Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Dental Addiction ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Dental Addiction"

A _Price of Tennis_ Fanfiction

By Andrea Readwolf <andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com>

Chapter: 1/1

Rating: PG (or is that GP?)

Pairings: Golden Pair

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: Characters are written in character according to author's interpretation.

Spoilers: tenipuri500 Challenge: #11 Addiction

Summary: Eiji has an addiction.

Disclaimer: Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi.

Date Started: August 2, 2004

Status: complete

Revised: August 3, 2004

Word Count: 484

"Dental Addiction"

Oishi Syuichiroh stared with pain filled eyes as his tennis partner and good friend ran up the school steps with only a few minutes to spare before the morning bell.

"Eiji..." he began, resisting the urge to reach out and touch the other teen comfortingly as the redhead's fingers flew across his school uniform's buttons, deftly squirming out of the uniform and into his school jersey. "This is the third time this week."

Kikumaru Eiji grinned apologetically up at his doubles partner, squinting one eye shut and clapping his hands together, offering a slight bow of repentance--a vision that was somehow ruined bay the boy's heavy pants for breath and his half-dressed undressed state.

"I know, Oishi, and I really am sorry, really--"

But Oishi was frowning, steeling himself for the confrontation. "Eiji, this has got to stop."

"I know! I know, I'll wake up earlier and--"

"That's what you said last week," Oishi cut in gently, giving in to the urge and reaching up to touch the redhead's shoulder. "Eiji, I think... I think it's time to, well, consider the possibility that... that maybe you... you have a problem, Eiji."

The redhead looked at his friend and partner with shining, hurt eyes. "Oishi... how could you say that, nya? I've only been late a couple times, and--"

"You have a problem, Eiji," the dark-haired boy interrupted again, a little more loudly, a little more sternly.

"Don't be ridiculous," Eiji replied sharply, dislodging Oishi's hand from his shoulder with and jerk and frowning unhappily as he moved towards his cubby space. But before he could settle his bags, Oishi reached out and yanked his toiletry bag open, fishing through the contents determinedly.

"OISHI!" Eiji screeched with outrage, rushing the dark-haired boy in an attempt to retrieve his toiletry bag.

"Six, Eiji!" Oishi cried back at him. "Six tubes! There are only five days in the school week, Eiji, and even then..." He let Eiji take back the bag but kept a hold on the six colorful tubes. "*Why* do you need to bring so many tubes of toothpaste with you to school? These tubes aren't even half finished, and this one is brand new!" Oishi added, holding one of the toothpaste tubes apart from the others.

"But--" the redhead sputtered. "They're all different flavors. See!" Eiji tried to defend himself, reaching out to snatch at his precious toothpaste tubes. "This one is strawberry-banana, and this one is spearmint, and this one is bubblegum, and this one is peppermint, and this one is--"

"EIJI!" Oishi interrupted again, feeling half angry and half desperate. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his frazzled nerves, and began again. "You've got a problem, Eiji," he repeated, reaching out to take back one of the tubes---pineapple, he noted off-handedly. "I think... I think you're addicted to toothpaste, Eiji."

~~owarimasu~~