Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fist Of The North Star Fan Fiction ❯ Shinken Mistress ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shinken Mistress: Birth of a Goddess

A Ranma/Fist of the North Star Crossover

By Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Declaimer: Read my bio.

Chapter 2

As I said before, Ranma was one of the turning points of my Mother's life. From the first time she heard of his name, she knew her life would be forever changed. I guess it was that reason that she avoided him in the beginning; not because he was to marry one of my aunts or Mother, but rather he represented change, and Mother did not want any change in her life at the time.

In fact, Mother was never one for change, and it took her a long time before she was able to accept and adapt with it. Unfortunately, it took the death of someone else in her family for her to understand that, and even then, she threatened to close herself off again if not for her new dedication for the Ranma's legacy. Having Akane's automatic acceptance also helped a lot, though Aunt Akane never married again. Aunt Akane dedicated her life to the Art with a new fever, thinking that if she let off in the Art, she would be betraying the last will of her beloved.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. You shall see for yourself as the story unfolds, and only then shall you understand what happened.

After accepting the father and son at the dojo, Ranma's life settled into a sort of pattern. Every two months or so, Ranma would go out and travel with Akane on a training trip, expecting his students to keep up the practice in their own time. The dojo was always open for anyone to use, and every so often, Ranma would teach a promising student some special skill or defense he either created or picked up along his travels. However, he kept his word to the Honored Elder Cologne and never taught anyone not of Amazon origin Amazon special attacks.

However, he didn't say anything about anything that he changed and modified for his own use. He taught modified versions of attacks he picked up from the Amazons, and tried to merge more forms into his Anything Goes style, eventually gaining even a certain perverted leech's respect[i].

But back to the story[ii]. Shin slowly became healthier, and Shu was grateful for Ranma's help. Everything was going well until that day.

By now, everyone knows the date of Ranma's death. It was a national outcry throughout the Martial Arts world, seeing that Grandmaster Saotome (not Genma) did not die of old age or in a battle, but simply because of an accident.

Mother was out that day, actually starting to date a few of the older college students who were returning home from a year of studying. The name is not important, but rather the fact that she was not there is.

Why, you ask?

Because this lead to Shin having to go into the kitchen (where Aunt Akane is STILL being barred from[iii]) and make himself and his sensei a sandwich, not knowing that he should not put the knife in a cupboard in the kitchen, where it is left in HIS own home.

This soon became the fatal mistake that killed him, for when mother returned home, she found him on the ground, the knife sticking out from his chest, where it pierced a major capillary around his heart, and only still alive by force of will alone.

Auntie Akane was out sending some of the younger students home, while everyone else was busy elsewhere. Nobody entered mother's domain without reason.

They later figured out what happened by piercing Kasumi's memories and even later from the Mirror I use now. At first, they thought Shin did it, mainly because of the fingerprints on the knife, but he was nowhere near the scene of the crime when it was committed, nor did he have a motive. Of course, both motive and distance is relative in Nerima, but the police didn't think so.

What really happened was all Ranma's fault, like everything else in his youth. He was going to prepare dinner, and opening the cupboard, the knife fell towards him, when he was reaching for a dish and deeply thinking about something.

Yes, something as simple as that felled the legendary Ranma Saotome. Ironic, isn't it?



[i] For obvious reasons, his name is not going to be mentioned here. Uncle Saotome found out the hard way that the leech was *really* not just another human, and using his name did either lure him or gave him power.

[ii] Ranma Saotome's life can be found in any reference library, and I won't go into his life any more than necessary. This isn't his story.

[iii] Ranma had learned that she was actually cursed from birth to never be able to create any sort of food that would seem 'normal' in any sense. Curry seemed to be the exception because Auntie Akane just dumps anything into it.