Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Last of the Chosen ❯ Chapter 2 - Perseverence ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : Whatever Anime in this fanfiction do not belong to me, so don't sue.
The Last of the Chosen
Chapter 2 : Perseverance
 
`How did that punk beat me?'
 
Renji lay in his cell with bandages covering his body, his mind currently muddled with deep thoughts.
 
`I'm supposed to protect Rukia, but, how can I do that if I can't even beat carrot head?'
 
Painful flashbacks flooded his mind as his face contorted and strained.
 
`How can I protect Rukia, when I can't even protect her when she needed me the most? How can I protect her if I can't even protect the people around me? How am I supposed to protect her if I can't even protect myself?'
 
Renji remembered his childhood.
 
`Why?'
 
He remembered his friend's deaths.
 
`Why?'
 
He remembered his and Rukia's painful parting.
 
`Why?'
 
He remembered the shocked look he had when he heard of Rukia's execution and the sorrowed look of Rukia when they crossed each other.
 
`Why!?'
 
`Why!?!?'
 
`WHY!?!?'
 
“Lieutenant Abarai.”
 
The redhead snapped out of his thoughts when he heard someone call him. Slowly opening his eyes, he gazed at the shadow entering his cell. Recognizing the figure, Renji immediately sat up, and cried out,
 
“Ranma!”
 
Smiling, Ranma sat next to Renji and asked sincerely,
 
“How are you feeling?”
 
“Oh uh, just fine Ranma,” The redhead stuttered before flushing slightly, “I am sorry that you had to me in such a pitiful state.”
 
“No problem, no problem.,” Ranma replied as he chuckled slightly before his face turned serious, “However, I am not here to ask of your well-being, I came here to ask you for a……favor.”
 
00
 
“How dull.”
 
A boy looking to be about 14 with blonde hair, sat at the edge of a very tall building. He was about 5'5 in height, on his feet we're two sharp looking silver roller blades. His neck craned as he yawned loudly, the expression on his face showing that he was extremely bored.
 
“Why did Ranma ask us to patrol anyways? Isn't that the job of lesser Death God beings? Sometimes I even wonder if he is suited for the job of Gotei.” The boy questioned.
 
“Don't question Ranma's motives, Kevin.” A voice from nowhere rang out. The blonde boy sighed before replying,
 
“Yeah, Yeah, I know Yamada.”
 
From behind the shadows, a tall man with short, spiky red hair appeared, his expression straight and determined. Standing at about 5'11, the redhead wore a sleek leather jacket and slightly worn out jeans, black fingerless gloves with flame markings imprinted on the palm covering both hands.
 
“Ranma-sama is competent, even if he does act like an idiot sometimes, he wouldn't make us do something without giving us a reason.” Yamada said. The blonde boy named Kevin rolled his eyes in exasperation after hearing this from Yamada for about the 5,000th time.
 
“I'm just bored is all, Yamada. Why is Ranma making us look for the ryoka along with the Death God's? What purpose does it serve?” The Redhead head looked at him with a slightly irritated look on his face when he heard what Kevin had asked of him.
 
“What are you, stupid? `Serving the Gotei is our main priority' that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if we're given orders that make no absolute sense, because we are to do what we are told to do.” Yamada finished before realizing Kevin had snuck off in the middle of his lecture.
 
“Little…..PUNK!!!” Yamada roared out as he punched the floor with all his might.
 
00
 
The Death God yawned as he half-heartedly watched over his post.
 
(KA-BOOM!!)
 
“AHH!!” The Death God squealed as he hid behind a corner, his eyes streaming with tears as he trembled pathetically non-stop. After a minute or so, he looked around the corner and his eyes widened when he saw a 4 story building in pieces and ashes..
 
“Holy……Crap.” Was all he said before he fainted.
 
00
 
“Sigh, looks like Yamada is causing trouble again.” Ranma said aloud as he chewed on his meat bun heartedly, hopping from roof-top to roof-top.
 
“Hurry hurry! It must be the ryoka!”
 
Ranma peered beside the ground and saw groups of Death God's going to where the destruction took place. Snickering to himself, he sat down and finished the rest of the meat bun in one bite. Sighing loudly, he sat back on the roof and closed his eyes before sensing a strong presence.
 
Sitting up again, Ranma gazed across him and saw a black cat observing him.
 
00
 
`Who, is this, man….' Yoruichi questioned in his mind as he observed Ranma from afar before flinching slightly from a wavering rise of power. Opening his eyes again, he saw the man glare at him with cold, pupil-less eyes, his hair slightly floating up as an aura of red and black flickered on and off around his body.
 
Yoruichi sweated as he struggled against the aura of power before falling down when the aura was released. Panicking about, Yoruichi peered across and saw the man walking away while whistling a tune.
 
Standing up, he continued to run across the rooftops, whilst his mind was muddled with thoughts of that man.
 
`He….could be trouble.'
 
00
 
Ichigo groaned slightly as he struggled to keep his feet from collapsing. Hanatarou had a worried expression on his face as he advised Ichigo,
 
“You shouldn't move around too much Ichigo-san, I mean you just had a battle with Lieutenant Abarai! I mean, it was surprising when you barely defeated him, but I'm even more surprised at how you're standing right now.”
 
Ichigo grimaced, realizing he couldn't endure any more of Hanatarou's `I'm surprised' talks anymore, especially since he had wasted too much time on resting, and not enough time rescuing Rukia from the execution sentence.
 
“Hana is right `chigo, you need to rest before you can even think about saving Rukia, especially in your state.” Ganjuu commented, but growled when he realized he was being ignored.
 
“Stupid! You do realize that there are even stronger Death God's then that redhead guy! I mean, you look weak enough to be even taken out by lower Death God's!” Ganjuu retorted before taking a step back when he heard Ichigo yell,
 
“Just shut up, Ganjuu! Look, Rukia is waiting for me at that tower right now, and I can't let her just sit there and wait for her execution to come while I'm down in the sewers resting because of a few scratches and bruises!”
 
Ichigo continued to walk before gasping out when Ganjuu chopped the back of his neck, catching his worn body in his arms. He then laid Ichigo against the wall while he and Hanatarou sat across him, both thinking that Ichigo needed some well needed rest before facing what is in front of him.
 
00
 
“They went that way!”
 
Loud footsteps were heard before slowing fading in the distance. Behind a wall, Ishida and Inoue gasped for air.
 
“I (huff) think we (huff) lost them.” Orihime gasped out as she struggled for air. Ishida, already maintaining his composure, said to her,
 
“We need to keep going, Inoue. They might come back at anytime.”
 
Orihime nodded in agreement and went ahead first before rounded a corner, `oofing' when she ran into something.
 
Rubbing her sore bottom, she looked up and gaped at a towering 8 feet tall man with combed back hair, a goatee, and black sunglasses. He had on a black leather jacket and wore black jeans, his image disputing a gangster impression.
 
Orihime backed up a bit as the man brought his face close to hers before hearing from him,
 
“Heh Heh, are you okay pretty lady?”
 
Inoue blinked as she stared at his flaring nostrils and red cheeks, his eyes clearly not focused on her face.
 
“Here, let me help you up.” He said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her body up before `accidentally' skimming his hand against her breast. His nose dripped blood as he closed both nostrils with one hand to keep the blood from spilling.
 
“Oh geez, damn allergies.”
 
He said in a playful tone, his eyes still focused on her full bosom.
 
(Shoo!)
 
The man flicked his hand in front of his face and obliterated an object in mid-air. His sunglasses shone in the light, his tone now serious and calm,
 
“Come out, NOW.”
 
Ishida jumped down from the rooftop, his slightly transparent bow visible on his right arm, however still aiming his weapon at the 8 foot behemoth.
 
“Inoue-san, step away from him.”
 
Orihime did as she was told and ran back to Ishida's side. Knowing Inoue was now safe, Ishida pulled back the string and questioned the large man,
 
“Now, who are you and why have you appeared before us. Tell me before I shoot.”
 
The man's fist drew into a fist.
 
“Is that supposed to be a threat? Do you think a toy such as that thing would scare ME?”
 
The air around him became slightly distorted as the ground near his feet began to shake. Both Inoue and Ishida began to step back merely from the force of his aura.
 
“WELL!? ANSWER M-gack!”
 
The man's aura dissipated as a rock fell on the ground beside his feet.
 
“Stop making so much trouble, Harima.” A voice rang out. The man named Harima groaned as he rubbed the bump on his head.
 
“Sorry big bro.”
 
A organized looking child with combed hair and large coke-bottle glasses came out from behind him, looking no bigger then a primary school student.
 
He stood in front of Harima and tugged his jean pants sleeve, causing him to bend down to hear what the boy had to say.
 
(Bonk!)
 
“Ouch!” Harima cried out as the boy hit him on the head again.
 
“You damn idiot! We aren't supposed to blow our cover! We're supposed to be looking for someone! Now do you want to explain to Hien-sama how we failed to even cover our post?” The young boy lectured loudly. Harima sniffed his nose and shook his head.
 
“No Mayama brother, please not Hien-sama.”
 
The boy named Mayama nodded and patted Harima on the head. He then turned to both Inoue and Ishida and bowed.
 
“I'm very sorry about my big brother, he gets kind of rowdy when he's outside.”
 
Ishida sweatdropped, having a hard time believing such a young looking child could be the bigger sibling of the eight foot giant behind him. Inoue shook her head, saying it was no trouble and no one had gotten hurt at all.
 
“It was no problem, he didn't cause any trouble.” Inoue said. The young boy nodded and replied,
 
“Thank you for understanding, my name is Mayama, and this idiot behind me is my younger brother, Harima.” Inoue bowed and introduced herself and Ishida,
 
“Nice meeting you, My name is Inoue Orihime, and this young man next to me is Ishida-san.” Mayama's shoulder twitched when he heard both their names.
 
“Orihime and Ishida…,” Harima tapped his forehead and turned to Mayama, “Hey bro, aren't those the two we are supposed to capture?”
 
Ishida reacted quick and jumped away when 3 sharp kunai aimed at his legs almost pierced him. He grabbed Inoue's arm and drew her and himself back as Mayama's aura grew tremendously large, even more so then Harima's.
 
“Orihime and Ishida eh? Great, now we don't have to go looking for you guys anymore.” Mayama said in a low voice as his coke bottle glasses broke from the pressure. Harima crawled back as his eyes grew wide with fear, his sweat falling continuously from his pores.
 
“Mayama bro! Why are you releasing all of your power here?” Mayama growled as he answered his younger brother,
 
“You fool! Don't you get it? All the Gotei except the Guardians were assigned to look for these ryoka! If we capture them, we might get raised to Executor Rank and even catch the eye of Ranma-sama!”
 
Harima blinked in realization as his eyes grew more cold. He stood to full height and released his aura.
 
“If we bring them back, we get to be Executors?” Harima asked. Mayama nodded as Harima began to shake in anticipation.
 
“Do we have to bring them back unharmed?” Mayama shook his head as Harima licked his lips.
 
“Perfect.”
 
00
 
“You sure you know what you are doing?” A handsome looking man with glasses asked Ranma, who was lazily sitting on a sofa. Ranma yawned and answered,
 
“Trust me, trust me. If they can't even fight on an equal level with the O.P.T., then they don't deserve to live. Why are you so unusually anxious, Hien?”
 
The handsome man named Hien pushed up his glasses from the bridge of his nose and replied,
 
“I'm not worried, Ranma. It's just so strange to see you dispatch the O.P.T. for some rogue Ryoka.”
 
Ranma smiled.
 
“Don't worry, besides, you have more important duties to attend to, Mr. Second in Command and Captain of the Guardians.”
 
Hien drew back in surprise for a second before standing straight and saluting. He then turned back and walked away, calling out to two men standing beside the door.
 
“Gaien, Fargo, let's go.”
 
The man named Gaien stood almost 6'3, his black and white stripped hair and face riddled with scars making him look very intimidating, a very large broadsword hanging from his back. The other man named Fargo looked as handsome as Hien, his long brown hair drawn back into a ponytail. He had a relaxed look on his face, his eyes closed. his feet and head bobbing to the beat of his headphones.
 
They both followed their leader out, closing the door on their way out. Ranma's smile got even wider as he said to himself.
 
“This oughta be interesting.”
 
TBC.
 
Geez, I thought I'd never be done. Anyways, if you guys already read my Character Profiles List, then you should know who most of these characters are. Several more people will show such as people who you've read in the profiles and others who I have not written down.
 
For people who haven't figured it out yet:
 
Hien-Original
 
Jimmy Fargo-Figure based on Kaji from Anime `Evangelion'
 
Janka Gaien-Based on `Guts' from Anime `Berserk
 
Yamada-Based on Character `Iori Yagami' from game `King of Fighters'
 
Kevin Carver-Based on Main character from Manga `Air Gear'
 
Mayama-Figure based on guy with glasses in the beginning of Anime when they freed swordsman from Marines in `One Piece'
 
Harima-Created from `Harima' in Anime `School Rumble'
 
Thanks for Your Support, Daniel Shinigami.