Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Possibilities and Meanings ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: Situations
 
 
 
 
Hayase stood in her room looking outside the windows. The walls were painted dark blue, and the doors, crimson red. Her room was fairly big, with a bed near the windows, two black painted wooden closets and a four-draw wardrobe the same colour. Across from it was a brown wooden desk against the wall with a black seat.
 
A knock was heard from her door, taking her out of her thoughts. She quietly walked to the door and opened it to see her older brother Shiro, or more specifically, a boy looking fifteen years of age, with a height of 155cm, messy brown hair and merry aqua eyes. He wore a black t-shirt and dark green shorts. Shiro smiled down at her while Hayase tipped her head back to stare back impassively.
 
A few seconds had gone by and they were still at it, but not long before Shiro pulled his little sister into a big bear hug and shouted out "Eeaaahhhh~! I've missed you so much!" Hayase took hold of a cockroach and placed it on his neck. Shiro froze as he felt something climb up his neck and onto his head. His eyes were wide and he sniffed "n-ne, what's th-that on me?" Hayase turned to him with a small smirk and a glint in her eyes. Shiro's eyes twitched in fear "h-hey! what's with that look?! What did you do to me this time?!"
 
Hayase's small smirk inched wider making Shiro frightened, "nothing much, it's just that a cockroach somehow, managed to crawl you" she stated, rather bluntly. With his breath hitched in his throat, he fainted in the doorway. Hayase let out a disappointed sigh and dragged him to the hallways then carelessly dumped his body on the floor.
 
She continued down the hallways and climbed down the wooden stairs and into the first floor of the house 'When he wakes up, Shiro owes me 500 yen. 250 yen for annoying me and another for hugging me. But I guess I could give him a ten percent discount since he's been away for some time...but then again, i'm too cruel to do such a thing... in fact i'll raise the fee up to 700 yen. Sounds good Hayase, nice thinking.'
 
She turned left and entered the kitchen. The walls were painted white and the room was lit up by the sunlight which poured through the white, open curtains. She looked up at the clock which read one o'clock. She looked through the cupboards and discovered that there wasn't much food in the house.
 
She decided she should go out, so she climbed up the stairs and stepped over her brother's body when she walked along the hallway. She opened the door to her room, stepped inside then closed the door behind her. She walked over to one of her black closets and opened it. She started to look through her pile of clothes before stopping and taking out long black pants and a blue and green striped t-shirt.
 
Two minutes later she had finished changing and was currently fixing the white collar of her shirt. She walked over to her portrait-shaped mirror and brushed her shoulder-length, raven black hair. She examined herself one last time before she slung on her black and white bag and taking her white and grey checkered wallet and a pocket of tissues.
 
Hayase exited her room, and once again, stepped over the seemingly lifeless body of her older brother, climbed downstairs and out the front door of the house.
 
She looked across the street and surprisingly saw a sushi bar. She decided that having lunch wouldn't hurt, so she looked around both sides of the road, checking for any incoming cars before she safely crossed it. She stopped outside the door of the sushi bar and reached out her hand then slid the door open.
 
She spotted a spare stool next to a tall boy, who was stuffing his mouth full of sushi.