Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Kodomo No Omocha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Kurata ❯ Chapter 02: Secret's Out ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ranma Kurata
By Maricruz (a.k.a Mari, Maric, Maricc, Mar, maric106, Animeiac, and Anime-iac)
 
Disclaimer: Ranma is the © property of Rumiko Takahashi. Kodocha is the © property of Miho Obana.
 
Picture 1. This is Sana Kurata. She's 11 years old, in the 6th grade and a TV star.
 
Picture 2. Her Momma, Misako Kurata. Award winning novelist and her chipmunk friend, Marou.
 
Picture 3. Rei Sagami, her manager, ex-boyfriend, and now good friend. He looks after Sana and help her extend her career.
 
Picture 4. Akito Hiyama. Once her arch enemy and now one of her best friends. He still annoys Sana but that's because he likes likes her.
 
Picture 5. The cute but annoying Babbit who always in every scene and in between. (Babbit's the Babbit Baby!)
 
Picture 6. Ranma Saotome. We learned that he is Sana's cousin after Rei and Misako rescued him from the wedding disaster.
 
Picture 7. And here's Ranma's parents, Genma and Nodoka Saotome. We were shocked when we discovered that Genma and Misako are really cousins. Since Misako has intelligence and Genma is... well... Genma. Also it looks like Misako and Nodoka do not like each other. We don't know why that is but I guess we'll soon find out in this chapter of this fanfic.
 
A/N: I want to thank Orange Coconuts from Planet Zots Forum for her opinion about honor and arrange marriage that she is letting me use in this fic. “Honour was just a front that the families put up - a pretty word that only supports their denial that they're placing two children together for their own selfish needs. The majority of the time, people have arranged marriages because of money, upholding family name, or getting something financial out of the situation. Either it be marrying their daughter off to a rich husband and saving the family from bankruptcy, or uniting two families together to create one formidable one, it doesn't matter.” -Orange Coconuts
 
It all plays down to this: greed.
 
Honour was never in play. Heck, if they were all honorable, people would have married people that didn't have good family names or wealth.
It all plays down to this: greed.
 
Honour was never in play. Heck, if they were all honorable, people would have married people that didn't have good family names or wealth.
 
Chapter 02: Secret's Out
 
It is now early dusk over in Fuchu at the Nei District. “Quick geography lesson. As you can see Fuchu is in the Toyama preference of the Nei District which is in the Chubu region of Japan.” Lectured Babbit to anyone who is reading this fic. We now see Rei's car inside the garage of the Kurata mansion.
 
The Kuratas and Rei Sagami are in the living room with their new guest Ranma Saotome. Having some snacks of small cakes and tea served by Misako's lady servant Shimura (The sweet little old lady that's been serving the Kurata's for such a long time. ) It's a little too quiet for Misako's liking so she decided to break the ice. “So Ranma do you like the new clothes we bought for you?”
 
“New clothes? Oh yes I like them very much thank you.” Ranma replied modestly. Now that's a first, Ranma being modest. He is wearing a short sleeve dress shirt with a band tee-shirt under it. Blue jeans and a pair of red sneakers. “It's just that I've been wearing Chinese clothes for so long I've forgotten what regular clothes feel like.” He admitted while tugging the collar of this tee-shirt.
 
“I understand that it takes some getting use to but you'll be to adapt.” Misako assured Ranma. “Now that we are in speaking terms I want us to get to know each other.”
 
“Well I don't know.” Ranma wasn't sure if he wants to tell his newly discovered family every thing in his life. Especially his 'special' condition. “It just that my life is very complicated and I have no idea how to put it delicately.”
 
“It's okay Ranma.” Misako tried to comfort Ranma. “I promise you we won't judge you until you tell us all about it.”
 
“Yeah Ranma after all we are family so you can tell us anything.” Sana encouraged hew new cousin Ranma.
 
“Don't worry Ranma it couldn't be that bad as you make it sound so.” Added in Rei.
 
“Okay if you say so.” And so Ranma starts telling them his whole life story. From the time he was Genma took him that 10 year training trip to the time he met Ukyo (he thought she was a boy back then.) From the time Genma tried to teach him Nekoken to the time he was challenged by Ryoga (he waited three days until Genma took him to China. Ryoga arrived on the fourth day.) He even told them about his curse, the Amazons, the Tendos, the Kunos, how Akane treats him, Happosai, The Seven Lucky Gods, Prince Tsubasa, The Musk Tribe, The Phoenix Tribe, until finally how he almost gotten married. And let's not forget every thing else in between those events. “... and so that's basically it.”
 
The three rescuers reacted to Ranma's story in their own way. Rei had his lower jaw dropped. Sana was wide-eyed in total shock. And Misako still had her calm demur look but is now sporting a pulsing twitch on her forehead.
 
“Wow that's some life you have there Kid.” Rei was trying to be open minded about Ranma's situation.
 
“Yes you seemed to have interesting adventures.” Misako comprehended, “However I do have one thing to ask.”
“What do you have in mind.” Ranma was a bit nervous about what Misako was going to ask.
 
“This curse you mention. Are you sure it is real as you say?” That was Misako's question.
 
“Of course it's real.” Ranma was getting defensive.
 
“Whoa easy there Ranma.” Rei tried to calm Ranma down and show him that they mean no offense. “It's not that we don't believe you or anything.”
 
Misako stepped back in. “It is just that we wish to see this curse if you don't mind.”
 
“Are you sure that is what you want?” Ranma was a bit nervous about showing his curse to his newly discovered family.
 
“Yes we wish to see it with our own eyes.” Misako made her point.
 
“After all you got nothing to lose.” Rei added in.
 
“Okay but I'm going to need two glasses of water for this. One hot and one cold.” Ranma instructed.
 
“Very well. Shimura, please give our guest those two glasses of water that he requested.” Misako asked her most faithful lady servant.
 
“Yes Ma'am.” Shimura bowed down and headed straight to the kitchen.
 
“So how come it's water that is only the element that trigger this curse?” Rei questioned.
 
“That I still don't know.” Ranma admitted. “All I know that how it was when Pop and I got our curses. His is a panda.”
 
“This Jusenkyo is a strange and mysterious place.” Misako assumed.
 
“It's because of that place that I wasn't be able to live a normal life.” Ranma countered.
 
“Oh come on Ranma I'm sure it can't be all that bad.” Sana tried to see this in a positive light.
 
“Trust me kid it's not something that you want to wish on your worst enemy.” Ranma debated.
 
Shimura returned with the two glasses of water on a tray and placed them on the table. “Here's the two glasses of water Mi' Lady.”
 
“Thank you Shimura. Now Ranma perhaps you can show us this curse of yours.” Misako was set on seeing Ranma's curse.
 
“Fine if you insists.” Ranma picked up one glass that has cold water and simply splashed himself with it. With an instant he was turned into the buxom red-headed female version of himself. “This is what happens when I get splashed with cold water.
 
All three plus Shimura and Marou were bug-eyed in extreme stupor. Never in their life have they ever witnessed anything like this.
 
“Whoa the dude looks like a lady!” Babbit was also surprised by all of this.
 
Misako, Rei, Sana, and Shimura were lost for words.
 
“I-i-i-it's astounding!” Rei.
 
“Incredible!” Misako.
 
“Unbelievable!” Shimura
 
Marou fainted dead away.
 
“Wow that looks so cool!” Sana was practically poking at her adoptive cousin to see if some parts are real.
 
Of course Ranma doesn't see it that way. “It's not as cool as you think. “
 
“Oh come on Ranma do you have any idea many girls, especially at my age, wish they have gazongas as big as yours?” Sana continued to check Ranma.
“It's breasts Sana. And please stop fondling Ranma like that. He looks uncomfortable.” Misako corrected her daughter.
 
“I know that Mama I just uneasy saying that word.” Sana stopped handling Ranma's breasts.
 
“Because of this stupid curse I can't be a man among men.” Ranma hang his head in shame.
 
“What the heck do you mean Kid?” Now Rei was curious.
 
“My Pop told me I must become a man among men so that I can inherit the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts.” Ranma told everyone.
 
This time it was Sana's turn to as a question. “Is that why he took you on that ten year trip?”
 
“Yeah it was.” Ranma replied. “But before he was about to take me, he made a promise to my mother and gotten me to signed a contract that I didn't know what it was back then.”
 
“And what contract would that be?” Misako was getting suspicious.
 
“That if I don't become a Man among Men I'll have to commit seppuku.” Ranma's answer made everyone shriek in terror.
 
“SEPPUKU!?!”
 
“Now do you see why this curse is such a problem for me?” Ranma got everyone to see his point of view.
 
“But still don't you think that's too harsh just because of your curse?” Rei was really concern about Ranma's well being.
 
“It's because honor demands it!” This conversation is starting to climate.
 
“But what does your mother have to say of all this?” Shimura had to ask.
 
“She agreed to it.” Ranma responded.
 
“Why would she agreed to such a horrible fate?” Rei.
 
“She holds honor among everything else.” Ranma
 
The room was silent for a few seconds then Misako started to giggled a bit and it escalated into a hearty laugh. “Oh that's a good one! Ho-ho-holds honor among everything else! That's hysterical!”
 
“Misako please I don't think this is a laughing matter!” Rei was trying to make Misako to see the seriousness of this situation.
 
“I'm sorry,” Misako regain her composure, “it's just that the idea of Nodoka as an honorable woman is just too ridiculously funny.” Then she starts laughing again.
 
“Hey now what's that suppose to mean?” Even though Ranma was grateful to these people who rescued him he still doesn't like the idea of someone talking about his mother like that.
 
“Tell me Ranma do you think you know your own mother that well?” Misako is now getting serious.
 
“Well I uh..” Remember Ranma was taken from his home when he was so young so he doesn't even knew that he has a mother. Mostly it's because that Genma hardly ever talks about things like that. Too distractive from The Art he saids. “The thing is I recently discovered that I have mother when I first saw her in my curse form.”
 
“So you didn't know that you have a mother back then when your father took you on that training trip.” Misako tried to get the facts.
 
“She didn't know I was her son when she saw me like this.” Ranma confessed. “Since then every time she comes by to the Tendo's house Pop and I had to go into curses before she discovered us.”
 
“Let me guess the seppuku.” Misako hit the nail on that one.
 
“Yeah that's it.” Ranma continued. “Pop was afraid that a boy who turns into a girl is considered to be unmanly on my mother's terms.”
 
 
That is so like Nodoka deciding what is manly and unmanly. “Please go on Ranma.” Misako politely let Ranma go back to his story.
 
“Well it was going fine until she finally discovered about my curse.” Ranma was getting sullen. “Of course my mother has this weird idea about what's is manly so you could say that I was sparred.”
 
Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. “However even though my mother some what accepted this curse, honor still demands that I have to marry one of the Tendo daughters.”
 
“You don't mean that violent little girl who was going to mallet you?” Misako kept on asking.
 
“Her name is Akane Tendo and it was two older sisters, Kasumi and Nabiki, who pushed her to me because of her hatred for boys and I'm a guy half a time.” Ranma gave that information to Misako.
 
“So you don't like her that much?” It was Sana's turn to ask.
 
“That violent tomboy? Yeah right!” Ranma reacted hastily. “Like I would be seen with her!”
 
“If you don't like her then why you were going to marry her and at such a young age I might add?” Rei need to get to the bottom of this.
 
“Because it's for honor's sake.” That was the best answer Ranma can give them.
 
Misako was laughing again. “I'm sorry it's just that word 'honor' was a bit to humorous to me.”
 
“Why do you think honor is so funny?” Ranma didn't like the way Misako was poking fun at honor.
 
“Please don't take offense. I don't mean your honor is funny. It's how being used.” Misako tried to explained this ordeal.
 
“What do you mean Misako?” Ranma raised an eyebrow when he asked that question.
 
“I mean the word honor was just a front that the families put up - a pretty word that only supports their denial that they're placing two children together for their own selfish needs. The majority of the time, people have arranged marriages because of money, upholding family name, or getting something financial out of the situation. Either it be marrying their daughter off to a rich husband and saving the family from bankruptcy, or uniting two families together to create one formidable one, it doesn't matter. It all plays down to this: greed. Honour was never in play. Heck, if they were all honorable, people would have married people that didn't have good family names or wealth.” Misako summoned her answer with her usual regal and poise.
 
Everyone was stunned by what Misako had just said.
 
“But Misako what is exactly that you trying to say?” Rei was getting a bad feeling about this.
 
“Unlike Ranma's so called parents, I don't believe in honor.” Misako meant what she said.
 
“Don't believe in honor?” Ranma repeated. “How can you say such a thing.”
 
“Oh come on if I did I wouldn't be the woman I am today.” Misako said it proudly.
 
“But aren't you afraid that you might dishonor your family?” Ranma tried to see this the way Misako sees it.
“Ha! Like I would let my family control me. I want to live my life the way I want it! Do what you want to do! Follow your own Rules! Be your own person. Be Free!” Misako had no regrets about the decisions she made in her life.
 
Now Ranma wish he could be like Misako. Being free from responsibilities. Doing what ever he wants to do. Not have to worry about anyone else. “That's easy for you but I don't think I could be like that.”
 
“Who said you couldn't?” Misako went back to the still female Ranma.
 
“Well Pops for starters, then Mr. Tendo, then my mother...” Ranma was cut off by Misako when he mentioned his mother.
 
“That reminds me, you still haven't answered my previous question. Do you know your own mother that well.”
 
“Now that you mentioned it, I guess I haven't really.” Ranma answered as honestly as he could.
 
“Then it's about time I told you the truth about her.” Misako was about reveal the true story about Nodoka. “But first why don't you change back into a boy so that I can tell you all about it.”
 
“I'm glad you ask.” Ranma grabbed the still warm glass of water and splashed himself then he returned to his male form.
 
“Now we got that settled, tell me Ranma, have you ever wondered why your mother was still quite young to you?” Misako was setting the now male Ranma up for her story.
 
“No not really.” Ranma haven't even thought about that. “I thought lots of mothers looked like that at her age.”
 
“I see, well then have you ever wondered how old was she when she was pregnant with you?” Misako gave Ranma some interesting points.
 
“I don't know, twenty, twenty one, twenty two...” Ranma tried to guess as best as he could.
 
“She was exactly about your age when she had you.” The answer Misako gave knocked out everyone else around her.
 
“Let me get this straight, I'm sixteen years old and if she was my age when she had me then that would mean She Was Sixteen Too?!?” Ranma figured out the math, even though it was his worst subject. That's another thing he and Sana have in common.
 
“Whaa No Way!” Sana was also shocked as well. “She was sixteen when she was pregnant with Ranma!?!”
 
“Why are you surprised?” Babbit intervene, “your real mother was fourteen when she was pregnant with you.”
 
“Oh yeah,” Sana remembered, “but still sixteen that 's still too young don't you think?”
 
“That's not the least worst of it.” Misako kept going. “Your father was about twenty one when he first met your mother.”
 
Everyone's jaw dropped when Misako said that part. “You mean my Pop got some sixteen year old girl pregnant when he was twenty one.”
 
“Yes but he didn't know back then.”
 
“But what are you getting at Misako?” Rei was so caught up with this story.
 
“Nodoka told him that she was either eighteen or nineteen at that time.”
 
“You mean my mom lied about her age?” Ranma wasn't sure if he wants to know more about his mother's past.
 
“Correct Ranma. You see, I'm not sure how to say this delicately but your mother was a teenage prostitute.”
 
Ranma was paralyzed by the waist down when Misako said that little fact about his mother.
 
“So Ranma's Mama was a hoochie Mama!” Babbit was two more babbits for this skit. “Hey Big Boy wanna have some fun?” called out a pink eared babbit dressed like a prostitute. “Um uh I'm not so sure.” said a blue ear babbit dressed like an innocent young man.
 
“I know it's hard for you to accept this but yes it's true.” Misako still has some more secrets. “And if you think that's bad enough, your father was engaged to someone else.” That was the shock heard around the world.
 
 
“WHAT MY POP WAS ENGAGED TO SOMEONE ELSE BUT HE GOT MY MOM PREGNANT!?” All of this information was too much for Ranma to handle.
 
“Back then before your father was a con artist, he used to be a good young man full of high hopes and promised. One time he was engaged to this nice girl who came from prosperous family and we were so happy for him. Then one night, his so-called friends thought it would be a good idea to let Genma sowed his wild oats before his wedding day. So they took him to one of those red light districts...”
 
“Um are you sure you should be telling this story in front of impressionable children.” Babbit was indicating to Sana.
 
“Just let me finish this story!” Misako doesn't like to be interrupted. “Anyway, his friends set him up with this one girl who is none other than your mother. The two of them hit it off well I guess I shouldn't have to go into details. After Genma and Nodoka had their little 'fun' his friends brought him back home just in time for his wedding. Hours went by until the big day. However just as the minister was about declare Genma and the woman man and wife, Nodoka barged right in the middle of the ceremony and marched right up to Genma. No one knew what was going on but she told everyone that she had sex with your father on the night they met and that she is pregnant with his child. Which turns out to be you Ranma.” Misako finally told the truth about Ranma's parents.
 
Ranma was on a verge tears.
 
“I understand that you find all of this heart-breaking.” Misako tried to comfort Ranma. “But imagine how his ex-fiancée feels.” The Kurata Matriarch continues. “After Nodoka made her announcement that poor woman Genma was suppose to marry slapped him across the face and broke off their engagement. Then she stormed off out of the alter and that was the last we ever heard from her.”
 
“So that's it then.” Ranma tried to fight off the tears. “What happened after that?” The pig-tailed youth didn't really wanted to know more but he felt like he should.
 
“After that fiasco my family did what I still believed was the biggest mistake that Genma ever made in his life.” Misako brought out the knock out. “They made him married Nodoka.”
 
Now for nearly his whole life Ranma has been told many many times by his father that real men do not cry but after hearing everything that Misako told him he did something that he has never done before. He cried. “I don't believe. All this time I thought that Pop was training me so that he can raised me to be a man among men so that I can inherit the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts but it turns out that he was trying to get rid of me because I'm an accident!”
 
Even Rei and Sana and Babbit were crying.
 
“That is the saddest thing I've ever heard in my life!” Sana wailed.
 
“That monster! How dare he that to his own son!?” Rei bawled.
 
“Why would any father do something like that to their own child!” Babbit weeped.
 
Not wanting to let this heart wrenching scenario to go any longer Misako did the one thing that she could think of. This usually works on Sana when ever she cries. She went up to Ranma and brought him to her embrace. Misako hugged Ranma.
 
Not a glomp but a real hug. Unlike those glomps that Ranma gets from his other fiancées or that Panda Bear Hug that Genma uses on Ranma to render him helpless. This is an honest for truly hug. Ranma actually felt warmth from Misako's hug. With Misako he feels a sense of peace.
 
“Momma.”
 
“Misako”
 
Never have Sana or Rei ever seen Misako taken some one like Ranma before.
 
“No Ranma you are not an accident!” Misako reassured the crying Ranma. “You were never an accident. From the moment you were born I knew you were something special.” She brought Ranma closer to her. “I was there on the day of your birth. June 21, 1990. The year of the horse. Your mother may have given birth to you but I hold you in my arms. I was the who named you.”
 
“You named me?” Ranma asked between sobs.
 
“Yes, yes I did.” Misako professed. “After you came into this world, Genma's parents requested to me if I would like to be your godmother. Since I would've like to be a mother someday. I named you because you were special to me. I named you because I know you meant for greater things. I named you because I love you.”
 
Ranma has heard those words, 'I love you', many times from his so-called fiancées but he knew that they never mean it. But when Misako said it to him he feels some kind of lovingness and security over him. And with that thought Ranma did something that he would never do to his betroths. He hugged Misako back.
 
“Thank you Misako.” Ranma actually feels better. “You're the first person that actually cares about me.”
 
“Of course I do Ranma.” Misako ensured, “we all do. Rei, Sana, Shimura, and I cared about very much. You are much more part of this family than your own. I'm just sorry that I wasn't there when Genma made you go on that idiotic trip.” She and Ranma finished their hug to each other. “But I'll promise you that I'll do what we can to help you get a brand new life.”
 
“Can I help too Momma.” Sana did not want to be left out. “After all Ranma is family and I'll do what ever I can to help start a clean plate.”
 
“That's clean slate.” Babbit corrected.
 
“Of course you can Sana.” Misako was so proud of her adopted daughter growing up like this. “Ranma needs the help we can give to put his past behind him.
 
“If Sana wants to help then I'll help too.” Rei gallantly volunteered. “I want to help on what ever Ranma needs to make it into this world.”
 
“That's good because I'm entrusting Ranma into your care.” Misako declared.
 
Wha?!” Rei was flabbergasted.
 
“Think about it Rei.” Misako explained the situation. “For Ranma's whole life Genma has been filling his head with garbage on how a man suppose to be. What Ranma needs is a positive male influence that will show him what it truly takes to be a man. And you Rei are the perfect role model. You may not be old enough to replace Genma as Ranma's father but you can be his big brother.”
 
“Well since you put that way Misako.” Rei enthusiastically accepts. “I Rei Sagami will be the best big brother that Ranma ever have. I'll take him fishing, camping, hiking, sports events. Anything that many brothers would do in order to guide Ranma into what it takes to be a true man!”
 
“Um that's really great dude.” Even though Ranma is grateful, he feels a bit uneasy around Rei. “But don't you think we should take this slowly. You know one step at a time.”
 
Rei regain his senses. “Of course you're right.” he scratched his head in an embarrassed way. “How about I take you someplace for lunch tomorrow. My treat.”
 
“Okay cool.” Ranma was now starting to warm up to Rei after offering him a free lunch.
 
“Good now we got everything settle.” Misako finishes and turns to Shimura. “Shimura would you please get a room ready for Ranma? It's getting late and we have long day tomorrow.”
 
“Yes Ma'am” Shimura immediately gets started on Misako's bidding.
 
“Come on Ranma I'll show you to your once Shimura gets finished everything ready.” Sana offered.
 
“Okay in a second.” Ranma told his cute and happy cousin. “Um Misako can you one more question?”
 
“Of course you can.” Misako was listening on what Ranma wanted to say.
 
“What was the name of the woman that Pop was suppose to marry?” He's been wanting to ask that ever since Misako told him the truth.
 
“Hmm it has been long since that incident.” Misako placed her folded up fan under her chin and stood in thought. “But I think it was Chika Kuno.”
 
“Kuno” Ranma repeated the last name in shock.
 
“I take it that you are familiar with that name.” Misako was now curious about why Ranma was bothered when she said Kuno.
 
 
“Are you kidding?!” It was Ranma turn to make his explanation. “That's the name of the family that's been giving me nothing but trouble ever since Pop and I came to Nerima.”
 
“Do tell.” Now Misako is curious.
 
“Okay first there Tatewaki Kuno. He's 17 years old. Studies Kendo, always talking in Shakespearian phrases, and he always bother Akane and my female side to make them to go on a date with him. Plus he thinks that I have some kind of weird evil spell on them and fights me every day at Furiken High School. Next there's his sister, Kodachi Kuno The Black Rose. She's about my age. Studies Martial Arts Rhythmic Gymnastics. Goes to an all girl school. And she's in love with my male side and tries to kill my female side. Finally there's their father. Principal Kuno. He wears these ugly Hawaiian shirts, plays the ukulele, and has this little coconut tree on top of his head. He always tries to make the students of Furiken High School to get haircuts. Crew cuts for boys and bowl cuts for girls. And I'm always his favorite target. Always trying to cut off my pig-tail. This family only has one thing in common, they are completely insane.” Ranma finished his explanation.
 
“This is truly a strange coincidence.” Misako found a little humor in all of this. “Who would thought that the woman that your father should've married would might have come from that family.”
 
“Down right creepy if you ask me.” Ranma felt shivers just thinking about it.
 
“Well since we are still talking there's something I need to tell you.” Misako confided to her gender changing godson.
 
“Sure what is it?” Ranma seemed interested.
 
“When you told us that Genma took you to Jusenkyo and he told you and the Tendos that he never spoke a word of Chinese.”
 
“Yeah what about it?” Ranma was confused about where Misako was going with this.
 
“Well I kind of find that hard to believe since he used to get A's when he took a Chinese speaking class back in our old high school.” That bit of information send Ranma into total loop.
 
“WHAT!?! You mean my old man can actually speak Chinese the whole time?” Now Ranma was more confused than ever. “If he did then why did say that doesn't?”
 
“I'm not sure but I suspected that your mother my have something to do with this.” Misako never did trusted Nodoka but she couldn't think about that right now. “Anyway you should go and get some rest.” She advised to Ranma.
 
“Well okay goodnight then.” Ranma joined up with Sana who was still waiting for him.
 
“So what did you and Momma talked about?” Sana was speculative or being nosy about that conversation between her mother and Ranma.
 
“Oh just some last minute details.” Ranma didn't want Sana to be worried about things like this. “Race you to our rooms. First one wins gets the first serving of breakfast.” And Ranma started running a quick pace.
 
“Hey wait up!” Sana tried to catch up. “You never been to our house and you don't know where anything is in here. You need me to show you around.”
 
Misako couldn't help but chuckled at their antics. “It's nice to see the children at play.”
 
“I might as well turn in too.” Rei yawned.
 
“Wait Rei.” Misako paused Sana's manager. “There are still a few things that I haven't told Ranma yet.”
 
“What do you mean?” Rei sense that Misako was hold back something.
 
“Remember that I told Ranma that he wasn't an accident?” Misako recalled.
 
“Yeah.” Rei doesn't like where this is going.
 
“Well it is true. Nodoka didn't get pregnant by accident.”
 
“What!? You mean that Nodoka got herself pregnant by Genma on purpose?”
 
“That's always been my suspicion but I didn't have enough proof to help me back up.”
 
“If that is true then would Nodoka did something that?”
 
“I'm not sure but I'll tell you this. You see before I started college Genma was suppose to be the heir of the Kusatsu Spring Inn.”
 
“What Genma?”
 
“Yes I know it's disturbing but it is the truth. However he lost that right when he was force to married Nodoka and was passed down to me.”
 
“But you never wanted your family's inn in the first place and your mother was trying to pass it down to Sana.”
 
“Even though I don't want the inn I couldn't let that woman Nodoka get her hands on it either.”
 
“So you're telling me that Nodoka is trying to after your parents business?”
 
“I'm afraid it's much more than that Rei but what ever it is I'll do in my power to put a stop on Nodoka's sinister plans and then make her and Genma pay for what they did to Ranma.” Misako scowl went deeper when she made that declaration. “Would you mind getting me the phone Rei? I would like to make a call.” Misako has that little smirk on her face. Which means she has a plan.
 
“Of course Misako.” Even though Rei know that it's late to make any phone calls he did what Misako asked him to do.
 
Meanwhile back at the Tendo residences. After that fiasco at the wedding that never happen. The rest of the NWC went back to their homes. Only Soun and the Saotomes were the only ones up with the exception of Kasumi working in the kitchen. Why that poor girl do these things we'll never know.
 
“Come on Saotome think! We need to know why that cousin of yours suddenly went up and kidnapped Ranma.” Soun tried to urge his old time friend to come up with a plan on how to bring Ranma back.
 
“Don't you think I didn't know that Tendo!?” Genma barked. The lack of sleep and sake can do that to a man. “And even I did I don't think Misako would ever tell us. She's just stubborn that way.”
 
“Still husband we need to know where she is hiding Ranma?” Nodoka reminded Genma. Trying to act like the worried mother that she is.
 
“If I knew Nodoka. If only I knew.” Genma tiredly admitted. “We don't know even know where she lives.”
 
“Sad but true Saotome.” Soun put a hand on Genma's shoulder. “But we mustn't give up. It's up to us to make sure Ranma and Akane get married and carry on the the School of Anything Goes.”
 
“Here here Tendo!” Genma stoop up proudly.
 
“Here here!” Soun echoed.
 
Nodoka pinched the bride on her nose. I am surrounded by idiots.
 
Suddenly there was a phone ringing and Kasumi went over to answered. “Hello Tendo Residence. This is Kasumi Tendo speaking.” The oldest Tendo daughter gasped when she heard who was calling. “Oh My yes they're here. I'll get them right away.” Kasumi quickly went to the living room to fetch her father and his friends. “Excuse me but that was Misako Kurata on the phone and she wishes to speak to you Mr. Saotome and Auntie Nodoka.”
 
“What!?!” The three grown-up reacted and got up to get that phone call.
 
“Oh my they seemed to be excited about Misako calling us.” Oh if only Kasumi the true reason why Misako was calling.
 
Nodoka was the first one to grabbed the phone. “Hello Misako? Where's Ranma? What did you do to my son?”
 
“Oh so now you're starting become like a concerned mother.” Misako snided. “And I thought my daughter was a convincing actress.”
 
“Enough with these games Misako and tell where are you hiding Ranma!” Nodoka barked at the receiver.
 
“Relax your son is safe.” Misako playfully put Nodoka mind at ease. “However I don't think he is in the mood of wanting to see you and Genma any time soon.”
 
“What's that suppose to me Misako?” Nodoka was loosing her patience.
 
“He knows.” Misako gravely spoke. Causing Nodoka to be a little nervous.
 
“What do you mean he knows?” Nodoka did not like that sound on Misako's voice.
 
“Oh I told him that funny story on how and Genma first met.” Misako told Nodoka over the phone which made the Saotome Matriarch went wide eye in fear.
 
“Exactly what did you told him?” Nodoka's voice was cracking.
 
“Everything.” Misako said it with a sly smirk. Then she went into detail on what she told Ranma.
 
Nodoka was so parallelized that she couldn't even blink.
 
“Nodoka are you alright?” Genma tried to snapped her out of it but she didn't responded. “Nodoka can you hear me?”
 
“She told him.” Nodoka whispered in a quivering voice.
 
“What?” Genma didn't hear her clearly.
 
“THE BITCH TOLD RANMA EVERYTHING!” Nodoka roared in anger that would rival Akane's. Causing Genma and Soun to fall over.
 
“Oh my.” Kasumi never heard Nodoka using such language before.
 
Nodoka was now seething. “I will not be made a fool out of by her! I'll get even! I WILL GET EVEN!!” Unknowingly she crushed the receiver in her hand. Another damage added to the Tendo's expenses.
 
Misako simply hang up her phone. “And so the seed has been planted.” Misako smiled devilishly and let out a hearty laugh.
 
“Why am I getting a bad feeling about this.” Rei was even to scared about what is Misako thinking.
 
Back to Ranma and Sana. The two cousins still up and about in Ranma's new room.
 
“Man I still can't believe that I actually have my own room.” Ranma was so happy that he might actually get a good night sleep.
 
“Kind of a nice change of pace after sharing a room with your father huh Ranma?” Sana smiled at newly found cousin. “Lucky for us it's not a school night. We are going to have so much fun together.”
 
“Yeah well just promise me that you won't wake me up by either splashing me with a bucket of water or throwing me out of a window.” Ranma playfully ruffled Sana's hair.
 
“Okay I won't.” Sana laughed. “But just to let you know, I don't think you're a pervert just because you turn into a girl.”
 
“You don't?” Ranma was a bit taken when Sana told him that.
 
“Nuh-uh I think your curse was pretty cool. And if anyone else doesn't think so then I'll give them a severe Kurata Kick! Hiya!”
 
For once Ranma was touch. Never has anyone to defend his honour. Many people think, mostly his rivals, that Ranma didn't have any honour. And people were always on his back on how he should defend theirs. “I'm glad someone does. First girl who found out about my curse, and by accident, was Akane Tendo and she's been pinning me as a being a pervert about it ever since.”
 
“Ha! If I ever meet this Akane chick then I'll give her a taste of this!” Sana was showing off her martial arts skills.
 
Ranma couldn't help but laugh. “That I would love to see.”
 
“Come on Miss Sana it's time for bed and your cousin needs his rest.” Shimura poke her head into Ranma's room.
 
“Okay Shimura” Sana gave out a sleepy yawn. “Well I might was get some sleep. See you in the morning Ranma.”
 
“Good-night Sana.” Ranma said as Sana left his room.
 
“Good-night Young Ranma.” Shimura added in and turned off the lights.
 
“Good-night Shimura.” And with that Ranma lied on his back in the bed and was contemplating what has happen. “Man this has been one crazy day. First Misako and that Rei guy rescued me from being married to Akane. Then I found out that my mother was 16 when she had me. Now here I am in big ritzy house and a room of my very own. But still why did Pop lied about not speaking Chinese.” Ranma let out a big yawn. “Oh well can't worry about that now or else I'll be up all night.” Ranma Saotome for the first time in his life is now getting a peaceful sleep.
 
A/N: Hey looks what happens next time on Ranma Kurata. Well now that Ranma finally learns the truth about how his parents really got together. Do you think that he want to go back? What plan that Misako has up on her sleeve? And what could be Nodoka's true reason marrying into the family? All of these questions and more on the newest chapter of Ranma Kurata Chapter 03: Ranma, Would you Like to be a Kurata? (Please help me think up a new name for the next chapter.)
 
A/N: I want to place Ranma in a new school and I've been doing a lot of research on Sana's neighborhood and where her school is and I've came up with one solution. I'm going to make up a school for Ranma. It's going to be high school in the arts and entertainment field But I need help thinking up a name. I don't want to name it “Jinbo High School” That's too generic. I want a name that has unique and with a personality. Ranma's new school will have classes of art, film, TV, media, theater, performance art, and creative writing. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.