Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Stairs ❯ The Stairs ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The teen sighed. Since when was school so hard. He had done all of the things his best friend had done, yet he still just passed his test.
 
“Maybe he's paying her...” He pondered with a slight grin on his face and as an after thought, “Nya.”
 
That couldn't be right. His best friend was the school tensai, a genius. So what was the genius doing in class 3D? The second lowest class in his school. It didn't make sense.
 
Folding his arms to lean back, he thought again, scrunching up his nose in a cute fashion. He did resemble a child. “Maybe he's cheating...” he thought, “and lying to me...”
 
He shook his head and chuckled to himself. His best friend would never lie to him. His friend just wouldn't. If his friend did get high enough marks to get in class 3A, why wasn't he in the class with Oishi and Tezuka? His best friend was the genius, after all.
 
Eiji sighed and gave up. “I'll never work this out...nya...”
 
Suddenly, a flash filled Eiji's eyes. Eiji jumped to his feet. “AH! I'm blind!”
 
Fuji chuckled. “You were too deep in thought. It doesn't suit you, Eiji.”
 
Eiji scowled. “Mou, Fujiko! What was that for?”
 
Fuji smiled evilly. “I just said. You're too cute to think that hard.”
 
Eiji crossed his arms. “I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult.”
 
Fuji smiled. “Just take it as a compliment and let it go. Come on Eiji, we have class.”
 
Eiji smiled. “I'll beat you down the stairs! I promise I will this time. I've been training!”
 
Fuji raised an eyebrow in confusion. “You trained running down stairs?”
 
Eiji frowned. “No! I trained for tennis so now I have more stamina. That way I can't let Oishi down!”
 
Fuji nodded in approval. “That's good. Now, we're going to be late.”
 
Eiji darted off. “See you downstairs, Fujiko!”
 
Fuji shook his head as he began to run, a slight 'nya' echoing up the stairs, then a small cry and a crash. Fuji ran faster. Eiji never learned. Falling down the stairs didn't count.
 
OWARI.
 
(A.N: Hope you liked. I don't own Prince of Tennis. Konomi-sama does. That's all. Please review!)