Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
chapter 4

A/N: okay, i know this wasn't the best fanfic around but i can't help but write it down. well... do enjoy!

Disclaimer: No, i does not own Prince of tennis, konomi Takeshi does. however, i do own Hiroshi Echizen! off with the story now and warning of OOC as well as shonen-ai implied.

Next morning at Hyotei~

Hiroshi stifled a yawn as he tried to concentrate on whatever lecture which the teacher was giving. He had always dislike the subject of Social studies, therefore he totally shows no interest in the topic of "Japan's Industrialisation." Just the topic itself had already made him full of boredom and the monotoneous voice is not making it any easier.

Desperate with his current situation he tried to divert his attention to something else. He flick his attention to the scenery outside the window and found himself face to face with a sleeping figure under the willow tree in the school yard. With a whole lot of ideas swimming around in his mind, he placed his trademark smile on his face and turn his attention back to the lesson before the teacher could send a disapproving glare in his direction.

~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ At Seigaku~

Tension was high in the court as sparks were send flying around. Everyone was staring at the two people playing in the court even someone as dense as Ryuzaki Sakuno could notice the difference in Ryoma and Fuji.

The tension between them were so high and thick such that it could engulfed them, right there and then. Everyone was watching the match would have notice it by now, especially the match had been going on for the pass thirty minutes by now and the score between the two was still a tie.

Forgetting the spectators around, Ryoma and Fuji were each pregnant with thoughts. The reason would have to be trace back to the previous day that Ryoma had refuse Fuji kindness of sending him home. Fuji had been curious then but refuse to question anything as he thought that Ryoma would provide him with an explaination later. However, till this morning Ryoma had not gave him the reason 'why' thus he notice the fact that it had been happening for the past few days as well. He had unconditionally linked it to Ryoma's cousin logically.

'Ryoma, what is it about you that I didn't know of?'Fuji thought. Although, it wasn't anything concerning with their relationship but Fuji just felt the need to know. He love to poke his nose into others affairs, he knew about Tezuka relationship with Atobe as well. He knew it the moment when he seen the way Atobe eyeing Tezuka during the match. He knew Eiji and Oishi had something going on but refuse to admit. He knew about the triangle between Momo, Ann and Kamio. He knew alot of the things which others didn't, especially things about Ryoma. He knew about Ryoma attraction to him which explains why they were together in the first place. Henceforth, he hated the idea of not knowing anything with regards to Ryoma.

It was Ryoma turn to serve, Ryoma bounce the ball as he search Fuji face for any signs to explain their current situation. However, Fuji just response with his famous trademark smile.

However, Ryoma knew. Fuji was hiding his true self beneath the mask of smile. The more he knew about Fuji, the more determined Ryoma become in order to wipe that smile off Fuji face. He wanted to know real Fuji, not the Fuji on the surface who is always appearing nice and gentle. He wanted to know the Fuji hiding beneath the annoying smile and close eyes.

With a smirk, he switch the racquet to his right hand and serve. Fuji open up his eyes to return the serve easily. Ryoma smirk, he was right. He had seen jealousy in Fuji eyes when Fuji return his serve. However, the match between them never seem to have an answer as the heaven had took pity on the spectators and started raining. With the arupted end of the match, everyone retreated to the changing room. Fuji and Ryoma wait till everyone was gone before speaking to each other.

"Ne...Fuji-senpai, what were you thinking back there?"
"Saa..."
"Fuji-senpai, is there anything you want to tell me?"
"I don't know what you're saying."
"Don't deny it, Fuji! I seen it in your eyes a moment ago."
"Echizen, what are you talking about?" Fuji answered with signs of danger lurking in his voice warningly.

"Fuji, what is it that you want to know?"
"Echizen..." Fuji voice make a warning turn.
"You're jealous, Fuji! I'm positive that I'm not mistaken."

Fuji's eyes open, piercing blue met brown. The jealously and seriousness in his eyes could make a shuddered in the dark. They stood staring at each other, finally Ryoma sighed and gave in.

"Fuji, if that's what you're thinking about... you're wrong! I can assure you that by not wanting you to send me home had nothing to do with Hiroshi."

Fuji made no response, not even a flinch.

"I'll prove it to you then!" Ryoma moved towards Fuji, wrapping his hands around Fuji's waist.

This time around, Fuji did move. Grabbing Ryoma and spun him round such that they were facing each other.

"Do you realise what you're doing?" Fuji glance at Ryoma.
"Hn..." came a muffled reply as Ryoma buried himself in Fuji's warmth.
"Ryoma... I'm possessive!" Fuji said but was interrrupted by Ryoma.
"So be it!" Ryoma answered as Fuji reached out to kiss him.

with a smile tugging by the corners of his lips, Fuji and Ryoma finally advanced to the final steps of their relationship.

~~~~~TSUZUKU!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~