Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma no Go? ❯ Starting point with different twist? ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ranma no Go?

Summary: This fic is a x-over of Ranma ½ and Hikaru no Go. Don’t hold too much hope as I’m not sure how to make this fic exciting and everything is still kinda hazy. Read on and if any of you guys can give me ideas, any ideas to progress this fic is appreciated.

Disclaimer: I do not own nor do I take any profit from this and also I am NOT the owner of the following series : ‘Ranma ½’ and ‘Hikaru no Go’. If I do I won’t be writing this fic am I?


Prologue : Starting point with different twist?


Everything starts from a beginning… and like a lot of other fic, this one will start from a point near where it all begins.

One night, an ordinary house in japan where everything was silent, most of the people were sleeping. Yet if one looks closer, there’s one shadow ran silently through the night. If we take a look even closer, we will see that this man is a moderately fat man with modest amount of muscle wearing a white gi carrying a small bundle on his back. Another take shows that this bundle look-a-like is actually a small child still sleeping comfortably. Tonight is the fated night, a night where is all began, a start of the 10-year training journey that will bring a life of hardship and never-ending trial toward this child who is still only 5 years old.

As he ran, the moderately fat man muttered a small whisper to the small bundle on his back “Soon Ranma, your mother doesn’t understand that staying here coddled by her will only makes you weak. I won’t have a to be a weak like a girl! I will make you the greatest martial artist in the world! Of course after that I will retire and you will be my ticket to my retirement.†Truly! Only a man with a unique way of thinking that could even think of taking a child from his mother leaving only a seppuku pledge as the only memento and proof but we can’t complain as without this everything won’t start wasn’t it?


Time Skip: One year Later

We can see two men discussing something quietly. As they’re discussing with each other a child wearing a small tattered white gi is wandering around toward the back of a shop looking around to look something of interest. Ranma who is only 6 years old can only walk around bored without anything to do and his old man is busy haggling to sell an antique katana with another old man who looks much older that his old man.

He wondered how his old man could came into possession of that katana as it looks very shiny and priceless. And he know never saw his old man carrying it around before. His old man hates weapon with passion but he will not say anything about it since if he asks his old man will only ‘train’ him harder. He won’t make it harder on himself as his last training experience is bad enough as it only left him with a strong fear of c-c-c-ca- those feline from hell! The only good thing came from those training is his old man was thoroughly mauled although on the flip side left him in a hospital ward for almost one month. He could never bring himself to truly trust his old man after that nightmare of an experience.

Without realizing it, as he walk further within the shop, Ranma found himself already inside a room where it seems all the special antiques that the owner of this antique shop kept his more expensive collections. He could feel it from the different atmosphere as he sees that this room is very clean and everything inside the room gave him a feeling that he never felt before in his short life. Everything looks very old and seems to whisper an unspoken tales of old that all those antiques has seen. However only one truly caught his attention as Ranma saw something that looks like a small table that have a lot of straight lines forming squares on the surface. What caught his attention is not the small table itself however, what he saw on the surface looks like dried splotches of blood that seems to stand out from the cleanliness around him.

“How come there’s blood on this table? Did the old man forgot to clean it after someone was wounded?†Ranma asked himself.

“You can see the blood?†A mysterious voice spoke softly but so sudden that caught Ranma off guard.

Ranma quickly turns to look around but can’t see anybody inside the room that could possibly be the owner of those hauntingly beautiful voice. Finding nothing, Ranma trying to get a response replied to the voice “Who are you?â€

“You can hear me! Oh Kami-sama! I thank you for giving me another chance! At last I am able to continue after hundred years of waiting!†The mysterious voice spoke again this time clearer than before and all of a sudden light shot out from the surface of the small table and a shape of a person wearing weird clothes that he never saw before appears in front of him.

“Wha-?†Suddenly Ranma felt weakened and lost his consciousness before he could finish his question.


“-right?†“Are you alright?†“Oh no! what am I gonna do if this child refuses me… I hope he won’t mind to let me play go…†The mysterious voice continues to talk by himself.

‘Who is there? Old man? No, I have never heard of this voice before’ Ranma thought to in his mind as he tried to search through his memory. Finally Ranma spoke to the person that continues speaking by himself “Wh- who are you? Where am I? Why am I sleeping here?â€.

The voice quickly replied as he realize that the child he is fussing has awaken “Nice to meet you child, My name is Fujiwara no Sai, I was a Go Tutor of the Emperor before I died. You’re still in the same room you fell unconscious in as I couldn’t move you around… But I’m glad you’re alright! I think you fell unconscious because of me though… Last time the same thing happened with Torajirou too… He is such a kind child… Always willing to help others…†Sai said as he remembers his last host and fell into slight depression.

Seeing his new friend starts to feel depressed Ranma speak again hoping to break the silence “Are you okay? My name is Ranma and I’m training to be the best martial artist in the world! Though my dad still beats me at every turn I won’t give up!†Ranma spoke excitedly.

“Ah! Your name is Ranma? Wild Horse? Hmm… what an interesting name… can I ask for you to let me reside in a small part in your mind Ranma?†Sai asks formally, falling into his old habit even though it has been a long time since he used it.

Ranma confused trying to think for a suitable reply of Sai speech but his undeveloped intelligence answers the way his father trained him “Huh? Whadda ya mean in my mind?â€

“I mean can you let me stay with you Ranma? I have to attach myself to a living person that is able to see me for me to stay in this state…†Sai asks again.

“Hmmm… I guess it’s all right… Wait a minute! Whadda ya mean that ya have to attach to me? Are you saying that you’re a ghost?†Ranma replied as he starts to get more excited. (Keep in mind that Ranma is a child without that is raised without normal upbringing)

Sai hearing Ranma’s reply gets really excited and starts to jumps around Ranma. “Waiii! Waiii! Really? Really? You'll let me stay with you?†Sai said again.

“Sure, I guess it’s alright. I’d like to have someone to talk to other than my old man and I haven’t had someone other than him to talk to ever since we left Ucchan and his dad.†Ranma replied to Sai.

“RANMA! WHERE ARE YOU? WE HAVE FINISHED OUR BUSINESS HERE! LET’S GET GOING!†A loud voice was heard shouting from outside.

Taking his old man’s shouting as a cue Ranma said to Sai as he started to run to the entrance of the Antique Shop “Let’s go Sai, that’s my old man! We’d better go now!â€


Thus Ranma and Sai met. We do not know how they will grow though what we know is that Ranma will be a different person from what his father grooms Ranma to be. Though he does not realizes it yet, Ranma will walk to a different path, yet will also be filled with excitement and trial. Sai never realize that meeting this small child will bring him into a path that he never seen before. Let us see how this meeting between a Martial Artist and Go Saint on their path to be the best on their chosen field will bring.


End of Epilogue

I can't seem to bring myself to go on further though I have written the summary of the next chapter in my notebook. Though I will probably makes everything seem more like Flash-backs of their life as Ranma grow up into the Martial Artist that he will be. I'd like to see how my sudden inspiration will go from here. Please R&R, I'd like to see what you guys think on how I'm gonna continue this fic or not. Thx a lot for reading anyway