Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Rolling Mist, Morning Wind ❯ Sighs, Groans, and Oops ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rolling Mist, Morning Wind A Ranma/Rayearth Fanfic by Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

I have received one of the weirdest reviews ever asking if Lantis and Hikaru met yet. I don't mean to sound rude, but the MKR season has ended, story-wise, for about 5 to 10 years (to be explain in future chapters, though Kasumi already said so herself). There will be things different, as Kasumi certainly isn't Fuu, but they will be mentioned in future episodes.

Chapter 4: Sighs, Groans, and Oops.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------- --------------------------------

To Ranma's embarrassment and chagrin, everyone he was introduced to *did*, in fact, ask if he's Kasumi's lover/boyfriend. He quickly learned that she had turned down every suitor, so they thought that she had someone on her home world.

"Maybe she does care about Doctor Tofu." Ranma thought idly as he stretched slightly in one of the gardens Ferio and him were going to spar in.

It all started when he introduced himself as a Master of his Art to some woman with a weird hair color. Someone got the bright idea of him fighting against Ferio and seeing who would win, and Ranma wasn't able to prevent his foot getting into his mouth.

So here they were, in a garden where there were little plant life and a large water fountain in the middle of the field. He glanced nervously at the water, once again angry that his father had cursed him into turning into a girl. Over his training, he kept thinking that if only he didn't turn into a girl, a lot of his problems wouldn't exist.

However, he can't let that distract him. Ferio had already told him he could do spell like effects with his skills. Well, he's not the only one that can do that, and it would be a nice surprise to save up.

"Ready?" Ferio asks, taking his sword out. If he used anything else, it would be meaningless.

"Whenever you are." Ranma neutrally replied, taking his favourite stance-less stance. Sometimes, even masters fall for this trick, but from the look on Ferio, it doesn't seem like it'll work.

Then suddenly he felt his opponent move. He bent backwards, performing a back flip while trying to kick the sword into the air, but he was too slow to hit. Pushing up with his arms, he dodged the flat of the blade that came from Ferio completing a full circle and aiming for a smash, as well as setting himself up to multiple counters.

Rolling in midair, Ranma landed on his feet, smiling and quickly dashed towards Ferio, aiming to enter his guard. With a sword that large, once he got inside, it shouldn't be that hard to knock him out.

However, he was surprised when Ferio flipped the large sword on his side and change reversed the swipe, forcing Ranma to jump to avoid it. He changed his attack to a flying kick, which his opponent dodged by using the momentum from the sword to pull his body. Ranma quickly tried to follow, but was forced back when he realized that Ferio did not let the momentum dissipate, instead using it so he'd be facing his opponent, and return to a guard position.

"Not bad." Ranma said, impressed at the speed the large sword was being wielded. All that had at most taken only ten seconds.

"You're not bad yourself." Ferio replied, smiling in response. "Only a few people could fight me at my speed."

"Heh." Ranma said, rubbing his nose. "You haven't seen anything yet." With that, he dashed towards Ferio with his fastest speed, intending to finish it as soon as possible. Ferio replied with a straight thrust, which he dodged so quickly that it left an afterimage for nearly a second before he struck with one of the special attacks he learned in the Yama-sen-ken scroll.

A loud explosion could be heard where Ranma struck Ferio's chest plate. The prince was propelled back and through a thin tree before crashing into an older one that didn't break. Ranma's fists were smoking as he flung it around in pain, underestimating how hard the plate was. "Owwww... HA! Yama-sen-ken special attack: Houkai-Yama Ken (Mountain Breaking Fist)!"

From where he was, Ranma could see Ferio's chest plate had cracked, but the damage was less than he thought. He had already pushed the attack to his personal limit, where it should have broke through the entire plate and maybe broken a few bones (the attack was designed to break bank vaults), but it doesn't seem like it dealt that much damage. Where he punched, the entire plate was shattered and was falling out, revealing a hole the size of his fist. However, it would seem that it absorbed the majority of his attack as Ferio shook his head and got back up, a grimace on his face.

"I see I underestimated you." He said, looking down at the growing hole in his armor. He slowly walked back to where they were fighting and said, "Let's try again." He lifted his sword in an overhead position, with the tip facing Ranma. Once again, Ranma was surprised at the apparent strength of Ferio as being able to actually hold the large sword up in the air in one hand must be tough.

Ranma hid a frown. There wasn't a lot combative skills in the Umi-sen- ken, and those that he did learn, was either overly destructive in a spar or completely useless unless against naked flesh. And judging by the damage he dealt on the armor, it doesn't seem like his normal attacks would deal much. The Yama-sen-ken was completely too destructive to the environment they're fighting in, and he only managed to learn three attacks from that scroll, including the Mountain Breaking Fist. However, one thing that the sen-ken scrolls taught him was how to refine his ki, so maybe this is a chance to test how much he learnt in an actual battle...

Seeing that Ranma wasn't going to move first, Ferio dashed forwards, and turned his blade with the flat side facing down. When he noticed Ranma was about to counter his attack, he changed his grip on the sword and struck down with the flat first, yelling, "Pressure Sword!"

A wave of air pressure rushed towards Ranma from the blade, creating a wall of wind that rushed towards him. From his training in the Hiryu Shoten Ha, he could *see* the air pressure coming towards him and with a jump backwards into the air, he gathered his ki in front of his cupped hand, forming it into a large bullet shape, and yelled out his trademark attack, "Moko Takabisha!"

Out of the corner of his eyes, he could see specks of energy gathering in his ki attack. His eyes widened as he saw a swirl of white within his normally orange attack, and suddenly he realized that being in Cephiro must have done something to his ki when he was blasted backwards violently from the unexpected recoil. However, he managed to change the direction of where his attack was heading, so that it shot off harmlessly into the air and through the green and red pillars. Unfortunately, the recoil from the attack and his change in direction also caused him to fly off in a different direction, landing him straight into the fountain.

Shaking his head clear of the water, he could see Ferio quickly moving towards him to check if he's alright. Ranma flipped some of his hair out of his eyes when he suddenly noticed something. Looking down at himself, he found that he could actually see straight to his feet without something blocking it. In fact, he was so surprised that he looked up at Ferio before fainting altogether as his body finally realized he used up more ki than he had been ready to use.