Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Pair One-shots and Drabbles ❯ I ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


I
“Oishi?”
“Yes Eiji?” To be quite honest, Oishi Syuuichirou was curious. Eiji had always hung on to that cute accent, even after high school. They were in college now, so why should that change?
Wait a minute…Oishi's face flamed. CUTE! What am I thinking?
Eiji seemed to notice that he wasn't paying attention, and promptly announced it to him… “Pay attention, NYA!”
Oishi did as he was told. “Ok, so what is making you so uncomfortable?” Eiji looked up nervously, and murmured, “Promise you won't get angry…ne?” “Eiji. Just tell me. We're in the Golden Pair, remember…”
Eiji puffed his cheeks out, looking quite put out by Oishi's easy tone. “But this is IMPORTANT…” He whined. Rolling his eyes, Oishi continued on his neglected homework. “Just talk, Eiji. I'm sure it's nothing nearly as big as you think it is.” “Ok, Oishi Syuuichirou! The truth is…I-”
Eiji's roommate poked his head in. “Oi! I'm going to the cafeteria on a drink run. You want anything?” Eiji fell over. “Jun-” He hissed, “You are interrupting my big and dramatic super cool speech, nya!”
Jun, Eiji's roommate, blinked. “O..k. Still, you want anything, Kiku-chan?” Eiji smirked. “I want Pontaâ„¢, and…” The list went on and on, and Oishi's jaw nearly fell off in shock.
Jun just shook his head. “So, lemme get this straight. You want a grape Pontaâ„¢, a white chocolate Reeses© cup, a bag of popcorn, seven Laffy Taffyâ„¢ Nerd Packs, a cup ramen, one freshly made miso soup, 16 mini bags of popcorn, a carton of vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, cherries, etc.” Eiji nodded. OK. See ya in a bit.”
Oishi looked dubiously at the smirking roommates. Eiji was light and bouncy, liked having fun and was interested in new things- not really caring about rules. Jun, on the other hand, was the kind of guy who seemed nice, but was the person you wouldn't know quite what to expect from.
Jun saluted and left for the cafeteria with a large basket. Eiji turned back, serious once more. “Now then. Oishi! I!” Oishi urged him on, “Yes?”
“I!” “Yes?”
“I! HOPE!” “YES?”
“I-” We now interrupt your programming to point out the obvious: they aren't getting anywhere. Let's fast forward to ten minutes later.
“I! AM! A!” “YES?” …Never mind. Let's go an hour into the future then.
“-OK, Oishi?” Ah, good. We now return to your regular programming.
“…Next time, Eiji, don't make me wait forever to hear that. Alright?” … “HAI! Let's go play a game!”
I hope you're happy, Syuuichirou.” And I'm sorry I couldn't tell you that. But, really…who the heck believes me when I jump at them screaming, “I AM A VAMPIRE!”?

 
I think this was cruddy. Tell me what you think, though.
 
We, of course, lay no claim on Tennis no Ohjisama and will promptly beg for forgiveness from its rightful creator.