Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Cry ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I know this is a really short chapter. Hopefully the next will be longer.
 
Shawn stared at the videocassette that had been sent to the office in the mail. It was incredibly nondescript, with the label bearing nothing but the number one. He flipped it over a couple of times, hoping to find some other sort of mark. He failed to find any. There was no note that came with it, and the packaging had not included any sort of return address.
He glanced at the phone for the third time in as many minutes. Gus should probably know about this. However, if he was feeling particularly irritated he might just make good on his promise of blocking his number on all the office phones. After carefully weighing the pros and cons of bothering his friend at work, he decided that informing Gus could probably wait until he left his other job. Still, that didn't mean he had to wait for Gus to watch the video. He silently thanked Gus for not updating his entire movie collection to DVDs as he popped the tape into the VCR and sat back in his armchair.
The video began with a view of a playground on a sunny day. The timestamp in the corner marked it as three weeks ago, in the early afternoon. Children were playing together cheerfully as parents mingled on the sidelines, keeping half an eye on their offspring. Suddenly, the view zoomed in on a little boy walking hand in hand with his mother toward the playground. The child, who appeared to be around the age of six, stood patiently while his mother attempted to fix his dark, curly hair, before running off toward the monkey bars. As soon as the boy was distanced from his mother, the recording ended.
 
Reviews are appreciated.