Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ True Affections ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Affections
 
Motoko then felt awoken by a sudden rush of wind through her hair. She looked up and realized what has happened.
“Sasuke's in trouble!” She gasped.
“Ashitaka wake up! Wake up!” San shook Ashitaka from the floor as he then opened his eyes slowly to see San holding him.
“San…where's Sasuke?” Ashitaka suddenly rose from the floor and gripped hold of San.
“I don't know, I though he was with you.”
“He was until he ran off.” San then helped Ashitaka up from the floor and started to stutter.
“We have to find him.”
“Right; where's Motoko?” San then looked around the house and found that she was no where in sight.
“She's gone.” San quickened her voice; as they then ran off out from the house in a hurry, with suddenly Kaya and San's wolf brother flowing from behind.
“Kaya stay in the house!” Ashitaka ordered behind.
“I'm coming!” Kaya argued back.
“I said stay!”
“I'm coming!” And eventually he let them both follow them; after all, Kaya has San's brother to be protected by.
Motoko became lost in the forest when she tried to find Sasuke. She knew that he was incapable of staying put so she knew that he would be missing. Plus…her feelings for him have suddenly bloomed out from its shell, and showed her that she might, just might…be in love with him. Sweat began to drip from her forehead as she panted in and out for breath. But the she stumbled and fell over a tree root; grazing her knees a little.
“Oh! Itai…!”
ouch…!-
But then when she tried to stand herself back up again, she felt a soft blade touching the skin on her neck, and also the boisterous breathing coming from behind her.
“Don't move! Or I will cut your throat!” A stranger said from behind. “Now, just stand up…nice and slow.” Motoko obeyed his orders, and gradually brought herself to her feet.
“Who are you?” Motoko demanded.
“My master wants to see you in Irontown.” She sighed a little as she was tied with her wrists together by rope, and the stranger in black kept pushing her to make way to Irontown.
 
“Motoko, whatever you do; don't come.” Sasuke whispered to himself as he prayed to stop Motoko from coming to Irontown. Then two Samurais approached him with their pounding footsteps.
“Alright you insolent dog; shut up and stay that way.” One of them said with the other holding a ragged sack big enough to fit a person in.
“Or else?” Sasuke challenged him.
“Or else you don't want to know.” The samurai threatened him. But Sasuke suddenly chuckled a little, as then the soldiers looked at each other in puzzlement. Suddenly Sasuke sliced the Samurai's head off with a slash of his vector. The blood spat out a little, and then the body fell with its departed head rolling out of the room Sasuke's held hostage in. The remaining soldier looked in fear at the monster sitting in front of him; he then dropped the sack and struggled to get out his sword.
“That's enough!” Shouted a voice from behind him, then Keirtoro came walking in. “Can't you even bag an immortal- or a freak…” Sasuke glared at him with rage and disgust. “…when he's chained up?”
“B-B-But sir…!”
“Just shut up and leave it to me!” he spat out.
“Y-Yes sir!” the soldier quivered and ran out of the room in a hurry. Keirtoro then looked down at Sasuke, as his eyes slowly turned from cool blue, to blood red. Sasuke then choked, as he couldn't puff out another breath, he then clutched onto his throat, and started to rise from the ground. His eyes grew small, and his face painted pale, until then he loss consciousness and fell back down again.
“Fool.” Keirtoro spoke quietly, as he prepared Sasuke's cataleptic body into the sack.
 
“Do you have any idea where she went, San?” Ashitaka panicked as he kept running.
“I don't know!” San shrieked back, but she then tripped over the same tree root that tripped Motoko up. San landed her chin on the ground as she grunted with the collapse. Then when she opened her eyes, she saw a small bubble of blood on the ground, along with a tiny piece of ripped cloth of scarlet. She gasped a little, and looked behind her and saw footprints leading in another direction.
“Ashitaka!” she cried out, as then Ashitaka came running back to her.
“What is it San?”
“I know where Motoko's gone.”
“Where?”
 
Motoko then entered the broken gates of Irontown with the black stranger grasping hold of her wrists. She began to struggle a little to be let free from his grip. And then she saw Keirtoro in front of her with a filled up sack, along with Asano and his samurai.
“Ah, here she is.” Keirtoro groaned out. Motoko then broke free from the man behind her and sprinted to him, but was then took hold from behind. “It's okay; you can let her go.” So the stranger did, as then Motoko just glared at him sternly.
“What exactly is going on here, Keirtoro?” She demanded.
“Oh, absolutely nothing.”
“Don't talk bullshit with me!” Motoko bellowed out when her temper started to grow impatient. Keirtoro then sighed at her and turned away.
“I want the wolf girl come to me, and I need your help.”
“Why should I help you?! She doesn't own the body of Sakura!”
“Really? She did stutter when I called out the name.” Motoko then grunted and looked away.
“Why do you want to bring her back?” Keirtoro looked at her again.
“You humans have always been the fracture of this world; everything you create you destroy with, and end up with nothing at all. And what's worse as that you kill your own kind for your own cravings. I didn't know why I came here until I myself found the underworld, and came back here with other spirits running through my veins. But now I have found my purpose; I will bring in a new world where Gods and Demons will rule the earth once more, by destroying yours.”
“So you hate all humans, and you will annihilate us to save the animals of the forest.”
“No.” Keirtoro shook his head. “Your Gods and Demons will not be spared. They have embarrassed themselves by coexisting with you; they have shown themselves as nothing but slaves.”
“That is not true! Humans and Beasts have lived in harmony before you were born into this world, and they will live together after you are gone.”
“Me, gone?” He then leaped out a heap of laughter until his belly went sore. “You pitiful girl, the demons of the shadows live within me.” He then showed Motoko the scar of the demon curse which he unwrapped from his left arm. Motoko gasped at it for the moment.
“That is not a sign of immortality, it's a precursor of death.”
“Oh, you must be mistaken. Because this curse is not the one you are familiar with, the demons live among me and this is a sign of it, and when I accomplish the return of Sakura, her soul will help me bring this world to an end.”
“Are you blind?! Do you know why she was sent to the underworld? Is to stop her from causing an apocalypse here; she will bring you hell if she is returned.”
“Then hell it is then; a wonderful world for my superiors to live in.” He cynically sniggered behind his back.
“And what happens if you don't accomplish your goals?” Keirtoro grew pale and stiff when Motoko asked that question, and stared at her viciously, with his ruby eyes.
“I will not fail! You will bring the princess to me! Or else I have someone here would like to meet you.” Keirtoro then dragged the sack over to where he was standing; it then began to move when then Motoko grew cautious to what was inside it. Keirtoro slowly opened it, and then dragged out Sasuke with his hands tied and a rag to cover his mouth from speaking. Motoko grew pale when she saw the unstable Sasuke trying to maneuver his way out.
“I believe you know Kira, Has he befriended with you along your little voyage here?” Sasuke looked at Motoko deeply and shook his head timidly, Motoko took it as a sign from him and did the same, only more openly. Keirtoro then let out a scimitar, when then Motoko knew that if he strikes Sasuke deeply in the heart, he will be immediately killed.
“Then I guess there's no use for him anymore.” Keirtoro raised the dagger and started to draw it down on Sasuke.
“NO!” Motoko screamed out and then covered her mouth with her hands. Sasuke glanced at her with shock and silence.
“No? Why? Why didn't she let me go? Unless…she is…” Sasuke thought to himself and realized her true affections towards him. Keirtoro then smiled darkly and walked in the direction of Motoko.
“So…you do have feelings for him. Is it love?” Motoko turned her face away from him and sighed. “My God! The hunter is in love with the Kira!” He then began to laugh, which chained Asano to chortle, and the other samurais to follow the same. Sasuke looked down with guilt and sorrow; he never really had anyone who fell in love with him. Before his life as a murderer and immortal, he always wanted to search for the perfect woman for him to share his life with and to bear a child with him together. And after he was betrayed and turned away from being human, no one thought that he wasn't infectious or still the same person he was before. But now, right there, a woman who tried to kill him for her life as a bounty seeker, had actually become infatuated with him, as so did he to her. Ever since he saw her one time and demanded at him to surrender, he did surrender to her intimacy and seductive beauty, yet it came with force and anger, it was hard for him to show it to her. So he treated her the same; “Stay away and you won't get hurt.”, and with everyone else who stepped forward, was immediately killed, but with Motoko, he couldn't do it; he was in fact, in love with her.
“What such disgust!” Asano spat out. “Just kill them both Keirtoro! They'll never bring you the wolf girl.”
“You think so?” Keirtoro looked back at him.
“I know so.” Asano answered back.
“Fine.” Keirtoro then rose out his hand and clenched his fist. Motoko then felt like she was getting choked; her eyes turned small, her face turned pastel, and she tried to wheeze in a breath of air to live. Sasuke looked at what was happening to Motoko, and jumped out from the sack, but was too easily spotted by Asano.
“Stop him!” the samurais all at once bounded onto Sasuke as they piled up on top of him. Sasuke then harshly struggled to break free.
“Let her go!” Sasuke growled out.
“If you don't bring the girl to me, I will kill you lover!” Sasuke thrash about to escape from his prison, and then let out an enormous fountain of blood, as the limbs scattered away from him, Sasuke ran towards Keirtoro and thrashed him to one side to stop Motoko from getting killed. Motoko grew white, and fainted to the floor. But then, as Motoko fell with the broken gate in the vision of Sasuke, he saw Ashitaka running in towards him, and saw the body of Motoko fell.