Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Project I: Zero Ranma ❯ Through the Darkness, Part 1 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In the forest area near the Masaki shrine, a cyan haired figure hovered above the ground, not really touching the soil, but not also flying high enough to attract attention. Her senses were in the lookout for anything out of the ordinary.

Finally, after taking her senses were tripped, she sped towards the source, passing through trees like she was nothing but a ghost. She stopped a meter away from the source of energy. It was a black armored boy, bleeding. The armor showed sign of cracking and destruction in some areas. Bringing out an energy sword from her hands, she carefully put the tip in the chin of the boy and lifted it up. It was unconscious.

"Washu," the girl said to her watch. "I found him... He seems injured."

A face appeared in the watch. It was a young red head. "Get him here as quickly as possible. And call me mom!" and she vanished.

"Alright..." the girl said to no one in particular. Carefully carrying the boy, she flew through the trees and back to the Shrine.

-Omega X Present-

-Project: Zero Ranma-

-Chapter 5: Through the Darkness, Part 1-

=Three days afterwards=

Deep in a sub-space pocket, Washu, also known as the greatest scientist in the known universe, began typing numerous of complicated equations, not even sweating when it came to almost impossible math formulations. In front of her was a screen, showing Ranma without his armor, eyes down and breathing steadily. Cuts and gashes were seen in his body.

"Done..." Washu declared. It was a tedious work for her. Trying to heal the boy in conventional means was impossible because the boy wasn't pure human. His living cells were merged with advanced metals that weren't normally found on earth. It took about two days of analysis and using trial and error to finally find the correct procedure.

"Normally, he can be healed in thirty minutes, but..." she trailed off. The boy was attacked with magic, and the magic had an ultimate effect. It accelerated the time for the life cycle of his body to self-decompose. What it meant was that the cells of Ranma were slowly degenerating because of the attack did to him. "It will take about three more days..."

Since the first problem and second problem were solved, Washu took the liberty in taking a DNA sample from the boy. The computer did a scan of the blood and Washu's eyes went wide. (This is interesting...) she thought.

Washu went down from her chair and checked her watch. It was lunch time.

=Masaki household=

"I don't know what to do..." Nodoka's voice was clear on the other side of the phone.

"Calm down, dear, I'm sure Ranma will be back..." Katsuhito replied. "How long was he missing?"

"Three days ago. He came to school, and he never came back," Nodoka replied. "Even Ukyou doesn't know his whereabouts..."

Katsuhito sighed. He remembered the time Tenchi was kidnapped and was missing for months. He knew how his daughter felt. "If I find Ranma, I'll call you..."

"Thank you," Nodoka sobbed and they both hung up.

Sasami called the troop, and everyone, except the Galaxy police were going to the table. Tenchi was trying to eat peacefully, but it is nearly impossible with two females arguing about ho sits besides him. Ayeka and Ryoko were sizing up again at each other.

Washu came late, though, but she was smiling. The smile lingered for almost ten minutes when Ryoko knew something was up. "Found anything?" asked Ryoko.

"Why, yes. He is an interesting specimen... and cute to boot..." Washu said thoughtfully, but still smiling. Ryoko frowned. Seeing her daughter's face, Washu scowled. "Oh, c'mon Ryoko. It's not like that... I did the scan on him."

"And?" asked Ayeka.

"Well, he is half human and half Juraian..." Washu declared.

Katsuhito dropped his spoon. "Is he the person you found three days ago?" he asked.

"Yeah, I found him," Ryoko said. "Mom here detected an unusual high energy near the grounds, and I found him."

Katsuhito frowned. Washu must have noticed it because she asked "Why, Katsuhito, you know the boy?"

"Well, all the facts seem to fit together... If I'm not mistaken, he is Ranma..." he answered thoughtfully, and then turned to Tenchi. "Your cousin..."

=Juuban, three days ago=

Ranma and Ukyou ran towards the street. They were late for school, for the first time, only because Ranma waited up for Ukyou, who overslept, watching the news about the `Assistor of the Senshi, Zero' Special report. Monsters attacked at random places, and the Senshi were always helped by Ranma in his armor. The Mavericks were getting stronger, but it was still nothing that Ranma couldn't handle.

"YES!!!" Ukyou declared when they reached the gate. They beat the clock by two minutes.

"It's not over yet, Ucchan..." Ranma said, carrying Ukyou. "We might be late for class..."

They reached the classroom with only ten seconds before the alarm. Ranma noticed something odd.

When the bell rang, the teacher asked a familiar looking girl to introduce herself.

"Class, we have a new student, just transferred from Nerima high, please welcome Tendo, Akane..."

(Oh, now I remember! It's that girl that visited us before!) Ranma thought.

"Hi, I'm Akane Tendo and..." she started.

Ukyou, on the other hand, was discussing stuff with her with some of her classmates.

"Man... I wish I had a hunk for a brother..." one of the girls said to Ukyou. They watched how Ranma ran to the class, carrying Ukyou like they were newly wed.

"Tough luck!" Ukyou said. She smiled as she remembered the fleeting feeling when Ranma carried her to class.

"Thank you Miss Tendo," the teacher said. "Maybe some of us will pay more attention in class?" she said, eyes a bit flashing at Ukyou. "Anyway, Miss Tendo, please take a seat."

=Lunch time=

Nabiki approached her sister during lunch. They both ate in a secluded are near the trees. It had some nice stone tables which students used. Some took small tables, and others, like Ranma and his friends, took a large one.

"How's school?" asked Nabiki.

"Well, it's much better than Nerima... Why do you think dad wanted us to transfer here?" Akane asked.

"I have no idea... but at least you don't get challenged anymore..." Nabiki said. She sat down next to her and looked at Ranma's table. "Kinda famous, isn't he?"

"Hmph, he's nothing but a pervert..." Akane answered. "Look at him; he is surrounded by six girls!"

"One of them is his sister," Nabiki said neutrally.

"See, he is more perverted than I thought!" Akane declared.

Nabiki sighed. Her sister was really a pain in the ass sometimes when it came to boys. The cuter they were, the more perverted they were supposed to be.

Ranma was having a grand time discussing meatballs and spaghetti which Rei started and made Usagi angry when his watch rang. The watch which was given to him during his fight with Mavericks was given by Dr. Light, and he was now using it to detect any Mavericks present within the area.

Ami also stopped laughing when a beep came from, her pocket. It was the Mercury computer, and it detected yet another anomaly. Both parties standing up, the five friends were the first to stand up and run.

"I'm sorry, but we got something to do..." Ami said.

Ranma and Ukyou were left alone and when the five girls were gone, Ranma said to Ukyou "I'll be gone for a while. Don't wait for me." And before Ukyou could say anything, Ranma ran out as well.

It was yet another peaceful day in Juuban, and it was a damned waste of the day without anyone attacking. So, after five minutes, a weird looking Maverick appeared again in the football field. It hissed. "All of you! YOU WILL ALL DIE!", and it stretched, forming weird wings in it's back. It looked like a peacock.

"WE WON'T ALLOW IT!" said a voice on top of the trees. "FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY! FOR THE NAME OF JUSTICE AND THE MOON! YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED!"

It was Sailor Moon and the Sailor Senshi... [tan tan tan ten!]

All of them jumped down towards the enemy and launched their respective attacks. The Maverick just vanished and the Senshi were screwing their heads around trying to figure out where the youma went. They al felt an explosion in their backs.

"MWAHAHAHA! You are weak!" it said, throing another volley of missiles, which followed each of the Senshi.

The Senshi retreated again, jumping into different forms of gymnastics and the missiles still hit. Each Senshi were thrown in different places. Their suits protected them so far, and only a tear on the skirt showed that the monster was winning.

"DIE!" said the peacock as he sent another missile to Sailor Moon. Before contact however, something slashed down diagonally, making the missile explode in the air. People noticed that the ground, and a rose was standing there at an angle.

"Do not fear Sailor Moon," said a voice from above. Everyone looked up. It was Tuxedo Mask.

"Oh great," Jupiter said. "I'll bet you he attacks the monster head front and he gets his ass kicked before he could say Sailor Moon."

"The terror you spread weighs heavily upon you," Tuxedo Mask said. "Monster, I will assure your place in the netherworld! YAH!" and he charged towards the peacock.

"Whoa," both the Tendo sisters said. "And I thought Kuno was bad..."

Tuxedo Mask came towards the monster, and lashed out with his cane and hit the monster dead in the face. They both mearly stood there while the wind blew and carried a few dust particles to give the camera a dramatic effect. It was ruined by the monster's laugh.

"WAHAHAHAHAHA!" it roared, and everyone face faulted. "Is that the best you can do? Pathetic!" and it crouched, and it's fan from the back glowed and expanded into white energy, Tuxedo Mask was hit directly and flew away, saying...

"SAILOR MOOOOO..." and he vanished in the sky.

"Told you..." said Jupiter.

"Is that all this measly timeline can do?" the monster asked. Then, someone tapped him in his shoulder. It whirled around, and met face to face with Ranma.

"Uh, sorry I'm late... Ryuenjin, 85% Power!!!" and Ranma's blade turned to pure red fire, as he slashed diagonally upwards, jumping upwards. The peacock roared and disappeared.

Mars stood up and grumbled. "Hmph, he just caught the guy off guard. My Mars Flame Sniper would've finished it off..."

"I don't think so..." Mercury said, her eyes on her computer. "I analyzed the temperature of the fire. It was more or less the temperature of the surface of the sun, take or add a few degrees..."

"WHAT?" asked all the inner Senshi. They all turned back their attention to Ranma.

Ranma kept moving, his scanners going wild every time, like the time he fought the same Cyber Peacock before. All he knew was to wait till he appeared. When it did, Ranma jumped into the air, hit it twice and did his Ryuenjin attack again. The monster roared everytime it was hit. Finally, after the monster was so weakened that he could no longer disappear, Ranma used one of his deadly combos.

"Sho-Ryuenjin Reppa!!!" and Ranma's blade went on fire again, as Ranma slashed diagonally upwards, bringing it down and used the laws of moments, made a circular arc and hit the monster again, and doing another circular arc, he slashed the enemy upwards, dragging him in the air, while Ranma continued to press the blade against the enemy by jumping. The monster roared and it glowed white before it finally exploded.

Ranma landed on the ground, his R-Saber still fiery. He slashed air and the flame was extinguished as the energy disappeared, showing only a hilt. Putting it in his back, he walked towards the Sailor Senshi, smiling.

"WOW! HE WAS SO COOL!" Akane said.

"He is much bigger in real life..." Nabiki said. "And the cuteness... Sigh..."

Jupiter and Venus, although used to him already after he helped them countless of times, still were impressed by the way their hero carried himself. Naughty thoughts started to roll again in their heads.

"DEAD SCREAM!" "DEEP SUBMERGE!" "WORLD SHAKING!"

Ranma's eyes went wide as his danger sense started vibrating again, and was not able to dodge those three simultaneous attacks on his side.

"NO!" said the Inner Senshi. They quickly darted their eyes on where the blasts came from. They were there, no doubt about it. Pluto, Uranus and Neptune were there.

As the smoked cleared, all people could see Ranma on the wall. He had his hands on his side, and he was gritting his teeth.

"Threat of the future of Crystal Tokyo," Pluto said in a commanding tone. "is right in front of us. Let us finish this!"

Uranus and Neptune nodded, quickly going towards the armored boy. Ranma opened his eyes and looked at the two figures rushing towards him. One had a sword and the other one a mirror. He shivered as he stood up, waiting for them.

Uranus charged first with a wild stab which Ranma deflected so easily, and he countered attack with a slash in the ribs. Uranus groaned as she was pushed aside from the slash, rolled on the floor to avoid Ranma's downward slash.

Neptune quickly went to the side of Uranus and attacked with her mirror. "AQUA MIRROR REFLECTOR!!!" she shouted.

Ranma screamed again in agony as he felt the attack go through his armor and right to his skin. His armor began to crack as he moved away from the mirror's face. Both Neptune and Uranus wasted no time in using systematic and synchronized attacks on him. Ranma's already injured body was already straining from the movements as he dodged both attacks.

(Best defense is the best offense, Zero once said, in rare opportunities...) Ranma thought. (Maybe now was the time...)

Ranma surprised both as he retaliated towards the two figures. Slashing in wide arcs, he separated them both. When they were separated, Ranma smiled. "Rakuhouha! 65%!" and he punched the ground.

Uranus and Neptune weren't fast enough to dodge the energy spikes going towards them. They screamed as the pain diffused towards their bodies and they went down to one knee.

Ranma breathed deeply. He had to get away now. But before he could teleport away, Pluto unleashed her ultimate attack.

=A few minutes before Ranma used his Rakuhouha=

Pluto analyzed the fight with a hint of admiration towards their foe. Only a few were able to stand up against two Senshis, and yet, he was injured and was still standing against both. But when Ranma countered attack Uranus, she knew that it was only time when the two would be hit. She watched Ranma's fights with the Mavericks and was almost familiar with his style of attacking. When he attacks, it means that more or less, he'll win.

"Time that flows as rivers in the stream, hear my command and aid me in my quest..." she muttered.

When Ranma finally did his Rakuhouha, and the two went down on their knees, Pluto shouted.

"I take my punishment to do what I need to do... CHRONO TRIGGER!"

Ranma shouted again as he felt his whole being sucked into nothingness, when a second seemed years in the pain, where his mind was tortured to the very core. Only his training and instinct gave him the will to teleport out of there as he turned into a grayish black beam which shot upwards, which no one noticed.

Everyone covered their eyes as Pluto released her attack. When they opened it, the whole school, the whole area was devastated. Pluto waked towards her two fallen comrades and made n exit. The three Outer Senshi disappeared from view as the portal closed.

The Inner Senshi was shocked. Not once in their lives did they see such a devastating attack which hit everything.

"W-where is he?" asked Venus.

"I... don't know."

"I can't get his reading anywhere," Mercury said.

"What does that mean?" asked Moon.

"It means he might be dead..." Mercury replied. Her voice was sad.

"No..." both Jupiter and Venus said weakly.

=Two days after Ryoko's discovery of Ranma=

Ranma's eyes opened. He was in a weird place, where everything seem holographic. He tried to stand up, but he winced as he even moved an inch.

"Don't move..." said a voice beside him. Ranma looked at the side. There was a kid, who had red hair. "You're body took heavy damage and the healing already prevented your death."

Ranma didn't reply. "Why... am I sore?"

"You haven't used your muscles in almost two days..." the kid said. "Are you Ranma...?"

Panic registered in his eyes. If his identity about being Zero was discovered, who'd prevent those girls again, or even those monsters from figuring out where he lives, or attack his family.

Washu recognized the face Ranma made. "Don't worry... I won't tell anyone. No one else may not know..."

Ranma was still not convinced.

Washu saw how stubborn he was, and even attempted to give him sedatives, but it make him not trust her more. "I'm a friend of your grandfather, you're mom's father. He knows already about you, but he won't say anything to your mom. Please, trust me. Get some rest."

Ranma took a while, but he sighed as he closed his eyes and went to a deep slumber.

=Masaki residence=

Washu came out of the broom closet and smiled weakly.

"How is he?" Katsuhito asked.

"He's fine. He awoke up already, but he is not ready to take visits from anyone," Washu said silently. "What did his mom say?"

Katsuhito just sighed. "After telling her I found her, she said she'll come here. I think she'll be appearing tomorrow."

Washu nodded. And another explosion shook the place.

"There they go again," Katsuhito sighed. Ryoko and Ayeka were fighting over Tenchi again.

Washu smiled. "It seems like almost everything is coming back to normal..."

"Yes..." the old man said quietly. "Almost..."

=Time Gate=

Pluto frowned. It seems like their foe survived her attack. And to make it worse, Crystal Tokyo was disappearing in her eyes. She cursed. She had to find him and finish it.

To be continued...

/--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------\

Ranma finally meets his grandfather and cousin, Washu and her daughter, Ayeka and her sister. He seems happy, but in reality, he was not yet fine.

He loses his faith in the people he is trying to save, bits per bit. Will he completely lose his faith altogether?

NEXT: Through the darkness, Part 2

\--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------/