Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ The Great Escape ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Thirty
The Great Escape
 
What they see when they open the door, is Kurai half way out the window already.
“Stop that Kurai!” Shinzoo demands.
The girls pounce, grabbing poor Kurai by the legs. Kurai fights against their grasp valiantly, holding her ground, not allowing herself to slip back into the room.
“We need reinforcements,” Shinzoo declares as she releases Kurai's leg. “Hold on, girls, I'll go get help!”
With that, Shinzoo takes off back to the restraint area where the guys are just looking around with nothing to do.
“We need help, Kikumaru-kun, Ryoma-kun, Horio-kun, go outside and keep her from escaping. The rest of you, come with me,” she demands.
The guys blush at the thought of entering the girls' bathroom. Kikumaru, Ryoma, and Horio all get up and do as they are told, not wanting to get on the bad side of this random girl.
Once outside, Kikumaru and Ryoma take one look at each other.
“I won't stop you if you don't stop me,” Kikumaru assures.
Ryoma nods, and with that, they part ways, leaving Horio behind.
“Wait!” Horio shouts. “If you guys leave everyone will blame me!”
Kikumaru stops. “Well, we can't just leave ya to the dogs, I guess,” he says thoughtfully, knowing that Kaidoh and Momoshiro would be angry, along with Tomoka.
“Thank you, Kikumaru-senapi,” Horio tears up.
“Well, if anyone asks we'll just say you fought as hard as you could,” Kikumaru smiles evilly.
“Senpai? I don't like that look in your eye,” Horio complains.
Within seconds, Horio finds himself placed in the dumpster near by. Lucky for him, Kikumaru isn't the mean kind, so he just sat him in there.
“Senpai?” he asks, confused, looking up at the red head.
“Don't forget to act the part,” Kikumaru smiles as he closes the lid and runs off.
He runs around the building to where Kurai is still struggling.
“Let go of me, would ya? I have to go!” she complains as she strains to hold on.
Suddenly, her hand slips, making her lose her stability. Kikumaru runs over and grabs her arm before it's too late.
“Kikumaru-kun,” Kurai gasps in shock.
He starts pulling, and soon she is free from the grasps of the others. She scampers away from the window before slamming it shut so no one can follow her though.
Kikumaru helps her to her feet as she grabs her basket and the two jet away from the building as fast as they can.
Once they are far enough away, they finally stop running, panting for air.
“Thanks for the save back there, Kikumaru-kun,” Kurai smiles as she tries to catch her breath.
“Kikumaru, just Kikumaru,” he insists.
Kurai looks at him as if he has nine heads or something.
“What? It's either that, or I start calling you Kurai-chan,” he smiles.
Kurai rolls her eyes in annoyance. "I said 'thank you.'"
“No problem,” he smiles. “So, what do you want to do with our new freedom?”
“You can do whatever you want, I'm just going to turn in for the night,” she shrugs. "I'll see you later, Kikumaru."
The red head stands there watching Kurai leave, wondering what he should do now that he is free of the trap his teammates had planned for him. Finally, he decides to return to the pet shop and have some fun.
 
Back at Kawamura's Sushi, saddened by the escape of their prey, everyone sits around the tables sighing.
"Akari, wake up," Shinzoo demands of her best friend who is now laying on the floor in peace. "Akari! The situation is terrible! You have to wake up!"
"What's she talking about?" poor garbage covered Horio asks Katsuo and Katchiro.
"I don't know," Katsuo responds.
"Come on, Hikaji's eating all of our ice cream! We have to stop her!" Shinzoo shouts as she shakes her friend ferociously by the shoulder.
Instantly, upon these words, Akari's eyes snap open. Her body shoots up, startling the Seigaku members.
"Hikaji!" the two girls plea as they tug at their teammate's shirt sleeve, puppy eyes on their faces. "Give us our ice cream!"
"Your ice cream?" Hikaji scowls. "Did you by this ice cream? Did you walk your lazy ass down to the store to get it?"
"No," Akari and Shinzoo mumble.
"NO! So, how can it possibly be your ice cream?" Hikaji shouts angrily.