Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers) Fan Fiction ❯ Nabiki 1/2 (A Very Scary Thought) ❯ Vampire Goddess... ( Chapter 136 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Nabiki 1/2

(A Very Scary Thought)

Written by Jim Robert Bader

Proofread by Shiva Barnwell

Based Upon the Altered Destinies Storyline

Inspired by the works of such fans as

Wade Tritshler

Richard Lawson

James Jones

And Many Others

Standard Disclaimer: This is inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and is not my original creation. All characters belong to her. This is only a fanfictional work, and is not intended to compromise the rights of the original owners, distributors and publishers of the Ranma series. I have no money to spare and would very much appreciate if no one tries to sue me.

"Well, what now?" Lenore asked of her fellow survivors, "We just beat off a potential holocaust, fended off an invading army of some of the nastiest types of demons in all creation, and we managed to keep our heads in the process…so, what do we do for an encore?"

"I know," Chloe perked up, "Let's go to Disneyland! I've always wanted to try out the Tokyo version and…what?"

"Somehow I do not believe that was what Lenore-san was intending by her comment, Chloe-san," Kiima softly explained, surveying the scene of recent battle with her usual impassive expression, and taking notice of the way that Doctor Tofu was busy tending to the surviving humans in their midst, "Lives were lost here this day…human lives, and who better than I can appreciate what that means to both the victims and their loved ones?"

"So many people died," Vampire Princess Yui shook her head sadly, "All those policemen, those innocent bystanders, everyone who was near enough to fall prey to those…Rakshasa…"

"Don't misunderstand me, Yui-chan," Nagi murmured, "But it could have been worse…much, much worse, if we had not been here to put a stop to their rampages."

"What you say is true enough, Shi warrior," Leguire agreed, nodding sagely towards the still-living pair of Natsumi and Miyuki, who were huddling together under a shared blanket, "We did indeed save many at the cost of a few dozen, but I am sure that this is small consolation for those whom they leave behind, who will miss them and wonder at what cause they gave their lives…since they can never know the truth behind the events of this evening."

"Why Jean," Yasmina remarked, "If I didn't know any better I would almost think that sounded like sympathy for the poor, pathetic humans whom you normally disparage as weak and inferior beings."

"Do you think me so lacking in poetry, woman, that I could fail to identify with the innocent lives spent here fighting the Rakshasa?" Leguire quietly retorted, "We may prey upon humans as our food, but only a being as soulless as a Rakshasa could be unmoved by such tragedy. I will honor the dead in my own way, and mourn the useless spilling of blood to feed the rapacious appetites of beings a hundred times more vicious than even the most feral of vampires."

Natsumi studied the profile of the European Loire vampire and murmured softly to her partner, "Y'know, I can't figure that guy out. I don't know whether to like him or to hate him…"

"Yes," Miyuki agreed, "He does seem to relish flouting easy definitions."

Doctor Tofu paused in the act of tending to one of his patients and glanced at the two off-duty officers before saying, "Appearances do tend to deceive, Officers…you can never judge someone by what label he uses, only by his deeds, which is what really defines a man from a monster."

The pair silently reflected on this bit of wisdom while Tofu resumed tending to his many patients, but try as they might they could not work their minds entirely around the fact that they owed their lives to a vampire who all but admitted that he viewed them as "tasty treats" to be sampled at leisure, and only the word of Queen Ling-Ko was preventing him from indulging in his fabled blood thirst….

"But how can we be certain that the attack is ended?" Miyu asked of Queen Ling-Ko, "For all we know they could be building up their strength and preparing another wave of invaders, this time much larger than the last two…"

"I will concede the possibility," Ling-Ko replied, "But I have no sense of impending danger, no feelings of ennui that would normally attend a Rakshasa invasion. I feel somehow as if they have been stopped at their source by our missing allies, in which case we owe as much of a favor to the humans as to our fellow Darkstalkers."

"Um…cousin?" Tsien-Ko dubiously noted, "Are you really sure those guys were able to fend off the main strength of a Rakshasa invasion?"

"It does rather defy the odds and reason," Mei-Ling softly mused, "But the proof of their success is in the absence of enemies that we seem to be enjoying at the moment, for which-I do not mind admitting to you all-I find myself enormously grateful."

"I told you that you could trust my son and his wife to do what was necessary," Nodoka said with a serene smile of confidence and contentment.

"That you did," Ling-Ko agreed, "And sorry for me ever having doubted you. He is quite the remarkable young man, your son…and very…talented with the ladies."

"Ranma is very manly," Nodoka agreed, "As he needs to be to keep all the ladies in his life content and well satisfied, both his four wives and his many other elemental aspects."

"Say what?" Tsien-Ko reacted, "You mean that kid has to keep four wives and a couple of elemental servants happy? What has he got, a ten inch dick or something?"

"Tsien-Ko," Mei-Ling sharply chided.

"I confess that I'm more than a little curious about that myself," the towering figure known simply as Eve remarked, "A boy that talented must have an angle that works in his favor. Take my first husband for example…please…"

"So many lives lost," Natsumi murmured to her partner, "I saw colleagues die a horrible death tonight…and it's going to take a while to wash the memory of that away."

"At least we managed to avenge their deaths," Miyuki said by way of consolation, "Not one of those monstrosities made it past us into the city…or at least I hope that's the case. It's going to be hard enough explaining these events to our superiors without having to convince them to put an all-points out for a shapeshifting demon that feeds on human flesh and souls. Assuming they don't institutionalize the both of us…"

"That's assuming they won't go ballistic when they hear we were involved with this in the first place," Natsumi duly noted.

"I would not worry too much over that issue if I were you, Officers," Leguire remarked in a casual side-note in their direction.

"Huh?" Natsumi turned to the vampire, "What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, nothing much," Leguire turned back to Yasmina, "But you'll see as soon as the Enforcers return. They always make certain that incidents such as these do not come to trouble our friends and allies, even ones of necessity and convenience."

"I'm not too sure I like the sound of that," Miyuki noted, "Exactly what do you mean by 'make certain?'"

"That all depends on the nature of the situation," Yasmina replied, "And what steps are needed to insure that the affair is contained and does not suggest to mortals the existence of vampires. Better we remain nothing more than a myth and legend as far as it concerns most humans, but the moment that the word got around that we are real…"

"I follow you," Miyuki noted grimly, "In other words they silence witnesses and remove evidence that suggests the unusual and extraordinary…but how exactly do they intend to deal with them…the survivors?" she asked as she nodded towards the huddled mass of surviving police officers.

"Oh, nothing so draconian as what you are suspecting," Leguire mused, "These days we tend to avoid unnecessary bloodshed, so alternative methods have been developed, far short of killing witnesses, that are quite effective in suppressing unfortunate knowledge in people whose lives would be much less complicated without it."

"Less complicated?" Natsumi repeated, then blinked, "Hey…you mean…you can hypnotize them to forget stuff like this ever happened?"

"Hypnotized?" Miyuki glanced at her partner.

"Sure," Natsumi explained, "Haven't you ever heard the stories about how vampires are supposed to be able to hypnotize people with a glance? It's all part of the legend…"

"Actually," Julian remarked as he glanced up from where he had been sitting and polishing his butterfly swords, "Many varieties of vampires do have that ability, though it's not common to all the tribes, and it's more like a gift for fascination than traditional hypnotism."

"I'll bite," Natsumi asked, "What's fascinating?"

"Fascination," Leguire explained, "As you described it just now…you capture a person by making eye contract and holding their attention for the few seconds that are needed to establish a psychic link. Once parity is achieved between human and vampire it becomes childsplay to telepathically suggest ideas and impressions through projection. It is far from total and absolute control, and it only works if the human is suggestible and lacks a strong resistance factor, but some breeds have the ability to overwhelm even a strong mind and will, and many Enforcers most certainly possess this trait…while those Arcadians unquestionably do, so they will be able to sooth memories and ease thoughts so that your colleagues will believe that their experience was of ordinary means…a terrorist or gang attack, whatever seems acceptable and plausible, while anything beyond that will be dismissed as mere nightmare."

"I'm not entirely sure that I like the thought of having minds tampered with like that," Miyuki noted, "But…I suppose, as you say…it is preferable to more extreme methods, such as killing."

"Hey, you're not thinking about doing that to us, are you?" Natsumi asked.

"Only if you wish it done to your own memories," Yasmina assured them, "But if you agree to keep to yourselves the things that you have seen and done tonight…if you think that you can abide with knowing our great secret…then perhaps you may remain unaffected. Or would you prefer to have your ignorance restored to you? We will understand if you would prefer not to face the memories of the nightmares and would rather go back to your previous existence…"

"What, and forget about all this?" Natsumi sniffed, "Not likely."

"But wouldn't you be happier without the memories of this evening?" Leguire asked, "To witness such horrors, to know that there are things that go bump in the night, that great powers walk the earth and beyond, that mortals are not the only ones to share this planet?"

"And what about those deaths that you witnessed?" Julian added, "The deaths of many a colleague, who experienced a horror that you were spared only by a fraction?"

"And what of the hole in our minds that would be created if you take away those memories, as horrible as they might be?" Miyuki inquired, taking Natsumi by the hand, "Or the feelings that have been deepened between Natsumi-chan and me because of those events? Yes, it may be a lot to bear, and a great responsibility keeping your secret to ourselves, and yes, if we told anyone we'd be thrown off the force and no doubt wind up in padded cells together with lots of doctors poking us and asking a lot of questions. But given all of that, it's better for us to know than to be ignorant, especially if any of those…things got by us and made their way into the city."

There was a slight pause before Yasmina turned to her colleagues and said, "She has a point…"

"Question is whether the Enforcers will accept this reasoning," Leguire noted.

"Leave the Enforcers to me," Julian urged, "They may be fiercesome killing machines in vampiric flesh, but I happen to be a lawyer, which is far more intimidating…"

"Quite a night, eh Tendo-kun?" Genma was asking from where the two fathers were sitting together on a memorial tomb.

"You can say that again, Saotome," Soun agreed, "Vampires, demons, werewolves, and somehow my little girl is caught up in the midst of it all. I wish I knew what became of my dear Kasumi…she was always such a good and obedient child, so mild-mannered and dutiful…the thought of anything bad happening to her…" he shuddered in aversion to a thought clearly too horrendous to be contemplated.

"There, there, Tendo," Genma patted his best friend on the shoulder, "You shouldn't fear the worst without knowing all the facts, and besides, she has Ranma and Nabiki to look after her, and you know what a team they make. I doubt anything under earth or heaven could get past them to hurt Kasumi."

"I pray that you are right, old friend," Soun sighed, "But the silence…the waiting…it is all so much, I…"

"They'll come through, old friend, you'll see," Genma tried to reassure him, "They've never failed at anything in the past, and my boy isn't about to fail now, you'll see, and as for Nabiki…I pity the fool or vampire who thinks he can take her for an easy mark."

"I know that you are trying, Saotome," Soun sighed, "But…"

"Did I hear someone mention us by name?"

"Nabiki?" Soun stood up and whirled about in time to see the dimensional gate closing behind the last of the new arrivals, then his eyes went towards the woman who stood at the head of this group and he cried out, "Kasumi!"

"Hello Father," Kasumi gently smiled at him, "We've returned home and the crisis is ended. The Rakshasa have withdrawn and everyone has made it back safe and soundly."

"Not everybody," the blonde BB Hood said sadly, "Queen Bee…didn't make it."

"That is too bad," Atros said, "I did rather like her."

"Of course it could have been us that those Rakshasa creeps offed," Lilith said off-handedly, "If some of us hadn't proven tougher than…HEY! What gives?"

All at once Morgan grasped her younger counterpart in a firm headlock and bore her down to her knees, holding her there by means of her superior strength, size and leverage.

"Leggo!" Lilith gasped, "You're…hurting me…!"

"Morgan?" Dimitri asked in surprise.

"She's flipped her lid or something?" Raptor said with unblinking confusion.

"You think she was all that stable to begin with?" Darkwulf added at the level of a stage whisper.

"What means this, Anslat?" D demanded as he started to reach for his own long blade.

"Back off the lot of you!" the succubus queen snapped as she held a tight rein on the struggling Lilith, "One move and I'll break her in half! This is just between me and me clone here!"

"Vas?" asked the towering blond giant known as Gunther.

"Clone?" Ranma asked, his puzzlement reflected in the expressions of many another present.

"What do you mean Clone?" Nabiki asked, "She hardly looks that much like you."

"Don't hurt her!" Atros urged abruptly.

"Yeah, let her go now or else!" BB Hood demanded, pointing her pistols at Morgan, only to see them dissolve in her hands as they reverted back to their constituent Akashic matter, along with the articles of clothing conjured up by the others, to which the blonde said, "Oops…"

"You can't maintain the illusion here in the real world, Luvs," Morgan sneered as she held on to the struggling Lilith, "And in another minute it will hardly matter…after I absorb her power back where it belongs, inside of me, after which I'll be as powerful as you, Missy," she hissed in Kasumi's direction.

"What gives?" Keiko asked, "Has she flipped?"

"Naw," Talbain said gruffly "Lilith is supposed to be a magical construct that her father, Lord Beliol, created to bleed away a portion of Morgan's powers. She gained independent life and intelligence after a number of years away from Morgan, but now she obviously wants her powers back and plans on absorbing the kid to combine both aspects of her power."

"Which supposedly would make her tough enough even to take on her own man unaided," Frank added at the level of a stage whisper.

"Gotten himmel," Gunther softly murmured.

"How horrible," Natsume averred, "How can she do something so heartless?"

"We've got to save her!" Kurumi declared, "We just can't let this happen!"

"Granted," Mousse replied, "Only…what do you suggest we do?"

"If we rush the witch she might do harm to the other," Tatewaki averred softly.

"But…if we do not act…" Gunther started to say, only to be stilled by a nod from his redoubtable "Uncle."

"I know, Neph," Frank growled, "But the kid has a point…she could snap Lil's neck in a second if we push our luck here."

"Morgan," Dimitri said, "I understand. Do what you must, but be quick about it or these fools may attempt to stop you."

"Oh, don't worry on that score, Lover," Morgan assured them as Lilith's efforts at freeing herself began to grow more feeble, "In another few moments I'll have back what was taken from me, and then…beware me wrath!"

"What was taken from you?" D asked, "Are you truly so blind and naïve, woman?"

"Eh?" Morgan glared at the cowled Vampyr, "And what mean you by that, Son of the Impaler?"

"Only that I had taken you as one far more intelligent and less gullible than you seem to be," D replied, "You are thousands of years old, yet you think this child to be your clone twin?"

"Yes, you are right, D-san," Kasumi nodded, "I sensed from the beginning that there was a kinship…but not that of a sister or a double. This Lilith is…different enough from Morgan-san that I find it hard to imagine that they are two forms of the same person."

"How very perceptive of you, Tendo-san," Donovan affirmed, "Lord Beliol is as treacherous as he is cunning and deceitful, and who better should know of his many lies than one who was raised by him and now loathes and detests her own father?"

"What are you babbling about?" Dimitri demanded, "Are you attempting to confuse the issue?"

"No, Dimitri-san," Kasumi said as she regarded Morgan sincerely, "But all here is not as it appears to be, and if what I sense is right, then you should reconsider what you are doing, Morgan-san, unless you seek to harm your own daughter."

There was a brief pause, then everyone turned to regard Kasumi with frank amazement, all save for Donovan and the impassive D, who continued to regard the Succubus queen with hard-eyed fascination.

"My…what?" Morgan allowed shock to be displayed upon her features.

"Hey, I get it now," Nabiki said with a frown, "Her old man told her that this Lilith character is just a clone created by magic, right? A way of siphoning off her powers to leave her strength diminished in order to better control her?"

"That's what we've been told all along," Frank scowled, "But the only confirmation of that…"

"Is Lord Beliol himself," Talbain stammered, "Holy mother of matricide…"

"Indeed," D agreed, "What better way of controlling the daughter than by setting her against her own child to insure her compliance with the will of Beliol in such matters? A convenient lie to hide the truth about an illicit affair and a child born out of wedlock."

"A child whose existence was a source of deep embarrassment to her own grandfather," Donovan affirmed, "As was Morgan's affair with the father, a noble warrior whose name was Cuculain, now dead many a long century, as even Morgan herself has forgotten."

"N-No…" Morgan suddenly let go of Lilith, who collapsed to the ground and remained as still as a stringless puppet.

"Lil!" BB cried as she and Atros rushed to the side of their fallen comrade.

"Is bat-girl going to be all right?" Gunther asked, looking dumbfounded and helpless.

"That's the ten thousand pound question, Gunth," Talbain replied as he regarded the blue haired girl whom BB and Atros were seeking to comfort.

"You mean…she's been trying to absorb the life energies of her own daughter?" Ranma asked, clearly appalled and disgusted at this realization.

"Makes a horrible kind of sense if you figure out the ways of demons," Talbain answered, "Morgan has an affair with a mortal, gets with child by him, which pisses off her old man to no end since their kid could wind up even more powerful than her mother with just a bit of training, so he cooks up a scheme to set mother and daughter against one another, insuring that they can never unite against him."

"Gotta hand it to Beliol," Darkwulf remarked, "When it comes to playing his enemies off each other, he's a bonafied master.

"Oy…now that's low, Mate, even by me standards," Raptor grumbled.

"How horrible," Kasumi said softly, "To make Morgan-san grow to hate her own daughter…"

"I…did not know of this," Dimitri said, "I always thought it an odd story, but Morgan truly seemed to believe it…"

"We all bought into the same lie," Frank said with disgust, "And Lilith's paid the price for it. What a waste."

"Not necessarily," Donovan informed them.

"Lilith lives," D seconded, "Her life force is weak, but she is not yet at Death's threshold."

"What…what have I done?" Morgan softly whispered, staring at the limp, nude child being clutched in the arms of BB and Atros, "My baby…I almost killed my own baby…!"

"A nice guy that Beliol," Julian remarked as he came up to join them, "Almost reminds me of my cousin Constantius, a real prize if you know anything about us Caesars."

"Indeed," Leguire agreed, "To play a child against its mother is the traditional tactic of tyrants and madmen."

"Not that we don't have examples of our own to site, eh Jean?" Yasmina noted.

"Far too many that I could think of would even fault lord Beliol as a rank amateur," Ling-Ko observed as she surveyed the conquering heroes, "You all are to be congratulated for your victory…and you, Sister…I should very much look forward to greeting you into our ranks as a promising young member of vampire royalty."

"Thank you…I think," Kasumi dubiously noted, only to turn to the side and say, "Dimitri-san?"

"Stand back!" the renegade vampire declared as he was suddenly at the side of Genma, knocking Soun sprawling in the dirt as he lifted the heavier man and declared, "And now to seal my own power!"

"Hey, what are you trying to…?" Tsien-Ko declared as she and Mei-Ling looked ready to spring into action.

"Now this getting ridiculous," Gunther said as he scratched the top of his head, "One minute Morgan go off handle and hurt bat-girl, now Dimitri play with stuffed bear?"

"It's quite simple, really," Dimitri declared as he bit down into the neck of the elder Saotome, causing Genma to stiffen in shock as his blood began to be drained into the vampire.

"POP!" Ranma cried as he started to lunge forward, only to encounter Nabiki's arm as his wife blocked his forward movement.

"Husband!" Nodoka cried as she lifted her sword and said, "Unhand him, Fiend, or else…!"

Her attempted lunge encountered mist as Dimitri vanished from the spot, only to reappear some meters distant. Genma collapsed to his knees clutching at his own neck to staunch the blood that was gushing there, though clearly not enough to pose a mortal threat to his continued existence

"And now I have what I desire!" Dimitri declared, "Total knowledge of your school of martial arts, for-as I suspected-your teacher was holding back knowledge and information that would have been to your benefit…but which now belongs to me, along with his power as the great Destroyer!"

"That's right," Nabiki smiled confidently, "You've gained Uncle's power and knowledge all right….and everything that goes with it. Ranma, would you care to do the honors?"

"Huh?" Ranma blinked, only to smile as he said, "Oh…I get it…" and with that he raised his left arm and pointed, and all at once a jet of water sprayed over both Genma and Dimitri, causing a double instant transformation.

"What in the…?" Talbain gasped.

"If figures," Frank smirked.

"Am I seeing things or what, Sis?" Tsien-Ko asked.

"If so, then I'm seeing them with you," Mei-Ling answered.

"M-My lord?" Morgan stammered.

"Bloody 'ell," Raptor remarked as he and Darkwulf gaped at their vampire lord's transformation.

"Two stuffed bears?" Gunther blinked, "Now I really confused…"

Dimitri stared down at his own body in dismay, finding himself covered in white and black fur, his basic dimensions rounded up in a roly-poly manner, then he turned to see an identical looking panda smiling at him while holding up a sign which read, "Surprise, care to suck on some bamboo?" right before said sign hit Dimitri square between the eyebrows.

Soun rose from the ground to the sound of popping his knuckles then grinned, "Well done, Saotome…shall we both do the honors?"

As the transformed renegade went down heavily under the subsequent pounding inflicted by both Soun and a vengeful Genma, a much-amused Frank remarked, "Now that he had coming."

"Oh," Raptor winced, "Now that's gotta hurt."

"Ja," Gunther agreed, "Very."

"Uh…what say we both take five here, mate?" Darkwulf murmured to his undead companion, only to find the both of them transfixed to the spot as Kasumi turned a glance in their direction.

"Going somewhere?" she asked sweetly and gently, yet with an ominous tone of motherly disapproval.

Both Zombie and Werewolf remained rooted to the spot, both gulping as if given a death threat, which indeed would have been preferable to the unwavering regard that Kasumi paid in their direction.

Lenore turned to Ranma and asked, "Your father turns into a panda when wet?"

"Jusenkyo," Nabiki answered with a smirk, giving Genma a nod before adding, "Sometimes you actually come in handy, Old Man."

The panda held up a sign that read, "Of course, Girl, and that's why I'm still your master."

"Yeah, right," Nabiki snorted before scowling and adding, "Now what was that about you holding back techniques that you've yet to teach me?"

The panda went back to examining the sky and whistled an odd tune on lips that were not designed for musical numbers.

"I could almost feel pity for Dimitri," D remarked before adding, "Almost."

"Couldn't happen to a nicer…oh no," Leguire shuddered with a glance towards the skyline, "They are back…"

Before anyone had time enough to ask what the Loire had meant by that a pair of heavy shadows fell from the sky and landed near to Dimitri.

"We are Enforcers," the lead of the pair announced, showing off a face that some remembered from an earlier encounter, "We are here to place Dimitri Maximoff under arrest for gross violations against the authority and will of the High Council."

"Surrender him now or else tell us where he is or you will be charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive from Council justice," the second brawny Enforcer declared with an equally dour and severe expression.

"Aiding and abetting?" Nabiki blinked, "You have got to be joking."

"I do not believe that they know how to tell a joke, let alone to understand one," Yasmina cautioned, "In any event you will find few friends of Dimitri in our midst, and the one you seek is there, sprawled out before you."

It took a moment for the two stony-faced Enforcers to grasp the gist of this, then when they glanced down and saw the recumbent panda their expressions remained unflinching, yet there was the barest trace of incomprehension flickering in their eyes as the lead of the pair said, "Where, under the panda?"

"Not quite," Keiko pointed at the one panda who was still sleeping it off at the feet of Genma panda and said, "You see…he is the panda."

"You guys have been around, right?" Ranma asked, "Ever heard of a place called Jusenkyo?"

"Jusenkyo," the lead of the two vampire cops turned a puzzled look towards Genma-panda, who held up a sign saying, "Don't look at me, I'm the innocent victim here."

"Jusenkyo," the second of the two Enforcers murmured, exchanging looks with his companion, then both stared down and the transformed Dimitri and slowly put it all together, and then something very strange happened…something terrible sounding, like a low rumble rising up from the breasts of the dour faced immortals, almost like the sound of something breaking loose from a seal of ancient vintage. It started out low and started to grow in volume until the hulking brutish men threw back their hands and made the most awful noise that could be imagined this side of a hell pit.

"My god," Leguire shuddered, "They…they are laughing…"

"Sounds like they haven't had much practice at it either," Kurumi cringed.

"You got that right," Lenore informed them, "Legend has it that the last time Mathais laughed was around the fall of Constantinople."

"Mommy, I'm frightened," Talbain murmured in a very low voice, sounding only half-facetious, as though he almost meant it.

"I've heard fiends from the pit who sounded more at ease when they gibber in the night," Morgan averred with distaste evident in her tone and expression.

"Is there something amiss, Officers?" D asked, having allowed this to go on for most of a minute.

Abruptly the two Enforcers ceased their awful laughter, but still dark amusement crinkled about their eyes and lips as the lead of the pair responded, "Forgive us, my Prince…it has been long since either of us has encountered an absurdity so just and fitting…"

"…Yet is difficult to imagine a more deserving fiend to have such a fate befall him," the other Enforcer grimly chuckled.

Genma-panda lifted his sign once again, which read, "So what does that make me?"

"You don't want to know, Old Man," Nabiki cautioned, "So just drop it."

"At any rate," Nodoka smoothly spoke up, nodding towards the hapless Dimitri, "It would appear that, in cursed form, this Dimitri character has lost much of his vampiric constitution, so he should be easy to subdue in this form, in which cause I would urge you, Officers, to take the villain into custody and see that justice is rendered forthwith."

"Oh, be assured that we intend to, Lady Saotome," Mathais remarked as he reached down and drew the fallen panda up by the scruff of his neck, one-handed.

"Judgement will be passed by our Lord and Master when he arrives in due course," the other Enforcer assured them, "Until then…we intend to savor the moment when the mighty and powerful Dimitri Maximoff has been reduced to a bamboo-sucking mammal…it is a fate that he will not long live down…"

"Of that you can be most certain," Mathais assured with a smile that would have put the fear of damnation into the heart of a hell fiend.

"And what about the rest of us?" Morgan asked tensely, "Do ye plan on hauling us all in for our part in Lord Dimitri's actions."

"You are clearly responsible for your part in this scheme that was cooked up between you and the rest of the Dark Pack," D answered, "But as Queen of Makai you are, at least technically, outside of our jurisdiction."

"Besides," Frank added with a nod towards the still-unconscious Lilith, "I kinda think punishment would be redundant compared with what you're gonna have to face at the hands of your own conscience, lady."

Morgan followed his nod and just stared at the one she now knew beyond question to be her daughter and felt her spirits sag at the justice of that accusation.

"The rest of you are not so well favored," Mathais informed them, "Be aware that we will be coming for you in due time, but for now this interloper will be enough to concern us. Fare you well…until later."

And with that the two brawny Enforcers lifted up into the air hauling their captive with them in passing and were soon beyond view, leaving it to Kasumi to remark, "Such a sad looking man. I wonder if he lost someone important to him a long time ago? If so, then he must miss her terribly."

"That's the curse that comes with immortality, Lady Tendo," Julian remarked, "To remember those we leave behind on the road of life and to forever live with the regret of what might have been if we were not so favored to outlive them."

"Er…remind me again why we're still hanging around here, Mate?" Raptor asked of his companion.

"Shhh…" Darkwulf hissed with a nervous glance towards Kasumi, "You want that lady to look at us again?"

The Zombie King shuddered, "No way…that'd be like tickin' off me mum, and ya'd never wanna meet me mum, believe you me…"

"If you ask me," Natsume murmured as she scanned the dark night sky, "I, for one, am glad to see their passing."

"Aye," Tatewaki agreed, "Like the grim shadow of death they lurk ever at the twilight, waiting for the time when someone transgresses against their stern-visaged code of justice."

"Me, I just think they're scary," Natsumi admitted, "Like Internal Affairs goons, the kinds who bust other cops for a living."

"I am with Kasumi on this one, Natsumi-chan," Miyuki remarked, "I find them sad…"

"Aw, they ain't so tough," Frank snorted, "Mathais may be a trained killer, but he's really a kind of teddy bear himself underneath all that stony, macho tough guy image."

"Like a certain someone else we know?" Talbain eyed his colleague with a certain hint of amusement.

"Hey, I ain't faking nothing," Frank growled, "I ain't scare of man or beast or…"

"Just like the Adam I've always known," someone new spoke up, "Boastful and proud of your Hollywood crafted image."

"GAK!" Frank jumped a literal five feet back and almost landed on top of Kasumi, who did not even budge when the big man wound up bumping into her, his eyes wide with dread as he stared at the six-and-a-half foot image of the woman known simply as Eve, who was smiling back at him with the kind of lazy look one might find on the face of a black widow spider.

"Oh-gawd," Talbain winced, "It's her…"

"Is Eve?" Gunther brightened, "Gutten tag, Auntie…is nice again to see you."

"It's nice to see you too, Nephew," Eve said, her eyes never leaving Frank as she added, "Even under the present circumstances and company that you've been keeping."

Keiko could not resist taking advantage of Frank's disconcertment and said, "Thought you said you weren't scare of anything, big guy?"

"Hey, I ain't afraid of man or beast, but she ain't either!" Frank pointed an accusing finger at the skunk-haired, leather clad giantess, "That's my wife!"

"Wife?" Kasumi asked, sounding more than mildly startled at this revelation.

"Ex-wife," the big woman corrected, "And happily so. I see that you're up to your old affairs, Adam…and isn't she a little young by your standards?"

"Huh?" Frank suddenly became aware of the fact that he was standing right next to Kasumi, and abruptly moved a step away, though the other girl seemed only mildly confused by the gesture.

"Look who's talking," Talbain said as he grimaced with his muzzle before adding, "How's it going, Eve? Still into your fetish with wind-up boy toys?"

"Not in the least," the tall woman replied, "These days I am a happily married woman…in fact, I do believe that you have already met my husband?"

"Husband?" Frank scowled, only to stare in dismay as a shadow appeared near the edge of the gathering, at which point he grumbled, "You have got to be kidding…"

"My apologies for the delay, the flight from Transylvania was murder this time of year, and the Airline food…was not up to her usual standards."

"Hah?" Nabiki felt the nerves at the nape of her neck flare to life, even as Natsume gasped and clutched at her abdomen and many of the Darkstalkers present gave out a collective shudder.

"'Olly 'ell," Raptor murmured to Darkwulf, "The big man hisself…"

"We're in for it now, old buddy…" Darkwulf swallowed thickly.

D alone calmly turned about and said, "Hello, Father…I've been wondering when you would get here."

"Indeed," a somber gentleman of indeterminate age, very tall and full-bearded with dark hair and crimson eyes remarked as he strode onto the graveyard scene with black cape flapping about his shoulders, "I understand that there were quite a bit fireworks before my arrival, and the ending was a real show-stopper, but you know how much I detest walking into the middle of a performance. Besides which, my son, you were handling matters quite adequately and hardly needed my interference."

"But you were there just the same in case you were needed, Dear," Eve smiled, "And that's what counts in the end, yes?"

"Indeed, my love," the dark man replied before sweeping his gaze over the assembled ranks of Darkstalkers and their allies, giving a token bow towards Ling-Ko, who regarded him with a full bow of her own, even as Tsien-Ko and Mei-Ling fell to one knee and bowed their heads, as did Leguire, Yasmina, Lenore, Chloe and Talbain. The bearded man gave each of them in turn a sober scrutiny before his eyes fell upon one of those who did not bow to him, who merely looked his way with a curious expression.

"Ah," he said at length, "You must be the young lady of whom I have been hearing so many very interesting stories."

"I…suppose that I am," Kasumi said dubiously before bowing at the waist and saying, "I am Tendo Kasumi…"

"Yes, of course, who else could you be," the dark man then bowed graciously with one arm swept out to the side before saying, "Forgive my rudeness for not introducing myself before. I am…Drakul, called Vlad the Second, whom some have named Tepesh. You may have heard of me, but do not be alarmed, I am not the man that reputation would have you think me to be. I am, indeed, your humble servant, and one greatly honored to be in the presence of such a radiant beauty, my gentle goddess of the evening."

"Dracula?" Kurumi said very faintly, only to feel Mousse's hand gently placed upon her shoulder to lend encouragement while silently offering his protection.

"Er…what did you just call me, sir?" Kasumi asked with a mildly confused expression.

"A moment on that, sweet lady," Drakul straightened up once again then turned and regarded Nabiki, "This is your sister, the redoubtable warrior who defeated Dimitri in battle…and her equally redoubtable husband, Saotome Ranma? Yes…interesting indeed…and the newest of the ancient line of Slayers. Yes indeed, very well met this evening…and I take it that these are your close kin and parents? Yes…a clan of redoubtable warriors…a fitting brood to stand guard about the Chosen One who will one day unite the tribes of our scattered and divided people."

"My lord…please…excuse me?" Julian asked.

"Never mind, Constantine, my good and faithful ally," Drakul replied, "It is enough to know that these affairs have turned out for the best this evening. Indeed, by the accounts conveyed to me, it is plain that you all have done quite well and have rendered a great service to the Vampire Nation. On behalf of the Council and myself I give thanks for your efforts, and offer condolences for any losses that may have been suffered. But at least now-thanks in no small part to your efforts-the threat of my wayward Nephew and his cronies is at an end at last, which leaves only the question of what is to be done with the rest of you miscreants, particularly you, my dear Queen Morgan."

"What do you plan on doing with me…Impaler?" Morgan scowled.

"The most terrible thing that could be done in your case, sweet lady," Drakul replied, "Nothing. You have made your bed, now you must lie down in it, and whether it be a coffin or a tomb is not for me to determine. A King may not pass judgement over a Queen who is not of his dominion, and you must pursue your own path if you wish to regain the throne of Makai from your father, but it is the choices that you have made that will condemn you, either to an eternity of loneliness or to the path of redemption the fates alone will determine."

"Yer as hard as I remember ye to be, Vlad Tepesh," Morgan replied, "Yet your greatest cruelty has always been your justice. I will make my own way…but what do you plan to do with Lord Dimitri?"

"If you wish to know the answer to that, then you will come away with me and I will show you," the bearded Lord of Vampires answered, "In the meantime…there are others here who are more fit for my judgement, beginning with you, Lord of the Zombies and former Minion to Lord Ozumo, who style yourself as Raptor."

"Uh…look, Drac?" Raptor winced, "Er…I mean…your Bloodthirstiness, I…"

Drakul merely waved a hand at the Zombie King and all at once Raptor crumbled into bones and dry dust, astonishing Darkwulf, who gulped in dismay at the dismissal of his closest colleague.

"Rap?" Darkwulf gasped out, turning towards the Vampire King and saying, "You…you killed him!"

"One cannot kill that which is already dead…it would be redundant," Drakul replied, "I merely banished his Immortal essence to another plane more suited to his nature. There he can work off the bad karma of his many sins and find the path of redemption by his own means…but you are a renegade who has betrayed his own pack, a kinslayer and oath breaker. With you I shall not be so lenient."

"What are you…?" Darkwulf started to say when all at once the ground beneath his clawed feet dissolved, and all at once tentacled arms rose up to wrap themselves around his limbs and torso, drawing him down into the pit as it swallowed him whole mere seconds later, the plaintive wine of his howl lingering on seconds beyond his physical passing.

"How horrible," Kasumi averred as those around her gaped in mute astonishment at this terrifying occurrence.

"Not really," Eve replied, "I have it on good authority that she's an old girlfriend of his who wants to get better acquainted."

"Oh…yuck," Lenora winced, "I don't even wanna know the details…"

"Me neither," Chloe agreed as Kiima silently stood in mute agreement.

"So…what about the rest of us?" BB Hood asked as she looked up from the side of Lilith.

"Of you and your so-called 'B-Girls,' I have no interest," Drakul answered, "Go your way and be damned for all I care, just so long as our paths never cross again. You are Talbain's concern from hereon, and into his custody I entrust your keeping."

"Gee, thanks," the werewolf in question grimaced.

"As for the rest of you, go in peace and long life," Drakul said before once again favoring Kasumi with a smile of recognition, "But as for you, young lady, a vision of such loveliness is worthy of the trip that I made just to bask within your radiance. I look forward to watching your career with great interest."

"Why, thank you, Tepesh-san," Kasumi replied with a pleasant smile towards the bearded Lord of Vampires, "It is very kind of you to say that, but I am only one of many who did their part to bring peace back to our humble province."

"I suspect that your contribution was much greater than you allude, Tendo-san," Drakul graciously noted, "But I will not contradict you. Rather one is humbled simply to know that it was you and your clan who have rendered a great service to both humanity and to the nation of the vampires…"

"Just as long as you do your admiring from a reasonable safe distance," Eve noted towards the bearded man with the barest hint of an edge behind her otherwise serene regard of him.

"Er, quite," Drakul noted with a hasty glance towards the woman who towered over him by half a head in stature, and just as abruptly he changed the direction of his regard and said, "Donovan Bane, you have marked her well as one with a destiny, I trust that you will watch over her development as you have your ward, Nephew."

"It goes without needing to be said, Impaler," Donovan replied with neither warmth nor hostility in his impassive tone and features.

"Of course," Drakul replied without taking umbrage, only then he growled out the words, "And Stein…"

The last was pronounced with a certain distaste, even as Frank grunted back, "Yeah, Drac?"

"You also share an interest in our young Miss Tendo's welfare," Drakul said without making it sound like either approval nor disdain, "I trust that you will honor her in good time, and see that no harm comes to her, or I will hold it against you."

"Yeah, like I need you to tell me that," Frank grumbled.

"Indeed," Drakul turned and took the hand of Ling-Ko before kissing it and adding, "It warms my marrow to see you in good health, my dear. Although I lack certain of the details, I am aware that you suffered at the hands of my nephew, for which I do beseech your forgiveness as his actions have brought a great dishonor to my house and nation."

"No offense taken, nor shame to you, dear Count," Ling-Ko replied, "And it was…fortuitous that matters turned out as they did since I was able to find solace to remedy the effects of his deeds against my person."

Without meaning to Tsien-Ko and Mei-Ling glanced elsewhere, the cheeks of one becoming rosy while the blue pallor of the other flushed to an almost blueberry coloration.

"I am gratified to find you in so forgiving a mood, my Queen," Drakul said before giving a nod towards Leguire, Yasmina and Lenore, then turning to give his full attention towards Miyu and her clan mates, "Princess, I must also beg your indulgence for having this transpire while within the domain of Tribes Shi and Shinma. Understand that measures will be taken and punishment will be dealt upon my nephew to atone for his part in these shameful transactions."

"We understand and forgive you, Lord Drakul," Miyu replied, "My niece and I are gratified to see him dealt with by your hand of justice, though…to be honest, it does lack the personal satisfaction of doing the deed myself…"

"Quite," Drakul remarked before at last turning towards the dark-clad man hanging back near the shadows, "My son…"

"Yes, Father?" D asked.

"I can wait another hundred years for your answer…or a thousand, or ten thousand, however long it takes for you to decide on the matter," Drakul replied before saying, "My dear, let us depart. Our presence here can only serve to detract from the accomplishments of the true heroes of the hour."

"Whatever you say, dear," Eve replied before nodding towards D and adding, "And we'll be seeing you around, Dennis."

There was a brief pause before everyone else within earshot chorused as one, "DENNIS???"

D winced, "Mother gave me that name…personally I hate it…"

"But I think it's darling, Step-son," Eve said with an affectionate nod, "And as for you, Adam, I'll be seeing you around…sooner or later. Come along now, Anslat-san."

"And when, precisely, did ye start giving me orders?" Morgan grumbled, yet nonetheless fell in step beside the giantess and her vampire husband.

"Um…excuse me," Keiko spoke up again, addressing herself to the female Monster, "Eve-san? Mind if I ask you something?"

"You just did," Eve replied as she paused in mid-step, "But what can I do for you, Arigami-san?"

Keiko cocked an eyebrow at the mention of her family name but said, "Mind if I ask what you see in that big stiff you married? I mean, sure he's a charmer and all, but…well…given who he is…"

"He makes me laugh," Eve replied with a wink, "But don't be so put out by his legend, only half of the things you hear about him were based on the interpretations of that Irish chap and his take on the Harker journals."

"Only half?" Kurumi asked, but a moment later Eve was beyond the range of asking for a further elaboration.

"What a strange couple they make," Tatewaki remarked, "The Lord of Vampires and the bride of our dear friend, Doctor Steinberg…"

"Quite a guy all right," Ranma sniffed, "Waltzes in here and immediately takes command over everything and everybody…"

"That's royalty for you, kid," Talbain advised, "You don't have to like 'em, just know that we're better off with 'em than without 'em."

"And how do you reason that?" Natsume privately wondered aloud, and of course receiving no answer to her rhetorical statement.

Nabiki turned to Frank with a raised eyebrow and said, "Adam?"

"Don't ask," the big man grumbled, "Our dad came up with that name…personally I hate it as much as D hates being called…"

"Right," D said, "But we all know that my step-mother and you had a star-crossed love affair that was doomed from the beginning, and all because you were made with Alternating Current while she uses the Direct kind."

"Then what do I use?" Gunther asked, scratching his head once more in confusion.

"Low voltage," Talbain replied, leaving the blond giant even more puzzled than ever.

"So," Atros said as she rose to her feet and looked around, "What happens now? I know I missed a lot, being out of it and all that, but what happens to Lil, BB and me now that the other bad boys have been dealt with?"

"In your case, young lady," Frank said, "I'm calling up your father. He's been looking for you for a number of years now, and it's high tide that you two got back together so you can iron out your differences like family ought to."

"Awwww…do I have to?" Atros cringed.

"Hey, give your old man some credit, Shrimp," Talbain urged, "Rikuo may have a hard shell but he's true blue around the gills and he's so worried sick about you that he hardly ever checks in back home to see how the rest of you squids are doing."

"Lilith will have special needs that will be attended to, that I promise," Ling-Ko added, "Her strength will return, but it is doubtful that she will be too forgiving around her own mother once the truth of their relationship has fully sunk in."

"In which case, Cousin," Mei-Ling added, "She will be in need of a friend or two to help cheer her up and get past this troubling revelation. Then there is the issue of her misspent youth and heretofore wasted potential…"

"Sheesh," Tsien-Ko winced, "You sure that's such a good idea, Sis? I mean, if Lilith's been this much trouble operating on raw talent, imagine what she'd be like if somebody actually took her in hand and trained the little jailbait?"

"One step at a time, ladies," Talbain urged, only to see the sour and downcast expression of the blonde BB, to which he said, "What's up, Red? Why the long muzzle?"

"Ha ha, Wolfie," Hood pouted, glancing down at her own nude body, which shimmered faintly in the moonlight, "I just can't get over the fact that the big, bad D was here and he never even wanted to take a bite out of me. I mean, can't he see what a delectable morsel I am? Legend makes him out to be this real rake of a hunkster, but does he want to punish me by taking me over his knee, or give me the bite like any other good looking broad? No! I mean…is that an insult or what?"

"Maybe he's not into cradle robbing, Ja?" Gunther suggested, only to double over as Hood planted her elbow into his pelvis.

"More like Fangs is leery of putting the bite into the neck of an Immortal," Frank suggested, "After all, the Quickening that powers your kind is poison to a vampire."

"Immortal?" Nabiki asked, turning a curious look towards the blonde who had been tending to the fallen Succubus that she regarded as a close personal friend, and recalling all too vividly how her mother had drained Keiko to a near-husk, which left one to speculate on the blonde's evident resistance to this life-leaching ability, which she doubted was gender-selective in nature.

"Naw, it's more like your old lady spooked him," Talbain countered, "After all, not many gals Drac hangs out with can rip his lungs out if she ever catches him cheating. But hey, don't be so blue, Red, I'm sure he was thinking about sucking on you the whole time he was here."

"Really?" Hood asked, "You're not just saying that, are you Wolfie?"

"Pack honor," the werewolf made a cross over his heart with a clawed hand, "Heck, if it weren't for the fact that I know how tough to chew you are I'd be tempted to take a nibble. I mean, you look good enough to eat, Red, and I mean that."

The Blonde regarded Talbain curiously then slowly smiled, stretched out one finger and ran it through the furry chest of the werewolf, then said, "You'd better not be saying that just because I don't have any weapons on me at the minute, because if I thought you did…" she made a mock-motion of pulling a trigger on an invisible hand weapon then lifted a finger and blew on it with a meaningful expression.

"Careful, Fur-face," Keiko leaned closer to caution, "Any harder and your equipment'll be showing, and you don't want to throw raw meat like that out in front of us ladies."

"Er…" if Talbain could have blushed right there and then he most certainly would have.

"Just keep hard, and maybe the next time around I'll even let you be on top, Wolfie," BB Hood cooed throatily before turning back to the side of the still unconscious Lilith.

Julian leaned closer to Talbain and said, "Just between us, old fellow, I'd be mindful of my tail around that lamb chop."

"Ja," Gunther straightened out once again, "She has a mean elbow, and I don't think you ought be standing too close when she uses it."

"Neph…" Frank started to say, then growled, "Aw, forget it…"

"Um…you think maybe I'm in for a lot of trouble?" Talbain asked as he regarded the blonde Hood with a wary expression.

"Very," D answered, "She will be gunning for you in the future, there is no doubting that, but I don't believe that she means to leave your hide on her mantelpiece hanging over a raging fireplace."

"No," a disembodied voice at D's side spoke up, "But nailing your furry hide is now definitely at the top of her agenda."

"So," Kasumi began, "Are the troubles of this night really over, and-if so-then can we all return home and resume our lives, like always?"

"Possibly," Lenore remarked, "But things won't be entirely the same for you, Tendo-san. After all, as a novice Queen you will have to get used to your new abilities, and we still need to make peace between the various tribes by letting them know what was really behind all this excitement."

"Leave that to we surviving representatives, young one," Leguire informed her, "Our tribal leaders will accept our word since it will be backed by the King of tribe Jezebel, and even the ruling Council must heed his word on such important matters."

"Peace will be restored for now," Ling-Ko agreed, "But in the future? The vampire nation is much too scattered and disorganized…small wonder the Rakshasa judged the time ripe for a possible takeover."

"Oh?" Donovan said casually, "Then you still do not realize the full truth about lady Tendo and her ascension? My uncle knew the truth just by looking…but then again, he is older and wiser than many another clan leader, having seen more in his time than many."

"Huh?" Nabiki blinked, "What are you talking about? What do mean by Oneechan's… ascension?"

"Only that your sister is now far more than a mere Queen of the Vampires," Donovan replied, "She has tasted from the nectar of the divine cup and has gained the aspect of something far greater."

"Greater?" Tsien-Ko reacted, "What do you mean by that, Donovan?"

"What is greater than a Queen Vampire?" Mei-Ling asked in confusion, only to visibly start as she put it all together, "Oh my…you don't mean…?"

"Mean what?" asked Princess Miyu.

"Uh oh," Himiko murmured at Miyu's side, "Don't look now but I sense yet another dramatic revelation."

"You get that too, eh?" Nagi asked at the level of a side-whisper, earning a curious glance from Yui's direction.

"Of course," Larva broke his own silence to say, turning to regard Kasumi with his mask hiding his expression, "It was right before me all along, but I was too blind to see it…"

"As was I," D remarked, "But now that I see more clearly, it is obvious that Tendo Kasumi is far more than we took her for…"

"Took her for?" Soun gasped, "What do you mean?"

"That is what I would like to know, Father," Natsume seconded, "What has become of our Oneechan, and why do you speak of her as if she…she…"

"Has become a Vampire Goddess?" a small voice asked, causing heads to turn to see the normally silent Anita regarding Kasumi with a level, wary expression.

"A…vampire goddess?" Kasumi blinked, "Oh my…"

"Is goddess?" Gunther scratched his head, "Thought that obvious to begin with."

"To you?" Frank was astonished, only to see Kasumi turn towards him with a troubled and heartfelt expression, the kind that made his mind go "TILT" for several critical instants.

"Of course," Leguire said, "The prophesy…the return of the Goddess! The one who will bring peace to the clans and guide our people to living in full harmony and cooperation with the humans."

"Incredible," Yasmina said in slow realization, "Then…the events of this night…all the troubles and trials that we have gone through…"

"Was but the baptism that was needed to bring about the restoration of a legend," Donovan replied, "Though she is mortal to appearances, within the fair Kasumi lies the spirit of a wise and ancient being who has slept dormant for many incarnations, awaiting the time when events would require her return to full fledged glory. Many have attempted to instigate her rebirth, and Dimitri thought himself to assume the mantle for his own self-glorification, but fate cheated them all by giving us back the one who can restore balance to the forces of light and darkness. It will be many years and trials to come before she is ready to resume her place in the cosmic order, but destiny has well prepared Kasumi to become what is needed to safeguard both human and vampire races in the future. She is a Daywalker who has the power of Heaven and Hell at her disposal, a living dispenser of justice and a healing force who can bring harmony back into the world…but only if she is allowed to grow into this position. The forces of Darkness will quite naturally oppose her, and some who dwell in the light will fear what she represents, and that is why she will need strong protectors to stand firm at her side…defenders such as her adopted sister, the new Slayer."

"Me?" Natsume reacted, "But I…"

"Need lots of training if you're going to be capable of fulfilling your part in defending Kasumi," Doctor Tofu spoke up, "And that's why you'll be training with me, Tendo-san, since I've been appointed as your designated Watcher by the Council."

"Doctor Tofu?" Natsume turned to regard the bespeckled man, "But…"

"I heard everything up to the part about Kasumi needing to be protected," Tofu replied, turning to regard the former object of his previous obsession, "And I can't think of anyone who's more deserving to be a goddess than you, Tendo-san. The future will be in good hands if you can fulfill the prophecy and be the Chosen One of legend."

"Chosen one?" Nabiki said, "We're talking about Kasumi!"

"Yes," Nodoka agreed, "And that means that you need much training and will have a lot of responsibilities to assume, young lady, but with the support of your family and friends I have every confidence that you will prove to be an excellent candidate for goddess."

"Thank you, Auntie," Kasumi replied rather hesitantly, "I think."

"But…but Kasumi…" Soun all but whimpered.

"Hey, you're not losing a daughter, Tendo-san," Genma tried to say via his ever-handy sign, "You're gaining a goddess…and what does it pay?"

Ranma just rolled his eyes then turned to Kasumi and said, "Oneechan…is this what you really want? I don't like the idea of anybody trying to force you into something you don't really want…"

"Thank you, Ranma-kun," Kasumi said quietly, "But…from the sound of it all, it does seem as if I am being offered a very…important job, and how can I refuse if there is a need that I can fulfill?"

"But Oneechan," Nabiki protested, "This…this isn't right…I mean…it's too sudden, this business and all! It's all happening so quickly…YAWP!"

"Hey, take it easy, Nab-chan," Keiko urged as she put her arms around the middle Tendo sister and gave her an affectionate squeeze that diverted Nabiki's attention, "Kasumi's a big girl and can make her own mind up. Besides, nobody's forcing anything here…it's not force or fate, it's what she now IS, and all that goes with it…so why try and fight it?"

"Ah…" Nabiki glanced down at the hands laying firm hold over her bosom and felt a curious excitement cancel out the weak protest that she had been about to utter.

"Keiko-san," Ranma spoke up.

"Yes, Ranma-kun?" Keiko asked without glancing in his direction.

No one saw him move but Ranma's hands were in motion, and suddenly Keiko was on the ground rolling around while clutching at herself and rubbing her nerve endings with enthusiastic fingers. Nabiki glanced down to see her friend huddled up in a shivering mass of pre-orgasmic pleasure, then she felt Ranma's arm firmly go around her waist and heard him say, "Hands off my wife…or if you wanna touch her again, first ask permission."

"D-D-Damn!" Keiko whimpered, "You're good…!"

"And don't you forget that," Ranma said as he firmly escorted Nabiki away, "C'mon guys, let's get some clothes on back home. Somebody's bound to catch a chill if we hang around this creepy place any longer."

"So…since when have you turned into such a caveman?" Nabiki asked her husband.

"Want me to carry your over my shoulder just to prove a point, Nab-chan?" he asked, sounding entirely serious as he said this.

"Er…I'll pass…for now," Nabiki added the last part at the level of a whisper, but nonetheless leaned her head against his shoulder as they took their leave of the field of battle.

The others watched the Saotome pair walking off together, then Ling-Ko turned to Nodoka and said, "Your son is indeed very talented and a credit to your family, but for the sake of all humanity, do see to it that he keeps the secret of his arts to himself in the future, or else…no woman shall ever be safe around him and his forbidden teaching."

"My son knows how to conduct himself in a manly manner," Nodoka assured the Queen of tribe T'siel.

"I know," Ling-Ko replied, turning back to regard the youth and his wife as they vanished into the moonlight, "And that's the real problem…"

"Damn," Tsien-Ko murmured to herself.

"Yes…my thoughts exactly," Mei-Ling agreed in tacit dismay, recalling vividly what they had suffered at the hands of Dimitri and his borrowed Kamasenken techniques.

"You think we oughta ask what that was all about?" Natsumi asked of Miyuki.

"Somehow, Natsumi-chan, I do not think we would find the answer to our liking," her partner softly murmured.

"Friend Ranma is quite the man these days," Tatewaki remarked with a wistful smile turned in his best friend's direction.

"Indeed," Natsume agreed, "And whether that is a good or a bad thing is what's at issue…"

All at once Kurumi spoke up again, speaking the words that caused heads to turn and hearts to sink in dread of the unthinkable, "Hey, anybody see what happened to grandfather Happosai?"

"Eh?" Soun and Genma turned alarmed looks towards the youngest member of their mutual clan, as did Nodoka.

"Oh dear," the Saotome matriarch remarked, "Was he with you in that other realm? Then where could he be now?"

"In trouble most likely," D answered.

"Yeah," Frank sniffed, "Knowing him, the old pervert's probably chasing after some hot looking babe who he hasn't laid a hand on before, and with the way this night's been going the most likely candidate for that is…" all at once he paled and turned his head with a dismayed, "OMIGAWD!"

"What?" Talbain asked, only to blink and say, "You don't think…? Eve would kill him, and Drac would stake him on a telegraph pole and…!"

All at once a loud feminine cry was heard, followed in short order by a very loud smacking noise, and tracing this the sound of a voice crying, "AAAAIIIEEE!" as it reached escape velocity soaring high into the heavens.

"Some things never change," Donovan remarked, only to see the curious look turned his way by a silent Anita, to which he donned his most inscrutable of expressions…

Continued

Comments/Criticism: Shadowmane@msn.com