Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Avatar ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and Nickelodeon. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to them . This is a fan fiction, and is
not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma 1/2 and Avatar:The Last Airbender series. I have no money for legal problems and would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much.
 
Wild Avatar
By HVulpes
Chapter One
 
The whirlwind storm was in fill force when Katara discovered Aang, floating in the middle of it. He was completely in the full Avatar. Katara looked at her brother who was holding on, trying to resist the powerful winds. "What happened?" Katara asked.
 
"Aang discovered Gyatso's body surrounded by the bodies of Fire Nation Soldiers. Then he went crazy." Sokka said looking at Aang.
 
Suddenly a black orb appeared in the wind, shimmering with an rainbow of colour. Katara thought this was strange. But she knew that it did matter at the moment. What mattered was that Aang needed their help.
 
"Aang, I know how you feel. My mother was killed by the Fire Nation, just like Gyatso. It hurt so bad that I didn't know what to do. But I had family to help me. Just like you do." She moved closer to Aang and motioned for Sokka to move with her. They fought the wind to reach close to Aang.
 
"Sokka and I are your family. We are here to help you, to protect you. What ever you are going through we are hear to help. The winds started to die down and Aang floated down. Yet the black orb remained. But soon Aang was holding hands with Katara and Sokka. The blue glow faded from his eyes and the blue arrow tattoos that covered his body. In his eyes, tears started to flow.
 
But then the black orb turned pure white and became as brilliant as a minor sun. "I don't know about you guys, but I think that it might be a good idea to run1" Sokka said, as he backed way. The other two followed his lead and ran for covered. The was a flash and a huge "BOOOM". None of them had a good look at it as they covered their eyes.
 
"Do you think it's safe?" Sokka asked. The other two looked up and nodded. They walked to where Gyatso had died. There in the rubble was a figure.
 
The figure in the snow rose and then looked at the trio that had gathered before him. He was dressed in a red sleeveless shirt and black pants. On his feet were some strange kind of shoes. His eyes narrowed. "Who are you? Where am I?"
 
Sokka took out his spear and held it in front of him. "I'll ask the questions here. Who are you and what are you doing here?" With the spear apparent, the mysterious man then moved into what looked like a fighting position.
 
"I don't know why I should tell you anything, kid." The young man said.
 
Aang was hugging close to Katara, still weeping at the fate of Gyatso. He was also not handling this new change to well either. So much was happening so fast that he was being overwhelmed. Katara knew that this wasn't good for Aang. "Sokka, maybe we shouldn't be threatening him. Right now." She asked her brother.
 
"Maybe you should listen to your girlfriend. She seems to have more sense than you do." The figure said as he continued to watch the boy with the spear.
 
"She isn't my girlfriend, she's my sister. Katara, don't you think that it is unusual for him to just suddenly appear out of nowhere. I bet that he's a Fire Nation spy. I think that he's been here all the time watching and waiting for the chance to attack us." Sokka said, keeping his spear up.
 
"What in the world is this Fire Nation? I have never heard of it." The figure said.
 
"So, he has to be a Fire Nation spy. Who else would be crazy enough to claim not to have heard of the Fire Nation?" Sokka asked.
 
"Perhaps someone who is not of this world." Came a voice that was behind the trio. The three young people turned their heads and looked at the figures that were behind them.
 
The first was a rather curvy young woman that was armed with two metal spheres on sticks. She was in a battle position, much like the young man that Sokka had been fighting with. She was dressed in a strange outfit of various colours including pinks, reds and purple. A tunic like shirt and a pair of pants. She wore the same strange shoes that the male wore. But here most striking features were the fact that she had a deep shade of purple hair and her eyes were an unusual shade of crimson.
 
The second was an old woman that looked like she had shrunk down. She was leaning on a wooden cane. Wild white hair flowed behind her as she wore a green robe. Her face was lined with wrinkles and looked a little sunk in. Then the old woman spoke.
 
"Ranma, Shampoo. I think that it would be best to stand down. That might make it easier for them to stand down as well." came the same voice that had spoke up before.
 
"Well, he started it." said the young man as he kept his eyes on Sokka.
 
"Shampoo only wants to help her beloved." Those words have an effect on the male who must have been named been Ranma. Both Shampoo and Ranma dropped out of their battle positions.
 
"Shampoo, why are you talking so well?" Ranma asked.
 
"Shampoo does not know why her speech is so much improved. Shampoo knows that she can speak perfect Chinese. But Shampoo had trouble with other languages like Japanese. But why is Shampoo speaking so well know." The girl asked.
 
"This has to be some kind of Fire Nation trick. Nothing else could be this weird." Sokka said as he waved his spear.
 
"Shampoo and Ranma, we can discuss Shampoo's improved language skills later. I think that we should try to discuss things with these youngsters. Perhaps find out what is going on." The old woman said as she sat down. "Perhaps you can put that spear away. We are not going to hurt you."
 
Cologne looked at the figure before her. She could see her great grandson-in-law standing on the other end of the room. Behind him was a body of what looked like monk, to one side were the bodies of what looked like soldiers. The monk was wearing an light yellow robe accented by red. A wooden amulet hung on his neck with prayer beads. The soldiers were in black and red armor that was of a fightening appearance. Judging from the skeleton remains of the figures, this had happened a long time ago.
 
Cologne then looked again at the figures of the young trio. The older boy and the girl were dressed a like in blue, black and white parkas. Making them look like the Native Americans of the most northern reaches. Their skin was a light shade of brown. Their hair was brown with a patch of white on the boy. Each done in an stylized form. They also had blue eyes. The boy spear looked like it was made of a mixture of bone and wood.
 
The third boy had a resemblance to the dead monk in dress. He was in a yellow outfit that was accented by red. Including a red collar. From the angle that Cologne could see, he had some kind of tattoo on the back of his bald head and hands. His skin was more pale than they other two. He was hugging close to the young woman. All and all, the three looked like they were younger than Ranma and Shampoo.
 
"Perhaps we could talk about things elsewhere. It might be best to leave the dead to peace, while we discuss the problems to face it." Cologne said. She kept an eye on the three of people that she didn't know.
 
"I'm not sure that's it a good idea. We don't know you. You could be Fire Nation spies or looters of the Temple." Said the young man. He kept his spear up and in a fighting position.
 
"Sokka, you should put down your spear. It isn't helping anything. The best thing we can do is talk to these people and figure out what is going on first." The young girl said. "Besides, it might be best if we were to leave this part of the temple for now." Sokka looked at the girl. Reluctantly, he placed his spear back in his backpack. The female sighed softly.
 
Moments later...
 
The six of them were sitting inside one of the rooms of the temple. Three on one side and three across from them. The old woman spoke first. "I am Cologne of the Strong Hero Woman tribe. This young woman.." Cologne said pointing to the woman with the purple hair. "Is my great granddaughter, Shampoo. The man beside her is her husband Ranma Saotome."
 
"I am not her husband." Ranma said as Shampoo looked a little hurt from the words that had been spoken. "It's just some kind of strange laws that doesn't make sense."
 
"Perhaps we could speak about this at another point." Cologne said, firmly. "We should let our friends continue their end of the introductions." Ranma nodded.
 
"I am Katara of the Southern Water Tribes, this.." She said point to the older of the two boys.
 
"Is my older brother Sokka. This is our friend Aang of the Air Nomads." Katara said pointing to the younger boy. "We were on our way to the North Pole to.."
 
"To meet with our sister tribe." Sokka said, interupting his sister. He had a look on his face that was telling Cologne that he was trying to hide something from them. She knew that it would be best to let them reveal it in their own time. "So what are you doing here?"
 
"We were in conflict with an annoying 'human' known as Happosai. A figure that was not above using dark spirits to inflict pain on those that he feels do not respect him or his power. So it was that we were fighting against an evil spirit, when the spirit casted a powerful spell during it's destruction. A black vortex grew up and sucked us up into what appears to be a dimensional rift. It took us from the world that we came from and sent us to your world." Cologne said, looking for the reaction.
 
Shock was clear on the face of Katara. It looked like she didn't know what to expect. Aang looked with amazement and was quite interest in the news. But Sokka's reaction was obvious. Total disbelief. "Do you expect us to believe that you come from some other world that we don't know about?"
 
Katara turned and looked at Sokka. "It would explain why they didn't know about the Fire Nation or the war." She said. Cologne perked up at this news.
 
"What war? Perhaps you could explain this to us as we are new to this war." Cologne asked.
 
"A hundred years ago, the Fire Nation started a war against the three other nations. The Air Nomads, the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribes. It has lasted for a hundred years, with the Fire Nation on the constant attack. Fire Nation attacks had weakened my tribe and a couple of years ago the men in my tribe left to fight the Fire Nation with the Earth Kingdom. The Fire Nation apperantly destroyed this airbender temple and most of the Air Nomads." Katara told them.
 
"Interesting," Cologne said, adding, "What is this bending you speak of?"
 
Aang and Katara were surprised at the idea that there were people that didn't know what bending was. "You don't know what bending is?" Aang asked, as he started to recover from his shock. "It's just the coolest thing in the world."
 
"It might be, but the fact is that we do not know what it is. Likely due to the fact that bending is not native to our world. Perhaps you can explain the basics so that we can understand." Cologne asked.
 
Katara took a deep breath and then started her explanation. "Bending is the ability of people to manipulate the four elements by way of different movements. Each nation has it's own style of bending. Airbending for Air Nomads, waterbending for the Water Tribes, earthbending for the Earth Kingdom and firebending for the Fire Nation. Only one person, the Avatar, has the power to bend all four elements. It is the Avatar's job to keep peace between the four nations and keep the balance."
 
"But I take it something happened a hundred years ago to stop the Avatar from doing his job." Ranma said.
 
"The Avatar disappeared over a hundred years ago." Katara said looking over to the young man that was sitting near her. Cologne took note of it and kept it in her mind. "Aang and I are benders. Aang is an expert of airbender and I am a waterbender."
 
"Would you like to see?" Aang said, as he got up. He started to breath in an controlled manner as he started to move in a pattern. He motioned with his arms as the winds picked up around them. Ranma and Cologne seemed greatly interested in the action and the fact the wind was coming from no known source. With a final thrust of his hands, a blast of air flew in front of the young boy.
 
"Ranma," Cologne asked, "Did you recognize those moves?"
 
That got the native trio's attention. "I think so. That was Ba Gua, wasn't?" Said Ranma, as he noticed the moves that were used.
 
"Ba Gua? It was just airbending." Aang said, curious about what Ranma and Cologne were saying.
 
"Ba Gua is a fighting style on our world that uses the quick, circular motions. The user also tries to get behind the user." Ranma said. "It's not one of the styles that I commonly practise, but I have studied it." Ranma got up and tried to copy the moves that Aang had tried before him. Wind started to gather again, surrounding Ranma.. before he was pulled out of the kata by the winds and then went spinning around till he banged into a wall. Ranma was stunned for a few minutes as that happened.
 
Sokka and Katara looked on with shock at the fact that Ranma seemed to be an airbender. A type of bending that only Aang was suppose to have. But Aang was jumping up and down with excitement. "I can't believe that you're an airbender. That means that I'm not the only one." Aang went to help Ranma up.
 
Ranma nodded and thought. This was a new martial arts style that he could master and learn to use. But the pure power of it meant that he would either have to go slowly, mastering the basic elements of every motion. Or he would have to take a master to train under. From the look at things, Aang was the only person that could be his master.
 
Ranma looked over at the others and notice that Shampoo was up and trying to duplicate the moves that Aang and Ranma had performed. But while she was about to get the movements nearly right, she didn't seem able to produce the winds that Ranma or Aang were able to.
 
"Shampoo doesn't seem to be able to do the same move as Aang or her beloved." She said, as she finally gave up.
 
"Well, it could just be that you are not an airbender. But that doesn't mean that you're not a bender. I'm a waterbender. Perhaps I could show you some of my moves and see if you are a waterbender." Katara said as she motion to Shampoo to come to a corner. Ranma was going and talking to Aang in another corner. Leaving Cologne and Sokka with each other.
 
After watching Aang teach Ranma points of airbender and Katara showing Shampoo the moves of waterbending, Sokka turned to Cologne. "So.." He said, trying to get Cologne to speak first. Perhaps trapping her into a misstep.
 
Cologne spoke, "You are curious about me and my charges, are you not, boy?" Cologne laughed a little at the image of the young man trying to fight either her or the youngsters. "I have told you that I am of the Strong Hero Woman tribe. I did not tell you that I was the leader of that tribe, the Matriarch. I was also one of the most powerful teachers of warriors. Till I had to leave my tribe."
 
Sokka looked curious, "Why would you have to leave your tribe? It sounded that you were important to the tribe." He continued to watch the others, while listening to the elder.
 
"My great granddaughter had trouble bring her husband into the tribe. You see Ranma's father has to be the largest idiot in our world. Even Ranma will admit this. One of his many mistakes was to engage Ranma to multiple women. Many for only a meal. The worse was for a bowl of rice, a pair of fish and a pickle."
 
Sokka turned to look at Cologne. "You're kidding, right?" Cologne just laughed and shook her head. Then there was a thump and a bang that attracted their attention. Looking at the two corners, they saw Katara and Shampoo staring at Aang and Ranma. Ranma, who was now wet, red-headed and a little more curvy.
 
"Looks like someone triggered the curse." Cologne said, as she walked up to Ranma.
 
"Shampoo and I were trying to see if she was a waterbender. She was getting upset and then stomped her foot. That seemed to trigger her earthbending skills. A rock shot up and knocked my water pouch out of my hands." Katara said, trying to explain. She spoke softer in the end as she stared at Ranma. She just wanted to speak her mind before she shut down.
 
"Then the water hit me and triggered the curse." Ranma said as she shook off the excess water. Sokka had arrived at the scene and was starting to poke Ranma in the chest. Hitting the breast, he started to squeeze it. Sokka's eyes were wide open in shock. "Sokka, could you please stop that?"
 
"Guys, wasn't Ranma a boy?" Aang asked, as Sokka stopped his squeezing. Katara had her mouth open as words tried to come out. Shampoo and Cologne just took it in stride.
 
"Looks like we have to discuss Jusenkyo. Perhaps even more." Cologne said. "I'll need a place to build a fire and some more water. Then we can reverse the curse."
 
"Wait a second! What the heck just happened? Ranma was a boy just a minute ago and now he's a girl. That's.. that's.. not natural!" Sokka said trying to see what Cologne would say.
 
"Of course, curses are not natural." Cologne sighed and then set to work explaining. "Ranma fell into a pool at a place called Jusenkyo. It's name means 'pools of sorrow' and it has a tragic history. You see, due to magic, anything that is submerged in a pool for a long enough time creates a template on the pool. Those whom bodies hit the water take the form of that template. In Ranma's case, the form is of a girl. Or the girl he would have been if he had been born a girl. In Shampoo's case, that is a cat. Cold water changes them into the template, hot water returns them into their original form."
 
"So you're saying that magic water turned Ranma into a girl." Sokka said as he turned to look at his sister. A fearful look in his eye. Images of Katara using waterbending to turn him into a girl crossed his mind.
 
"I don't have the power to turn you into a girl, Sokka." Katara said, guessing what her brother is think. She giggled a little at the idea that her 'manly' brother being turned into a girl. 'Would serve him right for his attitude some times.'
 
"So I can turn Shampoo into a cat with cold water?" Aang asked. He seemed to be excited at this new discovery. He watched Shampoo, like a child with a new toy.
 
Cologne shook her head. "That is not a good idea. Ranma has a deep fear of cats. That like Jusenkyo is another of Genma Saotome's greatest mistakes." Cologne looked at Ranma.
 
Ranma sighed. "Old ghoul, could ya get the water ready, while I ta tell them about the Neko-ken." Ranma said as she sat down. The other youngsters surrounded him as Cologne left to find some water and a place to build a fire.
 
"My father had been training me ta be the best martial artists of my generation. A martial artist is a fighter who only fights in self defence if they can help it." Ranma explained as she saw that the trio from this world looked confused. "He took me all over the place, learning different martial arts styles and developing my family's school of martial arts. Then when I was ten, he discovered the training manual that contained the Neko-ken, or Cat Fist."
 
"The Neko-ken is suppose ta be an unbeatable fighting style and it is a powerful style. The problem is that it comes at too high a price." Ranma watched as everyone one is looking at her.
 
"Ta be trained in the style one has ta take a kid of ten or under, and place fish on them. Then place them in a pit full of over twenty starving cats and seal the pit with a rock."
 
"What?" came Katara's reply. "That's suppose to be training. It sounds like he was trying to kill you. What kind of moronic madman would try to kill his son by feeding him to starving cats.
Why was there anyone to stop him from doing this?" As she spoke, snow suddenly started to vibrate as if it was being moved by something.
 
"Pops, keep the training out in the wilderness. Though after the fifth time, he did need ta take me to the doctors." Ranma could feel the anger coming from Katara now. Red hot heat. Sokka look upset and Aang just looked worried for Ranma. "It was only after I complete the training that Pops found out that the Neko-ken had been banned for causing death or driving the user nuts."
 
"Nuts?" Aang asked, "Why does it turn you into nuts? Why is that bad?"
 
"Nuts means crazy. The trainee gets a fear of c-c-cats. Worse if I see to many cats, especially large and powerful ones, I start ta think that I'm a cat. I have the power to create chi claws that can slice through metal. The best thing ta do when this happens is to find a person I trust and have them try ta calm me down by petting me on their laps. Or trigger my curse." Ranma told the teens that were there.
 
"That is why Shampoo is very unlucky. She has gained a curse form that Ranma fear with all of his life." Shampoo added as her head dropped down.
 
Sokka looked at his sister twitch in anger at the treatment that Ranma had experience from his father. Her left eye was twitching, her teeth were grinding. It was worse then when he had told her all about women's work. 'I really don't want to upset her right now. I thought that the fire nation was bad.'
 
"Well, you get use ta it. I just have ta avoid cats." Ranma said, adding, "I only wanna get some hot water ta change back. That and learn more about this airbending stuff." Ranma said with a smile.
 
It was few minutes later when Cologne returned. She was carrying a bizarre container of water. Following close behind her, was a small figure that was carrying a pile of fruit. "I have the water. Plus I found a little friend that seems to have found something for us." Cologne said as the figure dropped the fruit before the young people gather.
 
Aang's face lighted up as he saw who it was. Sokka, however, was heading to the food. "Dinner!" came Sokka reply, as he picked up the fruit. He started to devour it, like he hadn't eaten in a year.
 
Katara smiled as the lemur that they had sight before took a peach from Sokka. "So what are you going to call him?"
 
"Momo!" Aang said excitedly, as the lemur jumped up and used it's webbing wings to fly on top of Aang's bald head. Shampoo and Ranma just stared at the little creature.
 
" So have you made a decision on where you are going next?" Cologne asked, leaning against her staff.
 
"Well, we're going to the North Pole to get Katara some training in waterbending from the Northern Water Tribes. Where are you three going?" Aang said, slowly looking around at Cologne, Shampoo and Ranma.
 
"I think that it might be best if we were ta go with you guys. You know more about this world than we do. Until we know what ta do, it might be best ta stick ta your trio." Ranma said as he got up. The others followed him. "Besides, I still have ta learn airbending from Aang."
 
"I would love to have you along." Aang said holding out his hand to Ranma, who took it and shook it. There were look around the room as people took in the news.
 
"Okay, as long as you three pull your weigh and don't slow us down." Sokka said, thinking of their chances if there was more people in their party. 'On the one hand, they say that they are fighters so that might come in hand with Fire Nation. On the other hand, they have those weird magic powers.'
 
"I might be able to help with the bending training if it is similar to the martial arts of our world. Plus I can teach you some combat skills that might be of use in a fight. Their are many secrets in my tribe that I might be willing to share in exchange for help in this harsh new world." Cologne said, looking at Sokka.
 
"Okay. Let's just get on Appa and get going."
 
"Appa?" Shampoo asked.
 
A few minutes later, three strangers in a strange land were looking at a huge flying, six legged bison. With a flat, furry tail and markings that ended with an arrow on it's forehead. Ranma looked at the animal and said, "That's a lot of bull." Appa bellowed in reply.