Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreams
 
It was quite early in the morning when the blood red sun rose up from the night sky. Ashitaka laid in another bed quite fast asleep. Yet he started to shiver a little, then a lot. His started to void with disturbing thoughts of his reticent childhood.
In his psyche, he stood in an unknown building, with a man encircled him in his arms. He couldn't see the figure that was holding him so tightly. In front of him was, a mixture of orange and red firelight, with samurais surround him. Suddenly they all just wiped down, like cut wheat. But one man was still standing, like the person holding him; he was also unknown to his eyes. He raised his one hand, and then the silhouettes protecting him pushed him to one side. A squelch was then heard from him. He started to fell. He laid collapsed on the ground. Dead. Ashitaka looked at himself, his hands were covered in blood, so were his clothes; his blue ocean kimono stained with red stains. He then started to quiver, and shake violently. His voice trembled, and tears started to trickle down his cheek. He then turned himself to the other black figure; with no form of emotion whatsoever, and shouted at him with despair and anger;
“YAMEROU!!!”
- STOP IT!!! -
He started to hear a voice calling his name.
Ashitaka…Ashitaka…Ashitaka!” He suddenly woke up, with San looking closely down onto his face. He jerked a little from the slight startle he got from her.
“You're sweating, is it a bad dream?” She questioned him.
“Yeah…” he panted. “…it's just a bad dream.” He then reassured her. San smiled at him, as she placed one of her hands onto his. He then looked down from the emotion she was unveiling to him, they then looked at each other for a moment; it was quite peaceful, and romantic. But it was then disturbed from Kaya's running feet down the hall as she chased Sasuke. She then managed to cling onto his back as he cringed a little.
“Sasuke! Pease play with me!”
“Why can't you ask Motoko?” he asked with annoyance.
“Because she's gone to bath!”
“Oh…” Sasuke quietly spoke. “…that reminds me, I need to bathe too.” He whispered to himself.
“Ooh! Can I bathe with you?” Sasuke stiffened and gulped as he heard those disturbing words roll out from Kaya's mouth.
“No way! No way in hell!!” He shouted back at her. “I'm going!” he stomped his way out of the house and slammed the slide shut. Kaya just looked at him blankly, with Ashitaka and San slowly peeping out fro the other room.
“What's the matter with him?” Ashitaka asked.
“He's always grumpy! What do you expect?” San joked with him, but he still kept his wandering thoughts to himself.
 
Motoko was already in the hot springs; with her snowy skin gleaming reflections of light from her as the warm soothing of the water ripples pass her lightened body. The ends of her ginger red hair swayed with cool breeze brushing pass her light rosy cheeks and her emerald eyes glistened with the mirror image of the sunshine.
“People always say that a good bath replenishes you, but most of the time, all it ever does is bring me bad memories.” She thought to herself as she released her stress in the water. She tilted her head back slowly and closed her eyelids gradually. She started to dream…
 
What's happening now?
 
A voice occurred into her head…
…She saw herself in a small traditional house, wearing snow white robes and a dark ruby red long skirt, with her orange flower hair was stretched and tied back with a stick holding it up. She held a samurai sword sheathed in its case, and her eyes were observing the outside, with another young soldier standing next to her, with a sword too, but more mere and obsolete than hers.
“We will be expecting intruders to come soon.” Spoke to man.
“Do we have any idea who?” the young man paused his speaking.
“…Emishi's.” Motoko stuttered from those words.
“Those barbarians! They should be executed on site!” she insulted.
“And I believe that is our job to do so.” Motoko then looked at the boy, and gave a small smile at him; he too also returned a smile. But they friendly gestures were suddenly corrupted from a noise heard in a far corner. They quickly turned their heads to the closed opening of the door. They grasped hold of their sword handles and slowly unsheathed their rapiers in order to kill their enemies; they didn't give in to the creeping noise that obscured them. They still waited for their rival to show himself.
But then out from the tattered cloth that covered the slide door panes; came in shooting out tears of daggers into Motoko's direction.
“Get back!” shouted to man as he pushed her to the wall for her safety. The adversary finally showed himself to the boy, they charged at each other with their blades clashing between themselves. Motoko grew a bit scared and weary of the incident that was happening in front of her. But then she witnessed the brute slashing the brave boy's throat as he collapsed to the floor.
“No!” she panicked, but she unleashed her sword and anger and broke the brute's force with the sword and penetrated him in the stomach. She pushed him aside to let him die and slammed the slide open to thrash herself out of.
“Come on you bastards!! Show me what you're made of!” she bellowed to the air. Hen these group of Emishi warriors came jumping out from the bushes. She clutched onto her handle and sliced the first man she sees in half; letting the blood slide onto the ground. Her power and force had become too unwilling to control; the men became chopped down like fresh wheat. But one man took his fist and collided into her left cheekbone as she stumbled. Yet she managed to stay on her two feet. She crouched down a little and strode into his chest and used her energy to push him to a tree, and with his neck free; she stabbed it with the point of her blade and gave him a fiery fear that also made him scared to death. As she took the blade out, the blood rained down onto her pure white robe; making her look and feel tainted and street-like.
“Anyone else?!” she bellowed again. But then she looked onto her side and saw a tall elegant woman, with her dark bluish black hair tied up with a sword in her hand.
“Mother!” she gasped. But then an explosion of fire burst out from the trees with arrows of flames lashed down on them. Motoko hid under some rocks but lost sight of her mother, yet she still grasped hold of the sword as her defense. She caught a glimpse of her mother again; she stood calm and tranquil and look upon her daughter.
“I'm sorry.” She whispered to her.
“What? I don't understand?” Motoko whispered back, but the glimpse of her Mother disappeared.
“No! Mother!” She rose from the ground and ran to her. But then she saw a man coughing out smoke from his lungs, and he looked at her with soot covering her face.
“Motoko?”
“Father!” she shouted back. Suddenly another explosion occurred in their village, and took her by surprise. The potential energy from the fire made Motoko loose hold of her sword. She tried to grab it back, but it was already far out her reach. The blade was pointing at her father, with his back turned to the bark of a tree; he was unaware of the sword that was going to impale him in that moment. He turned…but it was too late. The blade had already stifled him down.
“No…” Motoko whimpered. The remaining enemies fled as they saw what has already been done.
“No…I didn't mean to…” she started to cry.
“…FATHER!!!” she violently screamed out.
 
Motoko…Motoko…
 
Another voice transpired into her head.
 
Motoko…Motoko!
She started to shake from the thrust someone was giving her. She started to panic and choke in the water. She also felt the hands of a stranger gripping her she shoulders and shoving it back and forth. She then raised her hand out from the water and viciously slapped him in the face. He spat out little droplet of blood from his mouth as the force struck him unexpectedly. He knelt down into the shallow end of the pool as Motoko rose out from the water and gasped for air. Her eyes became small and stunned, her breath pace took in deep amounts of atmosphere, and her body stiffened from the scare he just had.
The man with a small tinge of blood on his lips; turned out be Sasuke.
“You! What the fuck were you trying to do to me?!” she screeched at him.
“Oh, so should have let you drown in your nap then?” he questioned her calmly. Motoko looked at him for a few moments, but then realized that she was naked in front of him.
“Just get out of here!” she shouted at him with a small blush on her cheeks.
“Don't worry; I wasn't too aroused by your sight.” He cheekily alleged to her as he walked off in the opposite direction.
“The pert!” she thought to herself as she rose her wet body from the springs and dried herself from the quite intense heat from the sun.
“Damn that Kira! Why must he interrogate me? He's like an infest sometimes; lurking up on you unexpectedly. But on the other hand, he can be unusually…nice. Like when he just saved me from drowning, if he was really evil, he would have just left me to die. And that incident last night; what was that all about? Coming that close to me, clutching my hands, it was as if…no…no way! I'm trying to kill him! There's no way he would the slightest sense of infatuation of me. But…I have to admit…I liked it. I liked the way he pressed himself against me, trapping me behind my back, letting his hands exchange our bodily pulses with each other…what am I thinking?! What such adultery, how could I even think of HIM with ME? Never mind; I've got other things to worry about.” She quit thinking and enrobed herself back into her scarlet kimono and brushed her half-dried hair to one side, and made her way back to the house.