Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Tribal Rivalry ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tribal Rivalry
 
“Motoko, I am not going to fight you.” Ashitaka replied in a firm tone.
“You are! You people ruined my life! If I knew your background in the first place, then I would have let you die in Irontown.”
“But you didn't.” He counter-argued back, Motoko kept silent for the moment. “I have been exiled from my village in order to live from the curse; I am dead to my family.”
“So am I to mine; your kin is what killed my father with my mother's sword, I left my tribe to search for her. But now I've regretted it for all of my life. I should have stayed to take care of my people; my mother was a liar; and I have cut all bonds from her. Now I am left to avenge my father.”
“And killing me would satisfy your thirst.” Ashitaka asked quite coldly.
“An eye for an eye isn't it?” Motoko then unsheathed the sword and pointed it at Ashitaka. He looked at the blade and wondered.
“Why don't you use your mother's sword that you carry?”
“I can't bear the instrument that ended the life for my father; you don't deserve to die with royalty.” Ashitaka then tasted a tinge of anger down his throat, and clenched his fist that carried his sword a little.
“Fine.” He then unleashed his sword and clashed into Motoko's; causing a riff between the two of them. Motoko charged into him and her sword collided into Ashitaka, but he was too quick and skilled as the blade came into contact with the face of his steel. Every lash that passed, Ashitaka was always there to defend himself. Motoko then tried to make one big hack towards him but he quickly jumped back. She then suddenly somersaulted delicately in the air and slammed the blade onto Ashitaka's, as he rose the sword into the air as it clashed into hers and tried to withstand her weight, he then tried to tip her over but she soared above his head and landed on her feet like a striking feline. She pivoted her body to face Ashitaka and attacked him as she gracefully swiped her sword around like a silver twirling ribbon. Ashitaka pushed the sword away from his organs with his blade along with the force of his hand. He thought he made her miss, but the young prince was then fooled as the overseas princess kneed him in the stomach. He stuttered for a moment and cringed a little as he fell to the floor.
“You think just because I'm a woman, you're gonna catch me off guard lightly? It takes more than that to take me down.” Ashitaka grunted as he rose himself back up; stabbing the sword into the ground as he regained his strength.
“Motoko, do you realize what you are saying to me?” He questioned her lightly.
“I'm saying don't treat me like a whelp!” she snarled back.
“You sound like a novice to me.” He lowly spoke back. She then chuckled a little.
“Don't go making accusations if you can't beat me.” She callously spoke in a quiet tone, as Ashitaka gave her a worried grin back. She then raised her sword towards him “Go ahead; take me. Right now…or whenever you want!” she inaudibly challenged him. Ashitaka then picked up his sword and gripped it tightly; they both stood in waiting for their opponents to draw the first move. They the charged into each other; extracting their blades and collided them into each other as they withdrew sparks from each other. Motoko took the first step back as a sign of slight hesitation, yet she still held out as Ashitaka slashed the blade of hers, as it scarred the rapier with knife lashes. She then took a heap and slammed the blade down onto Ashitaka's, forcing her strength onto him as he started to yield down a little. But the young prince wasn't the type of man who just gives up in a fight; instead he stole her potency and back fired it against her. The blade then loosened the grip from Motoko, as Ashitaka slapped the sword from her hand and skillfully tripped her up. Motoko trembled to the floor, with a rapier drawn close to her neck. The two fighters stood in silence for the moment, when then a small sound came from the air, the ringing then became more distinct, as the sword that Motoko once held, then fell into the hands of Ashitaka.
“You can insult me all you want; I won't kill you from prejudice.” He clearly stated. Motoko started to shake a little, and then knelt down to the ground.
“I'm a failure.” She whispered to herself. Ashitaka then felt concern for the defeated hunter, and then rose out his hand.
“Are you alrigh-?
“Leave me!” She then ran ff into the opposite house as she slapped away the hand. Ashitaka stared at her with confusion and then thought to himself about the last words he had just heard.
`”Failure?”