Princess Tutu Fan Fiction ❯ Ribbon ❯ Step 4- Untangle ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Step 4- Untangle
 
Life isn't all likelihood and misfortune. If you try to be patient; even if it's too long, you'll see what wonder it gives.
 
She enjoyed swimming under the beautiful sun, tanning her golden feathers.
 
The sun smiles a wicked grin; warming and melting the atmosphere. He gives strength to sunflowers blooming and nutrients for the other plants, too. As for some animals, they enjoy sunbathing; sometimes they hate it when it's too hot. She didn't mind, he is her friend.
 
Then, she was running out of breath. She stopped for a break, making time to breathe. It was harder to breathe for her; the sun's suffocating. Maybe he wasn't a trusting friend either. As she had her oxygen back into her body, she saw a lady heading towards her way. She swam faster and hid in one of the mangroves' holes. It was Riana, smiling. There was a strong feeling of her happiness, and she wonder what it is.
 
“ This is the happiest day of my life! Fakir…gave me a rose and ate dinner with him! We even fed with each other's cake! Could this mean…I'm already his girlfriend? Ahh! I'm shy…” Riana's white locks waved in the strong gust of wind, and gushing over what she and Fakir did awhile ago. “It could be sweeter if it's nighttime!” she held her skirt tight, not letting go. Not letting go of her emotions for Fakir. Not letting go of her treasure, her loved ones. Not letting go of her happiness, until she was about to find out that her smiling faces will fade away...
 
The yellow fluff was tucked under the mangrove. She fell, the water surrounding her. Her eyes were wide open, looking at the scenery under the water. It was not that great; weeds, soil and little fishes swim under one long water form. She was crying, for she wanted this to happen to her. She wanted to vanish again, break away and not to see the world if this was about to occur.
 
 
Hey, this scene seems to be familiar with me…
 
The time when she couldn't take off the pendant and wanted to disappear; whether the raven can take charge of the whole town or the prince himself will wreck his cage down. She fell under the lake of despair, and the red pendant shining brightly under the blue water. Uzura was there; and told Fakir that she was under the lake. He rescued her; and they did their underwater dance, giving her hope and courage not to give up. The pendant took off, and they were already on their way to give back the last piece that was missing and defeated the monstrous creature. They succeeded, but she didn't get to be paired up with someone whom she loved the first. Instead, Rue got him---but Rue's changed. She was more a gentlewoman and princess-in-training. She and Fakir ended up, hiding what they feel inside.
 
Will that ever happen again? Will I have somebody to have in my arms with?
 
She hugged herself, wiping the tears of sadness. She wanted somebody to love and the one who'll love her back. Who else can that be if the scrap of Drosselmeyer's story is coming back to life?
 
So…you're drowning yourself here at the deep waters? Don't you have something to do more than that?
 
She wiped her last tear. He heard Drosselmeyer's voice. That means…he was away and came back with the scraps he gave breath to!
 
What are you doing here? Why do you have to mess up with things again? She was furiously mad, concealing it.
 
Oh come on! If you want to stop the story, then do it on your own! I don't mind…if you know how to stop it, good for you! But the scraps are getting boring and I'm soon be leaving again! But… I'll make some things interesting once I get back to you again! Hahahahahaha!
 
She tried to get the idea of how to stop the story; but how can she, if she doesn't get up?
 
“QUAAAAAAAAAA!”
 
 
She raced to the top of the lake, searching for the answer. She looked everywhere---but there wasn't anything at all! Is it a material thing or what? Or…some truth about— she paused, thinking that was the answer.
 
It was indeed! For her, she swam back to where they are. She took a rest, lying on the cold water. “Quack quack…(Haraheta…)” Her stomach growled; and didn't managed to move her body, just lying down. At least the wind was strong and blew her gently away from where she is.
 
Humming the bird's song, there was something that caught her eye a few meters away from the dock. There was a red ribbon hanging over a bush. She moved; and climbed up the ground. It was the ribbon she saw a few days ago, and that one that gave her a cloud nine sensation. She got it, and tried to untangle the knots it formed with the lonely shrub. It was so tight, and took her minutes to untie it. She got tired once more, and dipped her face into the water, leaving the band for a moment.
Going back to where it is, she touched it, with evocative feelings coming back to her. Smooth and silky, she jumped back to the lake with it, and thinking of how to wear it.
 
I used to tie ribbons of my foot because of pointe shoes, but I'll wear it on my head this time, to look cuter. She tied it on her bald head, but it was too slippery. Nah! I'd rather tie it on my neck! She tied it; contented. It looked pretty but it almost killed her neck. She tried to undo it, but it was too much. She pouted and went. Once she was there, she hid once more.
 
She saw there Riana, back at the dock with him. It was midday, and the sun's turning orange. Fakir lowered his head, saying something. Riana was blushing and looking down, too. Their heads meet with each other; almost kissing. She squeaked, toning her voice down. Then, slowly, Fakir gently raised her chin up, touched her lips and bent down. Riana closed her eyes, imagining what kisses would taste like.
 
She couldn't take it no more, as she jumped out of her hiding place and tried to stop it. “QUAAAAAACK!” she quacked, but she got tripped on a rock and fell down on the lake.
 
There was a blinding light, the whole lake glowed an eerie light. Suddenly, it became nighttime, as fireflies danced to the chirps of the crickets and it became more romantic. She rose up gently, stretching gracefully. After that, she noticed her hands. They weren't wings anymore! They were a pair of a girl's hands, tender and smooth. She looked down, and there it is! There were legs and feet!
 
“What on earth?” she spoke human words, and gasped for breath. Then, under the tree, there came the Nature Enfant, twirling a ribbon. She went near her, but she signaled her not to. She came to her, with a full-size mirror at her right hand. “Time goes so quickly, and she is back to the one he loves.” There she is, seeing her reflection. Long red hair tied into a braid, wearing the school uniform and without a pendant. She leaped for joy, tears coming out of her blue orbs. Suddenly, the Nature Enfant became ghostly with her form. She was like fading away with the blustery weather, but smiling. “Adieu.” She gave her salute sign, and vanished. “OI! MATTE!” she called, but there's nothing she could she now. Everything's back to normal, but she fainted.