Princess Tutu Fan Fiction ❯ Ribbon ❯ Step 5- Straighten ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Step 5- Straighten
 
She woke up, her eyes still drooping. She found herself under the big mulberry tree, awake. She stood up, looked at her hands. They were the hands of a girl, and it was true. She really turned into a girl once more. A dream she's longing for…
 
She ran back to the cottage where Charon and Fakir stay at; the antique shop. She stopped on her tracks, seeing Fakir going her way. He was shocked, finding her in her human form.
 
“Ahiru…” he murmured, with great shock and amazement.
 
And Ahiru was her name, that means `duck'.
 
Ahiru stammered, looking at his deep emerald green eyes. He, too, longed for her to come back as a girl, but sometimes had enough with her even if she's just a little duck. She ran to him in tears, hugging him. He received it, and replying to her request. “Oh Fakir! I thought you were going to be with her! I was so afraid I'll lose you! Zettai! I never wanted to…” she sniffed, once more gazing on his eyes. He kissed her forehead, saying “What are you talking about? Who's that girl? I'll only have one girl, and that would be you, Ahiru.”
 
She took a step backward, and he released her.
 
“Ahiru…” he started softly. “It's been a long time now since we've ever met, and I keep on scolding and scolding you…Since that day we've collaborated on a journey, you made me smile…I've learned that sometimes some stupid people do have a big heart…” Ahiru pouted at him, and he slightly giggled. He continued, “Ahiru, I was to one to know all of your secrets and your true identity, which is really a duck. You've taught me how to care for somebody and help them. And you were one of them. It's all thanks to you, for you, I'm never turned into the knight who writes his own happy ending…but now…” he was turning tomato. There was complete silence, except for the breeze blowing. “Ahiru…” he went near her, and she stayed still. “ I love you.” He gently pulled her to his slender arms, and kissed her. Those words she heard made her heart thump faster; and the kiss relaxed the tension. It was sweet, according to the both of them. They never did it, but this time, what they felt for each other will be revealed.
 
After the kiss, Ahiru spoke up. “A…a…hm…Fakir, I…I…want to tell you something, too.” “What is it?” Fakir already knows what it is—his wise mind told him that it was her confession of love to him. “Even if scolding me every time won't help; for I want to help a heartless person. Even if stupid people do have a big heart to help everybody out, there will be negative space for someone whom I trusted and became my companion for such a short moment of time. I wish that moment can last forever…” she kicked a pebble, beating the red rush.
 
“NO! Yamete!” he warned her, worrying if she'll disappear in a quick flash if she tells her love to him. He went near her, bewaring her. “ Why don't you let me finish? Let me tell you all, even if…you do know already.” She carefully pressed her fingers to his lips, her eyes with sober meaning. He blushed, and let her finish. “ I love you, Fakir. I really do love you. It doesn't matter if I disappear if you just let me tell you what I really feel for you!” she was crying out her love, and he understands the guts and pain to tell it. They hugged each other, but nothing happened. “I love you, I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU!!!” she screamed her declaration with more confidence. Still, nothing happened. “Quack quack quack!” she said, trying if she'll disappear or turn into a duck. Nothing really happened. She didn't turn into a duck anymore! “Is this…what you really want?” she asked him. “For moi, this is just fine. I have no problem seeing you...Er...uhm…na…ked.” he stuttered, going into the red zone. She laughed; and almost fell down. He swooped her, and they stared at each other. Nah…they laughed at each other's goofy actions.
 
Then, she asked once more. “Anyways, what are you doing on your way to the lake?”
 
“I came to here to find you again; you've become lost for at least a day or two.”
 
She blushed, realizing her mistake, but found out her secret to make the story stop. A long strand of ribbon that got wet on the water made her turn back. The ribbon flew by itself, not landing on the water. It was waiting for somebody who needs her; and she got her.
 
“Oh. Don't you remember that girl named Riana?”
“Who the heck is she?”
“Oh, you don't know? She likes you, and I found out you liked each other. She invited you to a picnic, don't you really keep in mind? “
“No, not at all. I spent my days at the cottage, writing. And what the heck are you talking about, huh?”
“Ooh…never mind.” She trotted on her heels, and smiled.
 
The sun went away, and the moon arises up from the skies. “Tell me…is that a story?” Fakir asked. “Ok, sure. What happened a few weeks ago is really the scraps of Drosselmeyer's story. I found it out that it was only just the beginning through one of the characters of the story who appeared to me.” She replied, crossing her fingers from behind. And then she told him the whole story, and seems that it made the people involved forget about it. They forgot what happened.
 
“The strange thing is…I can't hear a conversation between 2 persons or more, including me. Also, Rue and a heartless Mytho showed up to me. I don't know why… but this is weird.” They headed back to the antique shop, seeing a surprised Charon. “Ahiru, my dear! You've turn back into a girl! Good gracious!” he hugged the thin girl, and smirked at him. “Hehe…nice to be back.” She twirled around, and bowed down. Speaking of twirls and bows, she bear in mind her ballet lessons. She missed everyone at the academy—Pique, Lillie, Neko-sensei and others. She went upstairs and got inside Fakir's room. She missed the musky scent of his, and he sat beside her. It had been a long time since they sat like this…
 
At 10:00 in the evening; it was time for them to go to bed. “Fakir, you sleep in the bed! Anyways, I can sleep at the floor and I'm used to it!” “NO! You sleep there, while I sleep down!” The two argued where to sleep this time. Another love-hate drama…
 
“FINE! You sleep there!” Ahiru stopped her tears from falling; but this time, he can't tell she's hurt.
Fakir got his pillow and slammed the door. Ahiru was silent; and weeping. She was hurt; but she's already used to it.
 
Fakir felt so stupid all over. He knew he hurt her feelings since he got down. He banged his head on the wall, saying “I'm such a baka! Baka, baka, baka, baka!” Then, he settled down.
 
Later, a few hours later, she went down with her pillow and got down with him. She saw his face---like a seraph. “Move…” she whispered, and ordered as she commanded. She lied down with him, for she can't sleep without his hug or his unbelievably magic touch.
He opened his eyes, staring at the blank ceiling. As he looked to his left, there was Ahiru with him! He turned nuts, but calmed down. He kissed her; and slowly she stirred. She opened her eyes and saw him, with his hair undone. “Morning, Fakir.” She mumbled, sitting down. “Good morning, too.” He fixed himself and got down to the floor and changed clothes.
It was a Sunday morning, and there was no school. Both of them ate breakfast. “There are no birds or bugs served in this dish.” He joked, and she glared at him. “Those glares don't scare me, just eat, stupid.” He held out the plate to an almost bursting Ahiru.
 
After eating and a short break, they went to the dock, with his writing materials, to finish the happy ending of his story. Afterwards, she was getting bored. “Drosselmeyer was sneaking up on us…” she mumbled, talking to herself. Fakir heard what she said, and clutched the pen tighter. “Relax…he's gone now.” She stood up, looking behind his back. “Uhm…Fakir? May I ask you a favor?” she asked, clicking her heels on the floorboard. “Nani kore?” he dipped his quill in ink, as she stopped making squeaky noises on the floor. “Can I have a pas de deux with you?” she said softly, like the wind can only hear it. His ears are like of a fox, swift and can gather quick information. “Sure.” He replied in the same manner. There was silence, yes, s-i-l-e-n-c-e. He lay his quill down with his paper, rising up from his position. He faced her, smiling. A smile his admirers will really love to see. She vacillated; went to him as they started with a pose. They danced…glide, leap, jètè...the list goes on.
 
Until, as they nearly finish with a high kick, both of them fell at the lake. Fakir popped his head out, finding her. He found her behind him, with arms clinging on his shoulders. “It's asinine, but it's delightful.” Fakir commented about their dance. It was serious, then it became hilarious! What a dance it is for lovers who are starting out as a young couple! Never mind it…They enjoyed each other's company, all smiles and rarely frowns. Thus was a happy ending for them…and for all of them.
THE END