Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Avatar ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and Nickelodeon. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to them. This is a fan fiction, and is not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma 1/2 and Avatar: The Last Airbender series. I have no money for legal problems and would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much.
 
Thanks to AYH for the content editing and some extra ideas. Another thanks to Cylon One for the spelling and grammar editing for these revised chapters.
 
Wild Avatar
By HVulpes
Chapter Two
 
Zuko was returning with his Uncle Iroh after his victorious Agni Kai. The fire duel against Commander Zhao had turned out to be a success for the banished prince. Only to have Zhao try to attack him after Zuko had won the match. The attack had not connected. But if it wasn't for his uncle telling him not to taint his victory, Zhao would be facing greater injuries now.
 
"Uncle, we have to set off as soon as possible. If we hope to catch up with the Avatar, we must move quickly." Zuko told his uncle as he focused on his quest to capture the Avatar and returning him to the Fire Nation. 'Only then will my banishment be lifted. Only then will I have my honor returned to me. Only then can I continue my life.'
 
"We will be leaving soon. I doubt that the hospitality of Commander Zhao will continue to be... as nice as it has been. Still the Ginseng Tea was quite delicious." Iroh said, with his natural good humor. A counter to his nephew's constant bad mood.
 
Zuko looked to his uncle to answer him, but something happened to stop that. Steel chains started to wrap around Zuko, binding him. Encased in a cloak of steel, Zuko looked at the source of the chain. There was a young man dressed in white robes with symbols on them. He had long hair and something shiny on the top of his head. The chains were coming from the sleeves of his robes, which were hiding his hands.
 
"I got you now, Saotome. Prepare for defeat as I free my beloved Shampoo from your demonic clutches!" the figure spoke as he pulled on the chains to bring Zuko closer to him.
 
Zuko was furious. Flame shot from his nose in two small flumes. "Unhand me now, and I may spare you. I am not this Saotome person. I am Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation and you are getting in my way!" Zuko struggled to get out of the chains, but they bound him fast. With his legs and arms bound, he couldn't even use any firebending to make this person wish he had never met Zuko.
 
"Is that some kind of trick, Saotome? Changing your voice so that I think that you are someone else. That might work on Ryoga, but I am too clever for that." the figure said as he pulled with a sharp tug. Which slid the shiny things, turning out to be glasses, on his face. The figure blinked a few times. "Who are you and where is Saotome?
 
'Great, I'm being held prisoner by a blind idiot!' Zuko thought as he tried to get out. Then the chains seemed to move off him as they were pulled back into the figure's sleeves. Finally free, Zuko moved into attack position. Ready to attack with no quarter given, as was the Firebender's way. But Zuko was tapped on his shoulder.
 
"I would like to talk to you, young man. Perhaps we could help each other." Iroh said as he moved to greet the young man.
 
"Uncle!" Zuko asked, trying to figure out what his uncle was up to again. Which happened at least once a day, given his strange behavior.
 
"Trust me, Prince Zuko." Iroh whispered to his nephew. "I am General Iroh of the Fire Nation and this is my nephew, Prince Zuko. Who might you be?"
 
"I am Mousse of the Strong Hero Woman Tribe. Master of the art of hidden weapons. I seem to be in a strange land." Mousse said looking around at the scenery around him. "I am looking for the love of my life, Shampoo, the Champion of my Tribe. She has been tricked into marriage by the evil Ranma Saotome. I just know that they are out there, somewhere. As long as they are together, my beloved is at risk."
 
"Perhaps we can help you look, for we are on a mission ourselves. To find a powerful fugitive known as the Avatar. A powerful bender and fighter. But with the skills that you have at binding people, you might be able to hold him for us." Iroh said, his nephew finally understanding his idea. "Of course, sailing around looking for this fugitive, we hear many things. Perhaps even word about your beloved and the criminal that has a hold on her. My nephew and my crew would also be willing to aid you in rescuing your beloved if you were to help us."
 
Mousse smiled and nodded. "Perhaps we could discuss this in more detail elsewhere. But I think that we might have a deal." He moved out his hand and took Iroh's in his.
 
Zuko and Iroh sat down on the floor of the ship in complete confusion. Before them, where Mousse had been sitting was now a white duck... wearing glasses. Mousse had been explaining the fact that he had a curse that turned him from human to duck when he was splashed with cold water. He had also said that he turned back to human with hot water.
 
'But this is impossible. I have never heard about cursed water that can turn you into other things. It doesn't make sense, yet here it is.' Zuko thought as he tried to think about the information that Mousse had told him. 'It does make his suggestion that he is from another world make more sense. I couldn't believe that he hadn't heard of the war, the Fire Nation or firebending. But this makes it more believable.'
 
"So you turn into a duck." Zuko said, still dumbfounded. Mousse quacked.
 
"And hot water turns you back?" Iroh said, as he moved to spray Mousse with hot water. For a second, they had a naked Mousse. But a few quick movements later, he was dressed again.
 
'More of that hidden weapons combat style.' Zuko thought. That had been a sticking point with Zuko. With that combat style, Mousse could easily capture the Avatar and gain the credit from Zuko. 'If he captured the Avatar by himself, he might try to bring the Avatar to my father himself. But if he is from another world... I might be able to convince him to let me keep the Avatar. As long as I can deliver this Ranma and Shampoo.'
 
'Besides, I might be able to discover the secret behind this hidden weapons style. And learn to use it for my own purposes.' Zuko thought. However, he said, "So, do you become helpless in your cursed form?"
 
"I can still use my hidden weapons to fight, but because of my size I have trouble manipulating the more massive items. Mostly, I just use my throwing knives in that form.
Fortunately, I have plenty of those knives to use." Mousse explained. "But Ranma and Shampoo also have curses. Ranma turns into a female version of himself. It is slightly shorter and has red hair in a pigtail rather than the black hair he has in his male form. Shampoo turns into a light pink furred cat." Zuko thought about the two strangers that Mousse had told him about. Both were, as Mousse had told them, skilled in the combat arts. Ranma seemed to be normal enough with the exception of the strange garb that he would be wearing.
 
But Shampoo was the more strange one from Mousse's description. She would be wearing strange garbs, but she also had two noticeable features. Red eyes and natural purple hair. 'If anything else, that last part will make her easier to find.' Zuko thought. "So we are agreed?"
 
"I help you catch this bald monk with arrows tattooed on his body and you help me save Shampoo. I agree to help as long as our goals are in agreement." Mousse said as he reached to shake Zuko's hand.
 
"Uncle, tell the men to set sail for the Avatar's last location." Zuko said as he looked at his new crew mate. "Perhaps, you can show me your fighting style."
 
Sokka studied the map that they had brought with them in their travels, alternating between scrutinizing the landscape beneath them and pouring over the details in the map. Finally he came to his conclusion, "You have no idea where you are going, do you?" Sokka looked around at the others. Ranma was sitting at the back with Sokka on one side and Shampoo on the other. Cologne was sitting next to Katara as Katara did some mending. Aang was sitting upon Appa's head holding the reigns.
 
"Weeeellll, I know that it's near water..." Aang said.
 
Ranma looked down to see what they were flying over. "Well, judging from the view, we must be getting closer." Ranma said as he looked up. Aang turned to look at Katara, while Momo did the same from the safety of Aang's left shoulder.
 
"Momo, marble please!" Momo dove into Aang's shirt and pulled out a marble which he gave to Aang. Cupping his hands over the marble, Aang smiled and called out, "Hey Katara, check out this cool air bending trick.", as he lifted his hands up. The marble began to spin in mid-air as it floated in the middle of Aang's hands, not touching them. Ever eager to use his airbending,
 
Aang grinned happily at Katara. Surprised Ranma and Shampoo look up at amazement at the floating marble, even Cologne smiled as she watched from her seat.
 
However, Katara was too busy working on her mending to look at Aang. Without even paying attention, she replied, "That's great, Aang."
 
Cologne noticed Aang's look of dejection from hearing the off hand response of the young waterbending girl. "You didn't even look. he said, pouting.
 
'So this young boy has a crush on the waterbending girl.' Cologne watched as Katara turned to watch Aang... who had by now stopped doing his trick. 'It should help him train if I use it right. If the two older teens are right, he will need to become well trained to stop this war that we have become entangled in.'
 
Looking from over his map Sokka lazily said Aang, don't you know that women need to take their time when they're doing their sewing and stuff? That got the attention of his sister and the two Amazons. Each held a look of annoyance and anger on their faces. Katara was about to speak up when Cologne beat her to it. "Perhaps you can explain what being female has to do with being able to sew?"
 
"Simple, girls are better at fixing pants than guys. And guys are better at hunting, fighting and things like that. It's the natural order of things." Sokka said, with his eyes closed and lying back, thus completely missing the reaction of the women.
 
Katara smiled with an evil grin. "All done with your pants! And look at what a great job I did!" she said as she tossed the pants to Sokka, a glare on her face. They landed in a heap on his head.
 
"Wait! I...I was just kidding! I can't wear these!" Sokka said as he stuck his arm through a hole in the butt of the pants. "Katara, Please!"
 
Shampoo turned to look at Sokka, a dark look in her eyes. Sokka was feeling a little nervous at that glare. "Perhaps you need to be taught that girls can do anything that boys can do, like beating a certain male to an inch of his life."
 
"You'd better apologize if you know what's good for you. I have seen Shampoo teach that kind of lesson." Ranma said, looking a little uneasy. He still had his sexist streak that he had learnt from his father, but with the women that he had to deal with, he was learning to be more open minded.
 
"We're here!" Aang said excitedly as they arrived at a beach on an island.
 
Moments later...
 
The six of them stood on the sands of an island beach. Snow capped mountains rose in the distance. It was a breath taking image. "We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?" Sokka asked, trying to keep everyone on task. The rest of the group agreed with Sokka, but Cologne was trying to get a grasp on Aang from his behavior. 'He is supposed to be the most powerful person on the planet. From Katara's description, he is the incarnation of the spirit of the planet, yet he is very childlike in his behavior.' She watched him point to what looked like giant koi or `Elephant Koi as Aang said. Stripping, he headed to the water to ride the large fish.
 
The teens were interested in the fact that Aang was riding the large fish. To Cologne it looked like the windsurfing that she had seen on the television in her home universe. She noticed that Aang was trying to get the attention of Katara.
 
'The male displays in front of the female, trying to get her attention.' Cologne thought, Katara on the other hand headed to look after Appa. 'And is shot down.' It was then that Cologne noticed that she was being watched. They all were. She looked over at Ranma, who nodded when she looked at him. Walking over to Ranma and Shampoo she whispered discreetly.
 
I take it that the two of you have noticed our admirers."
 
"What should we do old ghoul?" Ranma asked.
 
Meanwhile...
 
Sokka noticed a shadow beneath the waves following the Elephant Koi. Yelling out, "Aang, there's something in the water!" The shadow moved closer to the koi that Aang was riding. The three martial artists took note as Katara came running up to her brother.
 
"What's wrong?" Katara asked.
 
"It looks like Aang is in trouble." Ranma said, before yelling Aang's name. The rest of the group started to yell and scream to Aang, but Aang didn't seem to notice as he rode the Elephant Koi only to be bucked off a moment later. Floating in the water, he turned and screamed as he noticed the giant fin heading straight towards him!
 
Quickly jumping out of the water Aang bent the currents of air above the water and pushed himself forward. Creating cushions of air beneath his feet he sprinted over the water towards the shore looking back only to see if his mysterious pursuer was still following. Panic seized him as he saw a fin the size of a small hut gaining on him, adrenaline pushing him faster towards the safety of the shore.
 
Hitting the shore at a personal best, Aang realized a slight problem with his current speed and mode of transportation. I can't stop! Only after running into Sokka, knocking the Water tribesman into the air and then hitting a tree did Aang stop. The fin seeing its meal escape turned and headed out for deeper water.
 
The rest of the group headed into the tree line where they saw Aang dressing and Sokka dusting himself off.
 
"What was that?" Ranma asked, curious about the creature that he had just saw. Nodding silently to Cologne they knew that this would be the best time for an ambush. Their plans would soon have to be called into action.
 
"I don't know." Aang replied, looking at the group.
 
"Let's not stick around to find out, time to hit the road again." Sokka said just as the group of warriors dropped in from above.