Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers) Fan Fiction ❯ Nabiki 1/2 (A Very Scary Thought) ❯ My Fiancée, the Cat… ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Nabiki 1/2

(A Very Scary Thought)

Written by Jim Robert Bader

Proofread by Shiva Barnwell

Based Upon the Altered Destinies Storyline

Inspired by the works of such fans as

Wade Tritshler

Richard Lawson

James Jones

And Many Others

Standard Disclaimer: This is inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and is not my original creation. All characters belong to her. This is only a fanfictional work, and is not intended to compromise the rights of the original owners, distributors and publishers of the Ranma series. I have no money to spare and would very much appreciate if no one tries to sue me.

"What the hell?" Ranma gasped as he glanced over his shoulder, "What got into Nabiki-chan? Did that Amazon really scare her that much?"

"I don't know, Ran-chan," Ukyo replied as she stood holding a pair of axes in one hand while in the other she gripped a towel that was struggling against her grip, "She started to freak out when she saw this kitty we found in the showers."

"Kitty?" Keiko blanched, glancing at Shampoo, who stepped forward to take the struggling bundle away from Ukyo and opened it up to reveal an irritated looking cat with pink fur and blue eyes.

Shampoo stared for a moment then said, "Cousin?"

"Say what?" Ukyo double-took.

"Let me guess," Keiko mused, "She chased you into the showers and got hit by cold water."

"Uh, no," Ukyo blinked, "Actually I knocked her into the showers with my spatula," she indicated the baker's peel that she had slung over her shoulder.

"You what?" Keiko and Shampoo said together.

"Huh?" Ukyo blinked, "What's the big deal? She was about to hurt Nab-chan…"

"Oboy," Ranma groaned, "Ucchan, she's an Amazon."

"So?" Ukyo asked, still not grasping the significance of that statement.

"You defeat Cousin," Shampoo replied, "As Nabiki defeat Shampoo."

The cat in Shampoo's arms suddenly rotated its head and looked at Ukyo sharply.

"Huh?" Ukyo blinked again, then said, "Wait a minute…it wasn't a formal challenge…"

"No matter," Shampoo replied, "You ambush Cousin, maybe it accident, but now you obligated. Amazon law say boy who defeat girl becomes Airen, girl who defeats Amazon is mortal enemy, must hunt and kill."

Now Ukyo blanched, finally realizing the true dimensions of her situation, "But…but that's crazy!"

"It's their law, Ucchan," Keiko shrugged, "I told you something about that the other day. Guess it went right in one ear and out the other."

"Along with the stuff about Jusenkyo curses, I guess," Ranma nodded to the feline in question.

The cat had ceased struggling in Shampoo's arms, now it looked up at the Amazon girl with an almost plaintive expression. Shampoo looked back at her sternly and said, "No complain to Shampoo, Cousin, this you mess. Told you no attack Airen, even if Great Grandmother say do it."

"Ah…shouldn't we, like, change her back?" Ranma asked.

"Why bother?" Keiko snorted, "She'll just have to attack Ucchan, then go after Nabiki again because of those stupid rules."

"No stupid rules," Shampoo said proudly, "Shampoo love Airen, she no regret losing. Perfume must decide for self if she want same with Ukyo-san. Still, you right…better leave this way until Shampoo have chance talk to Great Grandmother."

The cat made a plaintive noise and looked at them all with a pained expression.

"I don't think that'd be right," Ranma said, "Leaving her this way…I mean…she's so helpless right now…I don't think I could stand to do that to an enemy."

"Would you to do it to someone who just threatened Nabiki and Ucchan?" Keiko retorted, "Take my word on it, being in a cursed form is no picnic, but it's better than having this maniac cut loose all over the school grounds."

The cat made a sudden frantic motion and burst free from Shampoo's grasp, not to mention the towel. She darted back into the lockers and headed for the showers. The quartet waited patiently for another moment before boys started streaming out from there, crying out that some naked girl was going crazy. One boy paused to look over his shoulder and got rewarded by having a soap bar bounce off his forehead.

Perfume came storming out of the lockers dripping wet and angry. She stopped three paces away and glared at Shampoo as if in betrayal and said, "You do that, Cousin? You no let Perfume suffer!"

"Shampoo no want cousin unhappy," Shampoo replied, "But you must swear no hurt Airen!"

"No can give that promise," Perfume sniffed, "Great Grandmother very angry…"

"Great Grandmother no here," Shampoo replied, "You wait for talk with Great Grandmother, we no have problem." Shampoo paused as she turned to look at Ranma, who was covering his eyes, and she said, "What problem with boy? He bad eyesight?"

"More like a case of the shies," Ukyo grinned at Ranma, then blanched as the still-wet Amazon came to stand before her, looking at Ukyo with a studied expression. Ukyo felt nervous as she said, "Look…about knocking you into the showers…"

"Perfume understand," the Amazon girl said, "You defend childhood friend from attack, is honorable reason. Perfume very clumsy, not sense you coming before challenge." She lowered her head and murmured the words, "Wo ai ni."

"Huh?" Ukyo blinked.

"You I love," Keiko helpfully translated.

"What? But I…" before she could utter further protest she found the Amazon had stepped up to her and put both arms around her waist, tiling her head so that their faces came together and she kissed Ukyo full on the lips, stunning the Japanese girl completely.

"Wo da Airen," Perfume purred melodiously, then stepped away, holding her sopping wet clothes and both axes in one hand as she smiled, "We meet again, after Perfume find Nabiki."

"Cousin!" Shampoo barked harshly, then spoke in her own language, pausing as Perfume shot back a stream of sing-song words in reply, then pivoted on one foot and headed for the nearest exit.

"Huh?" Ranma asked, having lowered both hands in surprise when he heard this exchange, then looked at Ukyo's stupefied expression, "Nani?"

"Oboy," Keiko blinked, "This is turning into some kind nightmare…"

"Why?" Ranma asked, "What's wrong? What did she mean that she loves Ucchan? Doesn't she know that Ukyo's a girl?"

"She know," Shampoo murmured, "Have same choice as Shampoo, make same choice. Great Grandmother be very unhappy."

"Well, that's just too bad, isn't it?" Keiko sniffed, looking at Ukyo's still stunned face and said, "Well, look on the bright side: at least it means she's not going to try and kill you."

"Hah?" Ukyo blanched, "But…"

"You and Nabiki should compare notes," Ranma sniffed, feeling his stomach churn as depression hit him squarely between the shoulders. As if life wasn't complicated enough, now his other iinazuke was also engaged to another woman. This was getting much too weird even by his standards…

Akane had been ready with the hose by the time she heard running feet charging towards the exit, so she turned it on and sprayed the first person she saw, which turned out to be Nabiki!

"Oops!" she winced, "Sorry about that, Oneechan--Oneechan?"

Nabiki barely heard her as he ran off, now thoroughly male and still gripped by terror as he fled from the gymnasium without acknowledging his sister's apology. Akane looked puzzled, then turned off the hose and followed her transformed sibling, thus failing to take note of the naked Chinese girl who exited a few moments later.

"Oneechan?" Akane called out as she hurried to find Nabiki, who vanished around a building as though she had found a hidden doorway. Akane looked to the left and right, then repeated her call of, "Oneechan?"

"Gah!" came a start from just above her head, "H-hai, Akane-chan…up here…"

Akane slowly looked up the side of the wall and found Nabiki clinging there by a third story ledge, "Nani? What are you…?"

"Look down and to the right of you," Nabiki called back, "Do you see it?"

Puzzled, Akane turned her head but did not see anything unusual, just a gray alley cat that had wandered onto the school grounds. In growing confusion she asked, "What am I supposed to be looking for?"

"That!" Nabiki said without turning to look, "That…thing that just crossed your path…"

Akane blinked, "A cat?"

"Bingo," Nabiki replied, "I…kind of have this problem about the filthy beasts…"

"Oh come on!" Akane started, "It's just a…!"

"Don't say it!" Nabiki called down, "Just…make it go away. Shoo it or something…pretty please?"

"It's already gone," Akane said as she looked back to where the cat had been walking, "Mind telling me what this is about?"

"Sure," Nabiki said as he dropped down lightly beside his sister, "It's just another thing I owe Uncle Genma, one more of his novel 'bright ideas' about training called the…N-Neko-ken…"

"Cat fist?" Akane asked, then blinked as she saw Nabiki flinch again, "What's so special about this that it's got you so worked up?"

"It's…a special technique of the Anything Goes School," Nabiki replied, "Supposedly an invincible attack style in which you learn to fight like a…member of the order Felis Domestica."

"All right," Akane said, "I follow that. But why can't you even say the word…?"

"Imagine, if you will, being wrapped in fish sausages and thrown into a pit of the…animals," Nabiki hesitated before continuing, "repeatedly. That's what the training consists of."

"Nani?" Akane blinked.

Nabiki bit his lip and nodded, "The ordeal traumatized me pretty awful. I can't even look at one of the filthy beasts without…getting these…acute vibes…and if I get too frightened I…start to go into a berserker rage. I turn into a cat, Akane-chan…I freak out and behave like an animal until the effect wears off. I'm almost invincible when I'm like that, but I don't have any humanity, and I never remember what I do when it's all over. Last time it came over me I…well, it was two days later, and I'd heard some pretty gory details…"

"Kuso," Akane breathed, "And I thought I had problems…"

"Believe me, sister dear," Nabiki said, "I'd gladly trade with you in a minute. Unfortunately, I've just found out about the cursed form a certain Amazon reverts to whenever she gets wet, and since she's already trying to kill me…"

"Nihao!" a cheerful voice cried out as Nabiki was grabbed from behind by an amorous Shampoo, who glommed his male form and said, "Shampoo so happy you in male form, Airen! Shampoo remember call you Kaneda! Shampoo miss holding darling husband…"

"Shampoo, get off me!" Nabiki pleaded, "It's embarrassing and we're in public!"

"So?" Shampoo asked as she cooed into Nabiki's ear, "You think no want other people to know? Shampoo no ashamed to hold Airen…"

"Ah, there you are," said Keiko as she caught up with them, giving Nabiki a sour look that was half exasperation and half amusement, "Think you can pry yourself loose from Miss Bundle of Joy long enough to get changed back into yourself?"

"Why?" Nabiki asked, still adorned by the arms of Shampoo around his neck, "Who's after me this time?"

"Only about a third of the female population of Nerima," Keiko explained, "Word's gotten out about your Chinese Bride, and some of the guys feel like celebrating or giving you a toast. Add to that the fact that you're also wanted as your real self in connection to a possible bombing of the campus…"

"I get the picture," Nabiki replied, "Time to make myself scarce until I can think up a good alibi. What about the human Cuisinart?"

"Got away from us," Keiko replied, "But she'll be back, and not just for you. Ukyo's also moved to the top of her list, only it's not blood she's after."

"Ara," Nabiki sighed, sounding a bit like Kasumi, "I should have thought of that myself. Her rescuing me like she did was bound to fall somewhere under the terms of the Amazon code. Guess Perfume's been taken in by her boyish good looks?"

"Afraid not," Keiko grinned, "Looks like I'm not the only girl lover around here, but with Amazons I'm not so sure the distinction matters."

"Shampoo not know what big fuss is," Shampoo said cheerfully, "Is good match for Cousin find Airen. Spatula girl not bad fighter, maybe make Perfume very happy. At least keep busy until Great Grandmother come here, then maybe we find way to work everything out?"

"I hope so, Sham-chan," Nabiki sighed, then growled, "Would you please let me go?"

"Okay," Shampoo let him go, then glommed onto his arm instead, looking up at Nabiki with adoration in her eyes as she purred, "Airen fight well against Perfume-cousin, much impress Great Grandmother she find out."

"Are you kidding?" Nabiki asked, "I nearly got my head handed to me! You're cousin is one tough lady."

Shampoo made a noise of dismissal, "No so tough, just train very hard build up defenses. Great Grandmother teach way to ignore…ah…" she switched to Chinese and said, <"Japanese is a very hard language! What I meant to say is that you did a lot better than you think you did, husband. Never knew anyone but me who could last that long against my cousin. Now you know that she's vulnerable to cold water you'll have an edge against her next time.">

Akane turned from the pair, unable to follow Shampoo's rapid speech, and instead asked Keiko, "Where are Ukyo and Ranma?"

"They had to go back to class," Keiko replied, "I told them I'd find Nabiki and get her home safely. I guess Shampoo and I can be her bodyguards on the way back to the dojo."

"Shampoo no need Mu-Tai bird girl to walk with Airen," Shampoo snorted.

"And what if Perfume comes back?" Keiko asked, "You really want to face her all but yourself?"

Shampoo winced, "Have point there. Okay, we walk, but keep hands to self!"

"No problem," Keiko assured her, "I'd rather wait until she changes back to her real form. I'd sooner hug you than any guy in the world."

Shampoo stuck out her tongue, and Keiko did likewise. Nabiki just sighed in the middle of the pair of would-be suitors and said a silent prayer to the heavens: Take me now!

Not that she was expecting any special favors at the moment…

"Ojisama," Nabiki growled, looking up a certain panda.

Said panda was playing Shogi with her/his father while idly munching on a bamboo stump. He looked up to see the angry glare in the eyes of his longtime student, then raised a sign that read: "What did I do this time?"

"One word," she growled, "Nekoken!"

The panda looked at her with very round eyes, then turned the sign around so that it read, "Oh."

Nabiki's male hands grabbed Genma by his fur and murmured to the side, "Excuse me, Father, but Uncle and I have some business to discuss."

"But of course," Soun said, not sounding the least bit ruffled as his friend was half-dragged half-carried by Nabiki's now greater strength as they headed off to the first floor bathroom.

A few moments later the pair emerged from the hot water with the now-female Nabiki still clutching Genma, only now by his gi-top, "You knew this day was coming, sensei…now do you want to know what kind of a day I've had?"

"C-Calm down, Nabiki chan," Genma sputtered, "I'm sure we can work something out if you just calmly explain what happened…" he paused when he saw her murderous glare and swallowed, "…Or maybe not…"

Nabiki had often wondered why it was that--of all the Jusenkyo curses she had so far encountered--Genma's was the only one that allowed him to wear clothing when he transformed back from being a panda. She supposed his martial arts gi somehow translated into fur, but why did that not apply to Keiko's shirt and trunks, or Perfume's Chinese clothing, which each remained behind while the women themselves transformed into either cat or vulture. Granted Genma's mass was doubled in panda form while Keiko and Perfume were reduced to a mere fraction of their mass, but why should size make such a difference? Why didn't Genma-panda wind up wearing a gi when he got splashed? Very confusing!

"Shampoo's cousin," Nabiki pronounced very slowly, "transforms into a cat. I was fighting her earlier when she got knocked into some water, and suddenly I couldn't continue to fight! I was paralyzed by the very sight of her, then sent into a blind panic!"

"Oh my," Genma said, "That isn't good. Yes, I can see how that would upset you…"

She dunked him under the water then pulled him out again and snarled, "Upset? What makes you think I'm UPSET? Just because I threw a challenge fight on account of this stupid phobia you gave me? Do you have any idea what my father will do, let along Aunt Nodoka, if I tell them about it…?"

True fear caused the man to turn as pale as the white fur of his panda guise, "You wouldn't…no, scratch that…you would tell them…"

"Help me to figure out a counter for this stupid fear spell, old man!" Nabiki growled, "You're good at special training methods, think up one that'll let me ignore my fear of cats long enough to face one!"

"That may be a problem," Genma said as he adjusted his glasses, "I researched the history of the Nekoken looking for a cure but…" he saw her look harden and said, "…Well, I'll see what I can come up with…"

"Fine," she let him go then stood up in her wet Chinese clothing, "Now I have to get dressed in clean clothing before I go out there to try and prevent Shampoo and Keiko from killing each other. I'll check back with you later!"

She got up and slipped her Chinese clothes off, then wrapped her body in a towel, not bothering herself with the fact that Genma was nearby, knowing well what she would do to him if he ogled. She went directly to the room she shared with Akane, Keiko and Shampoo and found her two suitors locked in a staring contest across the space of an unrolled futon. Their battle auras were up and flowing like a wave of heat between them, but at the sound of Nabiki's entering their immediate environment the two broke off and looked towards her in mutual confusion…and interest.

"Ah…" Nabiki debated the wisdom of getting dressed in her spare Chinese suit with these two characters present, then chided herself for an uncharacteristic bout of self-consciousness, knowing that nothing was going to happen here without her express approval. She gave them both a reproving stare then said, "As you were," before throwing off her towel as she went to the closet and pulled out her sole remaining wardrobe, half expecting to be glommed on by Shampoo at any moment. She gave them a preemptive warning look before she slipped into her pants and top-shirt, fastening it with wooden pegs before turning around and giving them both her best imitation of a fashion pose as she said, "Well, what do you think?"

"Good enough to eat," grinned Keiko, "What else do you expect me to say?"

"Airen look good as Airen," Shampoo agreed with a tiny smile of amusement, "No care what you wear, just as long as you Airen."

Nabiki sighed. Well, if nothing else, at least these two knew the right things to say. Even Ranma was not so tersely elegant in his expression.

"Shampoo," she sighed, "I know you're trying, but this business with Perfume's got me all tied up in knots…"

"Now there's an idea," Keiko smiled, then hastily amended, "Sorry…that was reflex."

"You have to know how I feel," Nabiki tried to think of what to say next but could find no clever way of avoiding the blunt edge of the subject, "Until the night you showed up I was committed to Ranma…and I still want him…very much."

Shampoo was still smiling, but there was sadness in her eyes, "Shampoo knows this. Shampoo…not hate boy…but Shampoo not happy at rival. Spatula girl claim him, maybe Airen no marry him after all."

"I hope it doesn't come to that," Nabiki sighed, "I wouldn't want to lead you on or lie to you. I do care about you, Shampoo, and I hope we can remain friends…"

"Uh oh," Keiko snorted, "That old 'we'll always be friends' line. Isn't that a bit too cliché here, Nabiki-chan? I may not agree about everything with Lavender Locks here, but I do think she's entitled to something better than that old one-liner."

Shampoo looked at her in curiosity, "Keiko-san no think Shampoo enemy?"

"Rivals, not enemies," Keiko replied, "I don't want to marry Nabiki-chan, I just want her to love me."

"You do?" Nabiki asked in surprise.

Keiko gave her that patented knowing smirk of hers and said, "Marriage is overrated. Shampoo here seems to think marriage is the be-all and end-all of a relationship, but I'm not as naïve as all that. My father never married my mother, and she felt dishonored because her family disowned her. What's so special about an official document that makes people act so crazy? I don't need a ring to tell me who I love, I just do what my heart tells me."

"You no want marry Airen?" Shampoo frowned, "Shampoo confused…"

"Marriage between women isn't recognized as legal in most parts of the world," Nabiki explained, "The fact that I was a guy when the ceremony was performed doesn't change the fact that I'm legally a woman, and not quite of legal age yet. I'm afraid our marriage will only be recognized in Joketsuzoku."

"So?" Shampoo asked, "No need live anywhere else. Is reason why Cousin and Great Grandmother want both of us back in village to share place in tribe, bring honor to family…"

"So marriage between women is legal among the Amazons, eh?" Nabiki considered.

"It not common," Shampoo shrugged, "But it happen. Warrior love other warrior, sometime make pledge after they fight. Stronger Warrior have status. Weaker warrior no have status, but status of mate is recognized, so she have status of mate. Of course, both still expected to make contribution to families…"

"Contribution?" Nabiki asked, seeking clarification.

"Children," Shampoo explained, "One or both warrior must give daughter to family, preferably stronger warrior. Sometimes boy. This mean a man is needed, so sometimes other warrior offer their husband as substitute…what is word again?"

"Surrogate father," Keiko explained, looking to Nabiki, "Men aren't treated too bad in Amazon society, but they don't have the same social status. A man who bests a strong warrior like Shampoo here gains status by simply being better than his wife. In your case I'd say you were considered a powerful warrior, but Shampoo here has no status in her tribe unless you're there to bestow it with your presence. That's why their Great Grandmother is so intent in getting you to go back with them, otherwise Shampoo here is a virtual exile among her people."

"Shampoo no have face if return without Airen," Shampoo said simply, "Shampoo no kill outsider girl, therefore accept as Airen. Can no return like this. You Airen, Shampoo do what you tell her."

"You mean…it's up to me what happens to you?" Nabiki felt her heart sink like lead in her bosom, "That's not fair…to either one of us!"

"Shampoo no care if no fair," Shampoo said softly, "Shampoo only know real happiness one time in life, day she meet Airen. Shampoo very lonely, only Cousin to talk to. She best in village, very proud warrior. Great Grandmother say Shampoo one day be Elder in tribe. Now Shampoo no be Elder unless she have Airen."

"Can't exactly send her back to Mother, can you?" Keiko gave Nabiki a sympathetic look, "And don't even bother asking about divorce. I did, and there isn't, unless you like dying."

Nabiki's memory of the night in question was much clearer now than it had been on the day of Shampoo's return. In retrospect she should have realized how significant the event was to Shampoo, because it had been memorable to Nabiki. A lifetime of loneliness dispelled for one evening was a treasure worth savoring, and yet here she was with the only two people in all the world with whom she had ever shared such a pleasure and she was sensitive to the fact that she could hurt either one or both with a careless misstatement.

She sighed in growing despair. Circumstance and her own ignorance of the Amazon culture had trapped her into this mess, and now she had to figure a way out that would not bring humiliation and shame to all parties.

Still…something Shampoo had said drew her attention and she thought a moment before asking, "Is marriage between women absolute? I mean…could one warrior, if she likes a man…bring him into their relationship? Would that be honorable by your standards?"

Shampoo looked at her curiously, then reverted to her own language, <"It is possible for one or both warriors to have a male consort, if they both agree to share him. It does away with the need to borrow a man from another warrior, and a man can have more than one warrior, if he is a great fighter. Are you thinking of doing this with your Ranma?">

<"Possibly,"> Nabiki replied in Chinese, <"I'm not sure he'd be agreeable to it, but I wanted to research every option. You don't mind, do you?">

Shampoo shrugged, <"I don't mind, but you would have to ask Great Grandmother. You are the stronger of the two of us, so you can make that decision for us both. Men are not too common in our village…too many boys our age are called away by the lure of the larger cities. At most, one man could be shared by four women, if they are each strong fighters…"

<"And what about marriage to more than one woman?"> Keiko asked her.

Shampoo gave her a sour look, <"If you are angling to include yourself, it is best that you know that Amazon laws were designed with the intent of promoting large families with many strong and healthy children. Two women who exclude themselves from men is considered inappropriate unless they have already produced offspring. If you wanted to become another concubine, you would have to agree to have a child by the man in our family unit. Would you be willing to submit to a man's caresses?">

<"Ah,"> Keiko thought a moment, then saw Shampoo's smirk and said, <"I'd at least think about it…">

"It might be better for you to find someone else instead of hitch yourself to my wagon," Nabiki said tiredly in Japanese, "It would certainly be a lot smarter."

"Never said I was all that smart," Keiko smiled, giving Nabiki a very knowing look, "Besides, I already know what I'm getting into."

"Of course," Shampoo smiled, "Shampoo no need boy Ramen to become mother. Airen do very well, maybe Keiko no mind that?"

Keiko blinked, "Hey…I never thought of it that way…"

"Ah…" Nabiki's mind nearly froze up at that thought, "Let's--uh--not get too far ahead of ourselves here, okay? That's a step further than I'd like to go into just yet…"

Shampoo and Keiko exchanged a mutual snicker as Shampoo murmured in Chinese, <"I think my husband has issues about accepting her male form and the…possibilities it leaves open.">

<"That's putting it mildly,"> Keiko grinned wickedly, enjoying Nabiki's uncomfortable reaction.

"All right," Nabiki decided on a quick change of topic, though she did feel somewhat better at knowing that there was at least one option that included Ranma, "Next problem: what to do about Perfume-chan."

Shampoo lowered her gaze and sighed, "Like Shampoo said, better wait to talk to Hiibaachan."

"Ah, yeah, that'll work," Keiko groused, "Don't forget I've met the old Mummy…" she paused when she saw the cross look Shampoo gave her and amended, "I mean…nice old lady who looks every bit as if she is over three hundred."

"Well, until then," Nabiki sighed, "What are the chances we could convince Perfume to lay off the contract on me?"

"Slim to none?" Keiko volunteered.

"Cousin very single minded," Shampoo noted soberly, "She do what Great Grandmother tell her. She second best warrior in tribe, have reputation as best hunter."

"Good at finding a trail?" Nabiki asked.

"You know our buddy, Ryoga-kun?" Keiko explained, "The one who can't find his way between the bathroom and the front door? Well, from what I hear this Perfume character is the exact opposite. She could find a trail in a blizzard…"

"Yes, Perfume very good tracker," Shampoo nodded enthusiastically, "She want to find you, you no can avoid her."

"This just gets better and better," Nabiki groused, "So I can't avoid her, and she can be very determined, and I've already seen how she can fight, which means…" she smiled, "I've got an idea…that could work. Maybe a page from Oneechan's book might just work out…"

"Oneechan?" Keiko looked at her, "You mean Kasumi? You're not thinking of cooking up a meal for Shampoo's cousin?"

"No way," Nabiki chuckled, "I can barely cook Ramen. I just mean I could take advantage of Perfume's little weakness…"

"Yeah," Keiko said, "But you freaked out the last time you saw her change into her cursed form. Why was that?"

"Yes, why do that?" Shampoo puzzled, "Cousin no can fight well in form of…"

"Ah, I'll tell you both about it sometime," Nabiki hastily replied, then said, "Excuse me for a bit, I have to go tend to a few details…"

Continued

Comments/Criticisms/Rewrites: Shadowmane@msn.com