Project A-Ko Fan Fiction ❯ Project A-Ko: New Adventures of Supergirl! ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Project A-ko: The New Adventures of Supergirl Part Eight

Supergirl had a wild grin on her face as she traded blows with Kalibak. He was both bigger and a lot uglier than her, but A-ko had soon figured out that she was at least his match in strength. The problem was, she didn't have that much of an edge against him. 'Which meant,' she thought grimly, 'this fight could go either way.'

Kalibak roared his frustration, his blows striking Supergirl's crossed arms and causing her to skid backward several steps. He hammered at her guard, the shockwave from his blows shattering the nearby glass windows, but she continued to stand up to his strongest blows.

"Who are you?" Kalibak growled, a bit of respect in his voice.

With a little nod of her head A-ko said, "I'm Supergirl, the daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman."

"Then you will die in their place," Kalibak bellowed as he charged her, swinging at her wildly in hope of landing a blow.

Supergirl blocked the punch with one arm as she stepped in close to his body, delivering a devastating punch to the belly. "Not by your hand, not today," A-ko said simply. She suddenly shifted tactics, drawing on her training on Paradise Island to out fight him.

"I'm impressed," Kestrel noted as she watched the fight, even as she leapt up over one strike and then kicked a parademon in the head. Another one dropped as she head-butted him, "That was a southern cross block she used!"

"Stop critiquing Supergirl's fighting technique," Steel growled, "and help me break through here!" The flying parademons kept trying to swarm her, but B-ko just electrified the outer layer of her armor to shock them off. "We've got to shut the portal they're coming through down before we're overwhelmed by weight of numbers," she said.

Kestrel pulled a disk shaped device from her utility belt, pressing down on the top before tossing it into the gateway. It flew for a moment, then it exploded violently in the center. "Looks like C-4 doesn't work," she noted quite calmly even as she continued to defeat parademons, often with only a single blow.

Steel burst free of her enemies and cut loose with a swarm of missiles, which also exploded harmlessly. She activated the scanners in her helmet, swiftly analyzing the results. "We can't disrupt it from this end," B-ko said.

Kestrel leapt up, literally using some of the flying parademons as stepping stones to reach where Steel hovered. "Toss me into the portal," Kestrel said to her simply, "I'll try to shut it down from the other side."

"That may not be necessary," Oracle's voice came through their communicators loud and clear, "D-ko has arrived."

D-ko looked down at the ongoing battle with a worried expression. There were just too many enemies there for Kestrel and Steel to handle. She slid her maid's uniform off, carefully folding it up and then transporting it up to the Watchtower. It was a gift from B-ko, so she would not allow it to be damaged. She turned to walk to the other side of the building, took a running start, and then leapt right off the rooftop!

As D-ko fell down she called out, "D-ko, POWER UP!" Her body suddenly blazed, immense heat swirling all around her as the artificial flesh that coated her body was swiftly burned away. When she finally hit the ground her body gleamed golden, a smooth sculpture in metal that carried the shape of a human being.

Steel grabbed Kestrel's arm, lifting them both up and away from the parademons as she yelled, "We've got to get clear, now!"

"Why? What's she going to do?" Kestrel sounded surprised.

"Overfire mode, activate," D-ko loudly declared.

The weapons mounted on her arms popped up once again, and then a cannon sprouted out of each of her shoulders. D-ko's ribs popped up and out, revealing missile racks, and along each leg more missile racks were revealed. From her eyes two red tracking beams activated, swiftly targeting the center of the horde.

D-ko coldly said to the parademons, "Leave here. Now." The troopers slowed but didn't stop, and with no hesitation at all D-ko unleashed an firestorm of missiles and weapons fire at the soon rapidly retreating attack force.

Kestrel whistled softly, "Remind me not to make her mad."

Steel smirked, "Better living through superior firepower."

"Come back here," Kalibak roared to his fleeing troops.

Taking advantage of his moment of distraction Supergirl hammered him back towards the open portal. Again and again A-ko drove him backward with her fists, until he stood swaying at the very edge of the gateway. "Don't forget to write," A-ko barked, and with a final roundhouse blow slammed him into the gate.

With a massive BOOM! the gateway collapsed in on itself and was gone.

"Don't forget to write?" Steel echoed disbelievingly. "You couldn't have come up with something better than that old line?" she asked.

"Heat of the moment," A-ko shrugged.

"Don't start fighting now," Kestrel hissed at them. The news media were already gathering cameras flashing and video equipment running.

A figure elbowed her way through the crowd, and the police let her through their line quickly. Maggie Sawyer made her way to their side, looking over at D-ko and Kestrel curiously. "Added some new members?" she asked.

"Kestrel," she nodded.

D-ko hesitated a moment, then offered, "I'm Mecha." B-ko raised her eyebrow at that, but chose to keep quiet.

"Is there another problem, chief?" A-ko asked.

"I'm afraid so, Supergirl," Maggie nodded. "The Lexcorp building security system has gone into some kind of lock-down mode, and it won't shut down," she said.

B-ko had stiffened visibly as soon as she had heard Lexcorp, but she sounded casual as she said, "Was there anyone inside?"

"Lena Luthor, the current head of the company," Maggie said, "along side some of her staff."

"Have you attempted an hack of the system?" Kestrel asked.

"Our expert's keyboard was fried, literally," Maggie answered dryly.

"So you want us to go in and rescue them," A-ko said. She grinned, "Can do!"

'You're more like your parents than even you think,' B-ko thought to herself sourly. "I'll carry Kestrel," she volunteered.

Twin boosters popped up out of Mecha's back. "I'll lead," she said simply, and with a burst of thrust was up into the air.

A-ko leapt after them, and the four were gone. Maggie shoved her hands in her pockets, murmuring, "Good luck."