Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Good, the Bad, and the Frustrating ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"The Good, the Bad, the Frustrated"

A _Price of Tennis_ Fanfiction

By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]

Chapter: 1/1

Rating: PG

Pairings: Momoshiro and Echizen

Genre: fluffy mockery drabble

Warnings: Profanity and frustration.

Spoilers: n/a

Summary: tenipuri500 challenge #18 - Trial and Error

Disclaimer: Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi.

Date Started: September 5, 2004

Status: complete

Word Count: 410

"The Good, the Bad, the Frustrated"

"Mmm. I don't think that's in the right spot," he commented helpfully. "Shouldn't it go the other way?"

"Ryoma," Takeshi huffed, wiping his sweating forehead on his shirt sleeve. "Will you shut up and hand me that screwdriver over there?"

"Eh? Which one?"

"What do you mean, 'which one'," the taller man growled. "The one over there, sitting on the box."

"There's no screwdriver over here, Momo," Ryoma announced.

"What the--Auh, damn... Shit." Takeshi grunted as he stood.

Ryoma watched him with amusement. "You talk to your students like that, Momo-sensei?" he couldn't resist teasing as the older man came over to where he was and started looking around for the mysterious screwdriver.

"If you're not going to help, then be quiet," Takeshi continued to grouse.

"I told you this was a bad idea," Ryoma reminded him, spotting something shiny in the grass about half a meter away. Closer inspection revealed it to be the elusive screwdriver. He held it out to his companion.

Takeshi took one look at the screwdriver and muttered a thank you as he went back to work. "Nonsense. This is a great idea. My sister had one of these things when she was Mayumi's age, and she loved it. And then Kenji can use it when he gets older."

Ryoma gave the tinkering man a dubious look.

"Trust me," Takeshi told him, looking over his shoulder and grinning.

"Sure, but I'm telling you, you're trying to attach the slide platform to the wrong side, Momo," Ryoma said. "The swing seat goes on the right side of the playhouse. See, it attaches to the chimney." He held up a diagram sheet.

"Let me see that," Takeshi frowned and then laughed. "Ha! What do you know... Okay, so......"

~8 Years Later~

The little boy looked pleadingly at his father. "Is it ready yet?" he asked for the umpteenth time.

"Not yet," Takeshi grimaced. "Just have to.... Hey! Where'd the screwdriver go?"

Kenji went out in search of his other father. "Da~ad," he whined in his most pathetic, kicked-puppy voice.

Ryoma looked up from his tennis magazine, frowning. "What's wrong?"

"Couldn't you have gotten one that was already put together?" Kenji pouted.

Ryoma huffed and looked back to his magazine. "You know your dad would never allow it. Why don't you practice your dribbling while your dad finishes putting the hoop up."

"Mada mada da ne," the little boy muttered forlornly.

~~***~~

Fin~fin

Author's Commentary:

^___^ There's just something about Momo and Ryoma that makes me go all gooey inside. I really do think they are my Seigaku favorite pairing. Yes, Tezuka and Fuji will always be steamily wonderful, and GP is, well, golden, and Inui-Kaidoh make their own spell-potions, but Ryoma-Momo just makes me *happy*, dammit. ^____^

Especially when the kids are even remotely involved.

The playhouse I had in mind while writing this can be found here: http://shopping.msn.com/eshopframe.aspx?merchId=2773&catId=2594&u=h ttp%3a%2f%2fwww.jcpenney.com%2fjcp%2fbanners.asp%3fsiteID%3d9309999%26url%3 dProducts.asp%3fDeptID%3d0%26CatID%3d012122%26Grptyp%3dPRD%26ItemId%3d08263 78

While I never personally had a playhouse as a little girl, I always wanted one. {sulks} Oh, well, I got lots of other nice things growing up, so I wasn't lacking any!