Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, I don't own Prince of Tennis. I only used them in the fic.

Last time

"You are going to be there?" Ryoma raised an eyebrow skeptically.
"Well... unfortunately, I am not your father who'd been given the priviledge of missing the dinner without reason. I am expected to be there as well... If i were given a choice, I'll chose to stay home as well." Hiroshi answered with a shrug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What If- Chapter 17

~Rikaidai High~

The group was still standing around Ryoma and Hiroshi when the teacher-in-charge of the Rikaidai tennis club came out of the school building. They were startled out of their wits when the teacher cleared her throat behind them and asked "Why aren't you practicing in the court? I thought the break time is over by now?"

"Rinko-sensei!" The members of the Rikaidai tennis club greeted in response. That was when Kirihara Akaya piped up despite the warning glances shot his way by Marui.

"Sensei, there's some spy we have here... The seigaku tennis club members entered the school premises without permission..." Kirihara Akaya drawled out while the rest of the tennis club members cling.

"A-ra? Seigaku , you say..." The teacher in charge stared at Kirihara for a moment before shifting her glances towards the awaiting Seigaku members. Her eyes found Fuji and frowned for a minute before turning to Ryoma and Hiroshi, she then said something which causes the whole of the tennis club members to gape at Ryoma.

"Ryoma, I take it you understood the role you are to play tonight?" The teacher had said.
"Yes...I know, have to smile throughout the dinner. Be respectful to grandfather and grandmother, be polite to Carl despite the fact that I despise it. Not to bait anyone into a fight during the evening game, be on the best behavior towards Carl and his team mates as well as their coach Mr. Carmen. Especially, when they are the special guest of honor this evening specially invited by grandfather. Try not to mention father or uncle Soujirou during the dinner, in case things get ugly. The family dispute over the past ten years due to uncle Soujirou and aunt Mizuki divorce is a sore subject, entertain them if I must. Yes, I understood." Ryoma recited everything as if he was reading from the textbook.

"What about you, Hiroshi-kun?" Rinko then shifted her attention to Hiroshi who's still glancing around the school environment.
"Yes, I know what I have to do. Don't worry, Aunt Rinko. I'll keep an eye on both Carl and Ryoma here, to keep them from killing each other. I'll be sure to keep Melissa and my little half-sister, Rin out of the animosity as well. They're better off not knowing anything between our family. Yes, I'll avoid the sore subject as well and I'll be sure to hold my tongue around my step father." Hiroshi replied solemnly.

The bombshell dropped on them when Ryoma blunted out "Mother, Why did you have to be cousin with Hiroshi's mother? Why did you two just have to marry father and uncle Soujirou? Why did I have to endure the presence of Carl? Why do I had to attend the annual family dinner when father could get away scot-free? You know the fact that I don't like to entertain them..."

"Ryoma, you had to go because you didn't go the last time. They let you off the previous time since you're away in Japan while they're still in America. You can't get out of it this time around, Carl is actually looking forward to see you again." Rinko replied firmly.

"More like waiting to kill me on sight, especially when he's defeated by me yet again..." Ryoma muttered under his breath, but was silence by his mother's stern glare.

Rinko then headed over to pick up Melissa and headed back inside the school building leaving the tennis club to their own device. Ryoma took one look at Kirihara and snapped in annoyance "Stop gaping at me, so what if my mother is your teacher... why are you staring at me like a fish?"

"I thought she married an ex-pro player?" Yanagi asked.

"Check with Inui-senpai if you want to know more... Yes, she did married an ex-pro player. That ex-pro player is my father, Echizen Nanjirou otherwise known as Samurai Nanjirou. He used to be a star player from Seigaku as well, he's the player who came up with the new technique of Nitouryuu. I played him everyday without failed but I still can't defeat him yet, Hiroshi also played him whenever possible. Our technique were so similar because' we were trained by the same people, I used to be an exact copy of my father. That's all I'm willing to say about him..." Ryoma answered with annoyance while Hiroshi stifled his urge to laugh out loud.

"Fuji, you think it's funny isn't it?" Ryoma turned on his death glare and shot it at his boyfriend. However, the glare is no use when it comes to Fuji since Fuji still remains unfazed by Ryoma's effort at itimidating him.

"Fuji, Ne Fuji!" Eiji snapped his fingers in front of Fuji who's still maintaining eye contact with Ryoma, or rather Ryoma glare at him while he continue to smile unnervingly.

"Yes? Eiji, is anything the matter?" Fuji turned his attention towards the impatient red head of his team.

"Fuji, you knew about this matter as well right?" Eiji asked.

"Saa... what do you mean?" Fuji asked while Ryoma gritted out in frustration.

"Stop. acting. as. if. you. don't. know. anything. about. it!" Ryoma grinded out.

"What do you mean, Ryo-chan?" Fuji shifted his attention back to his fuming boyfriend.

"How many times do I had to tell you not to call me Ryo-chan! And do not try to act innocent, you came over for dinner last weekend and my mother was setting the table. You knew it, you'd seen her and you even asked her where she's working. You thought I didn't know isn't it?" Ryoma paused for breath before continue ranting "You knew she's working here and you knew that there's going to be a meeting between the America St. Mary academy tennis club and Rikaidai Tennis club since they're planning for a friendly match within the school and you just had to lure me here and using Eiji-senpai secret as a bait, don't you? Just what are you playing at? Are you receiving lessons from my father on how to get me irritated? Are you trying to see how much you can push me?"

Throughout Ryoma whole episode of temper outburst, Fuji just remain calmly while Ryoma resorted to yelling at Fuji in the middle of the school. Oishi was staring at the sight with anxiety, Eiji watched Ryoma yelling at Fuji wide-eyed while Hiroshi just ignored it as if it's an usual occurence. After Ryoma stopped ranting and started to breath in and out more evenly, Fuji asked something so cold that almost froze everyone's blood.

"Are you done yet?" Fuji had said as his eyes opened and stared at Ryoma with burning gaze.
"Yes..." Ryoma had answered breathlessly as he's so caught up with Fuji's eyes to even realized what had just taken place. Without waiting another second, Fuji had grabbed Ryoma by the wrist and pulled the latter into his embrace and started kissing Ryoma senseless. Their kiss was so intense, so passionate that sends burning sensation down everyone's spine. The moan let out by Ryoma just managed to cause Marui and Eiji turned hard on. Oishi had merely turned into an interesting shade of red while Hiroshi had engaged Kirihara into a game to keep himself sane. Sanada and Yukimura had half-dragged the still recording Yanagi away from the scene with Jackal trailing behind them shaking his head trying to get rid of the scene he'd just witnessed.

Oishi was still shuddering from the aftermath of witnessing such an intense and passionate moment between Fuji and Ryoma that he had ran all the way into the nearest boy's bathroom and get a cold shower. He had thanked his lucky stars for Rikaidai having shower tap in the gents probably because they had their very own swimming pool and team. Halfway in between the Ryoma and Fuji's public display of affection, our favorite two red heads had hid themselves in the tennis club locker room shutting themselves in to gain release of their passion.

~to be continue~

Author's notes: I hope this isn't too much for PG-13, or should I change this story to Restricted?

date completed: 10/03/05

date revised: 17/03/05