Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball One-Half ❯ Return of The Wild Horse ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 4: Return of The Wild Horse.
 
6/14/2007
 
 
Shampoo nimbly dodged yet another ribbon strike. So far, this day had not gone the way she'd wanted.
 
Today was her birthday, and she had gone to see if her husband was home, to spend some time with him. When she got there, she discovered, yet again, that he was still on his training journey. From what she could tell only two people in all of Nerima knew where Ranma had went (Cologne and Nabiki) and neither was willing to tell.
 
Deciding she had let Kodachi lead their skirmish long enough, Shampoo charged through her foe's ribbon strike and conked the girl over the head with an empty delivery box. As Kodachi slumped to the ground, Shampoo's heart leapt. Not from the thrill of yet another victory, it's not like she ever actually loses. Even her Airen admitted, she was suffering fatigue when he won. The thing that made her mood soar was the thing she was now chasing on her delivery bike.
 
Smoke trailed where her rubber tires once were. Several passersby noticed a gust of wind, and felt a very bad premonition, alerting the town to Ranma's return. As if it were planned, the streets cleared of citizens, and opened up for a flood of Ranma's awaiting challengers. Three months was a long wait, and most of these martial artists didn't want to wait, but did so anyway; mainly because they had nothing better to do.
 
*
 
Ukyo stood beside Konatsu, watching as he perfected her family's cooking style, when a sensation filled her heart, causing a blush to form on her cheeks and a squeal to escape her lips.
 
Poor Konatsu thought she was excited over him, and began to fantasize about having an Okonomiyaki dressed Ukyo for company at night. Never noticing the small trail of blood escaping his cute little nose, Ukyo bolted from the restaurant and ran to the one place she knew she could find Ranma.
 
So quick was Ukyo to leave, she never noticed the sobbing Konatsu, nor the unconscious Kodachi.
 
*
 
Akane dodged another roundhouse, thrown by her sister Kasumi.
 
"I never realized you kept up your martial arts training, Kasumi." Akane praised. If she could gauge her sister's prowess right, she was nearly as good as Ranma, which meant she had to be gauging her wrong.
 
Kasumi never once lost her smile as performed two back handsprings away from Akane's attacks. "What do you think I do all day, Imouto-chan?" Kasumi quipped. Long ago she had surpassed her father, and mastered all his techniques. It wasn't until recently, anyone actually asked her to spar. Truth be told, she always hoped Ranma would.
 
A sensation raced through both girls' hearts, causing polar opposite reactions. Kasumi: she felt like the one person in the world, that mattered, was coming to see her. She could barely restrain her blush, and formed a 'T', to halt the match. Akane: an all too familiar sensation of “approaching fiancées seeking Ranma” slammed her like a mallet. Oh, and she felt Ranma returning, and hid her rising blush beneath a wall of anger.
 
Both girls bowed and ran inside to get clean for Ranma's return.
 
*
 
Ninomiya Hinako and her new best friend Tendo Nabiki were hanging out at a local club, cleaning up on a game of pool.
 
Never before had Hinako felt so womanly, than when she knew her sex-appeal was interfering with a man's game. That explains the reason she was rubbing a cube of ice across her upper chest.
 
The poor guy never stood a chance, and so he scratched the cue ball for the fifth time this game.
 
Nabiki smirked and leaned across the table, and pocketed the last two balls of their solids, then the 8-ball, to win the game. She had known wearing a slinky black satin dress that exposed more than Hinako's tightest outfit would pay off.
 
Hinako claimed the twenty-five thousand yen, and stuffed it into her dress. Then the two women walked out the bar arm-in-arm.
 
The moment they left the bar each neared orgasmic bliss as they received that feeling of Ranma's return; quite a pleasurable sensation at that. Clearing their throats and adjusting their clothes, each headed towards the Dojo.
 
*
 
Saotome Genma got an itch in the small of his panda back, and each time he tried to scratch it, it would stop, and start up all over again. All he wanted to do today, was sleep in. Was that too much to ask?
 
With that, he rolled over, ignoring the uncatchable itch.
 
*
 
Soun was sweeping the porch when he was nearly run-over by his two daughters, followed by a rampant cyclist, a beautiful okonomiyaki chef, his middle daughter arm-in-arm with one of Ranma's teacher's and lastly… Ranma landing next to him.
 
Soun started to complain, but realized who the last was. Instead of yelling, he grasped Ranma about the shoulders and embraced him in a sobbing hug. "OOHH, RANMA! YOU CAME BACK TO US!!" he cried loudly, tears spraying from his eyes wildly.
 
Before Ranma could break the embrace, all the gathered women, with the exception of Nabiki, gave their own variation of a glomp.
 
Ranma couldn't resist his grin, so he returned the embrace with equal fervor. "I'm glad to be back." he said through the mountain of affection.
 
Nabiki noted the little girl at Ranma's side, watching the goings-on as they occurred with a mixture of feelings; most notably disapproval. Not skipping a beat, Nabiki sauntered to the girl and knelt to talk with her, as the Female-Love Brigade led Ranma away to the dojo proper. "Hi, I'm Nabiki, what's your name?" she questioned the girl.
 
While Nabiki had expected a response (really, she had), she hadn't expected the one she got. The little girl extended her hand for a handshake, which Nabiki clasped as the girl answered. "I'm Saotome Sakura. It's nice to meet you."
 
Sakura gauged the woman's reaction, and could see her work through her surprise with logic, and quickly accepted something in her mind. Sakura shrugged off the shock she noted earlier. "If I'm right, you're a smart lady, like me and my mom." Sakura praised.
 
Nabiki's eyes narrowed as she thought over what the girl asked. *That Ranma, adopting a little girl while on his training trip. He'll never cease to amaze me.* She had no idea how wrong she was. Nabiki projected her joy through her eyes, unknowingly. "I'm very smart. Would you like to come with me to my room, so we can play for awhile?" Nabiki inquired.
 
Sakura thought for only a moment, before turning and yelling to her father. "Pops! I'm going to Nabiki's room to play!" Her father's response was a muffled grunt that she took as an “okay”. "Let's go, Nabiki. I know this one really fun game, my momma taught me." Sakura said as she pulled at the older woman's arm, to get her to stand.
 
 
It didn't take long for the duo to reach Nabiki's room.
 
Now in her natural habitat, the Nabiki was on the prowl. "So, Sakura-chan, how'd you meet Ranma?" she asked icily.
 
Sakura seemed to not hear her tone, while she rummaged through Nabiki's closet. "He's my Pops. I've always known him." she stated flatly, as she moved to Nabiki's dresser.
 
Nabiki narrowed her eyes dangerously, noting the girl's snooping. Upon further inspection, Nabiki realized the girl had actually cleaned out the closet, then folded and hung-up the different clean clothes. As Nabiki looked at the girl's new location, as she had already moved from the dresser, Nabiki noted the girls sorting her money as skillfully as Nabiki, herself. Nabiki was impressed. "If Ranma's your daddy, then who's your mommy?" Nabiki pressed.
 
Sakura looked around the room a moment noting that Nabiki had already put everything else in decent order. "Mommy?" she asked almost puzzled by the Japanese term. "Oh! My momma? Her name is Bulma Briefs. Pops says she reminds him of all the women he ever loved." Sakura stated as she sat on the edge of Nabiki's bed.
 
Now that Nabiki was closer, she could see the abnormal hair color wasn't dye, but natural. *This _is_ Ranma's daughter! But, how...?* she assessed. The final bit of proof was when 'Sakura' gave a grin. "How old are you, Sakura-chan?"
 
Sakura looked up at her new-found friend. "I'm ten, but next month is my eleventh birthday." she announced as if it were Christmas.
 
Nabiki smiled warmly, realizing Ranma would love whoever loved his daughter.
 
 
Outside, Ranma was no longer enjoying the warm embraces of his assembled fiancées, as a horde of martial artists were lined around two blocks, waiting to battle Ranma.
 
Ranma smirked, noting at least five faces. "What's up Ryouga, Mousse, Kuno, Pantyhose boy, Konatsu." he greeted, as though he didn't realize they were there to kill him for something stupid, that he didn't have anything to do with. "Wait a minute, Konatsu?" he asked, and the effeminate ninja nodded. "Why are you looking for revenge?"
 
The ninja started to answer but was cut off by Taro's cursed form roaring. With all the time in the world, Ranma waited for Taro's approach.
 
Taro, not one to disappoint, charged like an irate boar, only to be pushed aside by a charging Ryouga.
 
As Ryouga neared, Kuno stood in front of him, bokken angled down and brushing aside his bangs dramatically. "I, Kuno Tatewaki, The Roaring Typhoon of The Kuno Clan, shall vanquish you vile sorcerer." He said calmly, as he gripped the bokken with both hands. Before Ranma could dodge the first strike, a spray of shuriken halted Kuno's advance.
 
"Saotome Ranma!" Konatsu shouted from the far side of the group. "For shattering my delicate heart of silk, and stealing my one and only true love, I SHALL DEFEAT YOU!!!" at this declaration every brawler, martial artist, fighter and gimmicker blinked with wide eyes. Konatsu shifted uncomfortably at being in the spot-light and blushed.
 
Deciding this would go on forever if not checked Ranma acted with a mighty yell, "Whoever are the last five standing martial artists I will fight. The rest wouldn't have had a chance against me anyway!"
 
With that, all Hell broke loose. Mousse chained and destroyed a fire hydrant, dowsing himself and half the group with water. A total of thirty fighters changed forms. The streets outside of the Tendo Dojo looked like a zoo.
 
Chimpanzees attacked an alligator, two unicorns used their horns as lances and charged each other, P-chan got the drop on five wolves, Taro held up a battered gimmicker, Kodachi's laugh could be heard from near the back of the crowd, energy blasts of every color could be seen, throngs of blades and chains crisscrossed in an aerial dance not seen for centuries and Sumo pigs cleared a path for a fragile girl who slowly walked up to Ranma.
 
Knowing the girl, but having long since forgotten her name, had Ranma nervous. "Hey... Uh, what's up?" he asked feebly, hoping he wouldn't have to use the girl's name during the altercation.
 
Akari furrowed her brows, and pouted, crossing her arms under chest. "I can't find Ryoga, Ranma. Just a month ago, I was standing beside him, as we waited for your return." she explained.
 
Ranma needed no further words, and pointed to the little black piglet chewing a bull's ear, until it tapped.
 
Akari squealed in delight, and ran to retrieve Pork-butt, her sumo pigs making a large gap for her safety. Ranma released the breath he hadn't been aware of holding, and went inside to find his daughter.
 
 
As Ranma entered he would swear he had never seen so many battle aura's. The moment the girls saw him their auras were forgotten and Soun cautiously returned to the table.
 
Despite his joy over seeing his fiancées again, he was more worried about finding his daughter. A voice from the stairwell got his attention.
 
"Hey, Ranma, did you miss me too?" Nabiki teased, and got an unexpected answer, as Ranma ran and spun her in a hug, laughing the whole time.
 
Ranma ignored the scowls coming from his fiancées. "I've missed you all, but I really to speak with Cologne." Ranma said, earning delightful noises from his many suitors.
 
Shampoo, realizing she had the advantage in this affair, was about to gloat until Cologne spoke from behind her. "What do you seek _me_ for, Son-in-law?" Cologne asked thoughtfully.
 
Rather than waste time he guided Sakura outside and motioned Cologne to follow.
 
*
 
Now outside, and in the middle of the yard, Ranma explained what had happened over the last sixteen years to him.
 
Cologne rubbed her chin and made a scrutinizing noise. "Interesting... I believe you wish to terminate your marriage to Shampoo as well?" she questioned.
 
Ranma looked put off. "I don't really want to, but I can't marry her for at least a year. I'm gonna use the dragon to wish for several of myself, in order to marry each of the women you see in there." he informed her.
 
Cologne seemed amused, at his proposal. "Then, why did you not tell me amongst the women you wish to marry?" She wasn't sure what yet, but knew something important was coming up.
 
Ranma gave an elongated sigh. "Yesterday, this alien came and attacked me. For the first time since arriving there, I had been forced to use the Hiryuu Shouten Ha. The whirlwind lasted for a really long time. And… and when he was finally unconscious, I was force to apply the Ultimate Moxibustion Technique." Ranma explained
 
Cologne's eyes widened, at the thought of an alien attack. "While that is an amazing story I fail to see why you have come seeking me," she lied. It was much more fun getting Ranma to ask for help.
 
Ranma grumbled several words under his breath, Sakura spoke. "Hi Ms. Cologne." she said, drawing attention to herself as Ranma went into the house for some unexplained reason.
 
Cologne smiled down at Ranma's daughter. *A very beautiful girl, indeed.* Cologne noted. Dropping to the ground, form atop her staff, Cologne accepted the girl's proffered hand. "Hello, Sakura. Your father said you're very smart. Can you tell me how smart you are?"
 
Cologne was expecting a very cute answer like most kids the girl's age, but what she got was, "I placed an IQ of forty-five hundred, on a test of five thousand questions. I would have gotten higher, but I ran out of time." she informed the bug-eyed ancient warrior. "Would you like to see a few of the dances my daddy taught me?"
 
Cologne was taken for a loop. In all her days, she had never figured Ranma as the type to learn dancing, much less teach it. Nodding sagely she answered "Sure," and seated herself to watch.
 
If her day hadn't been shocking, it was now. She watched as the little girl performed another kata with the precision only Ranma could display. The katas in themselves were most definitely Saotome Style, but the patterns screamed advanced. She doubted she or even Shampoo could have performed these katas at the girl's age.
 
Ending her third dance as gracefully as she had performed the entire routine, she turned and bowed to Cologne. "Daddy says they're the same one's he learned at my age." she chirped merrily.
 
Soun, who had been ushered to the porch by Kasumi and Akane, clapped enthusiastically as he headed towards the little girl. "That was amazing, little one!" he praised, as he drew nearer.
 
Sakura beamed at Soun's praise, held out her hand for friendship. "Hi Mister..." she trailed off, considering what her father called the man. "Tendo-san, right?"
 
Soun was taken aback. It was almost like reliving the past. "Why, yes." he encouraged as he took the hand and shook it. "Those katas are from The Saotome School, how did you learn them?" he queried
 
"From my Pops. He says I'm as good as he was at my age.." she added.
 
"He also says 'you're the first Saotome with any brains'," came a voice from atop the Tendo house. As all eyes turned to him, he called down "Yo," with the slightest wave of a hand.
 
Soun stroked his chin hair. "Son, are you really her father?" the past three months of putting up with Ranma's many challengers and fiancées on a daily basis, has taught him to ask before accusing.
 
Ranma grinned as bright as the Sun, "Yup! Everyone, meet Saotome Sakura, my ten-year old, baby-girl." he enthused leaping down from the roof and landing impossibly soft.
 
Of course, now was the moment his father, Genma, arose from his slumber. "What?!" Genma roared. The sound of hurried footsteps graced the group's ears. Genma burst forth, through the shoji doors, and stood before his son Ranma. "Boy, you dare raise a bastard child?" he questioned.
 
Let it be known, never before have the people of Nerima witnessed Saotome Ranma furious. Ranma's aura flared to a three meter radius and went from white to crimson. In an even tone, much more menacing than any amount of yelling can do, Ranma spoke to his father. "Don't you ever call my baby a bastard child! Do you hear me?" At Genma's harsh swallow and terrified nod, Ranma allowed his aura to retreat.
 
The observers all realized the line not to cross and quickly gave wide berth to Ranma and Sakura.
 
For the first time ever, Sakura had witnessed her father's aura, and quickly took down several notes. "Hey Pops," she called from behind the scowling Ranma. When he turned to regard her with a smile, she continued. "Can I set up my lab out here?"
 
The group aww'd, thinking her be talking about a kiddy lab. "Sure you can, little one." Soun answered for her father. Then, as an afterthought, he added, "Just not between the shoji doors and the koi pond." and pointed to the said locations.
 
Sakura appeared to do some calculations on distance and pulled out a small, enclosed tube with a button on one side. Be careful, Sak-chan." Ranma admonished, earning a cheerful nod from his daughter. Finding the perfect spot, she clicked the button down, and tossed it to a spot in the garden opposite side of the dojo, of the line Soun drew.
 
Wide eyes and unhinged jaws seemed to be the general reaction, as no one felt they were in their right mind. A structure equally as large as the dojo appeared from nowhere.
 
Sakura pulled Nabiki's hand, and guided her into the lab, so they could play.
 
Nabiki, still out of it, followed questioning her own sanity. *Perhaps, I've pulled one too many scams?* she mused.
 
Ranma clapped his hands together loudly, gaining everyone's attention. "That," he called out, pointing at Sakura's lab, "is Sakura's lab. If you want a tour follow her; before she goes too far ahead of everyone." Ranma ordered.
 
Like a troop of hunter/gatherer ants, the horde of fiancées and their kin entered the lab, single file.
 
 
Kasumi, Shampoo and Ukyo smiled as radiantly as the midday Sun, as Ranma voraciously devoured their meals. Despite this being his fifth serving of each girl's cooking, they were more than happy to have him eat their food.
 
Sakura coughed into her hand, drawing Ranma's attention. Ranma finished chewing and smiled sheepishly, rubbing at the base of his warrior's braid. "Pops, I have seen you eat this much since momma made T-Rex tail steaks." she teased. Ranma's eyes seemed to glaze-over and his stomach said it wanted some too.
 
The young women all glowered for a moment, before remembering Ranma's oath of marrying each of them. This time, it was Cologne who made a throat noise. "Ranma, I am willing to train you, in several Joketsuzoku techniques." she paused, and noted Ranma waiting for her to say 'however'. Not wanting to disappoint the boy, though she hadn't intended to add anything, she continued; "However, you must write on scrolls a technique of your own and demonstrate it for me." *That should satisfy the boy's distrust of female warriors.* she assumed.
 
Ranma's face lit up with excitement. "Sure! I'll show you right now, if you follow me to the dojo." he offered emphatically, and walked straight out to the dojo, followed by everyone in the house.
 
 
Arriving in the dojo, Ranma noted one person, he didn't want to be in here. "Um, Pops?" *Man, that feels weird now.* Ranma noted. "Can you play with Sakura in her lab for a bit? I don't want her seeing these techniques. Most of them make the Yamasenken look child-proof."
 
Thoroughly understanding the need for keeping a child away from dangerous moves, Genma happily complied. In all actuality, he was starting to like the babe, and didn't want to admit it to Ranma.
 
With Genma and Sakura now gone, and the door shut, Ranma began. "This first set of techniques are called "The Ghost Techniques'." he educated. Do you remember when Pops, and Tendo-san learned that matter removing technique, but couldn't attack with it?" Seeing everyone's nod, and Soun's reminiscent expression, Ranma performed the technique. "That is the basic step of this set of moves. The first variation is voice control." his voice said from behind them. As all heads turned to where the voice originated, Ranma continued, shifting his voice location with every few words. "The... strategy behind,,, voice control,,, is,,, the,,, distraction of,,, one's opponent." The room was filled with thoughtful noises.
 
Speaking from everywhere at once, Ranma continued. "The second variation is creating illusions." from the floor boards yellow ghost-like energy forms raised. "Try to touch them." Ranma instructed, as he moved the phantoms towards each member of the group. As the group touched, and went through each of the spirits, a few shrieks could be heard. Ranma chuckled lightly. "Do you recognize this technique, Cologne?" he questioned.
 
Cologne made a few thoughtful noises before answering. "It appears a modified Splitting Cat Hairs Technique."
 
Ranma's grin could be felt throughout the dojo. "That's right. As an after effect of these two techniques, a person's facial expression can be felt by those within visual or audio range. The last part, you create a distraction, and hit your opponent with energy as they lose sight." True to his words, Ranma's wraiths flew rampant about the dojo, and when on lost sight if any one, they were hit with a discharge like that of static electricity.
 
Dispelling the ghosts remaining, Ranma's corporeal body took the position he was in, before starting the maneuver. "That is the most simple attack called 'The Revenge of The Undead'. I have over thirty different attacks and defenses in The Ghost Techniques." he informed all.
 
Ranma walked towards a weapons' display case, and retrieved a naginata from the wall. "This next technique doesn't actually have a name, but if were to be called something, I guess I'd have to call it Rapid Defensive Recovery." He paused, and handed the naginata over to Soun. "Tendo-san, try to cut my arm off." Ranma requested.
 
Extending an arm, bent at the elbow and in front of his chest, he motioned Soun to strike. Tendo's swing proved true and swift, slicing straight through Ranma's arm, and leaving it to fall on the ground lifeless and bleeding. The room erupted in screams of horror and several tried to clot the half forearm. "Everybody STOP!!" Ranma commanded authoritatively. Using his good arm, Ranma motioned everyone to return to their observing point.
 
As they backed away, worry on their faces, they noticed neither Ranma's detached nor his nub were bleeding.
 
"A part of this technique requires one to be able to subconsciously stop yourself from bleeding." Ranma informed them. Giving a deep sigh, Ranma continued. "This next part is gruesome, and hurts like Hell. NNGWAH!!" The last part said as Ranma spouted a new forearm from the sliced nub. He wiggled his fingers before them, to show it worked just as well as the other, before blasting the severed limb to dust.
 
The room was completely silent.
 
Ranma smirked. i told you it doesn't have a name, but it grants me rapid recovery." Ranma repeated. "I first learned that technique, while mastering another. Check this out." With that, his forehead seemed to bulge awkwardly, before splitting open and revealing a third eye.
 
The response was a room of gasps, even Cologne was gawking at this point.
 
Ranma remembered something he wanted to teach her at that point. "Cologne, how would you like to be young again? And I don't mean with the use of Jusenkyo." he added as fact.
 
Cologne and Nabiki regained their poise, and Cologne raised a speculative eyebrow. "To regain my youth?" she queried. * This boy never ceases to amaze me.* Cologne noted, proudly.
 
"I originally planned to come back and give you _this_." Ranma said as he withdrew a bundled scroll, and handed it to her.
 
Cologne unfurled the parchment and began to read it, noting Ranma's handwriting remained sloppy, and gave a light chuckle. "Oh, Son-in-law. You couldn't write, so you had Bulma do it for you." she teased, and continued reading, her eyes growing larger with every column she read, and each picture she saw.
 
Getting worried for her great grandmother, Shampoo called out to her; as Cologne's eyelids were so wide, Shampoo thought the balls would fall to the floor. "Great grandmother, are you okay?" she asked plaintively.
 
Cologne snapped the scroll closed with a face as inscrutable as ever. "Yes, Child, I am. Perhaps, we should make our leave for the night, Shampoo." Cologne offered, not caring the Sun was two hours into its descent.
 
Ranma smirked and waved them good night.
 
 
Arriving at the doorstep to the Nekohaten, Cologne only paused long enough to open the door, and bolted past Mousse with so much as an 'idiot'.
 
Mousse stared after her, wondering what had her so preoccupied. So engrossed in his musings was he, that he didn't notice Shampoo chasing after Cologne.
 
 
Cologne waited for her great granddaughter's form to clear the doorway, back closing and locking it behind her.
 
"Great grandmother acting _very_ strange since Airen give scroll." Shampoo noted. Narrowing her eyes dangerously, she asked "Why?"
 
For the first time in Shampoo's life, Cologne didn't say any corrections or admonishments. "Your Airen has given us the greatest gift a woman could ask for." Cologne replied cryptically.
 
Shampoo lounged on her belly across Cologne's bed, one leg floating back and forth. "What that, great grandmother?" she asked with a distinct lack of interest.
 
Cologne could care less at this point, and explained away. "Did you notice how _young_ your Airen looks?" At Shampoo's nod, she continued. "Do you understand he is now sixteen years older than you?"
 
Shampoo perked up. *Maybe Great grandmother has gone crazy.* she pondered. "What you mean, great grandmother?" she asked exasperatedly, and began buffing her finger nails.
 
Cologne gave a tired sigh, and decided if she didn't tell her wayward granddaughter, she would never get it, and this too important not to know. "This scroll that Ranma gave me has instructions to reverse the effects of aging to a certain degree. And the second part shows how to perform his regeneration technique. The Regeneration technique can potentially go so far as replacing a woman's eggs." Cologne educated.
 
Shampoo's eyes widened in surprise, and she sat up into a kneel. <You mean...> she asked in Cantonese, too shocked to care for languages.
 
Cologne nodded sagely, and began performing the steps given.
 
 
The End of Chapter 4
 
Well, it's been a long one that much is for sure.
 
*Sigh* I don't feel like writing anything down here this time.