Project A-Ko Fan Fiction ❯ Project A-Ko: New Adventures of Supergirl! ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Project A-ko: The New Adventures of Supergirl Part Five

A-ko and B-ko looked up in awe at the silver skinned figure floating above the ruptured reactor core, soaking up the spilling radiation like a living sponge. "If you could shut down the core, I'd appreciate it," Captain Atom smiled down at them.

"Right," B-ko leapt into action, using her suit to interface with the control panel, overriding the regular systems to speed up the shutdown.

A-ko lifted the damaged sections of casing back into place, then decided to try a new trick she had been working on. She focused her concentration, gazed intently at the alloy, and it began to melt together, resealing the outer wall.

Once she was finished, A-ko rubbed at her eyes, "That still gives me a headache."

"Thank you for your help," the silver skinned man smiled. Captain Atom's eyes glowed golden, his silvery skin reflecting the artificial light.

"So," B-ko asked curiously, "are you the second or third Captain Atom?"

"Steel!" A-ko chided her.

"Still the first, actually," Captain Atom smiled ruefully.

"What?" B-ko looked at him in surprise.

"The alien alloy making up my skin slows my aging process," the Captain shrugged. He waved cheerfully, "See you around." He flew off, leaving a burst of energy in his wake.

"Wow," A-ko said softly, and B-ko nodded her agreement.

Many of the world's heroes had begun to reapear in public after Supergirl's and Steel's debut, but along with them a old problem had also returned. All the supervillains were also coming back, and with a vengence!

"So who cracked the reactor open?" Oracle asked them curiously after the pair teleported back up to the Watchtower.

"He called himself Tokomak," B-ko sighed, "and I swear he single handedly gave battle armor a bad name."

"Do you want me to help you remove your armor?" D-ko asked. The blonde robot almost always stayed up in the Watchtower now, if only to keep Oracle company.

"I'll leave it on for now," B-ko said, "but thanks." D-ko blushed, smiling.

'Interesting,' A-ko thought, 'very interesting.' Aloud, she reported, "And he was so badly overweight it was rediculous."

"Didn't help that he kept yelling for Firestorm to have a rematch with him," B-ko made a face. "Still, we handled him nicely," she reported.

"But it could have gone the other way," a cool voice noted.

They all turned, scanning the room for whomever had spoken. "My sensors didn't detect any intruders," Oracle started, a fierce expression on her face.

He stepped out of the shadows, a long black cape fluttering around him. A black mask hid his eyes, and a blue bodysuit fit him snugly. "Hello Oracle," he smiled, "it's been a while."

"Who are you," B-ko leveled her arm cannon at him, "and what are you doing here?"

He looked at her calmly. "Point that elsewhere, or I'll take it away from you," he said, no threat in his voice, just a simple statement of fact.

D-ko spoke up even as B-ko lowered her arm cannon, "You'll have to go through me first."

"He's a friend," Oracle cautioned the two.

"Nightwing," A-ko said softly, studying him intensely.

"Very good," Nightwing gave her a nod. He reached up, pulling his mask away, and gave them a smile, "My name's Tim Drake, nice to meet you."

"What did you mean, it could have gone the other way?" B-ko demanded.

"B-ko," Tim smiled, "you two make a good team. But despite your talents, there are crisis that only a team can handle."

"How did you know who I am?" B-ko demanded.

"Because it's my business to know," Tim shrugged.

"Are you suggesting we reform the Justice League?" A-ko asked. She paused, "And are you interested in being a member?"

Tim surprised them with a soft laugh, "Sorry, I'm a bit old for that." He drew a disk from his costume, smoothly tossing it to B-ko. "There's information on all the active superhuman's I'm aware of on there," he smiled, "plently of recruitment possibilities."

Before they could ask him anything more, he turned, walked a short way and was simply gone. B-ko ran forward, looking around wildly, "How on Earth?"

Oracle frowned, "Batman used to do that, too." She went as still as a statue, her hologram fading as she devoted computer power to another problem. Suddenly, her hologram firmed up and she began to swear, vigorously.

"What?" A-ko asked her worriedly.

"He hacked the teleporters," Oracle growled. "I'm setting up new firewalls," she reported, "but I'm not sure if they'll keep him out."

"Is he that good of a hacker?" D-ko asked worriedly. Anybody that good was a major concern, in her eyes.

"He was almost as good as I was in the old days," Oracle admitted.

"Do you trust him?" B-ko asked her quietly.

Oracle nodded, "At one time, I'd have trusted him with my life."

"Good enough for me," A-ko nodded. She looked out one of the windows at the Moon's surface, "What do you think of his idea?"

"I don't like him much," B-ko admitted, "but it's not a bad idea."

"Oracle?" A-ko asked.

"Hey, I'm a former JLAer," Oracle shrugged, "I'm sort of automatically for it."

"I guess so," A-ko laughed softly. She paused, "D-ko?"

"Me?" the robot asked, surprised. She hesitated, "I think... it's a good idea. It improves your odds for success,"

"Looks like we're all in agreement," A-ko said with a grin.