Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ MVP Anthology ❯ Mistress ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Another day in Payon. The bard, as he has done for nearly a month now, exits his tent, tuning his mandolin. He adjusts his feathered cap, humming a few bars, as the crowd of people look on, anxious to hear another story...

"Deep in the woods bordering the great city of Prontera, there stands a massive structure, glinting a dull gold in the sunlight. Everywhere there can be heard the buzzing of giant wings, and monstrous bees toil endlessly, working to appease the Queen, their Mistress."

"It is said that this Queen of Bees, the Mistress, is young and fair beyond any mortal girl that has ever lived; It is also said that this is merely a ruse, and that the Mistress is cruel and vicious to ouitsiders that wander into her pristine glade. Her loyal subjects attack in massive swarms, ripping to shreds any man or beast that dares violate their sanctuary, and then tote the corpse off into the great golden hive, as food for the Mistress' children..."

"Once, it so happened that a young thief sought to steal the Mistress' great treasure, an incredibly delicious honey known as Royal Jelly. This honey is so sought after that bears brave the lethal stinger if the Mistress herself to get at it, though no mortal man, even the King himself, has ever tasted this confection of confections."

"The thief, bristling with excitement, snuck into the massive hall of the Mistress, using every skill at his disposal to avoid being detected. As he reached the throne room, he saw, to his suprise, a beautiful young girl, sleeping under a gossamer cloth! The thief was stricken with love for this dainty maiden, and forgot all about the Royal Jelly. He rushed to her side, and the girl stirred. As she rolled to one side, the thief was horrified in realizing that this was the Mistress herself!! As the Mistress awoke, the thief backed away, gibbering wildly and in fear for his life. The Mistress smiled lightly, and, in a small voice, said: "

"'I commend you on making it this far into my castle, Human. You need not be afraid; I cannot hurt you in this throne room. It would upset my children...' The thief glanced at where the Mistress pointed, and barely concealed a horrible scream. The room was full of babies! But, on closer inspection, the thief realized that they were not all humans... some of them had antennae and small wings! The thief looked at the Mistress, who now stood, looking every bit as beautiful as a normal human woman... but there was malice in her eyes."

"The Mistress beckoned to the Thief, and showed him a large room in the back of the throne room. This room was also crowded with infants, but it was also piled high with a sticky goo... the Royal Jelly! The thief started towards it, and then stopped... He took another look at the children around him. It seemed that as soon as the children consumed the sticky sweet, they sprouted wings and feelers...!! The Mistress advanced on the young thief, buzzing sweetly... 'Yes, now you see the power of this room. I take these children from the city at night, and let them eat my potion... This room resonates with its magical power, making them MY children!'"

"The thief was speechless. These were all children of Prontera, Geffen, Izlude... But now they were slaves to the Mistress... Suddenly, the thief began to feel drowsy, and he glanced to his side... The Mistress was embracing him, smiling seductively, and driving a thick spike into his shoulder... The thief didn't even notice the pain as young hornets began piling Royal Jelly on top of him, and then he felt no more... Soon, all he could think about was work. He stood, completely transformed, and buzzed off, his mind blank."

"And so, nothing more was ever heard of the thief in the realms of man. And on some hot summer nights, you can even hear the sweet buzzing of the Mistress, toting her heavenly jam, to the naughty children of Geffen, of Prontera, and yes... even of Payon. So be good, children, and mind your parents; perhaps then you will be spared the awful fate of the young thief."

The bard smiles mischeviously, bows, and retires to his tent. The children of Payon whimper in fear; not a one of them disobey their parents that day.
Converting /tmp/phpTuTMHB to /dev/stdout