Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Still Alive! ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Still Alive!
 
The sun rose up in a frail yellow daylight, with the lilac field above the sky fading into light blue. Ashitaka woke up early again and looked out to the scenery; the pool where he played with San, the forest where he refused to let her go, the ocean where he nearly kissed her for the first true time. He sighed for a moment and closed his eyes slowly.
“ASHITAKA!” A woman's voice screamed out. Ashitaka then opened his eyes to the landscape and quivered a little. “TASUKETE!!” she shrieked out once more.
“San?” Ashitaka whispered.
“I'm still alive…”
“No…no you're dead. I saw you die!”
“I didn't die…I'm just trapped…” Ashitaka then felt a gush of wind collided with his body. He shook a little as the gale swept him hard that made him fall to the ground. Then another airstream came rushing to him once more, but stopped close to his face. The collections of leaves and petals encircled him like a small parade of bliss. He stared deeply into the pink mist, as he began to become mesmerized by the azure ecstasy of this delight he was feeling.
“Remember Ashitaka; love is a powerful weapon, and will make you immortal in the soul, and will forever with the weapon in your heart…” He then felt a small peck on his cheek, as then the haze slowly disappeared into the air, and then a face of San came across to him; she was happy; her eyes were bright and her smile was warm. She wasn't the San that killed so many people in so little time. He gasped by her appearance. “You must save me; save me or Sakura will take over…”
“But how? Your soul is gone.”
“My soul is still around but for only little time. Keirtoro plans to bring her back. You, and only you, can stop him. It's love that guides us to what we truly desire.” The face then slowly faded away from his presence.
“Wait. Don't go!” he implored, but the wind faded away along with the others, leaving Ashitaka confused and shaken a little. A little sakura then landed into his palm softly, he looked upon it was sadness, but then he gulped a little and turned serious to the sunlight, and in doing so he clenched the flower.
Ashitaka then dashed back to the houses through the forest, and brushed through the bushes and into the presence of Motoko and Sasuke.
“She's still alive!” he pranced to them.
“What?”
“San is not dead! She's still alive!” Ashitaka ran up to them with delight on his face.
“Ashitaka…San died, she was shot remember.” Sasuke reassured him.
“But, I remember; it all makes sense now. San was given Sakura's powers in Irontown, which makes her an immortal right, and they can't die…”
“…can't die with a single blow.” Motoko finished his sentence. “He's right! San was shot through the head; not the heart. Do you know what this means? We can bring San back!”
“But Motoko, even though we bring her back, Sakura has hold of her body.” Sasuke spoke back.
“But Sasuke…” Ashitaka intervened. “…San will fighter for control over it; she's not the type who gives up so easily.”
“Ashitaka Keirtoro has her hostage, and with his immense powers, San won't stand a chance.”
“That's when we come in.” Sasuke stuttered for a moment.
“Let him speak.” Motoko silenced Sasuke.
“Keirtoro would still try to wake San's body up, right now at this very moment. San is only quite new to her powers so she would have to adapt with them for a bit which gives us time; time to break into Irontown and stop him once and for all.”
“And what happens if Sakura comes back when we reach there?” Sasuke then walked up to Ashitaka.
“Then we send her back; the same way San had the courage to do it.” Sasuke took a slightly long pause and looked away for a moment with disbelief, and then turned back sharply at Ashitaka.
“What are you doing Ashitaka?” Another long pause echoed the area.
“Listening to my heart.” Ashitaka then looked at Motoko when he said those words, she then smiled back.
“He's right; we should fight back, if so, I'm in.” Motoko stepped up. Sasuke then looked at them both and sighed a little.
“Count me in too.” He added. The three brave warriors then looked at each other.
“Then it begins.”