Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ How to ask out Marui Bunta ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Why, yes, I do indeed own TeniPuri. Konomi Takeshi stole it from me. *Rolls eyes* Ha. I wish. xDD I laugh at myself in… muffinness. o.0
Rating: … PG? Maybe?
Warnings: Um, good question. Shounen-ai, language, Niou (he's a warning all by himself, really).
Summary: Akaya asks Niou for some advice. Silly elf.
Author's notes: Rikkai is just blatantly the best team ever. Both in terms of tennis and the characters. C'mon, they've got Kirihara, Marui, Niou, Yukimura… *.* There aren't enough Rikkai fics. So I'm contributing, humble as it is. ;)
 
 
~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~
 
 
Fidget. One, two, three…
 
Fidget, tug on hair. Four, five, six…
 
Fidget, cross legs, uncross legs. Seven, eight…
 
Fidget. Nine…
 
“Anou, Niou-senpai?”
 
Ten. How well I know you. With a smug grin that he didn't bother to hide, Niou turned to his squirming kouhei. “Yes?”
 
Akaya caught the grin, of course, and scowled. He looked back down at his feet and managed to sit still for a few seconds before his scowl deepened and he looked up again. “I kind of need… advice.”
 
Niou tried his best to appear the part of the caring senpai. Judging by the look in Akaya's eyes, he looked more like some sort of malicious predator. Fair enough, really.
 
“It's just…” Akaya paused, then said quickly, “IwannaaskoutMarui-senpai.”
 
“And you don't know how, right?” Niou asked.
 
Green eyes narrowed suspiciously. What, no teasing? No mocking laughter? “Yeah,” he said cautiously. “I figured, you know him pretty well, so you'd know the best way to ask him out, right?”
 
Niou waved a hand carelessly in the air. “Oh, that's easy. Watch and learn, Kiri-kun.” He cupped his hands round his mouth like a megaphone and yelled across the tennis courts, startling a few of the practising club members and making them jump. “OI!! MARUI!”
 
“Niou! What're you doing?!” hissed Akaya, dropping the honorific. For once, Niou let it pass.
 
“Don't worry, I'm doing what's best for all involved,” he smirked. Akaya was really starting to regret asking the devious third-year now.
 
“What?” Marui yelled back, looking annoyed, although it was hard to tell since he was just about as far away as it was possible to be from Niou and Akaya without being off the training grounds.
 
“Come over here!”
 
“Fuck off!” The words were accompanied by a hand gesture, and they could see Jackal quietly scolding Marui, who just shrugged. He turned towards Niou again and yelled, “What do you want?”
 
“Come here!” Niou shouted again. The entire tennis club was watching the exchange now with varying degrees of interest, grateful for any chance to rest. Sanada was in a particularly bad mood today; you could always tell by the number of `warm-up' laps.
 
“You come here! I'm not trekking over there!”
 
Akaya thanked every god he could think of. “Drop it, Niou,” he growled.
 
He was ignored. “Fine. Kirihara wants to ask you out! Waddaya say?”
 
Mortification raced through Akaya's body, faster than lightning. His mouth dropped open in outrage and he spluttered like a fish, torn between yelling at his shouting senpai and bodily jumping on him to shut him up.
 
“He wants to ask me out?”
 
Now everyone really was staring. Akaya whimpered.
 
Marui seemed to consider this for a moment, then gave Akaya a wave. “Sure, ok! We'll chat later. Kisses!” He and Jackal turned back to their practice.
 
Niou turned. “See? Nothing to it.”
 
Akaya fell backwards off the bench.
 
 
~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~]~
 
 
Sandy: My poor darling elf. -Huggles him- xDD He should know better.
 
Please review! I'll absolutely love you for it. ^_^ Long live Rikkai!