Project A-Ko Fan Fiction ❯ Project A-Ko: New Adventures of Supergirl! ❯ Three! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Project A-ko: The New Adventures of Supergirl Part Three

B-ko looked at A-ko blankly for a moment. "Steel," she said softly, "he was an armored hero, an ally of your father." She shook her head, "What makes you think I would..."

"But you'd be perfect!" A-ko said cheerfully. "Why, your latest suit even looks a little like his," A-ko smiled.

"A-ko," B-ko answered patiently, "when have I ever shown any heroic inclinations?" A pause, "Or any willingness to work with you?"

"Where C-ko's concerned, you do," A-ko answered softly. "You see, I want to make sure that there's a world for her to come back to," she explained.

B-ko scowled, "That was a low blow."

A-ko merely smiled, "Yep. Did it work?"

B-ko sat there silently for a moment, then with a soft sigh she said, "Yes, I'll do it."



The apartment was dark and quiet, the moon rising above the city. She silently climbed out of bed, being careful not to disturb the other figure lying there. Something had woken her, but what, she wasn't quite sure.

She left the bedroom and walked out to the living room. "Maybe some milk will help," she murmured, passing the patio. She suddenly froze, seeing the figure standing outside, looking out at the city lights. She reached for the phone, then she saw the symbol.

A-ko turned as the black haired woman pushed the sliding door open. She smiled at her, "Good evening, Ms. Lane."

Lois looked the redhead over as she said, "What are you doing standing out on my balcony?"

A-ko smiled tentatively, "I just came out to warn you. I'm going to be operating publicly under the name Supergirl."

"And how does that effect me?" Lois asked crossly, the neon light bringing out the gray that sprinkled her hair.

"The press has always speculated about your connection to my dad," A- ko sighed, "so I bet they'll be beating down your door, looking for an interview."

Lois nodded reluctantly, "You may be right." She looked out into the night for a moment before asking, "How is he?"

"Happier being back in costume," A-ko admitted. She hesitated, then said, "He never stopped loving you."

Lois made a face at that, "That's why he traded me in for a younger, ageless model?"

"He talked to Irons, Hamilton, he even went to Luthor, and they all told him the same thing," A-ko said softly, "if you tried to bear children with him, you'd die."

Lois looked at her in shock, "He knew that I wanted to..."

A-ko nodded sadly. "He wouldn't let you put yourself at risk like that," she said.

Lois was silent as she tried to digest that. Finally, she said the only thing she could think to say just then, "Thank you."

A-ko smiled impishly, "If you ever want an interview, let me know." With that, she pressed a switch on her wristband and teleported away.

Lois stood there silently a few moments, then another woman stumbled out onto the balcony sleepily. There was a bit more gray in her sandy brown hair than Lois', but she looked healthy and fit. "Who were you talking to?" she asked.

"Daughter of an old friend, Maggie," Lois smiled at her lover Maggie Sawyer. She hooked her arm in the older woman's, "Let's go back to bed."



B-ko looked out the classroom window, silently wishing that she was up in the Watchtower working with A-ko. It was going to be terribly boring going to classes without her being around any more.

She sat up in her chair, an expression of surprise on her face. 'I actually miss having A-ko around?' she thought in horror.

The teacher smiled at them sweetly from the front. "We have a new student starting with us today," she smiled, gesturing for a figure to come in from the hallway.

The girl was tall, her long black hair flowing straight down her back. She wore a long sleeved school uniform, and a old fashioned style of glasses. She smiled at them pleasantly, "My name is Laurel Kent, it's very nice to meet you."

B-ko looked at the girl with a frown. 'Why does she look so familiar?' she wondered.

"The seats on either side of B-ko are free," the teacher smiled.

B-ko saw an odd look pass the dark haired girl's face, then she walked over to B-ko. Instead of taking the window seat, she sat at the right of B-ko. "Nice to meet you," the dark haired girl said with a smile to B-ko.

The morning passed in a haze of distraction, B-ko trying to determine what it was about this Laurel that bothered her so much. The familiarity was there, but she couldn't seem to place her. Lunch rolled around, and B- ko actually felt a bit relieved.

At least, until Laurel walked up to her, "Could I talk to you a moment?"

B-ko looked her over thoughtfully. 'I think I can deal with this,' she thought even as she said to her aloud, "Certainly."

They walked together silently, reaching a secluded part of the grounds. Laurel pulled her glasses off, sighing in a completely different voice, "I don't know how my dad did that."

B-ko recognized the voice immediately, "A-ko?!"

Laurel smiled back, "I figured you'd catch me, so I decided just to tell you." She put her glasses back on, "So how do I look?"

"Not bad," B-ko had to admit.

"Good," A-ko smiled at her.

B-ko felt an odd flutter in her stomach under that warm gaze, but she didn't let herself think about it. "It'll be good having you back," B-ko admitted. She looked thoughtful, "I'm going to miss our regular fights, though."

Laurel smiled wryly, "Sorry, can't help you there. But come up to the Watchtower tonight, we can get a bit of sparing in."

B-ko smiled back, "Sounds fun." With an odd look on her face, "Do you want us to be friends, publicly?"

Laurel blinked, "I hadn't really thought about it." She smiled, "Why not friends? It would be the opposite of A-ko and B-ko's behavior."

B-ko chuckled, "You've got a point."