Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / DNA2 Fan Fiction ❯ DNA 1/2 ❯ DNA 1/2 ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


another The Bet fic, you have been warned...

char tm R.Takahashi & whoever did DNA^2
SPRING OF DNA^2


Toltiir, aka Puck, aka Coyote, aka a whole lot of different names, sometimes personalities and abilities, stopped walking as a new deity came up. His hackles rose, partly because his current incarnation took the form of a black tomcat, and partly because he really didn't like Loki.

Oh, admittedly, both had mischief and chaos as part of their portfolio, but they didn't exactly see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. Loki, for example, was malicious. Toltiir, in the main, preferred comedies to tragedies.

"Hmmm. THERE!" Loki flicked a finger.

"Small changes, remember?"

"Define small," pouted Loki. "For ME, this is plenty small."

The two settled into an argument, while behind them, the change rapidly went completely nuts.

-----

Karin gulped. This was bad, really, really, bad. Her time capsule had come down abruptly, she'd opened the door to check for repairs, only to be faced with this Thing that looked like a man, but that made impressive leaps, and the weapon she'd had in hand was the DNA gun.

Well, the guy was dead, having fallen into one of these odd springs, and had very impressively mutated before drowning in the pool.

Karin thought about it, then tagged a line to drag the body out of the spring. Maybe she'd gotten the right one after all, he LOOKED like the MegaPlayboy. Well, MegaSomething at least.

Arrows shooting against her time capsule caused her to back up. Maybe she got the right guy, and maybe not, but those women charging the capsule were carrying lots of melee weapons and she didn't want to fight them anyway.

A few moments later the time capsule departed. Karin Aoi went on to her assigned job. The remainder of the Musk Dynasty force returned to their Citadel after being chased off by the Amazon forces. They reported that their Spring had been corrupted, and so created a new Spring Of Drowned Girl shortly thereafter.

During one of the failed attempts, they created the Spring Of Drowned Kick-Your-Ass-Severely Amazon Warrior, but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, right? For some reason, they never used that or the other four "failures" again.

------------

"Oh SIR! Not THAT Spring!" The Guide looked on in horror, and not a little fascination. NOBODY ever fell in that Spring, and no one was quite sure what would come out of it.

"There is terrible tragic story of Musk Dynasty Mutant Warrior that drown there 200 year ago, or so say Amazons. Musk say different - that great hero ambushed and drowned there. So not sure what you turn into."

Ranma stood up, his muscles stretching his clothing to their limits. He looked down at himself, knowing from the way the clothes fit that he had to be nearly two feet taller.

"Big," he exclaimed as he looked down at himself, without any modesty at all. "Damn, I'm HUGE."

The Guide looked a little surprised. "<I really have to get this one to Amazon Village. They owe me big time for this.>"

------

"Today is fighting tournament," said the Guide, knowing full well that the tournament ran all week long as the various age categories and factions competed. "Winning tournament is good honor."

Ranma and his father wearily looked over the crowds as the breeze shifted, now blowing from behind Ranma.

All over the crowd, warriors slowed and stopped what they were doing. Many who were fierce combatants a moment ago suddenly found themselves smiling for no apparent reason.

"Pop?" Ranma started to back up. "What's going on?" He began to feel a sort of panic coming on, almost as if he were confronted with a c-c-c-cat.

[I don't know.] The panda flipped his sign over. [Maybe they're cannibals?] Some of the ones in front looked QUITE hungry.

Three of the women in the immediate vicinity had just met with the Rain & Clouds and it was a sunny day. This just from Ranma's voice...

"As Champion, I claim." Shampoo finished off her opponent quickly, then jumped off the log. She licked her lips as she looked Ranma up and down. "Ooh. He's a big fellow. Just what Shampoo needs after a tough day of beating up challengers..."

"Shampoo! I challenge you! You already have Mousse, so I claim stranger." Soap was in the 21+ unmarried trials, but she had ambitions too.

"Excuse me?" Shampoo frowned. "Take 'my' Mousse, PLEASE! Even if I could tolerate Mousse, do you think I would eat roots when I could have prime grade beefsteak?"

Mousse blinked from his position at the back of the crowd. He knew in his heart that Shampoo was his fated bride, and eventually he would win her heart. But Soap was interested?

"Oh yeah? You think you're so tough, Shampoo. Well, I challenge you for the right to claim that prize!" Soap pointed a finger at Shampoo, the old rivalry between them coming once again to a head.

Soap immediately found herself challenged by Bani Ra, who was challenged by Choco, who was yelled at by Sugar, who was slapped by Talcum. Once that occurred, the melee was inevitable.

Genma and Ranma fled, not realizing what they were fleeing from, other than they didn't like the odds.

----------

"oooh, that must be Ranma," Nabiki ran to the door, anxious to see what this person who might be her new iinazuke would look like.

Nabiki stopped after getting the door open. Her eyes widened. Her jaw dropped. Her nose twitched as a faint but extremely pleasant musk scent reached her.

"I'm...I...you...Ranma?" Nabiki blinked, adrift in some pleasant little fog that seemed so...sensual. "Well, well, I... iinazuke...er, ah, Hi?"

"Uhm, hello." Ranma wondered exactly why this was happening to him. For that matter, why did he feel so nervous around women in his cursed form?

"Hiiiiiiiii," Nabiki suddenly felt all schoolgirlish. Was her makeup right? Did he like her kimono? Was she acting too forward? Not forward enough? She blushed and tried to bow and curtsy at the same time, managing to fall instead.

Strong hands gripped her. She started to tremble as she looked past those hands to those arms. To those broad manly shoulders. To... her eyes crossed and she fainted.

"Nabiki?" Soun Tendo watched his middle daughter start stumbling over words and then faint. He'd never seen her do that before.

Ranma easily lifted her, taking the fallen girl inside at her father's direction. He was amazed how light she was in his arms.

Kasumi was coming out of the dining area when she saw Ranma. She stared, continuing to stare at the now vacant area as Ranma moved past her.

Akane glanced up, saw Ranma, and abruptly forgot she was supposed to be angry. Boys weren't so bad, after all. Doctor...whatshisname...was a man and he wasn't so bad.

"Help me set her down," Ranma asked his father, he wasn't used to dealing with people going limp like this.

Kasumi heard that Voice, and nearly fainted, having to lean against the wall for support. Her eyes sought Ranma out of their own accord. He couldn't possibly be too young...

Akane's mind hiccupped. What was she thinking about a moment ago? She realized she was all sweaty and wearing her gi and flushed with embarrasment. This was terrible! She started worrying about the impression she was making.

"That's odd, I wonder why she fainted." Soun Tendo watched Nabiki for a moment, then realized his other daughters were acting a little...strange.

"Just a minute," Ranma spotted the kitchen. "Pop, you stay here, I'm going to get some hot water."

[Right.] Genma flipped his sign around. [I'd sure like to know why this keeps happening.]

"You're..." Soun read the two signs. "A very well trained panda."

Genma glared and brought another sign up. [Actually, I'm your old pal Genma.] The sign flipped. [It'll be easier to explain when I can change back.]

Kasumi began to breathe normally again. Instead of making her way to the kitchen, she decided she needed to sit down. She was shaking slightly, blushing, and found herself thinking about things that were not entirely proper. Her knees almost gave out before she reached the table.

Akane blinked a couple of more times, then excused herself. She needed a bath, and to
change into something prettier. She REALLY wanted to make a better impression.

Ranma brought a kettle in, pouring it over his father's head. The panda turned into a
human.

This was too much for Kasumi's currently frazzled condition, and she joined Nabiki in a faint.

All three of the men looked at where Kasumi was sprawled across the table in an untidy heap and wondered what the heck was going on anyway.

"Pop," Ranma said after a moment. "Why does this sort of thing keep happening?"

Nabiki's eyes slowly opened, though everyone else's attention was elsewhere at the
time. She disliked not being in control, and she realized she had definitely not been in control of herself.

"You say this happens frequently?" Soun turned angrily to his old friend. "Genma, what have you done NOW?!"

"Actually, I'm not sure." Genma launched into an explanation of the cursed springs while Ranma doused himself and shrank down into his normal form. "After we left the area," Genma continued, "we noticed that same odd reaction occur wherever we went.

"We'd go through a small village, and before you knew it, we had a small crowd of women following us. We walked through a market in Hiroshima and women kept coming up to give gifts to us. Older women kept trying to engage their daughters to Ranma. It only seems to happen when he's in that cursed form, though, and I can't see why. After all, my own form as a panda doesn't
elicit any special reaction."

"Don't forget those Amazons. Yeesh," Ranma said, shivering slightly. "Swooping down like Tarzan on ropes or vines, leaping from rooftops, chasing us all around China. Good thing the Guide told us that girl was trying to give me the Kiss Of Death!"

Nabiki's noticed the faint musk, still lingering in the air, and her...physical reaction to it. As impossible as the whole thing sounded, suspicions began to form.

Akane ran into the room, wearing a summer dress that she felt complimented her fairly well. She looked around, a growing disappointment showing. "Oh, Dad, where's that boy that was here earlier?"

"That was me," supplied Ranma. Hey, this girl was cute. The one sprawled out on the table was beautiful, while the one lying on the couch had a certain sexy quality to her. He hoped that everyone would forget the engagement thing, but being around attractive women was certainly better than only being around his old man...

"Ranma, is it?" Nabiki moved to a sitting position. "Can you change back? I need to prove a theory."

Ranma shrugged. The reluctance in the girl's voice was quite obvious. He didn't mind his cursed form that much: better reach, better balance, and greater strength were kind of neat. The increased nervousness around women, and...urges...were uncomfortable.

Ranma got a glass of water, noting that the eldest girl was straightening up as he came back in, and dumped the water on himself. His body stretched and filled out again.

Akane stared, then smiled. How nice he looked. How nice he smelled. Thoughts that were completely foreign to her kept creeping up, and she blushed. Staring at this guy was making
her so..."Ah! I am _such_ a pervert!" Akane ran out of the room, fleeing actually.

"Oh." Kasumi's eyes seemed to focus on a point about halfway up Ranma's long form. Her eyes crossed and she almost fainted again.

Nabiki felt her iron resolve to stay in control eroding rather quickly. "I think I know what's doing it," she managed. "Could you possibly change back? Quickly. Please." That last was almost a whimper.

"You know what's going on?" Ranma moved to the kitchen. "I'll be right back."

Nabiki gasped, drawing in a deep breath of that faint musk. The pleasant fog overwhelmed her again, a tidal wave of sensations and urges that swept over her as if all her self control were no more than a sand castle in the waves.

The normal Ranma emerged from the kitchen after a few moments. With the sliding doors open to the yard, that scent slowly vanished and Nabiki regained what tatters remained of her self-control. If only she could stop shaking now.

Kasumi's eyes uncrossed, but remained seated and staring at her hands. That had been so...odd. She had never felt so pleasantly out-of-control in her life.

Akane made her way back in, giving Ranma's uncursed form a slightly disappointed variation of the deer-in-the- headlights look.

"So, uhm..."

"Oh yes. This is Ranma Saotome, and my old friend, Genma Saotome, as I mentioned when I spoke of the postcard and the engagement." Soun smiled. "These are my daughters: Kasumi, she's 19, Nabiki, she's 17, and Akane, she's 16. Pick anyone you like, she'll be your new fiancee."

"Uhm, Daddy, can we discuss the curse first?" Nabiki shuddered as she got her self-control back. Her barely suppressed reaction, that of wrapping herself around this guy and covering his body with kisses, was shoved rudely to the side. "Pheromones. It's can't be the whole answer, but that's gotta be at least part of it."

"Curse?" Akane questioned. She and Kasumi listened to the story of Jusenkyo, and how something unknown had been drowned in one of the pools, a pool that Ranma had fallen in. Now his current form was something with odd effects on most of the women he encountered.

"Fero-whatsit?" Ranma prompted.

"Pheromones," corrected Nabiki. "I noticed a faintly musky odor earlier. Many animals use a mating scent to signal other members of their species. Your cursed form has an extremely strong scent that seems to have the sort of effect one would expect from human pheromones."

"You mean all the goofiness is because I smell?" Ranma wondered if he bathed more often, would that cut down on the problems?

"I wouldn't call it...goofiness," Nabiki corrected as she remembered the odd sensations. What shocked her was how much she wanted them to continue.

"Oh my," Kasumi summed up for all of them.

------------

Someone suggested this awhile back, and this is what i came up with. This is obviously going to diverge FAST from either the manga or anime.

Nabiki find a way to profit off this? Obviously. Even she doesn't realize, yet, that the scent is addictive, and since the pheromone effect is released by his cursed form as a chemical- it builds up in areas and on objects. Living in a house, his pheromones will gradually build up despite frequent bathing and frequent airing out of the house. Nabiki is sufficiently clever to try to get someone on the Chem Club to develop a counter-agent.

Kasumi insists on Ranma bathing frequently, as concentrating on anything when he's gotten sweaty in his cursed form becomes increasingly difficult. She would be VERY vulnerable to this effect because of the amount of time she spends in the house. I can just see her sorting laundry and sniffing that "pleasantly musky smell" from Ranma's clothing. <shudder>

Akane gets into fights with Ranma's uncursed form, but can't seem to argue or refuse anything from his cursed form. She begins splashing his uncursed form (to the dismay of her sisters), just so that the cursed form can be there. Can we see the scene where she beats up Kuno to keep him from hurting her Ranma-chan?

Ranma's cursed form is a meld of both the MegaPlayboy and the effects of the bullet. He gets panicky around women. At the same time, he's not only releasing the pheromones, but has a psychic MegaPlayboy effect similar to the one shown in DNA^2. Few women can resist it, Nabiki having the best resistance, Yuka and Sayuri having virtually no resistance. He's also a bit stronger, has a better sense of balance, and has a testosterone level of Dangerously High in the cursed form.

With women offering all sorts of money to engage Ranma to their daughters, do you really see Genma as refusing all of them? Not only martial artists, but those who can hire martial artists...

Then there are the amazons. Will Shampoo give up on learning that the boy she saw earlier left China? i don't think so either. Neither would the others, not only having to deal with jilted would-be lovers like Mousse, but possibly brothers and such who WANT their sister to make such a good catch.

What of Soun Tendo and his dream to unite the two schools of the Anything Goes school? Due to the lingering effects of Ranma's cursed form, none of the three are particularly averse to the idea of spending a lot of time around Ranma. Which will win? Each has their own strengths and weaknesses as a suitor, though this could even end up as a "Ranma gets all the girls" story, even though the fear factor would make him VERY unwilling to face this. (The phrase "dragged kicking and screaming to the altar" comes to mind.) Also note that as the "musk" scent is a pheromone, guys don't even notice it, which adds to the confusion of the male cast as to why the various women act like that.

What of Ryouga, which pool did HE fall in? HINT: Ranma didn't knock him off that cliff. HINT#2: i put in that bit about failed attempts to recreate the "Spring Of Drowned Girl" for a reason. No, it's never mentioned in the canon, as far as i know, but why wouldn't a more recent drowning override the template of an older drowning? If they merged, well, THAT angle is being explored in "Blonde 1/2" more or less (sans pheromones, psychic effect, etc) already.

Nodoka? Ranma's mom meets Ranma. Yes, he's definitely a man among men, and she'd probably have a good deal of resistance, mainly 'cause i'm NOT going there.

The Kunos are pretty much as is. Tatewaki goes off about "enslaver of women", but Ranma would feel a bit of guilt/shame maybe- due to the potential for such things. After all, brain chemistries can be affected by such things and that influences thought and memory. Kodachi will regard Ranma's cursed form as a "real man" and will throw over uncursed Ranma for the cursed variety.

Even with all this, i have some trouble with this as a continued series, if nothing else just the flames from people who get all their info on medicine and neurochemistry from magazines like "People" or "Time" (if you're going to quote a magazine for medical data, at least make it JAMA or "Lancet" -ie something a little less dubious, please.)

Well, anyone can go with this, y'know. It's just another entry in the Bet, this time without the same limits as this was an "unintentional" creation.

ja ne,

gregg