Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Avatar ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and Nickelodeon. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to them. This is a fan fiction, and is not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma 1/2 and Avatar: The Last Airbender series. I have no money for legal problems and would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much.
 
Thanks to AYH for the content editing and some extra ideas. Another thanks to Cylon One for the spelling and grammar editing for these revised chapters.
 
Wild Avatar
By HVulpes
Chapter Three
 
Ranma had agreed with Cologne that the best thing they could do was allow themselves to be captured. He didn't like it and would have preferred to fight the enemy, but knew that Cologne was a tricky one. A person who could make plans in case of anything, and given that they were in a new world, he decided to follow her lead. Even so he was grinding his teeth.
 
'We can beat anyone that comes after us. But it's like Pop says, sometimes it's best to look weak while being strong.' The warriors that captured them were skilled. They caught Momo in a bag, pulled Katara's hood over her head, grabbed Sokka from behind and Aang with his shirt. Ranma and Shampoo just let themselves be grabbed and taken.
 
They were bound and blindfolded. Landing hard on the ground, Ranma could tell that they were surrounded by the warriors in green. Of course, Sokka decided to make a crack about the situation. "Ugggh... Or we can stay a while."
 
It was a while later that they found themselves tied to a pole. Ranma could sense someone else out there with the warriors. An older person, most likely an elder. "You three have some explaining to do!" came the voice of an old man.
 
"And if you don't answer all of our questions, we're throwing you back into the water with the Unagi." came the voice of a young woman, a teenager from the sound of it.
 
"Show yourselves, cowards!" Sokka cried out as he shook his head trying to get rid of his blindfold. It was then that they had their blindfolds removed. What they saw was an old man in blue with at least five young girls dressed in the same kind of uniform, a green outfit that had black pads and gold highlights. Their faces were painted with complex make up, white faces with red lips and highlighted eyes. Fans were tucked into their waistbands.
 
Sokka strained at the ropes that were holding them, trying to get out of the hold they had on him. "Who are you? Where are the men that ambushed us?" That seemed to anger the girl who looked to be the leader of the girls.
 
Ranma and his group could tell from their stances that these were warriors. "Sokka, I think that these are the 'men' that ambushed us. They move around like they know what they're doin'." Ranma said as he looked at the woman.
 
That seemed to give him a look of respect. 'Your friend, at least, isn't as stupid. Maybe we should just feed you to the Unagi.' She was holding onto Sokka's shirt.
 
"No, don't mind Sokka. He's just an idiot at times. He didn't mean it." Katara said, trying to save her brother.
 
"It's all my fault. I brought them here. I just wanted to ride the Elephant Koi." Aang said. Ranma had to respect that Aang was trying to save his friends.
 
The elder pointed at Aang. "How do we know that you are not Fire Nation spies? So far, Kyoshi has stayed out of the war. We intend to keep it that way!"
 
Something of what the elder said sparked a look of surprise and interest in Aang. "This island is named after Kyoshi? I know Kyoshi!" Aang said excitedly.
 
This seemed to get an angry reaction from the elder. "Ha! How could you possibly know her? Avatar Kyoshi was born here four hundred years ago. She has been dead for centuries!"
 
Aang looked at the elder for a few minutes before he spoke again. "I know her because I'm the Avatar!"
 
The looks on the faces of the people of Kyoshi were filled with shock and disbelief. It looked like they were having trouble believing that Aang was an airbender much less the Avatar reborn. The head female warrior started to shake her fist. "That is impossible! The last Avatar was an airbender that disappeared one hundred years ago!" she called out to the sextet that had been captured.
 
Ranma looked at Cologne, trying to read her reaction. Cologne shook her head and then turned her eyes to Aang. 'Looks like the Old Ghoul thinks that Aang-sensei can get us out of this mess.' Ranma thought as he started to watch Aang for his next move.
 
"That's me." Aang answered the elder, impressing on the elder that he was the Avatar. He even smiled a little.
 
The elder just took a few moments to answer. "Throw these imposters to the unagi!" He then started to leave the group. The female warriors started to approach them, moving smoothly into a fighting stance. Each warrior opening their fans, one in each hand. Ranma decided to get ready to move so that he could fight back. Shampoo was ready to follow her Airen into battle, but Cologne spoke up.
 
"Aang, I believe that a demonstration of your abilities is needed for these nice people, so do some airbending." Cologne suggested still as cool as a northern wind. Aang suddenly broke free from the ropes, much as Shampoo and Ranma were going to do. He leapt high into the air until he was level with the statue of the Avatar Kyoshi, several stories up from where the rest of the group was tied to a pole. Then as gentle as a feather, he floated down from his high perch, slowly landing on his feet.
 
They all watched as Aang pulled out something from his clothing. "Now watch this." he said as he pulled out his domed hands. Pulling his hands away from each other, he revealed his floating marble trick. The sphere floated in mid air and started to spin in a circle.
 
The crowd went wild in amazement, roaring with cheering. One man even started to foam at the mouth with excitement, slowly losing control over his body before collapsing onto the ground. All the while he was screaming his head off.
 
"Shampoo doesn't get it. That trick isn't that good. Why is everyone going crazy over that little floating marble?" Shampoo whispered to the rest of them tied to the pole. Ranma could only shrug his shoulders. He had to agree with what Shampoo said. Turning to Cologne he noticed that she was smiling with her most mysterious smile. The one that she used when she knew something that everyone else didn't know.
 
"I don't get it." Sokka said as he watched the event unfold. He looked as surprised at the reaction to the marble trick as Shampoo did.
 
"Well, it looks like we're out of trouble for now." Katara said, smiling at Aang's actions.
Waiting a few minutes, Ranma asked, "Do ya think that they will get around ta untying us soon? I'm just curious if I have ta break free of the ropes or would that be rude?"
 
"Just give them a few minutes to react to this news, and then we can worry about getting free." Cologne said, adding; "Besides I think that they needed this."
 
Ranma watched the people of Kyoshi go crazy as they discovered that the Avatar had returned to the world. The crowd was still going crazy over the marble trick. As Ranma watched, one little girl started to run to what looked like a harbor. For some reason this was giving Ranma a sense of dread. 'But how can one little girl cause us any trouble.' Ranma thought trying to shake the feeling from his head. The fact that some of the villagers had just noticed them and were heading to untie them helped. But still Ranma had to wonder what could go wrong.
 
Shampoo was shopping for supplies with the one that was called Katara, one of the new friends that she had made in this world. Food and drink would be needed, more than if it would be just Aang and the water siblings.
 
'Plus Shampoo, Great grandmother and Ranma will need new clothes and equipment to survive in this world. Many of the animals are beyond bizarre, being composed of two or more beasts in one. The plants are also similar yet not the same.' Shampoo thought to herself.
 
The friendliness of the people of Kyoshi was surprising, especially with regard to Aang. 'Shampoo could not believe that the people of this island would serve us dessert for breakfast. Or that Aang would develop his own fan club with the younger girls of the community.' Shampoo blushed a little at the thought. 'It is a little like Ranma in Nerima, but without all of the fighting. The fact that Katara had blown a raspberry when Aang left with them caused Shampoo to smile.
 
"So Katara, what do you think of this dress?" Shampoo asked as she came out. Shampoo was dressed in a tight cotton dress that was cut in much the same manner as the people of Kyoshi, which was much like the dress of the Water Tribes, all in a shade of blue.
 
"It's lovely, Shampoo. I am sure that it will suit you during the trip. So will those clothes that you got for Ranma and Cologne. By the way, where are they?" Katara asked, her eyebrow rising.
 
"Ranma is on the edge of town, practicing what he has learnt from Aang so far. Given how Aang has been acting on this stop, Ranma thinks that he might not be able to teach him much." Shampoo thought to the demonstrations that Aang had given Ranma about airbending.
 
'Ranma is skilled at learning martial arts, figuring out the next step to a move, seeing the structure of the movements. He is a prodigy in his field, plus he has a teacher. Shampoo's learning curve is lessened by the fact she doesn't even know what earthbending is supposed to look like.' Shampoo thought sadly.
 
"Yeah, simple monk..." Katara mumbled as she thought about Aang's words. Shampoo remembered that Katara had warned Aang about getting a big head with all of the special treatment. Aang replied that he was just a 'simple monk' to reassure her. "Still that leaves my brother and your great grandmother."
 
"Shampoo does not know where Sokka went, but great grandmother was interested in the training style of the women warriors of this island. The fact that this island is protected by warrior women is a bit like being at home in the village." Shampoo told the other girl.
"Do you think that your great grandmother could teach me more of that Tai Chi? The martial art that she said was like waterbending." Katara asked, her mood perking up as she pulled out another outfit that might be of interest for Shampoo.
 
"Shampoo believes so. Great grandmother does love to teach others in the ways of combat. Normally, she only teaches those that are part of the tribe or will be entered into the tribe. But the fact that you are doing the tribe's business by helping us should make the rules more flexible. Great grandmother knows many Amazon moves that are based on the elements, both with the Chinese and Japanese elements." Shampoo told Katara.
 
"Chinese and Japanese?" Katara asked curious. She had never heard of those places, but she knew that they were part of the world that Shampoo came from.
 
"China is a nation on my world where Shampoo comes from. It is part of the mainland of a major land mass, much like how you explained the Earth Kingdom to us. Japan is the nation where Ranma comes from and is like the Fire Nation lands. Each has a different take on the five elements." Shampoo explained, trying on another dress. She had just come out of a part of the store that was more private so that she could show off the new dress that she had chosen. It was private but allowed for people to talk to each other while one was changing.
 
"Five elements? But there are only four elements. There have always been four elements. What do you mean by five elements?" Katara asked, looking interested.
 
"The Chinese believe in five linking elements, one for each direction of the compass and one for centre. They each have a guardian. Fire, metal, wood, earth, and water. The Japanese believe in five ascending elements going from earth through water to fire then air and finally the void element. The void is the element of the divine and holds everything and nothing at the same time." Shampoo saw the confusion on Katara's face, as if Shampoo had broken her.
 
"Great grandmother has many water combat skills that you can try to use." Shampoo said, hoping that this might make Katara feel better.
 
Sokka walked up to a little house that was placed within a group of evergreen trees. Mumbling Girls" to himself, he took a peek inside the building. Inside were the female warriors of Kyoshi Island, as well as Cologne who was watching them. The girls were going through a series of slow motions involving a pair of metal fans.
 
Grinning, Sokka placed his hands above his head and walked into the building. "Sorry, ladies. Didn't mean to interrupt your dance lesson." replied the male Water Tribesman with a hint of arrogance. He began to stretch his arms and waist. "I was just looking for a place to do a little workout." Sokka then bent over and grabbed his knees.
 
"Well, Young Sokka, you are in the right place. This is an excellent place to train warriors." Cologne said a hint of humor in her voice.
 
"I am sorry about yesterday. I didn't know that you were friends with the Avatar." Suki said, her voice proving that she was truly sorry about the capture of Sokka and the rest.
 
"It's alright. I mean, normally I would hold a grudge, but seeing as you guys are just a bunch of girls, I'll make an exception." Sokka said rather flippantly while continuing to stretch himself as he spoke. Suki turned to look at the elder Amazon for a second. Cologne just smiled and nodded.
 
Suki spoke, her voice rich in sarcasm, "I should hope so, a big strong man like you? We wouldn't stand a chance."
 
"True, but don't feel bad. I'm the best warrior in my whole village." Sokka said, still arrogant and sexist about his abilities.
 
Suki leaned in close to Sokka and smiled. "Wow! Best warrior, huh? In your whole village? Maybe you would be kind enough to give us a little demonstration?"
 
This stopped Sokka in his tracks. Then as modestly as possible he said, "Oh... well... I mean... I...
 
"Come on, Sokka. I am sure that the girls would love to see you in action. I am myself curious about the skills of the Water Tribe's warriors. Perhaps I will see something else that will remind this old lady of home." Cologne said, looking to the girls that were in the room. The girls giggled and nodded in a way to show that they were interested in seeing Sokka fight as well.
 
Sokka walked towards Suki. "Well, if that is what you want, I'll be happy to. All right, you stand over there." Sokka said as he grabbed Suki's shoulders and tried to push her back. But Suki didn't move something that Sokka didn't notice. "This might be a little tough, but try to block me" Sokka said as he threw a punch at Suki. Suki blocked it without effort then effortlessly thrust her fan into his shoulder. The look on her face was one of disinterest and confidence.
 
Sokka rubbed his shoulder as he said, "Heh heh... good. Of course, I was going easy on you."
 
"Of course." Suki said, more to humor Sokka than anything else.
 
"Let's see if you can handle this!" Sokka said, as he lunged at Suki. Suki caught him under his legs and then flipped him over to the door. Landing roughly on his butt Sokka's face filled with anger, "That does it!"
 
Getting up he lunged again at his foe. Suki simply grabbed his arms and spun him around in circles, then tying his arm to his foot with his own belt she finally threw him to the floor.
Suki stood over Sokka laughing, "Is there anything else that you want to teach us?" she said as she continued to laugh. The rest of the girls were also laughing as was Cologne. Sokka just blushed in humiliation.
 
As Sokka left the training house his mood turned darker. Seeing this Cologne left to follow him. Sokka had just gone a little into the woods, kicking the occasional rock when a voice came from behind him "I see that the injuries to your ego are quite serious, sonny. Sokka jumped as he turned to see Cologne standing on her staff as she looked at him.
 
"Still it is good that it has happened. Perhaps you have increased your wisdom?" Cologne asked, using her staff to pogo a bit closer.
 
"What? That I was beaten by some dumb girls? It's nothing." Sokka said glumly as he took a seat on a large tree root. "I mean they just used some kind of dirty trick to cheat. That's all."
 
"Actually they were using a form of martial arts. Many martial arts in my world have the ability to use the strength and aggression of the attacker against them, including the art that your sister practices. With those skills, you can defeat someone stronger and bigger than you in a simplistic manner." Cologne said, adding, "So cheating is not the word I would use. The word would be your ignorance."
 
"Ignorant? Me?" Sokka said getting worked up by her accusations, frustration clearly in his eyes as Cologne continued.
 
"You underestimated your opponent because she was a woman. Ranma has a bit of the same problem. He doesn't like fighting girls if he can help it as he doesn't like seeing girls hurt. Ranma, however, knows that women can be powerful warriors and if he wants to defeat them he must respect them like that." Cologne said as she took out a tea set and started to drink down a cup of the warm liquid. Though to tell the truth he still has a long way to go before he can respect any opponent he faces as an equal.
 
"One of the greatest pieces of advice my grandmother gave me was to believe that if I had to misjudge my opponent, it was best to believe him better than me rather than believe him weaker. If I would do that, I would be prepared for the worst, but pleasantly surprised if things turned out for the best." Cologne smiled as she looked at Sokka.
 
"So what do I do now? I know that the girls are better than me. But how do I get over that?" Sokka asked starting to calm down.
 
"You could ask the girls to teach you, if you want to improve your combat experience." Cologne said, as she mentally counted down the time till the explosion.
 
"WHAT! You expect me to go crawling back to them, after I humiliated myself in front of them!" Sokka exploded.
 
"Ranma has discovered that sometimes you have to swallow your pride to become better, though it's always been like pulling teeth for him. Besides, all you have to do is show the girls some respect and be willing to swallow that overwhelming pride of yours and they should be willing to aid you in your quest to improve yourself." Cologne said, finishing up her tea. Smiling she added, "Or if you are not willing to train as a man, I could give you a female point of view with a temporary water curse like Ranma's."
 
Sokka paled as an image of himself, looking a lot like a mature version of his sister appeared in his mind. The fact that the image had larger breasts than his sister's also kept him quiet for a few minutes. "You know, humility is a virtue. Just give me a few minutes before I try it. Okay?" Sokka got up and slowly moved away from Cologne. The elder honestly tried to suppress the giggle that was coming up her throat. A few cackles did get out though.