Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ A Surprising Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Surprising Reunion
 
A warm breeze swift pass the jade grass, along down to the russet, timber, stilt walls of Irontown. Whom also stands on a scaffolds, is a young man; about 18 years old, dark chocolate hair, tanned, soft skin, quite daring eyes, soft lips - not that I know of but they just looks like it that's all - muscle-bound arms, toned body temple, and strong sprinting legs -I'm not even gonna describe what's between his torso and legs-. He's the perfect stranger if you want to know. Sweat drips down from his fore head to his cobalt kimono; he's taking up his weekly night shift, just watching for any…dangers.
Suddenly a quick swift of noise caught his attention, a sudden creak swept passed the gates, his squinted his eyes only just, trying to focus on where that sound it coming from. He turned his head to the side, and noticed a gentle movement of tacky wall decorations, as they silently made a series of notes. The strange man then tilted his body to look more closely at the suspicious area that… something is here.
He jumped down from his post, rising up again to face this mysterious thing, he then closed his eyes and only concentrated on his hearing, listening to the breeze circling around him, listening to it slowly in his mind, just listening…listening…listening…listening…listening&# 8230;
 
…CRACK! A broken pot has occurred into his head, quickly unfastened his eyes and walked his way over to the pots; he knows that this `thing' is over there. His heart pumped faster. Sweat started to come on faster. And he still draws nearly to he pots. Looking into a dark space where it's left empty. Dipping his head into pitch black, hearing the noise more closer then ever, then-
“You!” Strutted out by his side was a stranger that made the young man jumped out from his skin, and reflexes to the ground on his back. “Why do you live in this human dump?”
The stranger was a young girl, at about 17 years old, maybe coming onto 18. She has three distinctive burgundy triangles on her face, one on her forehead, covered in her brown fringe, and two larger ones on her cheeks, just below her grey eyes, pale peachy skin, sleek, strong body, quite long arms, with two athletic legs that are supporting her whole body. She was also wearing a violet dress with a white, dirty cover over it, and a headband keeping together her short, frizzy brown hair.
“San!”
“Well who else can I be? Yakul?”
“Of course not.” The young man smiled. He smiled as if he knew the girl for a long time.
“It's been a while…Ashitaka.” San smiled back.
“It has…but how did who get in here.”
“Ashitaka…I have been trying to kill Eboshi most of my life, I have gotten into this fortress many times, you even witnessed me getting inside, foiling my attempt to kill that damn woman, So please…don't ask that question again.”
“…ok” he hesitated within that pause. “But you're probably the last person anyone wants to see who lives in this town…'' he then rose up. “…and I don't want to see you get hurt so I want you to get back home.” San then clutched onto his sleeve, and slung Ashitaka back to a wall, and trapped him within her arms like a barrier, and stared right to his face.
“I haven't seen you for months, why didn't you come. You know… I always thought you would change your mind and come live with me… but I guess… your sticking with your plans, aren't you?” She then loosens her grip on his kimono. But Ashitaka then took hold of her hands.
“I don't mind living here… but I could never manage to…”
“What…? Never manage to what Ashitaka?” She then looked straight into his eyes, and drew herself closer to his body, quietly hyperventilating. As a reaction, Ashitaka leaned his head gradually to San. Their eyelids lowered slightly. Their lips were almost touching. But then they both twitched away.
“I-I'm sorry!” San apologized
“It's alright San.” Ashitaka sighed and took a silent moment together against a wall.
“Come with me.”
“What?”
“Please…come with me….sleep with me…”
“Uh! P-P-Pardon?!”
“Not, what I mean is, just for the night, stay together as…friends…best friends.”
“…San…”
“Because…I've…never really had a best friend…not back when I was-
A siren then mild screeched in her head, she gripped her head with both of her hands and bounced of Ashitaka. “Argh!”
“San! Are you ok?” Ashitaka tried to help her out. San couldn't help but trying to breathe.
“Nnnnnggh! I'm okay; it's just a small headache. Nothing to fuss over.”
She then rose back up to her feet and brushed down the dust that sprinkled on her dress.
Ashitaka's face then turns to relief as the mild ache suddenly washed away.
“Maybe, I should stay with you. For the time being.” San struggled to twitch a smile, since she hasn't smiled or felt happy when she left Ashitaka to remain inside the forest; the very heart of the Forest Spirit. For the slightest moment, she thought about giving him the kiss they both desired, the one time where she can show her emotions towards Ashitaka. Yet the thought of her kissing a human disgusts her, of course, she hates humans, every time she sees one she wants to pull out her daggers and open up their arteries. But not him, not Ashitaka, and do you want to know why? Because he can see right through her. Right through that stubborn skin she holds together, right down to that naked core within her soul, right there she suffers from a fragility that renders a weakness. And that weakness reduces her to nothing more than a lonely girl who was spirited away by Wolf Gods, like a lightning bolt stroked down from the heavens and split her heart into two. That's why she didn't reject Ashitaka; it's almost as if he was her lightning bolt that cracked her into a split personality, as if she's the lethal Lucy and delicate Nyuu - I'm referring to the anime Elfen Lied - Yet none the less, she hates and loves Ashitaka.
“Thank you.” She whispered gently.
“Its alright.” replied Ashitaka. So San then silently scuttled across the town and climbed above the splinters of the great barriers that implore her away.
“Come on!” she whined.
“Don't worry, I'm coming.” Ashitaka chuckled as he looked back at the piles of broken pots and thought “there's nothing there.” Until…he took another glimpse through the black hole, and saw something…blue, with a white outlining. He assumed at first that it was just decorations for them. But when the moon flickered its lunar rays over Irontown, he saw the decoration blink. Ashitaka stuttered for a moment.
“What are you looking at?” San griped with impatience. Ashitaka took another look at the pots. But it was gone.
“…Nothing.” He said quietly. And drove himself towards San and capered out of the village.
“I will return of Yakul.”
“We will, don't worry.” She cooed as the peacefully walked up to the mountains.