Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24

Then it emerged from the grass. It was the biggest snake Genji had ever seen! It was half his size in height, its head could fit Genji perfectly, and it was as long as two city blocks. It was a muddy brown color with black diamond patterns sloping down its back. On its tail was a flesh colored rattle that shook violently, and made a sound that caused Genji's bones to shake with it.

Genji could also see a faint scar on the beast's head that looked like a stab wound made long ago. And the eyes it had…slitted like a cat's pair, and so full of hatred.

My demon…in my dream…had those kinds of eyes…

The snake stared directly at Genji, as though there was nothing else in the universe it wanted more than just the boy. Genji aimed his bow at the serpent defensively.

**We meet again, Seru.** It spoke with the language of the Gods. **After all these years I can have my revenge. You killed my priests… You killed my children… You killed my soul as I watched my own people be slaughtered. For over a decade, I carried the scar you made with your tail, living in shame. Now, I will free myself of this shame with your blood.**

Genji glared at the snake.

**You're mistaken, my lord.** he addressed politely. **I am not Cell. I am not related to him in any way. My friends and I are just mere travelers on their way to West City. We mean you no trouble, my lord.**

The snake wouldn't hear it. It opened its jaws to bare its fangs. The curved teeth were almost as big as Genji!

**I, Nanja, will avenge my children!**

Then, it lunged foreword to swallow Genji whole!

Momiji shrieked in fear.

"GENJI!"

/|\

The boy just smirked and let his arrow fly. The arrowhead had sunk into the roof of the snake's mouth, and the creature fell to the ground before it could reach Genji. It squirmed on the ground in pain as the boy began running away. He put his thumb and finger in his mouth and whistled for Yume.

"Phweeeeeeet!"

Yume heard him, and bounded after him.

"Run!" she shouted at Ryu and Momiji. Ryu grabbed Momiji's hand and dragged her behind him as he dashed after Genji.

The arrow snapped off as the Nanja closed its jaws and regained itself. It hissed angrily, and quickly slithered after them. It quickly caught up to the lagging Ryu and Momiji, snapping its jaws at them. Momiji thought quickly, reaching into her item pouch for summoning scrolls.

"KAKUSE!" she shouted, flinging the scrolls in the air. "Attaak!"

The five scrolls changed into Shikigami and they lunged for the giant snake.

"Ke, ke, ke, ke, ke!"

One was instantly swallowed by the snake while the other four pounced on its head, biting and clawing. The snake slithered on, ignoring its attackers as though they were just flies. Momiji squeaked.

"It's nuut even slowin' 'im down!"

"Hold on!" Ryu ordered, quickly wrapping one arm around Momiji's waist and jumping to the side as hard as he could. The snake slithered past them, ignoring them just like it was ignoring the Shikigami.

It was only after Genji!

"No!" Ryu shouted at the snake. "Leave him alone! He didn't do anything to you!"

The snake didn't hear him. Ryu frowned.

"Oh yeah, that's right…snakes are deaf…"

"Shikigami!" Momiji called out with her hands cupped over her mouth. "Protect Genji! Save 'im! Dun't let thaat snake kill 'im!"

It was faint, but she could hear the clucks of her paper demons.

"Ke, ke, ke, ke!"