Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fist Of The North Star Fan Fiction ❯ Shinken Mistress ❯ Shinken Mistress: Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shinken Mistress: Birth of a Goddess

A Ranma/Fist of the North Star Crossover

By Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Declaimer: Read my bio.

Note: This is for all those who say that it is impossible for this fanfic to work, or OOC messages. Keep in mind that this doesn't happen immediately after the manga, which I already stated, nor will this story end quick and short like I wanted to, and I'm a FIRM believer of Cause and Effect. If I can't explain how this comes to pass, I'll let you flame me. Not to mention, if you think this is treading towards OOC, read Psychosis. Oh, I DID read Star of War (6 chapters, I believe. Loved all of it, btw), and agree with the terms laid down. Pretty interesting, really, but the small fact that the Cat Fist didn't come up somewhat disappointed me, since it was supposed to be a reaction to cats…

Chapter 1

Mother used to tell me about Ranma all the time. When I was young, I would as how she knew him so well, but she would simply smile and say, "I'll tell you when you grow up."

When I grew up, she would say "I'll teach you how when you become more experienced."

Now, she decided to retell her tale on how Saotome Ranma died.

To understand how the legendary Ranma died, one must first understand what sort of person he is. History books listed him as a significant figure after Mother named him as the most pronounced figure in her life. Most people assumed that it was because of his bizarre lifestyle, waking up before dawn to train, fighting off 5 to 10 people per day, going all over the world to save his kidnapped fiancée, or even the powerful attacks that he can perform at will. However, these things only interested Mother slightly, as they affected Auntie Akane more.

What interested Mother were his compassionate heart and his ability to remain loyal to the one person that may very well be the least deserving of all his fiancées. At least, that's what I can tell from what Mother would tell me, but there is one quote that I remember: "Your Auntie was, truthfully, a child that I didn't manage to bond with very well. When mother died, I had to take care of the family, especially father, and it left no time for those who cannot help around the house. Nabiki would help out in the finances, especially after I taught her some algebra calculations. Akane, however, failed miserably when I taught her how to cook. I suppose I should have put more of an effort in teaching her how to cook, and it would have saved Ranma a lot of trouble later, but I enjoyed cooking too much, and someone had to take over the family dojo."

But I'm getting off topic again. Ranma was, in many ways, a child prodigy, as long as anything came even close to Martial Arts. When he put his heart into it though, I heard he was quite the charmer, and his oldest 'friend' Hibiki Ryoga would always say, "Die! Enemy of Woman!", so I guess it does have some measure of truth in it.

However, his academic reports were less than stellar. The last year that he took left his marks at just passing grades, and even then it was because he was did so well in physical eduations. How well can be seen by the fact that nobody has ever gotten a 100% mark before he went to school. Strangely, he was also extraordinary kind to everything and everyone, even the thing that he feared the most: Cats. Mother told me over and over again that it was his heart that made the legend who he is.

Anyways, three months after the second failed wedding, Nabiki suggested they reopen the dojo, but add a daycare center so that married adults can take the course as well. Needless to say, as with most of Aunt Nabiki's suggests, this one was taken immediately and through my aunt's information network, attracted customers faster than Ranma can change into his girl from. Quickly after, the dojo was starting to receive its first television review and commercials, attracting people countrywide.

One of such person is Tasuki Shu and his son Shin. It wasn't like they were special in any way, but rather Shin had a weak constitution, and his father had heard that Martial Arts can help one strengthen their bodies. After hearing their story, Ranma decided to teach Shin for free, his compassion for the weak and others overruling Nabiki's arguments.

Even as she looked back to that time, Mother agreed that it was the right thing to do. If he didn't, it would have made her feel less about Ranma and Akane, for if anything, Akane had a caring heart as well.

Ranma said that he would be able to greatly improve Shin's health within a year, if Shin followed all his instructions. Agreeing, the teenager quickly became Ranma's special pupil, even though he did not neglect anyone that came to learn his family's style.

Everything was going well, and it would seem that Ranma's first child was soon to be born in a loving and caring family, not to mention that it was around then that Mother started going out again. However, fate had something else in mind for this family…