Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
chapter 9- the day after~

disclaimer: prince of tennis does not belongs to me, it belongs officially to Mr. Konomi Takeshi.

spoilers: OOC/ shonen-ai implications.

genre:romance/ drama/ general Pg-13

Jirou observed Hiroshi from a distance, he'd notice a few similarities between Hiroshi and Fuji. Like Fuji, Hiroshi always had a smile on but yet so different.

Although both of them look endearing and harmless, but Fuji's smile could be unnerving at times whereas Hiroshi's smile were always cheerful. However, things aren't as simple as it seems to be, there're things which the outsiders wouldn't be able to tell nor known about.

Like Fuji, Hiroshi had a tendency to hide his true self beneath the mask of smile. However, unlike Fuji... he would change his characteristic once he's out of the crowd or when he's alone.
For instance, Jirou is now observing Hiroshi from quite a distance. Although there's quite a distance between them, Jirou knew that Hiroshi was spacing out. The distant look from the latter eyes told him so.

As if sensing Jirou's intruding gaze, Hiroshi snapped out of his reverie and shoot Jirou a warning look. slightly glancing downwards, Jirou make his way over to Hiroshi.

"What are you doing back then?" Hiroshi piped up the minute Jirou took a seat next to him.
"Just looking..." Jirou answered nonchanlantly.
"looking?" Hiroshi repeated as he peer closely at Jirou.
"yeah... just looking, nothing else!" Jirou answered firmly.
"At ?" Hiroshi asked again with eyes that seems to glaze.
"huh?"
"what are you looking at?" Hiroshi tried again.
"Oh, you!" Jirou answered as he glance sideways at the latter.
"So... What's so interesting about me?" Hiroshi tried to sound casual but it was in vain.
"you look as if you were spacing out on something..." Jirou answered frankly.
"Oh... is that so? Hm..m, well... maybe or pherhaps I am really spacing out." Hiroshi muttered under his breath.

Jirou was about to say something when Shishido appeared in fornt of them.

"Jirou, Atobe was looking all over for you!" Shishido looked pissed off, judging by that look on his face... Jirou knew that he was not pleased to be send on the task of searching for him. Shishido shift his glance over to Hiroshi, pause for a moment before he uttered " coach was looking for you!"

With that, Shishido headed towards the opposite direction to Outori.

Jirou and Hiroshi shared one look and headed for the tennis court. Arriving at the tennis court, they went separate way, Jirou to Atobe and Hiroshi to coach. However, they had no idea what was in store for them.

"were you looking for me?" Jirou asked Atobe as he stiffled a yawn.

"yeah... I want you and Hiroshi to play against Gakuto and Oshitari." Atobe look intently at Jirou, hearing Atobe's speech... both Jirou and Hiroshi were dumbstruck. Hiroshi looked over to Atobe before turning back to the coach for confirmation.

Slowly, Jirou and Hiroshi nodded after sharing a nod. The surrounding freshman and second year were looking at the sight enfolding in front of them in envy as they never had a chance to play against the regulars let alone playing doubles with them.

~ to be continue~...

date started: 12/12/03
date completed: 12/12/03
date revised(edited) : 08/02/04