Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Project I: Zero Ranma ❯ Reign of Chaos ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Previously, on Project: Zero Ranma-

"CHRONO CHAOS!!!" Pluto shouted as she threw her most powerful attack on Ranma, who had his eyes and ears closed. Just before the blast hit, everything was white, white as snow.

(Am I dead?) Ranma asked. He looked around and saw Pluto, on one knee.

"It's done..." Pluto whispered.

(If I'm dead...) Ranma thought, as he felt himself, (Then death is not so bad... The pain is gone... the room is getting clearer... Wait a minute... I'm alive!)

Ranma stood up and shook his arm.

"H-how?" Pluto stammered. Her strongest attack, and Ranma didn't even get hurt.

"It was me..." said a voice in the darkness. "I took your shot."

Ranma and Pluto whirled around. A man stood at the shadows, and walked towards them.

"Hello Ranma," said the figure, and when his face was illuminated, Ranma gasped.

Sigma returned...

-Omega X Present-

-Project: Zero Ranma-

-Chapter 10: Reign of Chaos-

"Sig-Sigma!" Ranma stammered, out of shock.

Sigma wasn't just a big head anymore. He had a big muscular body, and he was large. He stood almost eight feet.

"Yes... me," he said, smiling. "Thought I would die so easily?"

"But... even if you did go back in time... you wouldn't have enough energy to survive!" Ranma said.

Sigma's smile widened. "Ah... yes, you could say that..."

"Who are you?" asked Pluto, and Ranma jumped. He forgot that Pluto was here as well. "Don't interfere. He will be killed."

"Ah, yes... the ever so old Pluto, Senshi of Time..." Sigma said as he closed his eyes, and a weird purple energy flared up.

Pluto was taken back. "I don't know who you are... but..."

And Pluto never finished, as Sigma disappeared in front of Ranma, to appear in front of Pluto, and he punched her hard in the stomach towards a wall. Pluto got on her knees, hands again over her stomach as she coughed violently. She shakily stood up as Sigma just watched.

"Dead Scream!" Pluto shouted weakly and her hand out. Sigma just took the hit, not even flinching as it hit him, and he put his foot on her neck.

Sigma's hand transformed to a large stick, which Ranma guessed correctly, was to stab Pluto with. He reacted. Before Sigma could impale her, Ranma leapt to action.

"NO!" he said as he flew towards Sigma with a flying kick. To Ranma's shock, Sigma just grabbed Ranma's foot without even looking, and threw him hard on the wall.

Sigma just grunted, and Ranma helplessly watched as Sigma just stabbed Pluto in the stomach with the stick.

Pluto screamed in agony as she felt her power fading away, her power forced out of her, and she slumped unconscious. Sigma removed his hand and Pluto fell down on the floor.

"YES!" Sigma shouted. "THE POWER OF TIME! CHAOS!" and he looked at Ranma. "Entrapi!" Sigma said, and the wall surrounding Ranma quickly transformed, binding Ranma in his hands and feet.

Ranma struggled, trying to break his bonds, but it was no use. He just watched as Sigma approached him.

"So you see, Ranma," Sigma began to talk. "Nothing can stop me know."

"How?" Ranma asked. "How did you survive at all?"

"Ah, what a story it is..." Sigma said. "It all begins with you, human, not a real Reploid, who defeated me using the power granted by your Iris. Remember that gold shine around you? That was the energy of Iris, a raw energy that even I could not contain since it is based on emotion..."

"When you slashed me," Sigma continued, "my chaos energy faded to the point where I was going to die... Yes... probably my darkest hour. I thought at once that if I could at least get some energy from your attack, I would've disappeared, but not died. But, something happened."

"You were transported back in time..." Ranma said.

"Yes..." Sigma replied. "Back in time, where my powers grew weaker. I tried to adapt using energy around the earth, wind, water... and most importantly, the sun. I retained my body using this elements, but I reserved my chaos energy until the time was ripe. When you came back towards the past as well, I thought I was in luck. You are one of the most powerful individuals that arrived on earth, and I picked up your time signature as you ripped through the fabric of time.

I developed a plan, or gambled was more like it. I remembered that I was in the past now, a past where the Sailor Senshi were still alive, where the possibility of the Senshi of Time to still be the Senshi of Time. Using chaos energy to recreate the Mavericks you fought before, you announced yourself in the Senshis presence. I also sent chaos energy directly towards the Time Gate, hoping, maybe prayed that it would reach. It seems that it did work. My Chaos energy allowed the Time Gate to look further in the future. A future without the Crystal Tokyo...

I knew Pluto would see you as a threat, and attack you. I needed two sides against each other so I would make a few changes in this time without interference, changes that would attract further attention to your damned Dr. Light. Who do you think saved you when that short haired Senshi was going to kill you? I did. I needed more time as I felt `him' get closer. I gambled again, and I won, as I felt another Time Distortion. Zero went back in time. I didn't need you, so I just let her stab you."

"All this, just to make Zero come here?" Ranma asked, as he shook the shackles of his bind. "Why?"

"Oh Ranma..." Sigma said. "Zero has something inside him that he never talks about... He is ashamed of it, I might say.

Once Zero returned, I needed to regain a more powerful body. I needed more Chaos Energy to revive me and make me stronger. My solution? Get Pluto. Her power is Time, and Chaos and Time are refined as almost equal energy signatures. But how to get Pluto? Of course, I had to use you again. Divide and Conquer was usually Maverick hunter's usual technique, and I applied it. All I needed was someone with Pluto, someone just tough for her to use her ultimate attack.

As luck would have it, you were the one who fought Pluto, and I thought my plan was going to fail when you had her down, with your claw in her neck. I needed her, yet I couldn't do anything with all those Senshi around the area. But, counting on your decency, you left her alive, desperate to kill you...

I absorbed her Chaos shot, and my body renewed itself. I became stronger, more smarter, more adaptive... I have become what people never believed in our time. A being with almost infinite amount of energy. A god!"

Sigma laughed at the end. "And your use has come to an end... Good-bye, Ranma..."

"Not yet..." Ranma said. Ranma's armor changed again to Lion System mode, and used his wings at his back to push him out of his bonds.

Ranma used his time to focus his Ki while Sigma talked, and when the energy was high enough, he unleashed his Lion system and put all his Ki on the wings. It worked. The high energy output of the wings destroyed the barrier walls [which was bonded to him] and broke through the Dark Past Dome.

X and Zero watched in shock as the black dome grew lighter and lighter until it exploded, where they saw a scene they'll never forget.

"SIGMA?" X said in disbelief.

Ranma's wings were light blue, almost white, burning with energy as he flew up in the air, hand transformed to the Rail Gun, and began firing at Sigma. Sigma dodged and rolled on the floor.

"PLUTO!" Uranus, who already woke up, shouted as she saw her fallen comrade on the floor. "DAMN YOU!" she said to Sigma and she charged.

Neptune, also awake, charged with her lover and friend as well.

"NO! DON'T BE STUPID!" Zero shouted at them, but it was too late.

Uranus made a powerful stab towards Sigma's chest, and Sigma just caught it without looking. Smiling at Uranus, he twisted his hand, and broke that Space Sword. He transformed his hand again to the sharp stick where he stabbed Uranus in the stomach.

She screamed in pain. It was more painful than Zero and Ranma's Rakuhouha as she felt something draining her energy.

"NO! URANUS!" Neptune bellowed as she jumped towards Sigma. "TAKE THIS! Aqua Mirror Reflector!!!" she attacked.

Sigma just grunted and jumped out of the way, with Uranus still in his hand. And when he landed, he threw her off his hand.

"AQUA MIRROR REFLECTOR!" Neptune screamed again towards Sigma.

"Dead Shriek!" Sigma said, hand transforming his hand into an outlet, and a blur was seen, just a blur. Even Ranma's eyes didn't see as it hit Neptune.

Neptune screamed in agony as well as the more powerful version of the Dead Scream hit her at full force. Her attack didn't even slow it down. Her mirror shattered and her fuku was torn. She slumped towards the ground. No one even blinked, but Sigma was already on top of her, stabbing her as well with his hand. Neptune was lucky, as she was already unconscious, that she never felt any more pain.

"Neptune... Uranus..." Saturn said. Her eyes welled up, almost in tears. And she felt a hand in her shoulder.

"No..." said Ranma. Hotaru looked at him. He was exhausted from spending too much Ki. "He'll get your power too..."

"But... he," and Hotaru was cut off.

"Hotaru, listen to me... You're not going to help them if you're dead..." Ranma said. "That goes for you too..." he said, looking at the Inners.

"MWAHAHAHAHAHA!" Sigma laughed as he drained Neptune's energy as well. "I can feel it! I feel it in my body! POWER!"

He looked at the group. "Who's next?"

Ranma whispered. "Everyone, you guys should combine your powers, so he wouldn't have time to counter them all..." and he looked at Zero. "He's after you. I need you to get my mom, Ukyou, those three Senshis," he said, pointing at Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.

"What about me?" asked X.

"I need you to fly me towards him, where I'll attack distracting him," Ranma said. "I'll use my Lion fist to buy you time."

"Time for what?" X asked.

"Time to put the co-ordinates to the Masaki temple, and transport them," Ranma said, pointing at the six Senshi, "Zero, my mom, Ucchan, and those three Senshis. Get the wounded to Washu."

"How about you?" asked Mercury. "Are you coming with us?"

"I'll teleport out of there myself..." Ranma said. "No arguments. Ready?"

Everyone nodded. "GO!" Ranma shouted.

"Mars Flame Sniper!" "Silence Glaive Surprise!" "Moon Spiral Heart Attack!" "Mercury Ice Storm Blast!" "Jupiter Oak Evolution!" "Venus Crescent Shower Pour Down!"

Sigma looked a bit surprised as all of them attacked at the same time. "EARTH QUAKE!" he said, his fist up in the air, where a big ball was formed. He dragged the ball downwards towards the ground where it imitated `World Shaking' attack of Uranus. But much larger. It hit al the attacks of the Inners and Saturn, and the attacks cancelled each other, smoke rising up in the air.

X got his wings out and took Ranma by his arms, and flew towards Sigma. He threw Ranma towards Sigma as hard as he could. Ranma got his claws out and imitated a flat board, claws in front of him, diving like Superman [if you guys need more imaging, how about when Trinity dove towards a window in the beginning of the Matrix?]

Sigma saw Ranma diving and attacked. "TORRENT REFLECTOR!" and he shot another blue beam towards Ranma. Ranma, using his skills, dove to the right and dodged it completely, and landed about two meters left of Sigma, claws out.

They looked at each other for a moment, and with an unseen signal, they both attacked.

Zero, meanwhile, saw the fight between Sigma and Ranma, so he hurried towards Pluto, Uranus and Neptune.

The six Senshi just watched nervously at the fight, while X, who landed besides them, started inputting the codes on his arm computer.

Sigma blocked Ranma's slashes, and kicked him in the stomach. Ranma growled, but didn't stop as he countered with a leg twist with a kick. Both fighters fell down, and both also rolled back up, and dashed at each other again.

Zero dragged the three unconscious Senshi towards X and the others. "Are you done?" Zero asked.

"Almost!" X said as he continued typing.

Zero did what the other Sailor Senshis were doing. Watching Ranma fight Sigma.

Ranma was losing, and he knew it. He spent too much energy to form the wings and break through the barrier and now his expending even more for his Lion System. He had to end it quick.

Sigma was enjoying it. He had so much power, so much chaos inside him, but he didn't want to use it. His plan would need vast amounts of energy and he tried to fight Ranma with minimum energy needed. Of course, that minimum energy was strong enough for Sigma to use the Chrono Trigger, but Ranma was too close.

"DONE!" X said as they glowed in blue light. "We're outta here!"

Sigma looked at X and smiled. He aimed his hand towards the group but Ranma prevented him from firing.

Ranma roared and punched hard but slowly to Sigma's chest. Sigma scoffed as he tried to grab it with his free hand and to counter, but he didn't expect that Ranma's attack was just a feint. Ranma retracted his hand quickly, lashed a kick towards Sigma's arm which made Sigma's shot miss by 3 meters, and he unleashed one of his final attacks.

During his fight with Slash Beast, the Lion spirit that infused with him gave Ranma assortment of moves. Two, the Kosho and Mosho, he already did on Slash Beast, but the third and fourth, the Super and Ultimate attack respectively, Ranma didn't know yet. Ranma added a mental note to train those two moves if necessary. (If I live after this fight...) Ranma thought.

"KOSHO revised! KOSHO X!" Ranma screamed as he opened his fist, his claws in still out, and stabbed Sigma with his left and right. Sigma was taken by surprise. Although his armor was thick enough, and the stabs didn't penetrate, but it hurt his chest.

Ranma, after doing the two stabs on each hand, began charging his Rail Gun, and back flipped to continue the combo, hitting Sigma in his head, and used it to propel himself backwards. When he landed, Ranma unleashed a fully charged Rail Shot.

"Take this!" he said, as he was pushed back by the immense power of his Mark 4 Rail Gun shot at full power.

Sigma didn't have time to blink as he covered himself with his hands. He almost screamed, almost fell, but using some of his energy, he made a shield in front of him to absorb the attack. When the attack subsided, Ranma was gone.

Sigma looked at the empty space around him, and laughed. "Well, we'll meet again, Ranma." And he too disappeared. It was time for his second phase of his plan.

=Masaki grounds=

Ranma's red and grey beamed down towards the ground, about 10 meters away from the house. When his body reappeared, it took a moment before Ranma collapsed in exhaustion. He was still awake for a few moments, where he could hear six familiar voices, Zero's voice and X's voice, and a feeling of someone carrying him up. And he finally slept.

=China, Palace of Lord Herb, leader of Musk=

It's been a while since the Musk lost towards the Amazons. Mint was executed by the Amazons, and their defeat was a big blow to them. Ever since then, he changed tactics. He made his spies get more information, but it seems that even they don't have a clue why their last battalion lost. He was about to attack again, but his advisors were against it. They couldn't afford to lose more soldiers.

"You sound like you need help..." said a voice behind Herb. Herb turned around and saw a mysterious bald man with lines in his eyes, and was big.

"Who are you?" asked Herb. "What are you doing here? How did you get past my security?"

"Hmph... I'm here to offer you something."

"What kind of offer?" Herb said, nervous that the person in front of him had one of the most powerful energy readings he had ever read.

Sigma smiled. "An offer to help you in your conquest..."

Herb looked at him, assessing him. "Do tell more..."

=Sometime later, somewhere hidden in the world=

"What is the meaning of this?" asked a big man with red clothes and black cape.

"Sir Bison," said a man near the computers. "Someone penetrated the..."

He didn't finish as the main doors opened, revealing a tall bald man, and he emitted enough energy that Bison was beginning to find it interesting.

"Who are you?" Bison asked calmly.

"A friend..." Sigma said, smiling. He saw a big machine in the center, emitting Chaos energy as well. "Ah, a man after my own heart. We are going to get along quite well..."

Bison liked the smile Sigma had. "Get along in what?"

"Taking over the world..."

=Washu's Lab, a few moments later=

Ranma woke up, and found himself lying on a bed, armor gone.

"Hope you slept well..." said a voice beside him. It was Washu.

"My mom..." Ranma started to get up, but Washu put her hand gently to his chest and stopped him from getting up.

"She's okay, also you're sister," Washu added. "They had a couple of bruises... They'll recover..."

"How about Uranus... or," but Ranma was cut off.

"They'll be fine..." Washu said, but her tone made Ranma ask.

"But...?"

Washu sighed. "Their powers were drained... Uranus and Neptune, they can't fight anymore using their powers. And Pluto..." and she paused. "Pluto's cell is going self decomposition, like the time your cells were when Pluto attacked you with that... Chrono something..."

Ranma looked surprised. "Why?"

"It seems that her power gave her immortality, and when it was stripped away, her body went back to ageing, and since Pluto's cells never experienced ageing for a long time, her cells are breaking down."

"Is she going to die?" Ranma asked Wahsu.

"No..." Washu said. "I can cure her... but I cant get her powers back. Now enough questions. You need rest..."

Ranma could've protested, but Washu gave him a shot, and Ranma fell asleep almost at once.

To be continued...

/--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------\

Author's Note: Well, I had to put Bison... Who else is a threat to the world? But don't expect him to fight Ranma!

NEXT: Ranma; Back to China.

\--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------/