Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Childhood Horror ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Childhood Horror
 
“Who are you? Why are you here?” Ashitaka whispered out in his dreams.
“Ashitaka…” Motoko cooed out as she caressed his shoulder gently, and felt the heat burning inside of him. She then softly took of his kimono, leaving his chest bare with his sleeves on. But the tension and quivering shook her a little, and she then leaned in closer to his face, trying to see what was going through his head…just trying to see…what was going on…
 
He saw himself in a dark room; the light was dimmed and the sky was night. His hair was swayed back and his clothes were shadowed with navy and brown. There was a tall male figure standing over him; with a light blue kimono and navy blue sleeves on. His hands were wrapped around Ashitaka's shoulders and held him close. There were also men in animalistic armor on, with helmets of monsters printed on them, and their scaly pads sewn onto their shoulders and knees. There was then a man; but with no identity to show himself to Ashitaka or the man standing over him, nothing but evil shadow. The shadow then lifted up a piece of iron, shaped into the size of a pistol, he then clicked it to make it load; he felt the tension of the man's hands as he gripped him tighter. And then, he pushed Ashitaka to one side, but then…BANG!
A bullet was fired, and the man fell to the floor, with a hole through his heart. Ashitaka then broadened his eyes and grew pale in the face. He quivered ever so slightly, and then shook madly as he then looked at the murderer.
“STOP IT!” he screamed at him with tears running down his face, but then one of the samurais drew out their gun and shot a bullet that slide through his left shoulder. The samurai was then shot through the head as the shadow pierced it. He fell but the others just let him die. The dead body of Ashitaka's protector then rose from ground with something hanging him through his arms. The shadow then glowed red with blood, and then somehow, the body was then shredded to pieces, gushing out fountains of blood that speared and spat across Ashitaka's face and body which merged in with his tears and sweat. His eyes turned wide again, but his voice stunned still without a singe sound. The shadow then looked down upon him, and smirked. He then walked away sharply with the samurais following him like sheep. Ashitaka looked at the herd turn away from him; his eyes then suddenly turned from innocent and scarred, into aggressive rage and savage unmerciful odium. And then a scream havocked inside his head as it keeps screaming to stop…and stop…and stop…
 
“STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPP!!!”
 
“AAAHHH!!” Ashitaka yelled out as he burst out from his dreams, and lifted himself into Motoko's arms.
“Shhhh…its okay Ashitaka…” Motoko calmly cooed to him gently, as she felt his hair and stroke his back with warmth. Ashitaka still kept on breathing out ragged air from his lungs and kept his eyes broadened.
“Motoko…you…”
“Tell me what you've dreamt.” Ashitaka gulped a little and sighed.
“It was my childhood. I was in a room with shadows overcoming me with only one man protecting; my father.” Motoko then turned her eyes to him. “He tried to save me, but he fell; murdered…by an assassin.”
“Do you know who?”
“No. His face and body was not identified, nothing but shadow. I didn't know why my father had to be killed. I still don't know now. I was thirteen…when I saw his fate.”
“What about you're mother?” Ashitaka took a slight pause for a moment.
“She died giving birth to me.”
“Then, your sister…”
“We adopted her when we found her half-dead in our village when she was Kaya's age. I promised my father and myself to protect my family to whatever length. But with my father slain, me having to be exiled, and to watch San die…I'm just a failure as a man.”
“Ashitaka…no one is a failure in anything; even you said that to me. It will be hard at first, but then you will see the difference to listen to your destiny, and to listen to your heart; that is a choice we all must make.” Ashitaka then sighed to himself, and then dropped a few tears.
“But Motoko, it's just…so unfair.” He then dug his head into her shoulder, as Motoko then carried on caressing him with reassurance and meaning.
 
Sasuke watched outside through the window. He was dripping wet from a nocturnal bath in the hot springs, with his body nude and silent. He watched the two warriors hug each other in sentiment as his expressions turned quite melancholy.
“So…that's love.” He lowly spoke to himself. “Everyone has it…even me?” Sasuke then looked down upon himself with a bit of sadness within him, and dried his body off with a towel.