Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ In These Arms ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"In These Arms"

"Title"

A _Price of Tennis_ Fanfiction

By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]

Chapter: 1/1

Rating: PG-13

Pairings: Fuji + Tezuka

Genre: drama-angst

Warnings: Underage characters in homosexual romantic and sexual situations of self-discovery. Characters are written in character according to author's interpretation.

Spoilers/Summary: Day/Night of Tezuka's match with Atobe.

Disclaimer: Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi.

Date: June 2004

Word Count: 354

~~~****~~~

Fuji was holding onto Tezuka as they lay in his bed, his face buried against Tezuka's left shoulder, eyes squeezed shut. "You're so stupid," he whispered hoarsely. "Why didn't you just forfeit? Echizen--"

"I didn't want to depend on him," Tezuka's deep, warm voice interrupted, not angry, and thankfully, for the moment, at least, not pained, "for our victory..."

Fuji's hold on his lover tightened just that little bit more. "For *our* victory, Tezuka...he's part of the team, too."

For the moment, Tezuka didn't say anything; he just lay there, breathing as Fuji continued to resemble a human blanket, draped over the older boy.

"I know," he finally sighed, warm breath ruffling Fuji's hair.

Fuji couldn't help it; despite the gravity of the situation--Tezuka's shoulder being wounded, Kawamura's hand and Oishi's wrist, too--Fuji pressed a smile against his lover's skin. His proud, strong, wonderful lover...

"You just wanted to win for us," he only half-teased, knowing that was only half of the answer. "So we wouldn't have to depend on Ryoma." Fuji closed his eyes, nuzzling Tezuka's shoulder, basking in the clean, soapy scent. "Do you think we ask too much of him?" he wondered.

"No more than what was asked of us," came Tezuka's ready response... which means, he'd giving this some thought before.

The young tensai pulled away a bit, leveraging up to look down at his love from a little distance. "Tell me, Kunimitsu, who do you see when you look at Echizen-- Ryoma...? Me....? Or you?"

For the moment those hazel eyes stared up at him, Fuji knew the answer, even before Tezuka tried to look away. A small muffled laugh kept his attention trained on the younger boy, inviting him to share what he thought was so funny.

"I was just thinking," Fuji murmured, stretching to nibble at Tezuka's lips, "what an interesting relationship that would be." Feel the body behind him tense, Fuji brushed his lips against an ear, nose nuzzling brown hair away as he added softly, "But don't worry. I'm not ready to trade you in for a newer, younger model."

~~~****~~~