Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura ❯ Sakura ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

She finally did it. The blood from her hands dripping and mixing with the crimson liquid at her feet, seeping into the cooling body.

He was dead. Her one and only love. Her one and only enemy. The sire of her life, her body, her mind, her heart.

"Father," she whispered. Wetness welled up in her eyes, seeing red, she wiped them furiously away. What was the point in killing him? So he couldn't hurt her anymore.

Setting her mouth in a grim line, she let one last flicker of human emotion out of her. Spitting at the corpse, she put the white mask of death on, and set on the task of cleaning the blood up.

For 13 years, none of the hairs on her head had reached more than 10 feet away from her pathetic thing called a house. She never knew her father's name. All she knew that the man that had scorned her whole entire life was her father. Because he had said so. He had never told her his name, or her name in fact.

In secret she called him Thirsty, for he always had a cup of water in his hand. Never the fiery liquid that his guests drank, but pure water. Always greedily sucking up water, as if some paranoia of dehydration followed him everyday.

She hoisted Thirsty's body, wrapped in white linen, up on her shoulders. With the numbness inside her, she didn't even feel the weight that he put on her, although he surely outweighed her by two stone. Gathering a few supplies into her father's leather pack, she paused outside shortly to lay the white mask on her father's face. A sign of shame, her father was now a ghost, and will always be remembered as one.

She walked further and further away from her dwelling. The blood roaring in her ears from her emotional exhaustion, preventing her from hearing as her house and the cadaver burst into flames.