Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Avatar ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and Nickelodeon. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to them . This is a fan fiction, and is not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma 1/2 and Avatar:The Last Airbender series. I have no money for legal problemsand would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much.

Wild Avatar

By HVulpes

Chapter Ten

Hours slipped by as the group avoided detection and made secret passages using earthbending before finally finding themselves in a vast underground coliseum that held their friends. Aang was standing in front of a man in a goofy robe looking like he was bent over with age in a way that reminded Ranma of both Cologne and Happosai. The balcony before them was next to the one that Aang and the old man that must be the king stood Katara and Sokka were also there trapped in crystals of green and blue that seemed to be growing by the second. Ranma was about to move to counter the actions of the made king when he was stopped by Cologne.

"I think that there is more to this then what we are seeing as I think that the king's madness is more cleverness than dementia. I want to see what the king is planning before we have to find a way to fight out of a palace filled with guards and earthbenders." Cologne said as she motioned him to stay in the shadows of the hallway that they used to keep out of sight as they watched the action.

Ranma watched as the king told Aang that the final task was dual between an opponent of his choosing, which could be anyone on the balcony that the Avatar stood on. Noticing that the two men that approached the Avatar looked like trained fighters the new airbender figured out which choice would be the wrong one. He thought to himself, 'Aang you can't choose the king. That's what he wants you ta do, cause he's going to be like the old ghoul or the pervert and be some kind of super fighter.' But Aang made the wrong choice and the king soon revealed himself to be solid muscle gained from being the most powerful earthbender in the entire city. Ranma could only shake his head in remembrance of all of the times he faced old timers, only to discover that they were super masters of the martial arts. The King knocked Aang into the ring and the fight began between the two of them.

The dual gender boy noticed that Cologne had moved forward to the two members of the Water Tribes and pulled them back to the locations that they were hiding shushing them before they could speak as she tried to keep them quite. The old woman spoke in a whisper, "Shampoo keep an eye on the king and see how he is earthbending. Memorize that so that you can do it later when we have the time. Sokka, Katara, I am glad that we managed to find you."

"Are we glad to see you! Do you think that you can get us out of these crystals?” Sokka asked immediately as he was trying to keep from falling over from the weight of the crystal. Ranma noticed that while Katara's crystals had grown heavier on the bottom than the top, Sokka's crystal had grown in the opposite direction. It would have been humorous if it wasn't the fact that crystals looked like it was going to smother them in rocks.

"I'm more worried about Aang, he's fighting the king and it looks like the king is an expert earthbender." Katara said as she looked over at the battle that was occurring between wind and land. Shampoo was also keeping her eyes on the action as the two bending styles collided.

"I am more curious about the king’s pervious actions, if I was to know that I might be able to come up with a plan to free all of us. Then I might be able to use a variant of an Amazon technique called the breaking point to shatter the crystal at it's weakest point." Cologne answered as she waited for the answers that she wanted from the brother and sister. Ranma turned back to the fight while that was going on.

First the king tried throwing boulders at him as Aang dodged the attacks as a Ba Gua user would have normally avoid the attacks of another martial artist, before the young man was hit by stones knocked loose from the ceiling. The arrow headed boy lost his staff as the king then started to turn and stomp as pillars of rock blocked the boy's way before the boy had been hit by a pillar and launched into the air. Ranma had been watching the king long enough to recognize the martial arts style that the king was performing, 'It's Hung Gar, just as the old ghoul said. That is good ta know since now I know all of the fighting styles of the different elements. That gives me an edge since I known the basics of those schools and can predict the actions of these fighters even if I don't know how the element parts work except for the airbending that Aang taught me.'

The Avatar countered that by bending a ball of wind beneath him and riding it, a trick that Ranma really liked since it helped you move over a good distance of land when used right and could give you a boost of speed when you needed it. Plus it was so much fun to use which was only a bonus when it came to something connected to martial arts. The arrow boy rode on the walls of the arena that they were in till he was close enough to launch a gale force blast at the king, that had Ranma holding back a "Go get'em, Aang! “ But the king managed to block that attack with a wall of stone that diverted the wind, before popping up from behind it to make a remark about it being drafty in there due to an open window.

Aang left his air ball as the king kicked the earth once again to cause the earth in front of him to rise as a solid sheet of earth that had Ranma impressed, 'I guess that I'll have to be careful if I fight an earthbender and make sure that he doesn't lift the land that I'm fighting on.' It also gave him an idea about how powerful Shampoo could be if she managed to become a master with her natural element. The rock sheet was thrown at Aang causing him to retreat closer to the other side of the arena than the one that the King was standing at. Then the leader of Omashu stomped his foot causing a minor tremor that force the Avatar to do a back flipped that forced him to the very rear of the forum. Aang was now looking like he was going to loose this fight.

"How are you going to get me from way over there?" The king asked as he looked confident of his next move.

Aang had a determined look on his face and began to run at his foe with superhuman speed that Ranma wished that he could learn to duplicate, since one of the aspects the he was still perfecting was his speed. But the king used the side of his foot to sweep across the land, which seemed to have the effect of turning the ground that Aang was running on into something that resembled quicksand. The young Avatar fell into the sand trap slowly sinking into the ground. The danger only grew as the ruler sent two more boulders to smash the young man on either side.

But the airbender managed to give the king the slip as he focused what little air that had been trapped along with his body beneath him and shoot himself into the air, unleashing another blast of wind that knocked the leader and his stone sheet he stood on back against the wall of the arena. The King then raised the stone that he had just used to try and smash the Avatar and pulled it out towards the arrow headed boy. The young boy saw it in time and did a back flip that barely allowed him to get up and over the floating boulder. The effect looked like it was going to hit the king but the king used his earthbending ability to smash it to pieces much like a breaking point attack. Then the ruler then lifted the entire gate of arena to throw at Aang.

The arrow boy screamed out in shock as he began to run around in circle with his superhuman speed. Creating a whirlwind he took in the thrown mound of earth and threw it back at the leader of the city. Unflinching the King brought his hands together and threw them apart, ripping the giant stone into two halves. But from the other side of the stone came the Avatar as he pinned the king with his staff. Of course Ranma could tell that they king had won as one half of the large earth mound floated over the two of them in a way that would have crushed them if it fell.

'It's just like me whenever I fight against one of the old-timers, they always use some kind of tricky fighting style that seems ta pull out an upset victory. That means that the king's not so crazy, which means he has a mind like the old ghoul, and that means that his after something, but what? ' Ranma thought to himself as he noticed that Aang had discovered the rock over his head.

"Hehe! Well done, Avatar. You fight with much fire in your heart." The king told the arrow boy as the he moved the rock to the side of the arena. The ruler then fell backwards into the dirt floor of the forum and disappeared underground leaving only a king shaped hole.

"Huh?" wondered several young people watching.

It was then that the king arrived at on the balcony that the Water Tribesmen and the Nerima crew were standing on, causing a little smile to cross his face as the Avatar used his staff to reach the balcony. The Avatar looked surprised to see the other trio on the balcony. The king spoke, "So Avatar you have some resourceful friends or I have some poor guards. Well, you have passed my test and you friends will be freed if you can answer my question."

"That's not fair! You said you would release my friends if I finished you test!" Aang said with a hint at anger at being pulled around and Ranma was going to agree when Cologne spoke.

"I think that it might be a good idea to listen to the king, at least for now." Cologne told them as she gave a wink to the air nomad.

"The beautiful lady is right." The king gave his own wink at Cologne making her blush and Ranma and Shampoo feel a little ill. "Besides what's the point of test if you don't learn anything?"

"So what's the question? Might as well get this done with," Ranma replied trying to figure out what it was that Cologne was planning; he hated having to be between two old people with crazy ideas. At least he knew that Cologne or Shampoo could find a way to break the crystal if they needed to.

"Answer this one question and I will set your friends free. What is my name?" That stunned everyone but Cologne as the king told them that they didn't have very much time before the crystals caused a fatality.

The sextet looked at each other in confusion as Aang said, "How am I supposed to know his name?"

Katara spoke next with an idea about how to learn it, "Think about the challenges, maybe it's some kind of riddle."

"Perhaps it is something that you already know but have forgotten," Cologne said as she looked like she knew something. But most of the others were still focused on the name to notice.

"I got it!” Sokka said as he explained his answer, "He's an earthbender, right? Rocky! You know, because of all of the rocks… “A moment of stunned silence followed as everyone contemplated on how bad a guess that was.

Katara give the official answer of, "That’s an interesting answer but let’s keep that as a back up for now, any other ideas?”

The Avatar looked thoughtful as he went over his most recent memories, "Okay, so back to the challenges. I got a key from the waterfall, I saved his pet, and I had a dual."

"What did you learn young one?" Cologne asked him as they all put their heads together.

"Well, everything was different than I expected." Aang told them as they saw the crystal grow over the cheek of the water girl as she asked the arrow boy to continue. "They weren't straightforward; to solve each test I had to think differently than I usually would."

"Remind you of anyone, Aang?” Cologne asked as she saw the recognition on his face as he exclaimed that he knew his name. Ranma was trying to wonder how it was that Aang knew the king's name or how Cologne seemed to know it also. From her questions, the tone of her voice, and the look on her face she knew who the king was.

Shampoo was the one to speak up first, "So who is the king? What is his name? How do Aang and Great grandmother know his name anyway?"

In the throne room of the King...

"I solved the question the same way that I solved the challenges, with a little help from my friends." said the Avatar looking at Cologne who just gave a smile. He continued to say, "As you said long time ago, you have to open your mind to the possibilities." The king giggled and snorted as he heard the air nomad's words.

"Bumi, you're a mad genius!" Aang said as he ran to over to his hundred year old friend, with a look of joy on his face as he found a piece of his past returned to him. Ranma couldn't believe that the old mad king was the same crazy friend that Aang had told them about. But it made sense when he thought of the challenges and the inventive use of the delivery chutes, which showed off the strange mind of Bumi. Cologne had agreed with the Avatar's opinion of who the King was as well once they had been told.

"Oh Aang, it's good to see you again. You haven't changed a bit. Literally." The King seemed to enjoy seeing his friend after all of this time and the rumors of his vanishing for a hundred years. Ranma could tell that they were bonding after a long time. Bumi rubbed the head of his shorter friend.

Ranma looked over his shoulder as Cologne was looking over the crystals that were holding their two other friends prisoner, before she made a quick stab with each finger like the Breaking Point move. The crystal instead of exploding with the regular breaking point merely shattered and fell to the ground. Ranma looked surprised at that action as all of the breaking points that he had seen Ryoga perform had created explosions of earth and stone that explained the need of the thick skin the technique created. Cologne turned and looked at him, "You're not the only one that could take a technique and revise it into something else Son-in-law."

Bumi turned and looked at the elder Amazon, "Are you an earthbender cutie?" He looked at Cologne with a look of desire that shocked Ranma and those assembled.

"No, I was just using a technique of my tribe that only resembles earthbending. Thanks for the compliment though, handsome. I might be tempted to spend some time with you if it wasn't for the fact that we need to get Aang to the North Pole as well as look for a way for Ranma, my great granddaughter, and myself to get home to our own world." Cologne said smiling at the male attention that she was getting from the king. Ranma was turning a little green at the aspect of thinking about Cologne sexually.

Bumi picked up a piece of the crystal that had been holding the brother and sister and took a bit out of it. "Genemite is made of rock candy, delicious." The King took a second bite before offering it to everyone gathered. They all rejected it except for Cologne who mentioned that she could go for something sweet.

"So this crazy old guy is your old friend Aang?" Ranma asked, not paying attention to the fact that he was being rather blunt to a man that controlled an army.

Bumi was annoyed at the way that Ranma had said it when he replied, "Who are you calling old?" Bumi paused for a moment before continuing, "Okay, I'm old."

"Don't worry, Son-in-law tends to lack the tact that most people have. Beside being old doesn't mean that you can't kick these youngster's butts." Cologne told the king as both lit up at the knowledge of their skills in combat.

Sokka seemed unable to hold back his confusion as he asked, "Why go to all of this trouble instead of just telling Aang who you are?" The rest of the youngsters looked at the old man with the same look of questioning as the Water Tribesman. Bumi smiled and giggle-snorted before he answered their question.

"First of all, it's pretty fun messing with people." Bumi giggle-snorted again at his joke before he became more serious and turned towards his old friend. "But I do have a reason. Aang you have a difficult task ahead of you. The world has changed in the hundred years since you were gone. It's the duty of the Avatar to return balance to the world by defeating the Fire Lord Ozai. You have much to learn, you must learn the four elements and confront the Fire Lord, and when you do I hope that you think like a mad genius."

Aang smiled, clasped his hands together in thanks and bowed before the king. Bumi continued, "You're in good hands. You will need your friends if you are going to defeat the Fire Lord." It was then that Momo leapt on the shoulders of the Avatar.

"You'll need Momo's help too. Plus the beautiful Cologne might be able to show you a few clever tricks, especially if that shattering trick is something other than earthbending." Bumi said with a smile as he advised the Avatar.

"Thank you for you wisdom. But before we leave, I have a challenge for you!" Aang said with a devilish smiled, which caused everyone else look at him.

Moments later...

Ranma couldn't believe that Aang had talked the king into riding the chutes like a super slide, doing it like they did when they were young. Ranma had just taken a ride down one of the chutes and had to admit that it was a wild ride that easily resembled one of the chases that occurred back home. It was also interesting to learn that Shampoo was apparently scared silly of high speeds. The Amazon rider of the bike of doom hung on to him screaming as if it would help protect her from any crashes that might occur. Ranma also heard from Cologne that she had asked a favor of the King to repay the master that she had stolen the techniques she taught Shampoo. She mentioned something about trying to keep good karma in this world for as long as possible, hoping that good karma might help them make it home in one piece.

The fact that the elder woman was in the chute with Bumi and Aang; holding on to the king with the same kind of grip that Shampoo had on him when they rode the super slide was something that Ranma had not expected. It was a few seconds later that the sounds of crashing and the cry of "My cabbages!" echoed through out the city. Ranma could only grin at the childish fun that was occurring.

Author's Notes:

Well, I have finished the Omashu arc. But I have also gotten the comment that this was too Avatar heavy and that I was not giving enough for Ranma to do this arc. So I am thinking about the idea of skipping the Imprisoned episode of Avatar to move on with something that deals with Ranma and the Amazon's reaction to the world they are in. One thought is the idea of bring in a new rival/enemy for Ranma, which I am thinking could be either an earthbender, firebender or non-bender. One idea is a bounty hunter being sent to hunt down the second airbender by the Fire Nation, once word reaches someone in charge like Zhao.

I was also thinking of showing more romance between Ranma and Shampoo, nothing major just yet. Only time to get to know each other better and to feel more free to express themselves in each other's presence. So it will be out of the normal Avatar canon for a little bit before I return to the episode of The Spirit World, and the major plot elements that would emerge from that episode. I am also going to show Shampoo's feline side as well as some of the troubles that can be caused by that curse in this world. A pink cat without any other animal elements in them might be as rare as Flying Bisons, and worth a lot of money to the right investor.

Since the move is happening this month, I might not get the time needed to concentrate on the next story arc or if I should skip Imprisoned. Even if I skip it, I must at least refer to it in the next chapters. That will need more thought as well. So I might not be able to produce any Wild Avatar chapters or Anime Avatar episodes until the end of May at least. I will take comments on what I should do, but I am going to have to work it out eventually.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have enjoyed it,

HVulpes