Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos ❯ The Angel and the Devil ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma/Warhammer 40K/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo Crossover Fanfiction

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma 1/2, Warhammer 40K, Sailor Moon or Tenchi Muyo. Ranma 1/2 belongs to Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Warhammer 40K belong to Games Workshop. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi. Tenchi Muyo belongs to Kajishima Masaki. This story has been created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from this.

The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos

By Montymouse

' ' - Thoughts
" " - Speech
( ) - Action

Chapter Nineteen - The Angel and the Devil

***

"When one ceases from conflict, whether because he has won, because he has lost, or because he cares no more for the game, the virtue passes out of him."
Quote Charles Horton Cooley

***

Location of Conflict: Nerima

The southern area of Nerima was in a complete mess. The Japanese SDF tried several times to bring calm and harmony to the once peaceful . . . well almost a peaceful district. The destruction raged through day and night, with crazed looters and mobs rampaging through the district. Shops were broken into and looted, beautiful maintained parks and gardens were put to the torch and homes ransacked as dishonest civilians sought to take advantage of the dire situation.

Fire spread unchecked and whole areas of Nerima were razed to the ground with no organized firefighters willing to risk their lives on the city streets especially with rampaging Khorne Berzerkers roaming them and vulture like daemons circling the skies for any easy picking. The people that did not evacuate the district huddled terrified in their homes as screaming murderous broke down doors and killed those who were insides; others simply set alight the homes with their liquid fire. The sinister and robotic Space Marines of the Thousand Sons legion marched down the streets with the arcane Bolters. Bolters trained on anything that moved as the sought to clear the streets of human life.

"All to dust! Dust to dust! All to dust!" The Thousand Sons chanted repeatedly as the marched as one down the street.

The whoosh of a Blood Angel's missile launcher greeted the Thousands Sons as they appeared around the corner. Captain Garus of Sanguinius Honour Guard watched as one after another of the Frag missiles found their mark. Despite each burst of shrapnel, the missiles seemed to be having little effect on the heavily armored Chaos Space Marines. Fortunately the Captain had anticipated this and ordered another round at the marching group but this time with Lascannon and heavy plasma cannons. This time, the results were pleasing, as the Thousand Sons were no more, reduced to piles of scrap metal.

Garus didn't have the chance to shout praise for the exceptional marksmanship to his Devastator squads. Amongst the advancing hordes, Garus could see the Khorne Berzerkers wearing armour the colour of split blood.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR KHORNE! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" The constant chants of the Berzerkers, they're harsh, guttural voices sounding anything but human. The Blood Angels tactical squads stood in tense anticipation behind the wall of their makeshift barriers, concrete blocks from a construction company were used to make a barricade but Garus doubted that it would make much difference against the ferocity of the frenzied Berzerkers.

There must be at least sixty of them out there, Captain Garus thought to himself. Certainly far more than those under his command, but he knew that he had faith in his brothers and were up to the task of taking them on alone. Two squads of tactical Space Marines were spread thinly across the line with two Devastator squads lined up behind them in order to get a higher angle of fire. Garus looked around him as he checked his plasma pistol. He braced himself against the barricade and whispered a brief prayer to the Emperor and his Primarch that they had the strength to repel those who would destroy. All along the line of Space Marines, men awaited his order. A mighty fearless Chaplain intoned the chants of battle, his stern, unwavering voice a fine example to the warriors of the First Founding. Garus had already proven himself to his men on many occasions and would inspire future generations by example.

"BROTHERS STAND FIRM AND REPEL THE TRAITORS!" Garus exclaimed and took aim with his plasma pistol at the biggest and baddest Berzerker he could see. A heavy barrage of Bolters, plasma, Lascannon and missile launchers hammered home, the ground beneath his Garus feet shook as the traitors were taken out. Garus watched as the Berzerkers continued with their charge despite their heavy losses, fuelled on with Khorne's blood fury. As soon as they were within ten metres, the Blood Angel was prepared for close combat when suddenly, something strange happened.

It was like time had slowed down as Garus watched what was about to happen. A red mist began to appear and take shape. The scarlet cloud was take physical form. The tangible redness appeared to thicken, twisted shapes becoming visible within the cloud. Garus gritted his teeth as Khorne's warriors of death were summoned, the Bloodletters.

Regaining his composure, he immediately shouted to continue blasting with all they got at the scarlet cloud. A split second later, Captain Garus and his Brothers were suddenly found themselves in the midst of a deadly struggle, Bloodletters leapt over their makes shift barricades, their vivid yellow eyes glaring menacingly as they swept their Hellblades at the defenders. Valiantly, the Blood Angels fought with everything they got, Bolters fired at extremely close range, monomolecular knives stabbed at the creatures of the warp whilst heavy fire shot at the bulk of the Chaos forces. The intense fighting was going well as reinforcement arrived via Thunderhawk Gunship and the unexpected arrival of the division of the Japanese SDF were shifting their outcome of this battle to their favor.

Suddenly one of the Thunderhawk Gunships that were deploying reinforcement exploded violently and pieces of the craft were sent everywhere causing a bloody carnage. Newly arrived Blood Angels Marines were killed instantly and many others were mortally wounded.

"CHAOS DREADNOUGHT!" Garus warned his battle brothers as the cause of the destruction of the Gunship was stomping towards them. The Chaos forces shifted everywhere to allow room for the ravening beast of metal, blinded by psychotic rage. With clanking earth-shaking footstep, the Chaos ridden amalgam of flesh and forgotten technology tainted by Chaos stomped towards their lines.

Captain Garus saw a Blood Angel Marine sergeant boldly leap at the monstrous machine from one side with his crackling powerfist, evading a sweep of its claws and hail of Bolters, and try to sever or destroy the Dreadnought's power cables. The huge warmachine roared with rage and swept its adamnatium claws and blades again, and this time, the sergeant wasn't so lucky and was cut in two. Garus mental noted the name of sergeant for his brave actions to be recorded in the book of the heroes. He turned away from the carnage and immediately had to step back as an obscenely large chainaxe of a roaring Berzerker was swung at him. The whirring teeth tore into Garus shoulder pad, sparks and pieces of armour was sent everywhere. The captain countered with a knee to the midsection followed up with a head shot with his pistol. Garus contemplated retreating but shook off the thought.

"They shall know no fear," Garus whispered and quickly activated his powersword. Another ball of plasma consumed a group of Japanese SDF soldiers and was cut down to the last man as they ran by the raging Berzerkers.

The metallic warmachine slowly turned to face the Devastator squad who were failing to pierce the inch thick ceramite plating and reinforced armour with their missile launchers. The sergeant of the Devastator squad yelled out orders for an immediate scatter when he saw the Dreadnought powering up. Captain Garus swore vengeance as three battle brothers were consumed for an intense flaming ball of white-hot plasma, incinerating them instantly.

In a desperate attempt to take down the Dreadnought, the Blood Angels attacked with rage led by the Chaplain. Garus watched as they were slowly being butchered by the Dreadnought's power scourge. The massive set of jointed metal arms tipped blades, crackled with raw energy. The power scourge made short work of the Blood Angel who tried to take it down as it lashed back and forth wildly, scything through the ceramite power armour with such ease. The death masked Chaplain leapt on the monstrous beast of metal and bought down his weapon of office, the Crozius arcanum on the beast's armour plating. He then planted something on the inch thick sarcophagus and leapt off the machine and rolled across the ground. The Dreadnought internal vox speakers shouted out a howl of damnation and pain. A second later, there was an immense explosion from the melta charge that the Chaplain has placed, causing heavy damage but failing to destroy the cursed infernal machine.

The Dreadnought proceeded to cause havoc on the Blood Angel's front line and if something wasn't done in a few minutes, they would have no choice but to withdraw meaning more of the Blood Angel's precious Geneseed would be lost. Garus was to issue an order to throw everything they got at the Dreadnought, when out of the thick clouds, a group of Angels emerged, raining down death as they descended from the skies. All of the Angels were cladded in full red power armour and armed with various assortments of weapons, capable of splitting even the thickest of all the armors.

Garus looked up and saw who it was that was leading the aerial assault. It was veteran sergeant Damson, one of the Blood Angel's most talented officers. Frag grenades were hurled down as the Blood Angels Assault Marines engaged the Daemons and Chaos Space Marines in a deadly melee, using the element of speed and surprise to their full advantage. Damson managed to land himself on top of the Dreadnought as his clenched his powerfist in anticipation for some serious damage. The massive fist wreathed in destructive energies that easily could rip through the armour of a Leman Russ battle tank.

Damson reared back his powerfist and bought it down with a tremendous force, smashing with his fist through the vulnerable top armour of the Dreadnought's sarcophagus, creating a huge hole and peeling the adamnatium skin back. The Dreadnought began to sway violently from left to right to shake off the sergeant. The rest of Damson's squad were heavily outnumbered but were inspired by their sergeant actions, and fought like the Angels of Death they were.

"For the Emperor! For Sanguinius!" Damson lowered his bolt pistol into the newly created hole and emptied the entire magazine. The Dreadnought spun out of control as the demented space marine inside was killed. The ancient systems that kept the Dreadnought functional were destroyed causing the warmachine to go into fire frenzy, sending intense plasma fire everywhere.

"Brothers! Disengage and withdraw!" Damson shouted and then shoved a few melta bombs into the hole before igniting his jumppack. The Space Marines nodded and withdrew themselves. Two more battle brothers were killed as they attempted to disengage from the hordes of Chaos.

"Brothers, our work is done! With me, now!" Damson shouted and leapt high into the sky.

Garus was satisfied that vengeance for their fallen brothers had been achieved as the Blood Angels Assault Marines escaped just seconds as the Dreadnought exploded. Anything that was within thirty metres was consumed in the mighty explosion, killing everyone within range. There was a cheer of victory from the battered Blood Angels. The loss of the Khorne's most potent warmachine had caused confusion to spread through the Chaos lines. Seizing the moment of opportunity that Garus was looking for, the Blood Angel's counterattacked.

"COURAGE AND HONOUR!"

Garus moved his thumb to the activation rune on his powersword. He leapt onto the war torn street and charged at the Chaos horde. The Blood Angels, especially the eager Assault Marines echoed their captain's warcry and charged. The Blood Angels Chapter fought like heroes against the overwhelming hordes of Chaos. The sounds of heavy Bolter fire and intense close combat could be seen and heard everywhere throughout Nerima. Repelling back the endless waves of Khorne's minions and the traitorous Worldeaters Berzerkers it was taking its toll on the spiritual strength and morale of the Chapter. None of the Adeptus Astartes Space Marines were tempted by the promises made by the daemons. As formidable as the warriors of the Adeptus Astartes were, they would have no option but to fall back in the face of such firepower and aggression.

Whilst the Worldeaters Berzerkers and Daemons allies were engaging the Blood Angels and remaining human military forces, the Thousand Sons were busy setting up barriers and makeshift bunkers in key areas and roads that led to the Empyrean gate. Meanwhile the Blood Angels Devastator squads poured heavy fire from behind their own makeshift barriers, peppering the walls with bolt shells. A Pair of Krak missile charges was fired towards the Thousand Sons' firing positions causing a tremendous chain explosion and leaving a gaping crater in the middle of the street.

Captain Garus dived into the cover of some rubble and depleted his entire clip within seconds as he sprayed the Daemons with Bolter fire. Untold numbers of years of experience and training enable the Captain to skillfully target the weak spots in the Daemons bodies. Explosions of red blossomed where his Bolter shots struck the Daemons' flesh. The howls and screams of the wounded added to the din of battle. The Captain rose to his feet and made a tactical analysis of the situation. His fellow battle brothers soon joined him as they laid down a hail of Bolter fire into the Chaos positions. To his far right a Sanguinary Priest calmly moved from one brother to another, either to administrate medical aid to the wounded or to extract the precious progenoids glands from the fallen. The Priest did his duty even when he walked into a heavy crossfire from both sides to reach a fallen brother.

Filled with determination, Garus looked to see how many of his brothers were with him. He knew that they were running out of time; the enemies were sure to bring up heavy reinforcement and counterattack.

Garus called over his sergeants and hurriedly outlined the situation whilst the rest of his battle brothers gave covering support.

"Brothers, options?" Garus asked, taking the time to reload his weapons again.

Damson, Sergeant of the Blood Assault Squad hefted his trusty bolt pistol. A bit tired from taking out the Dreadnought. He was still ready to take on the whole Chaos forces.

"Call in a limited strike from the Angel of Death to take out the Thousands Sons line that they had dug in. Once they are eliminated, we move in and take and hold ground, then move on." Damson suggested.

Garus considered the possibility of an orbital strike. It was tempting but unrealistic.

"No. If we missed by fraction out or so, we could find ourselves the target or if the yield is too high, Nerima will be the biggest Lake District in the whole of Japan."

Damson nodded to Garus reason. The other sergeants nodded with their captain.

"Flanking attack beta, pincer movement, the Devastator will mask our flanking attack. Assault Marines will lead the flanking attack from both sides whilst the main force engage in a frontal assault. We will meet up in the center and grind our enemies down." Damson suggested again. "It's been tried and tested for six hundred years."

"Excellent suggestion, Brother Damson, but we are lacking the numbers to carry such a coordinated attack," said Garus.

"Then I suppose we have to do this the hard way?" said Damson with a smirk.

"Brother, I know that look, what are you thinking?"

"Captain Garus, suggest a full frontal tactical assault with everything we got at their strongest point."

"Brother . . . that's almost like suicide against their barrage of fire." One of the sergeants said, a bit unsure of what he was suggesting.

"What else have got?" Damson sighed. "The more time we waste, the lesser our chances of us winning. We have to hit them hard and decisively now! Without support of an orbital barrage and only Thunderhawk tactical airstrikes, this is the only option what gave us a reasonable chance of success."

Garus and others nodded and knew at his suggestion. Garus knew the sergeant was a bit bloodthirsty for melee combat but he was right. There was no time for a tactical attack or strategy. Superior training, grim determination and faith in the Emperor and their divine Primarch would be vital. In any war there would always come a time when the battle would have to be won, by taking the fight to the enemy through the fire and meeting him blade to blade, strength to strength. That time was now.

Garus quickly gave the strategic order to his sergeants. He then reloaded his bolt pistol and took out a fragmentation grenade from his belt. His Battle brothers were lined up alongside him, ready for the command.

"BROTHERS, I'LL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!" Garus exclaimed and chucked the grenade as far as he could before leaping over the rubble.

Meanwhile . . .

Sanguinius swiftly returned to the frontline where the defensive positions of Blood Angels Tactical Space Marines were repelling off the assault waves. The return of their divine Primarch boosted their morale and hardened their resolves. Sanguinius was concerned with their safety and felt it was his duty to protect them in this battle and swiftly order half of his personal guard to aid them as they proceeded towards their prime objective.

The Blood Angels Assault and Tactical squads were surprisingly enough gathering slowly lost ground and pushing back the hordes of Chaos. Sanguinius led his zealous Blood Angels Honour Guard on an all out attempt to break through the Daemon ranks by driving a wedge at the weakest point. They had to break through the hordes of Daemons in order to reach the Chaos Gate and seal it before it was too late.

The battle was brutal and bloody as both sides gave either any mercy or quarter.

Saffron and Kiima were in the thick of the frontline battle, against waves of bloodthirsty and crazed Daemons of Khorne and the warp-fuelled flamers of Tzeentch. Saffron used his powerful Ki attacks and elemental powers of wind and fire to devastate groups of Daemons. Kiima used her improved swordplay with her master crafted powersword to slice and hack the Daemons surrounding her.

Kiima ducked beneath a vivid Hellblade and thrust her sword forward into the stomach region of a red-skinned Daemon before wrenching out the blade with a sickening sound. The Bloodletter shrieked out a curse but she quickly silenced him with a disemboweling blow. Kiima looked at the headless creature's body with contempt before moving onto her next opponents.

Somewhere else on the battlefield . . .

'This battle is going to end one way or the other,' thought Cypher as he and his allies repelled back the relentless hordes of Daemons. Tenchi, Ryoga and small group of Blood Angels Space Marines were taking the battle to them rather than waiting for them to come to them. Looking over to his right, Cypher knew that Tenchi was beginning to feel the effect of battle fatigue and just managed to beat the Lord of Change Daemon with his Lighthawk powers. He was about to move on when . . .

"INCOMING!" one of the Blood Angels Marines cried out. "BROTHERS! SCATTER NOW!"

Suddenly the ground exploded around him, spraying him with stone fragments and flaming metal as Frag missiles hammered around him. A nearby rocket shell sent pieces of shrapnel into Cypher's right leg causing an outcry of pain. Another blew apart an unlucky marine completely. Tenchi and the Blood Angels Marines scattered to avoid the bombardments from the Obliterator units, but some of their attacks had inflicted friendly fire on the mass of daemons and Chaos Space Marines. Cypher fell and rolled into cover, blood ran from his wound as he quickly tore a piece of cloth from his tattered robes and tightened it around his leg, to stop the bleeding further. Within seconds, his genetically altered blood had clotted the wound and begun to cicatrize.

The wall that he was using was slowly crumbling under the heavy fire and would be gone within a few minutes. Immediately, Tenchi soon joined Cypher and Ryoga who had also went for cover there. Tenchi was concerned for the Fallen Angel when he noticed the numerous cuts and wounds that he had sustained. Ryoga looked exhausted and tired.

"Cypher, are you okay?" asked Tenchi.

"What do you think?" Ryoga said to Tenchi and looked toward him. "Don't worry about him, he just one tough SOB, aren't you, Cypher?"

Cypher was silent as he slowly reloaded his duel pistols, waiting for the moment when the Frag bombardment would stop. The Daemon momentum was lost which gave the Blood Angels some breathing space even though the barrage of missiles currently pinned them down, heavy Bolter shells and small arms fire.

Tenchi suddenly looked up as he was searching for someone.

"Where's Ranma?" Tenchi inquired, worried about him.

Ryoga shrugged, "How the hell I am supposed to know, he just does what he wants."

"Look over there." Cypher said and pointed. Ryoga and Tenchi looked at the general line of his forefinger.

The smoke was thinning and they were surprised apart from Cypher to see what Ranma was stepping out the smoke created from the missile impacts. The Blood Angels Marines who had taken cover were following Ranma as he stepped through the smoke. There was a sense of utter conviction in Ranma's eyes as the spirit of his sword began to crackle with dark energies. Bullets and shells stitched the ground beside him, but he did not flinch or hesitate.

"Ranma! GET DOWN!" shouted Tenchi and was about to rush out but was quickly pulled back and restrained by Ryoga. Ranma turned to the sheltering trio and grinned confidently.

"Follow me!"

Suddenly an Autocannon shell struck him square in the chest. Ranma staggered, but did not fall. Tenchi and Ryoga jaws dropped as they had expected him to have a rather large hole in his chest but nothing was to be seen, not a single scratch. Cypher wondered where was he able to obtain a level five-force refractor shield until he saw the glowing medallion around his neck and the Terminatus Crux on his right shoulder.

Ranma shook his head and carried moving forward. Glancing over his shoulder towards the trio, he questioned. "What are you waiting for, follow me." He said before leaping into the mass of Daemons.

A Blood Angels Chaplain, who had witnessed the remarkable event, rose to his feet, Corzius Arcanum held high above his head.

"See Brothers! The Emperor is with us! The Emperor protects!" he bellowed, his voice carrying over the entire battlefield. The death mask Chaplain shouted more chants as he rallied his battle brothers to fight on.

"Up, Brothers! Up!" He shouted, gathering the sheltered Marines from their cover. "For the Emperor! Forward! For Sanguinius!"

An inhuman roar of defiance came back from the Daemons and Worldeaters Marines as both forces clashed together in hand to hand combat.

Cypher pressed the activation rune on his C'Tan Phase sword whilst Ryoga knelt beside the body of a fallen Blood Angel, to take a pair of Chainswords from his hands. Tenchi held his Tenchiken in both hands and concentrated as a blue thin beam shot out from the hilt. Taking a deep breath of air, he begins to race into the fray alongside his friends . . .

***

Location: Nerima, Kuno Estate

Tatewaki Kuno felt his breath catch in his throat as he saw the Daemonette gracefully sauntered from the coiling mist, her feline eyes locked onto his. Kuno's heart was pounding and his skin was slick with sweat, yet he was unable to break eye contact with the foul being as her purple lips pulled back into a horrifically alluring smile, its tongue playing over sharp teeth.

"Oh, my pigtailed Goddess, you have come to me as we are destined to be." Kuno proclaimed and lowered his sword willingly.

The Daemonette smile grew larger as she took another step towards the pathetic mortal as she was projecting a psychic illusion of someone that he would not dare to strike. In the dark corner of his mind where his common sense were kept, a voice screamed loudly to strike the female like Daemon instantly and to run like hell before anymore of them turn up.

"Brother, what are you doing? Can't you see she's one of them, kill her!" Kuno's sister, Kodachi shouted at her brother to snap out of it. Kuno ignored his sister's screaming at him and took another step towards his object of desire.

She was too far to reach him in time, and was constantly trying to beat back the foul demons that had dared to intrude onto their estate with her whip like ribbon and assortment of throwing weapons.

"Come into my arms, my pigtailed Goddess," Kuno proclaimed as he stretched out his arms in a welcoming hug of love unaware that he was being tricked by the Daemonette illusion spell to lower his guard down.

Then the Daemonette remained quiet until she was standing before him, and Kuno's mind went blank, his thoughts of warning and common sense forgotten. With a delicate flick of its wrist, the Daemonette slashed a deep gash across his throat followed by another slash across his chest. A dark fountain of blood emerged from both fatal wounds, bathing the creature's pale inhuman skin. As Kuno fell silently to the ground in rapture, his eyes still lingered upon the delicate form of his killer.

"Nooooo!" Kodachi cried out as she witnessed in a slow motion her brother's death, before different Daemonettes who had managed to get close to her to get a hit, knocked her down to the ground.

The Daemonette tilted her head to one side and smiled at the fallen human. She was about to leave Kuno behind when suddenly she paused in her graceful movement.

[Take him, my child.]

The Daemonette sensed the psychic commandment from a higher Daemon being, ordering her to carry the body of the human that she just killed. Without hesitating, she bent down slowly; flung Kuno's corpse over her shoulder, and seductively turned around and walked back to the portal, while more and more Daemons of Slaanesh poured into the Kuno's estate slaughtering anyone that got into their way.

Suddenly opening her eyes, Kodachi looked up in time to see a razor sharp claw coming down on her. Kodachi rolled to the right and leapt to her feet, throwing a spike club at the Daemonette in the head, what hit with a sickening crunch as the object impaled itself in her head. She then looked around for the Daemonette who had taken her brother's body but the wicked demon was nowhere in sight. It was at that moment that she found herself with their personal ninja and servant, Sasuke Sarugature, surrounded by at least twenty children of Slaanesh.

"Lady Kodachi . . . we are surrounded," Sasuke observed and threw a couple of ninja throwing stars and an odd object at the demons.

Kodachi ignored her servant's comment.

"I will have my vengeance for my brother's death, I swear on my Honour!" Kodachi exclaimed as the children of Slaanesh closed the circle around them, showing their perfect white teeth and razor sharp crab like claws.

***

As the last of the murderous Bloodletters of Khorne died, Tenchi collapsed to one knee using his TenchiKen as support and gave thanks that he had survived the encounter with the creatures what had appeared from seemingly nowhere. Cypher thought that fact quietly, as he wiped the crimson blood off his robes with a piece of ragged cloth as much as he could. He could see that the memory of such a terrible moment of his life would remain with Tenchi for a long time, such bloodshed and killing could leave a deep mark on a person so young. Speaking of the young warrior, Cypher looked across to see Tenchi and notice that he was bleeding from many savage wounds and cuts but at least he was still alive, which silently was glad to see. Cypher had seen enough deaths and destruction to last a lifetime so it really didn't affect him as much. Cypher smirked when realised that Tenchi's training with Katsuhito all those years and learning from Ranma had paid off otherwise things might have gone differently.

"Come, Tenchi. We have much to do before this is over." Tenchi looked up to see Cypher towering over him with his hand outstretched.

"When will this be over?" Tenchi inquired as he accepted his help and was pull up to his feet.

"Sooner than you can think." Cypher whispered and rushed over to where the Daemons had managed to break through.

Cypher and Tenchi fought well together as they combined their efforts in repelling back a group of blood frenzied Bloodletters, little knowing that they were being lured into a trap down a narrow street. Something dangerous lurked behind the shadows, ready to pounce on the two warriors, blood dripping from their razor sharp teeth in anticipation of feasting on human flesh.

"This is strange . . . there is something wrong about this situation but what?" Cypher whispered as he watched the fearless and crazed Bloodletters backing away down the street. He took the time to reload his pistols before moving in.

"What's wrong?" Tenchi whispered to Cypher who was on lookout for any signs of trouble. Cypher glanced over to Tenchi, sensing his nervousness and tension.

"Never in my life have I seen a Daemon of Khorne break away from a battle unless . . . "

Suddenly it dawned on him and within seconds, his hand flashed to his sword hilt. The stench of death and blood was strong which would only indicate one thing. A blur of movement and the C'Tan phase sword was in his hand along with his plasma pistol.

"Tenchi, get out of here! It's a damn trap!" Cypher shouted as he switched on his energy sword.

Howls echoed as the creatures of the shadow attacked en masse. Cypher ducked, swinging his sword in a short but brutal arc. His energy blade disemboweled the daemon hound, which dissipated into nothing, but not before of drenching him in its blood. Tenchi activated his TenchiKen; its blue blade flicking in and out at the blood-crazed hounds. Cypher drew a knife from his sleeves, and thrust its blade between the fanged jaws of another daemon hound and gave it a vicious twist for luck. It howled and rolled away tearing the weapon from his hand. Cypher sidestepped and swept his sword down, beheading another daemon.

"Cypher help!" Tenchi yelled as he staggered back, a large open wound on his shoulder from the hound's powerful claw. He dropped to his knee and fearfully watched as the daemon hound leapt towards him, teeth and claws showing.

Several bolt shells slammed suddenly into the body of the bloodhound that was in midair. Cypher lowered his bolt pistol and thundered his boot into the daemon's body, feeling its ribs break under the impact. He stabbed with his sword and the beast slowly disintegrated into nothing. Cypher turned and pulled Tenchi to his feet, dragging him behind a building.

Cypher removed a medical scanner from his robe. "It doesn't appear to be too serious, no broken or fractured bone, no internal bleed or nerve damage," he then pulled out a small spray that he used before, "This might sting a little."

Tenchi nodded slightly and watched as his wound was starting to close up and mend. Cypher helped him to his feet and was ready just in time as the hounds were charging into the steely Defense of Tenchi and the firepower of Cypher. Blades flashed in blurs of blue and yellow and blood splashed against the walls. Tenchi slashed and cut, killing each daemon with every stroke while Cypher protected his back with a volley of plasma and bolt shells. Eventually Tenchi finally cut down the last of them and watched as their material forms dissipated into sparks of light, banished back to the warp.

Cypher slumped to the ground; his white robe covered in blood and gore, his face lined with exhaustion. Tenchi sat next to him, deactivating his blade. Like Cypher, bathed in blood over his black attire. Never in his life has he fought a brutal and bloody battle like this before. Cypher slowly reloaded his pistol, breathing heavily but alert at the same time. An unreadable expression formed on his face and stared at the red sky before turning his attention back to Tenchi.

"You're all right, Tenchi? You fight well for a half human, half-alien . . ."

Tenchi was about to snap back at his remark but Cypher raised his hand up to let him continuing.

"And, you're all right in my books Tenchi Masaki, and believe me, there are only a few names I really trust." Cypher admitted with honesty. Suddenly, he jerked his head when he felt a familiar presence.

"What is it?" whispered Tenchi.

Cypher said nothing but silently gestured to follow him as they crept through the rubble and burnt out buildings, to see the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, M'Kachan amongst the ruins, surrounded by his minions. Cypher seeing the best chance of taking him out, hurled a vortex grenade at him before roughly pushing Tenchi behind the ruins. Seconds later, a huge tear in space and reality opened a vacuum sucking up the debris and Daemon into the tear. Unluckily, M'Kachan's psychic warning told him of the danger, allowing him to prevent of being suck into the swirling vortex. Ten seconds later, the vortex soon calmed down and dissipated, leaving nothing except M'Kachan standing there, its grin soon turning into an evil smirk.

He turned to where Cypher and Tenchi were hiding and waved his forefinger,

"Nice try but it's not good enough!" M'Kachan extended his bony finger at them. "Bolt of Change!"

Tenchi looked up to see a yellow bolt of vivid green lightning heading towards him and was roughly pushed aside by Cypher just in time as the magical bolt vaporised the rubble they were using as cover. Cypher and Tenchi immediately got to their feet and looked to see in M'Kachan's hand was a flickering ball of swirling dark energy. Tenchi watched as he threw the ball at them with incredible speed.

Tenchi then sprang to his left, pushing Cypher with him. A backwash of heat singed Tenchi's hair as the energy bolt passed over them and flickered into a nearby tree. His foliage ignited and the tree burned into cinder. Tenchi then rolled to his right to grab his sword while Cypher rolled the other way and got up.

M'Kachan suddenly appeared in front of them and they watched helplessly as the Daemon Prince raised both hands in the air. A large ball of energy started to be collected between his hands and was about to smash into them, M'Kachan screamed. "Goodbye, Cypher! Tenchi!"

Cypher smirked as he saw in the corner of his eye what Washu appeared just behind M'Kachan with a serious and dangerous expression etched on her face. Blushing back her red hair, a crystalline weapon materialised into her arms. Activating the weapon, she locked her sight on the Daemon Prince.

"This is for hurting my daughter, feel the wrath of Washu!" she yelled and pulled back the trigger on her weapon. A blue energy bolt erupted from the weapon and flashed into the Daemon Prince backside, shattering his chaos shielding and vaporising his right shoulder and wing.

"Aha! Success! No one messes with the greatest scientist in the universe!" Washu celebrated, little flags appearing in her hand but her celebration stopped when M'Kachan steady rose to his feet. A painful expression on his face showed as he tried to concentrate all of his powers and will to stop the flow of energy what was dissipating from his body. Using his staff for support, M'Kachan focused his energies into mending himself.

M'Kachan was deeply angered but unlike other Daemon Princes, he knew when to quit and fight another day . . . especially when he saw what Washu was preparing to fire another round with her unique weapon.

"You will pay for this, mark my words Washu! We shall meet again!"

M'Kachan then dematerialised into the thin air.

His last words echoed in the winds.

Meanwhile . . .

The Daemon Primarch of the Worldeaters Legion gazed down at the battlefield from his vantagepoint. The intense and brutal battle between the Emperor's finest soldiers and the traitorous legion of the Worldeaters was at a stalemate. All around the towering monster were the broken bodies of the Blood Angels Assault Marines who had foolishly attempted to take on the powerful Blood God's Prince. His clawed hand was tightened around his bloodstained hell forged battleaxe, which was drenched in the blood of his enemies. The Daemon Primarch had fought in numerous wars and battles across the universe and had the experience and strength to backup his claims. All of his barely controlled rage and fury were focused into the glowing winged Angel in the distance, which stood out like a beacon of light. His Daemonic visage gaze swept over the battlefield, which was littered with bodies both human and daemon alike. The servants of the Imperium and the foolish Japanese Defense force were battling out with his chosen Worldeaters Berserkers and Khorne's warriors of death.

He could sense the total victory was within his grasp but knew for his experience that this battle could easily go away from him. He could not care less about the Japanese self-defense force nor the untimely arrival of the Blood Angels Space Marines. Sanguinius was the source of his doubt and that the destruction of the Chaos Gate was of vital significance on this battle.

He was about to intervene when his daemonic gaze was strayed for something or more exactly, someone what had attracted his attention. At first, he had thought it was a Daemon of some kind probably from Tzeentch`s group, but at closer examination, came to the realization that it was not a Daemon but something else . . .

'Very interesting,' Angron thought and grinned. 'It appears that he finally has found some of his own kind. Hmm . . . perhaps I could use this to my advantage . . . 'Angron's daemonic visage narrowed closer towards his object of interest.

It was a white haired female warrior, who telling by her swordplay had considerable skill. Angron recognized the runic and design patterns of the sword she was wielding, the markings across the blade and its shimmering glow indicated that it was no ordinary sword. The way the blade sliced cleanly through the daemonic aura of his minions without meeting any resistance was drawing his attention.

"Hmm . . . I wonder why he would give her, his master sword? "

A distant thought appeared in his memories of the Great Crusade. The Emperor gave to each of his Primarchs, a powerful weapon that they used to smite all the enemies of the Terra Imperium. A weapon forged to the point of supreme perfection, using forgotten techniques to create the perfect weapon for the perfect warrior. These weapons acted as icons of the Imperium when they came to liberate worlds and bring them into the Emperor's light. Angron destroyed his sword in the moment he decided to join Horus and pledge his soul to the Dark God of Blood and Skulls, Khorne. The rest of the traitorous Primarchs did so likewise; destroying everything what connected them to the Emperor or the Imperium, so they could pledge allegiances with Chaos or pursue their own dark and sinister motives. The Primarchs that fought for the Emperor and the Imperium kept their weapons close, so why would Sanguinius give his sword to her . . . unless . . .

Then it dawned on him, a sinister smirk ran across his bestial face as he watched the female Phoenix warrior having difficulties in fighting the numerous and nightmarish demons, whilst at the same time was protecting her Lord. No matter how hard they tried to destroy the Daemons, others would appear in their place and continue piling on the pressure.

Angron timed his movement well so she would not sense his arrival.

***

"Hey, Ranma . . . where are you going?" Tenchi shouted. Ranma ignored him as he concentrated on the task on hand, the words from the Dark Angels Primarch echoed repeatedly in his mind, no a fancy stance or technique.

Ranma slowly advanced into the hordes of Daemons of Khorne and Tzeentch alone, his NekoKen blade appearing in his right hand, a serious but calm expression on his face and instead of charging into the daemon rank. Ranma stood his ground and waited patiently for the daemons to charge, which they did intending to rip and tear him apart with their claws and teeth. Ranma closed his eyes and started to concentrate on his psychic powers and emotions, following what Jonson had taught him rather than relying on his Chi or Ki energy for the first time. The black blade of the NekoKen started to crackle with dark blue electricity as he slowly got into an offensive stance. Everyone watched and wondered if Ranma had lost his mind because if he did not do anything in the next few seconds... he would be good as dead.

Only Sanguinius, Katsuhito and Cypher guessed what he was planning to do.

The daemons were almost upon him when . . .

Suddenly his eyes flickered and opened; a nimbus of light flared around his head but the most startling thing is that Ranma glowed in a dark blue aura of psychic energy, rather than his standard chi aura. Lightning sparked out from his aura, killing the nearest daemons instantly while his NekoKen blade started to glow, changing its shape from a sword into a long halberd.

Gripping his hands around the shaft of the new weapon, Ranma smirked evilly as he had begun to understand a proportion of how to control the true power of the NekoKen. Ranma remembered his sparring match with Lion El'Jonson and with that in his mind, he blurred into action.

The runes on the shaft of his halberd blazed and from the blade's tip leapt a bolt of pure psychic energy. The tip of his halberd touched a Bloodletter and flowed around it. The daemon's rib cage was torn apart and its lungs splayed out of it s back like obscene wings before dematerialising into thin air. Ranma leapt forward through the spray of blood and whirled his rune weapon again, swinging it in a vicious arc what chopped another Bloodletter's head down with a clean sweep. Sanguinius smirked and wondered if Ranma was in some sort of blood rage but the way his body moved and the precise sweeps and blows with his NekoKen weapon told him that he was in perfect control.

Ranma advanced forward slowly, swing his weapon while, and at the same time he was parrying the numerous attacks from the daemons. More than a dozen daemons fell in the first few seconds as the blade destroyed the energy bonds that bind them to the material world, and were banished to wherever they came from. Ranma ducked, swirled and slashed with deadly precision, his training with Jonson paying off, remembering what he had said about destroying them in order to save those he care for.

A daemon loomed behind Ranma, in his claws he held two vicious blades of daemon forged metal, which glowed with a vivid green. The Bloodletter's champion snarled and growled at the mortal. Ranma did not really take any notice of the creature behind him, as he was busy impaling a daemon through its chest without mercy before wrenching it out to parry another. The Bloodletter's champion leapt high into the air, intending to land on Ranma. Casually Ranma raised his right hand up at the daemon; a black chi blade appeared in between his fingertips before throwing the blade at the midsection of the daemon. The daemon champion fell torn into two by the chi blade but the chi blade didn't stop there as it begun to fall and continued to cause havoc and mayhem through the daemon ranks like a hot knife through butter. Ranma whirled around and expertly lowered his halberd down; a smile appeared on his face, as it was Tenchi and Cypher, who were aiding him in break through the daemon ranks. Tenchi stared in complete shock and awe at the sheer power his friend had just demonstrated against the Daemon horde.

"Ranma, where did you learn that!" Tenchi exclaimed.

"Dammit! Ranma, give us a break and let us catch with you! Now, I have to train even more to beat the crap out of you!" Ryoga shouted when he appeared from seemingly nowhere to join the party.

"Very impressive." Cypher whispered.

Ranma glanced over his shoulder with a confident smirk, "I'll tell you a lot later."

***

The roar of Bolter fire, the zealous shouts of the Marines and their fearless Chaplain what bellowed battle prayers urging the Blood Angels on, resonated with a deafening echo in Kiima's ears. Letting off controlled bursts of weapons fire into the mass of Daemons scrambling towards them, Kiima and her group of Blood Angels held their ground against the onslaught of Daemons and traitorous Berserkers. As the blood stained, muscular grotesque Khorne's warriors of Death flung themselves at the zealous Space Marines, in wave after wave as they materialized. The Blood Angels Devastator arc of fire cut them down with sustained Bolters, melta and plasma fire before clashing in a deadly melee of hand-to-hand combat.

An enraged daemon sprang at Kiima; the creature blood shot eyes fixed on her. It bellowed a roar of rage and swung its hell-forged blade towards her. Without hesitation, Kiima brought her powersword and lashed out at the Daemon at the creature's midriff. In a mess of gory, ropes of intestines flopped from the Bloodletter's body, coiling around the halt of the powersword. Kiima turned her head away in disgust.

Kiima held her sword high above her head. The light glinted off her bloodstained blade and allowed a satisfying smile across her delicate features. She brushed back her hair as she watched the unholy Daemons of Khorne were halting their advances. At that moment, she thought that the Daemons were retreating. Kiima of the Phoenix tribe had defeated the hellish hordes of Khorne . . . she thought as she gazed at the blood carnage all around him and it took all of her resolves not to weep at what she was seeing. Although they were not of her kind, the sight of such carnage and death was affecting her deeply and silently hoped that this would be over. All around her, the men and marines lay dead or dying, slaughtered by creatures driven by a single purpose or Chaos Space Marines driven by centuries of hatred who had sold their immortal souls to the Dark Gods.

The Blood Angels of the First Founding were prepared, despite of being outnumbered by superior numbers. They were strong, and thought they lived for the Emperor and their Primarch. They were ready to fight fearlessly to the end whilst the brave soldiers of the SDF were ready to protect their homesteads.

She felt a cool breeze behind her as her Lord arrived. Kiima slightly turned her head towards him when he was beside her. Although he looked strong and confident, looked set to carry on the fight, deep down, she knew that he was beginning to felt the effects of battle fatigue.

"Lord Saffron, the demons are retreating," she commented her observations. She then looked up at him and saw the serious expression on his face that usually indicates that something was troubling him.

Saffron nodded and knew that their troubles were about to get worse. He was wondering if Sanguinius was right to carry on the fight and had recently lost contact with him during the mist of battle.

"Indeed, you are right." Saffron said and crouched down to touch the blood stained ground. His eyes were closed, as he allowed himself to be connected with his surroundings.

"Kiima, do you can feel it?" he whispered. She shook her head.

Kiima looked at her Lord with a puzzled and slightly confused expression. It was one of these moments that her truly respected him, as his senses extended far outside the range of mortal beings. It was a rare moment in what he showed an air of maturity and calmness that only Lord Sanguinius displayed.

"The Daemons are retreating because they are regrouping and are setting up for something . . . "Saffron spoke sternly. The buildup of dark warp energy could be felt as he extended his Ki senses further than the eye could see.

The Daemons were waiting for something.

Kiima felt a sudden dread of fear creeping up her spine. The whooshing sound of jump packs landing behind them caused to turn their sights to know who were. The sight of two ten men strong squad of Blood Angels Assault Marines was a needed help to reinforce their line. The squad leaders approached them as they removed their golden helmets. The wounded and the dead were taken away for the Thunderhawk Gunship rapid and efficiently before the next waves would come.

"Lord Saffron and Lady Kiima, under the orders of our illustrious father and lord, we are here to act as your bodyguards during the duration of the conflict." The sergeant said with authority. "The Daemons will pay dearly for their infestation." The sergeant added and saluting the Phoenix leader awaited his command.

"Sergeant, where is Lord Sanguinius, shouldn't we wait for him?" Kiima inquired, hoping he was be joining, and if he was okay.

The sergeant straightened himself up and turned to face Kiima, "Lord Sanguinius says he will be joining us as soon as possible. Currently he is preventing the Daemon hordes from venturing further into the district."

But then the sky darkened and roiling black clouds appeared from nowhere when she sense the beat of powerful wings parting and Kiima had barely perceived the vision of a vast red figure crashing down to earth with an earsplitting boom. The creature heavily thrust out its slab muscular chest and was spreading its powerful arms wide as it roared its challenge. It carried a broad bladed sword of dark iron, its unnatural sigils blazing with an unholy light. Kiima stood there with total calm and composure on the outside but deep inside she was nervous and had doubts about the oncoming assault. Joining the hulking Daemon Prince were groups of muscular monsters that came from the darkest reaches of hell. Armored in brass and covered in filthy blood matted fur, they carried blood-drenched axes and lashing barb whips.

Kiima took a step back at the creatures of Khorne in fear and hesitation and took a quick count of the daemons approaching them. Saffron remained quiet, unafraid at the hordes of blood red daemons stomping towards them armed with vivid green hell blades and long sharp talons. The squad leader had already signaled his assault marines for the assault and was preparing to charge the daemons before they did.

The daemons were about one hundred meters away from their position, the Blood Angels assault marines were readying their Chainswords and pistols, and were ready to hurl their Frag grenades before charging in.

"Lord Saffron, we must charge now or we won't have the early advantage." The squad said, suggesting the best course of action against the daemonic hordes.

Saffron stared at the daemons for a few seconds before nodding, "Very well, Sergeant, lead the charge." He said, stretching out his large wings for an aerial assault. Kiima did the same as the Assault marines ignited their jetpacks.

Like death from above, the Angels of Death led by Saffron and Kiima rained upon the Daemons of Khorne like no tomorrow. The thunder of explosions, the Blood Angels crashed into the daemon hordes, pistol firing and Chainswords flashing and the battle was met as two sides clashed together. Saffron's Phoenix powers were devastating against the Daemon hordes, with his chi and Ki of wind and fire but no matter how many daemons he slew, there was always more to replace their losses. During the middle of the carnage and bloodshed, Kiima was so involved in fighting the daemons off that she had lost sight of Saffron. All that she could see was an endless tide of blood soaked creatures from hell. Kiima almost threw up when she saw a fearless Blood Angel torn into pieces by the shrieking daemon weapons. Thousands of throats gave voice to a roar of bloodlust as they continued their assault.

'What the hell! It shouldn't get dark at this time of day!' Kiima thought when everything suddenly when dark around her. Looking around, Kiima assumption was correct which she looked up to see it was not a sudden eclipse but something huge overshadowing her.

With a tremendous crash that shook the very ground, Kiima turned around to see a huge muscular winged daemon, as it's bestial face glared at her, showing a huge grin. The Daemon Prince roared as he raised his gigantic axe of Khorne in the air.

"Leave her, She is mine!" Angron commanded as his daemon minions understood instantly and ignored her, like she wasn't there and continued their assault in Saffron and the Blood Angels.

Kiima stood her ground, her sword held in both hands. Deep inside she was trembling nervously as Angron stomped towards her with an unpleasant expression painted on his face.

'Sanguinius, where are you?' Kiima thought as she looked up to see Angron towering over her.

***

Ranma Saotome took a moment to regain his breath as he cut himself a bloody path through the hordes of Tzeentch and Khorne Daemons. His clothes were stained with the blood of his enemies as he took the chance to analyse the situation. At first, the battle in his area had gone well but with constant reinforcement and surprise ambush parties, it was taking its toll on the battlefield.

The Blood Angels Space Marines fought regardless of the enemy but the Japanese SDF weren't made of the same stuff that their giant counterparts were. They were cut down for dozens, as they retreated shamelessly in front of their enemies despite putting up a good fight with their armoured divisions and airstrike. Ranma could hear the bellowing battle prayers from the Chaplain as he inspired courage and Honour in the hearts of his fellow brothers. Ranma grinned when he heard his name mentioned in some of his battle chants. Cypher and Ryoga were busy handling the Daemons that tried to circle around Ranma whilst Tenchi fought beside him like battle brothers with his Lighthawk powers and swordplay.

Tenchi was in a similar condition as Ranma was; he was also tired and weary. The Chaplain that was with them stopped and allowed his fearsome gaze to settle on the pigtailed warrior, admiring his talents in the art of war before turning around and urge his brothers to go forward.

"COME ON!" he exclaimed and pointed his Corzius Arcanum at their hated foes. "The forces of Chaos have tainted this land with their presence. Let it be their last! Let us make them empty dearly for each yard!"

Tenchi watched as the Blood Angels around them rushed forward past them behind their Chaplain as they clashed head on with the forces of Chaos. He then looked towards Ranma who rubbing his ear to shake off the ringing in his ear as the Chaplain Battle speech was a little loud for his hearing.

"He seems enthusiastic." Tenchi commented, watching the Chaplain smashing his way through the daemons ranks.

"Yeah, I know," Ranma replied as his head felt like someone set off a Frag grenade.

Tenchi nodded and glanced at the advancing horde and Khorne's Berserkers rushing forward on the left. "They looked mad."

"I know," Ranma replied quietly. "Come on, let's not disappoint them."

***

Sanguinius master - crafted armour that he wore underneath his long priest like robes was dented in a dozen places and blood ran freely from his temple. He was having a hard time in maintaining and keeping his blood rage in check as he slay those who came within reach of the raging Primarch of the Blood Angels. All around him were his zealous and loyal elite Honour Guards, forming a defensive ring around their Lord. Scores of Daemons fell beneath Sanguinius righteous sword, cleaving through the chaos hordes and punishing the traitorous warriors, who dared to call themselves Space Marines. Sanguinius grunted more in surprise than pain as he felt the heavy impact of a Khorne chainaxe. The breastplate had absorbed the majority of the blow but went no further. The Berzerker didn't have the chance for another strike as the Primarch cleaved the marine into two with his sword.

He took a step forward and looked along the length of the battling front line. The situation was bad, but not beyond saving. The Worldeaters and Thousands and their daemonic counterparts had more troops and heavy weapons support, but Sanguinius had some of the most feared and experienced warriors of the Emperor's finest fighting for him. And the superior training, weaponry and legendary discipline of the Adeptus Astartes was now proving its worth. The fearsome reputation in close combat and determination was paying off as Sanguinius could see that the chaos attack had lost its momentum.

At their right flank were the Japanese forces, men and tanks attempting to rally against the Daemon creatures and frenzied warriors. The fiercest Worldeaters rallied and charge again and again, shrugging off the scores of bullets like they were nothing. At their left flank a swaying but more organized line of resistance, a swaying, crumbling line of soldiers, tanks and heavy weapons struggled to contain the horde of Tzeentch and Thousand Sons constant barrage of fire. They're primitive weapons blasting into the masses at point blank range.

"Chaplain Seraph!" Sanguinius shouted. "You're attention is needed!"

The skull - helm Chaplain heard his calling and quickly smashed the head of Bloodletter with his Crozius Arcanum. He leapt off the barricade and hurried over to his Primarch, firing his plasma and yelling out battle prayers at the same time.

"Lord Sanguinius?" said Seraph, his breath and pulse racing with the beat of adrenaline.

"Chaplain, I need two squads from our reserves, tell them I need them now! I need them to engage the enemy's right flank. If they can hit them hard enough and quickly enough we can roll up the chaos line and force them back."

"It shall be done, the Emperor is with us!"

The Chaplain nodded and rushed off to implement the plan.

Sanguinius smiled that all was going well at his front until he heard a loud, high-pitched scream. He knew who had screamed, it was like something cold was stabbing at his heart. Leaping into the sky, he scanned the battlefield for her and he saw something that made his blood boil and felt his rage beginning to consume him. Kiima was in serious trouble. Saffron was nowhere to be seen and by the looks of it, she was fighting a losing battle against the Daemon Primarch. Angron parried her sword away and giving her a brutal rabbit punch into her stomach, knocking the wind out of her.

Sanguinius had enough, she needed his help and it was up to him to save her. Leaping into air, he weaved forward at incredible speed through the chaos of explosions and bullets to reach Angron, who by now was holding Kiima by her throat, trying to strangle the life out of the Phoenix commander with his muscular clawed hand. Kiima was struggling to get out of his vice like grip but she found it to be in vain, as he was much stronger than she was. Pure anger rushed through his veins but had to remain calm if he was to save her and deep inside him, he felt the blood rage building up within him. He paused momentarily to hurl a Frag grenade into the advancing Khorne Berzerkers, blowing three of them to pieces. Behind him, Garus and Damson appeared from the sky to join the fight into the advancing Khorne Berzerkers and Daemon Bloodletters clearing a path between their Primarch and Angron, the Daemon Primarch of the Worldeaters. Sanguinius saw Garus in the corner of his eye, nodding to him to say they would deal with this as threw a couple more of Krak grenades amongst the nearby enemy.

Garus activated his jump pack as he leapt into the middle of the Daemon hordes, hosing liquid fire over them and turning them into guttering torches. Two of the Blood Angels Honour guard fell to the deadly Hellblades of the Daemons of Khorne, as Damson took up positions in the rubble and was blasting the advancing Khorne Berzerkers with bolt fire and Frag grenades to support Sanguinius charge. Sanguinius was furious and killed anyone within range with cold fury as he smashed through the thin ranks of the Chaos forces, snapping their necks like twigs and wrenching limbs off Daemons with ease.

"ANGRON!" Sanguinius exclaimed, leaping into the air, his large swan like wing stretching out to full span as he swooped towards the Daemon Primarch at incredible speed.

Angron was once the finest example of what humanity could have achieved whom had given himself, as one of Emperor's generals during the Great Crusade, but now was a shadow of his former self. Turned from the light, Angron was now a simple pawn for the Blood God, Khorne. His dark master has marked him as own and he towered above all his twisted followers of blood and carnage, wreathed in dark majesty. Blood red horns protruded from his spine and forehead, skulls swung from chains about his waist in grinning testimony to his genocide and corruption. The Daemon Primarch swung the blood stained axe of Khorne in his fist, while he held Kiima by the neck in the other, choking the life out of her.

"RELEASE HER AT ONCE! IT'S ME YOU WANT!" Sanguinius shouted, crushing a daemon head with his bare hand with ease in the process.

The Daemon Primarch turned and its red eyes glared with years of hatred and anger. Angron looked at the female Phoenix in his hand and deciding that he would be a worthier opponent dropped Kiima roughly to the ground.

A guttural beast voice roared back at the legendary founding father Primarch of the Blood Angels.

"SANGUINIUS! I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHY YOU ARE HERE, BROTHER." Angron hissed. "BUT THERE IS ONE THING FOR CERTAIN THAT I'M GOING TO DO, AND IS SEND YOU BACK TO THE AFTERLIFE!" snarled Angron.

"YOU LOST THE RIGHT TO CALL ME BROTHER WHEN YOU BETRAYED OUR FATHER, ANGRON!" The Blood Angels Primarch replied, assuming a relaxed fighting stance and pointed his blade at the Daemon's Primarch black heart, trying to have some control over his rage.

"BAH! THE OLD MAN HAD IT COMING, WE COULD HAVE BEEN GODS OVER THIS PATHETIC RACE OF MAN, OPEN YOUR EYES. WE ARE MERELY SERVANTS TO THEM BUT WE COULD HAVE MUCH MORE!" Angron roared, seeing Sanguinius not attempting to charge him, reared up to his full menacing height, bellowing a furious challenge. Lesser mortals might quail before this monster, but Sanguinius stood still without flinching as he had seen far worse than this.

"ANGRON, YOU ARE STILL A CHILD, YOUR SELFISHNESS AND ARROGANCE SHALL BE YOUR DOWNFALL." Sanguinius whispered. He then spun his sword around and planted it into the ground before him. Closing his eyes for a few seconds quietly recited a battle prayer.

"I SHALL GIVE YOUR BLOOD TO KHORNE AND YOUR SKULL SHALL BE MINE!" Angron roared. The ground shook with tremendous force as he charged in, smashing anything that got in his way.

It was at point in time that Sanguinius' eyes flicker open and within those eyes were a fury that knew no bounds as he rushed and leapt high in the air towards the Daemon Primarch. "IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR, YOU WILL DIE THIS DAY, TRAITOR!"

Time slowed and the world held its breath as two former brothers faced one another.

One, a devoted and loyal Primarch of the divine Emperor of Mankind, the other was a traitor, who had trampled on his oaths of loyalty to humanity and the Emperor. He now embraces the ultimate evil. Bolt shells snarled between the two ultimate beings as they crashed together, a horrible collision of blades, bodies, armour, and gaping wounds.

Around the two Primarchs, the Blood Angels Assault Marines and Blood frenzied Khorne Berzerkers clashed like two unstoppable tidal waves, the sickening crunch of bone, flesh and armour echoed as they were locked in fierce combat. None dared bar Sanguinius' righteous fury as he charged the Daemon Primarch. Those who did were cut down or torn apart by these powerful beings. The Razor teeth whirled from Angron's chainaxe and swept down on his foe. Faster than thought he parried the first, but the second clove into his shoulder. Fortunately, Sanguinius force field prevented Angron from doing any permanent damage as the blow of the axe glanced off in a shower of sparks and light.

The Daemon Primarch wielded the chainaxe and the axe of Khorne as if they were straws; hacking and slashing like a mad butcher. Sanguinius parried the chainaxe and ducked the second; he then sidestepped to his left, and elbowed Angron's head with such force that sent him staggering back and almost falling.

"YOU ARE AS DOOMED AS YOUR FALSE EMPEROR!" Angron snarled, shaking off his confusion.

Sanguinius stepped in and swept his flaming sword in a downward angle. Angron feinted at the last moment and smashed his club like fist into Sanguinius shoulder and stepped in closer as he kneed him into the stomach. The Blood Angels Primarch staggered back, his breathing ragged and uneven, the old wounds he had sustained at the final battle with Horus had reopened, blood leaking through his wound.

The Primarch staggered back and parried the mighty axe of Khorne but was unable to fully brace himself as it left his arm numb from the impact. Angron seizing his opportunity stepped in and hammered his fist into his face. Sanguinius ducked but Angron had foreseen this and slammed the barbed haft of his axe into his belly, ripping a long gash in his armour. Sanguinius gasped in pain, both hands tightened around the hilt of his sword and lashed out in desperate attempt. Angron parried the strike with the shaft of his axe.

Sanguinius grabbed Angron's axe by the handle and slashed out with his sword. Angron twisted his neck, robbing the strike of much of its power. The energy blade slashed across Angron's face, tearing it free in a wash of blood. Angron's howled in pain as he clutched his face. Taking advantage of Angron's momentary distraction stepped in and picked up the giant Primarch, leapt into the air and threw the Daemon Primarch to the ground with tremendous force. Angron landed face first into the ground; the ground shook, creating a huge crater. Sanguinius descended to the ground at great speed as he reversed the grip on his sword and spun it around so that the blade was facing downwards towards the fallen Daemon Primarch. Angron recovered quickly and rolled over to avoid being skewered by the Sanguinius blade.

"AND YOU ARE AS DELUDED AS YOUR FALSE GOD, CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE MERELY A SIMPLE PAWN!" Sanguinius shouted. "BESIDES IT TAKES MORE THAN THAT TO GET RID OF ME, TRAITOR!" He then ducked under the axe's arc and landed a powerful uppercut to the chin.

"DAMN YOU, SANGUINIUS! YOU WERE ALWAYS THE HIGH AND NOBLE ONE! DIE!" Angron reeled back and his rubbed his chin.

Both Primarchs charged again with yells and roars of fury.

There was an almighty clash as blood stained axe slammed into the untainted blade, and his titanic strength and daemon status of Khorne, Angron managed to force Sanguinius to one knee. He relentlessly pounded him with his axe with enough force that it would shatter solid adamnatium. Incredibly, Sanguinius guard held against Angron's pounding, parrying and deflecting the axe away from him with his blade. Angron was getting frustrated and angry which was showing on his bestial features as he strained against the Primarch but to no avail. Sanguinius began to rise upwards, shaking with effort as he pushed upward against Angron's axe until finally he was on his feet. Sanguinius kicked out, sending Angron stumbling backwards.

"IS THAT ALL YOU GOT, BROTHER!" Angron taunted as he struggled to regain his balance. "THE FALSE EMPEROR HAS MADE YOU WEAK AND FEEBLE, A MERE SHADOW OF YOUR FORMER SELF!"

Sanguinius rushed forward, taking the window of opportunity as Angron struggled to regain his balance. He then smashed into him with his right shoulder sending the Daemon Primarch crashing into building with such force that it sent him flying through the next three houses. Flapping his wings, Sanguinius leapt into the air and landed in front of the building where Angron had stopped.

"NO, BROTHER, IT IS YOU THAT HAS GROWN WEAK AND FEEBLE. THE EMPEROR'S LIGHT HAS MADE ME STRONGER THAT HAVE ENABLED ME TO SEE PAST THE VEIL OF DARKNESS THAT COVERS YOUR EYES!"

Anger and Rage within Angron blacken heart rose to its peak level, feeling the Primarch's words igniting his hatred of the Emperor. "I AM FREE TO DO WHAT I LIKE! NO MORTAL OR PRIMARCH OR EMPEROR WILL EVER JUDGE OR DICATE MY ACTIONS!" He exclaimed as he lashed with a wicked swipe with his battle-axe.

"FOOLISH BROTHER!" Sanguinius ducked and slashed into Angron's belly armour, biting deep into his chest and bright blood flowed as he knocked the chainaxe away, leaving him holding on the Axe of Khorne. Blood started to pour from the large gash from Angron's forehead, which was beginning to hinder his vision, wiping the blood from his eyes; he was able to raise his axe to parry just in time from a powerful horizontal slash, which numbed his hand.

"I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED AGAIN, DAMN YOU AND YOUR FALSE EMPEROR!" Angron spat.

"DIE TRAITOR!" Sanguinius shouted, slashing in powerful downward arc. Contemptuously, the Daemon Primarch made to block the blow with his axe of Khorne expected to parry or even block the downward strike.

But the mighty blade in Sanguinius hand was no normal sword. The sword was forged on Baal by the best weaponsmiths. Created using a material of unknown origin when a meteor crashed on the planet. This happened years before the arrival of Sanguinius. The people of Baal saw the meteor as a gift from the heavens and began working on the material extracted from the meteor. After years on forging and reforming until acquired his definitive form, they had created a weapon, which was almost indestructible. Blessed by the Emperor when he first arrived in Baal, Sanguinius Angel sword smashed through the axe of Khorne and into the corrupted Primarch, and created a deep gash across his chest. Angron tried to counter his second strike but Sanguinius twisted the sword and swung the sword in a left to right in upward angle, cutting off Angron's axe hand and before finishing him with a solid powerful spinning heel kick into his chest, what spewed more crimson blood everywhere.

Angron staggered back, clutching his chest and crashed against a wall, collapsing as he watched Sanguinius approaching him slowly, gripping his blade in both hands for the decapitating and final blow. "SO ANGRON, IT APPEARS THAT YOU ARE ONCE AGAIN DEFEATED, ANY LAST WORDS, TRAITOR?"

Angron grinned and pointed his left hand to something behind him, "WHAT ABOUT YOUR FEMALE FRIEND, SURELY YOU CARE FOR HER MORE THAN MY DEATH, TOUGH CHOICE ISN'T IT?"

"WHAT!" Sanguinius shouted and spun around to see Kiima, lying on the ground, unconscious and circled by Bloodletters, their Hellblades raised high into the air, to be brought upon her at the first order of the Daemon Prince.

"WHAT IT'S GOING TO BE, SANGUINIUS? HER OR ME, YOU ONLY GOT ENOUGH TIME TO DO ONE THING, CHOOSE!" Angron taunted the Blood Angel Primarch who displayed the dilemma on his face.

"DAMN YOU, ANGRON!" Sanguinius cursed. "THIS ISN'T OVER!" he spat venomously as he spun around and rushed towards Kiima.

"The heart will always be your weakness, brother. You could have finished me. "Angron whispered before roaring into laughter but was soon cut short when he saw most of his remaining Khorne Berzerkers and M'Kachan's Thousand Sons Marines starting to retreat back to the dimensional portals. The only minions that were still fighting were the Daemons.

"What is the meaning of this!" Angron demanded, rising to his feet and grabbing a Khorne Berzerker by the neck, lifting him up to his eye level.

"We are ordered to retreat, the Daemons are covering our withdrawal." The Berzerker quickly replied.

"BY WHO!" Angron snarled glaring at the Berzerker with barely controlled rage, tightening his grip.

"On the behalf of the Daemon Prince M'Kachan . . ." He quietly said, and was then promptly thrown against a building in rage.

Angron looked up and roared inhumanly in frustration and anger, they had the total victory in their grasp and now they are going to throw it away.

His battle aura flaring up, Angron roared.

"M'KACHAN, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

Elsewhere . . .

Tenchi wanted desperately to see some sign of light in the Chaos marines of the Worldeaters. Something that would convince himself that killing them was wrong. Ranma was convinced that they were definitely the bad guys and was swiftly dispatching them one by one. Tenchi wasn't so sure and believed from his experience that everyone had some good in them . . . Maybe some sense of good or Honour could be found in them, he thought as he parried a chainaxe away. But Tenchi Masaki couldn't see anything of the kind. Their faces either were covered for a mask of metal or were horribly mutilated beyond recognition, which had been long ago, leeched of any vestige of humanity as they once had.

All the Chaos Marines were in a blood soaked coloured fully enclosed armour and were each decorated with bits and pieces, some of them he didn't really want to know. Some were mutated by the taint of chaos, and had horns grown of bone jutted through their ruptured faces and forehead. Others were indescribable and gross. However, one thing that he observed over all the other details was what they had . . . every one that he had fought and killed, wore only mindless faces and their vacant and blood lust eyes shown him that there was no hope or respite, only death.

With renewed confidence and strength, he would prove them wrong. He thought about his life before he met Ranma and Cypher and wondered if someone had caused them to meet

Tenchi briefly looked to Ranma as he ran towards the menacing looking Berzerker. Ranma yelled out something as his opponent turned towards him almost in slow motion. The Berzerker grinned as he raised his chainaxe to meet Ranma's blow. Tenchi really wondered how good Ranma really was as he watched him feint to his left avoiding the chainaxe swung completely. The sly, hungry grin on the Berzerker's face turned to anger, as his blow hit nothing. Ranma swung his crackling rune sword, and Tenchi could feel the judder, as the blade struck home in the opponent midriff.

One thing that Tenchi saw, was the cold calmness and emotionless look in Ranma's eyes that kinda scared him and everyone else that knew him. Ranma's opponent tottered as though slightly drunk but did not fall, as the sword imbedded in him was only thing that held him up. Time suddenly resumed it normal course as Ranma wrenched out the blade in a gory mess before moving on the next one.

Tenchi was relieved that the coldness in Ranma's eyes evaporated when he glanced towards him with a confident smirk. The moment of distraction caused Tenchi to lose focus on the battlefield, as all of a sudden the Berzerker he was fighting against seemed to have found a new level of rage and fury. Tenchi found himself fighting against a daemon possessed Khorne Berzerker and was on the defence against his furious frenzy. The Berzerker had received a gift from Khorne and was intending to tear Tenchi into pieces. He was about to counterattack the fierce assault when he happened to step on a few loose stones causing him to lose his balance and fell backwards on the ground with the Berzerker continuing his assault.

Ranma pulled back his sword and parried a blow aimed at him before hacking off the Berzerker's arm with a brutal blow and reversed the arc of the blade to finish him off with a decapitating swing in one fluid motion. Wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, he looked over to Tenchi and saw him in grave danger. Tenchi Masaki was on his knees, trying to fend off the blows raining down upon him from a crazed looking Berzerker wielding two chainaxes.

Anger flowed through Ranma's body and raced forwards towards his friend, cutting a path through the battleground with the speed that had thought to be impossible unless he was in his NekoKen form of mind. With his fear and dark power trapped within the sword, he was able to tap into it subconsciously and slashed and hacked his way through with his sword, his desperation to reach his close friend endowed him with the strength of a Primarch. A shimmering field bathed him as he lunged with his sword, slicing through the Berzerker's arm, severing it above the elbow. Ranma then ran his sword through the Berzerker's armoured chest with ease, within a second, the NekoKen drained the life energy turning the Berzerker into a dry and drained husk.

'Dammit it, what is wrong with me," thought Ranma.

Ranma looked at his sword with a slight hesitation of fear as for that split second, he thought that he had lost control of his senses and most importantly his body. He shook off the thought as he was in control now but that sense of feeling of losing control scared him a little and made a mental note to find a way to stop this. The midnight-coloured blade shimmered a little as he bent down to one knee.

"Tenchi, get up! Tenchi, wake up!" Ranma said with a bit of desperation, as there was no response from him. He was still breathing as checked his pulse and suddenly thought an evil way to get a response from him.

"Tenchi, wake up or I'm going to get Washu to help you!"

Tenchi's eyes suddenly flicker open as he suddenly jerked back to life.

"All right, all right, I'm awake!" Tenchi said as he was pulled back to his feet "That was cruel, you know."

"Yeah, but it was only way I could think, besides it worked, didn't it?" Ranma said with a superior grin.

"Yeah, but I'm telling Washu afterwards of what you just said." Tenchi smirked.

Ranma's confident grin changed dramatically into a look of dread and fear.

***

Location: Tendo Residence

The sounds of heavy gunfire against the daemonic invaders could be heard in the distance. Low vibrations from the ground could be felt as the Japanese Self-Defense Force was forced to bomb areas that were deemed too dangerous to be retaken by other methods. Heavy casualties were taking his toll on the JSDF, as they tried to repel the invaders from their homeland. Most of the Nerima inhabitants were evacuated to a safer location on the outskirts, where medical and supports were desplegated for the crisis. Trucks loaded with soldiers and armoured mechanised infantry moved into the district as the government decreed a state of emergency.

The streets and alleyways were deserted and would have been a ghost town if it weren't for the sounds of battle in the distance and small patrols roaming around to keep a sense of order. A Humvee in patrol passed past the Tendo household, which was still intact unlike the houses a few blocks down the street, what were flattened for the fire exchange.

As the Humvee passed near the household, a brown-haired woman emerged slowly from her hiding spot, as she waited for the patrol to go away for why otherwise, she would be immediately returned to the camp, which she didn't wanted them to do. She rose to her feet and quickly crossed the street whilst making sure that it was all clear.

'I know I shouldn't be here right now,' she thought as she reached the front gates and slowly opened the door.

'But it's important,' she concluded and passed inside

As she entered the Tendo residence, she was totally unaware that she was being watched from afar. A dark robe man who was tall and thin, bearing the unholy marks of Slaanesh around his neck and down his clothes. The man smiled, revealing his perfectly white teeth, as he watched the woman enter the house. Behind him was a group of pale skinned humanoid creatures. The appearance of these creatures was both seductive and sweet. But despite their unearthly beauty, these creatures held a darker and sinister nature, as their bestial claws were a clear indication of their daemonic origin.

Behind the group of Daemonettes were dozens of bodies of Japanese soldiers and civilians. Their immortal souls given for these beasts as gift to the Dark God of Pain and perverse Pleasure, Slaanesh.

The man glanced over his shoulder. "I know, children of Slaanesh, I know." He said as he sensed their overwhelming anticipation and unease of their situation. A low snarling noise was the reply from the Daemonettes.

A worn parchment materialised in his palm. He scanned the parchment and his gaze stopped at the last name listed. He had almost given up in the task of find the last victim, as most of the residences had been evacuated by the Japanese SDF, until he managed to pick up her aura scent in the air. The expression on the man's face changed into a slight smirk.

"Kasumi Tendo," he said quietly, while he crossed magically out the name with his index finger.

He then pointed his hand towards the Tendo residence. "My children, the hunt is now back on."

***

The bloodthirsty Bloodletters what surrounded the fallen female Phoenix warrior, were about to finish her off when they were suddenly torn to sheds within a blink of an eye as Sanguinius unleashed his wrath upon the Daemons. It happened so fast that the warriors of Khorne did not have the chance to react or become aware of the Primarch's rage.

Sanguinius took a moment to calm his blood rage. The Daemon bodies slowly dissipated in nothing as their connection with the material realm was destroyed. Normally he would be calm and collective, and only unleashed his fury on his enemies . . . but the sight of Kiima about to be killed enraged him more than a hundred Bloodletters could do. He had seen other mortals that would do anything to save and protect their loved ones but he never really got the chance to experience such deep emotions or a connection with someone. Was this the feeling he was experiencing with her or was it a natural reaction to protect those under his supervision . . . Sanguinius pushed his thoughts to the back of his mind to consider later and took in his surroundings.

The Bloodletters of Khorne were repelled back by his Honour Guard and Blood Angels Assault Marines who arrived just in time. Sanguinius took a few steps towards her, worried that he might be too later. His fears were gone when he notices that she was still breathing but very faintly. He sheathed his sword and bent down to his knee. Kiima coughed blood as Sanguinius wrapped his arms around her, trying to comfort her as much as possible. She had taken quite a beating from that traitorous Daemon Prince. Kiima was slowly opening her eyes and smiled when she looked up to see Sanguinius face, knowing full well that it was he by his aura presence.

"I knew that you would come." Kiima whispered trying to get up but Sanguinius stopped her.

"Don't move, Kiima. Save your strength, it's not your time yet so stay with us, for my sake." He said, which Kiima nodded but was having difficulties in breathing properly. Sanguinius was feeling helpless after that as he was trained in the art of war rather than healing when he felt two auras landing close behind him. Without looking around, Sanguinius knew it was Saffron and Garus.

Saffron walked around so that he was face them and paused for a moment, looking down at Kiima in Sanguinius arms. He then laid a hand on her sweaty brow and spoke a few quiet words that Sanguinius could not interpret and, for a moment, a pale yellow light bathed his hand. After a moment, Kiima's breathing became less ragged as her blood loss was starting to stop and heal up. Kiima then fell asleep and Sanguinius breathed a sigh of relief at the color of her skin returning back to normal. Saffron took his hand off her forehead and looked in Sanguinius eyes.

"She will be okay, she needs only rest but Sanguinius, we have a problem." Saffron said as Garus walked up beside him.

"My Lord, we are fighting a losing battle, without proper reinforcements or a way to halt the daemons advancements we will be annihilated in hour or so." Garus reported and straightened himself up. "Your orders, sir."

"We need a plan now, fighting them won't win us this battle, we need a answer now." Saffron said, waiting for Sanguinius decision.

Sanguinius stared at Kiima's sleeping face for a few seconds before rising to his feet, still holding onto her and turned to face Saffron.

"Find Ranma Saotome." Sanguinius sternly said to Saffron before walking to a waiting Thunderhawk Gunship with Kiima in his arms.

Saffron raised an eyebrow as he never seen this Ranma before, "Whom is this person you are talking about? What can he do that we can't?"

"Find the one with the pigtail. Trust me," He simply replied. "You can't miss him."

"Well that was helpful. Where in Japan am I'm going to find this Ranma." Saffron muttered and turned around to see hordes of red daemons of Khorne in the background.

"Hmm . . ." Saffron spotted something in the middle of waves of Daemons that was quite unusual. Stretching his wings out for flight, Saffron leaps into the air and investigates.

***

Ryoga and Cypher were currently surrounded by a sudden and overwhelming horde of Slaanesh and Tzeentch daemons. The forces of Slaanesh had tactically targeted the Japanese self-defence force as the weakness in the defending forces. Moving with such precision and speed, they were able to cut off the Blood Angels and SDF by driving a wedge through the line that separates them. They become cut off from their reinforcements and the defenders were slowly picked off one by one during the intense and bloody skirmish.

One or two rapidly moving creatures managed to evade the SDF curtain of fire as they frantically shot at the fast moving creatures. All self-discipline in the Japanese forces slowly deteriorating as desperation and panic spread through the hordes unfortunately Ryoga and Cypher were trapped with the remaining SDF, as each one was hacked down or cut to pieces. Cypher heard a stifled cry behind him and dared a glance backwards as he saw two Japanese soldiers trying to stem the geyser of blood poured from their necks and stomach, where passed the razor sharp claws from a Daemonette, one of the children of Slaanesh.

The Daemonette was crouched low as it spotted the robed warrior in the middle of the surrounded SDF. Licking its lips, the Daemonette leapt towards him with claws outstretched to slash at his throat. The last thing that the foul but strangely beautiful creature saw was a flashing ball of white flame.

"Cypher, how the hell do we end up in these situations?" Ryoga said to him as he threw one of his Ki balls at fast moving daemon. He smirked triumphantly as the Ki ball was faster than the daemon's movement.

"You. Not 'we'." Cypher calmly corrected him.

"WHAT!" Ryoga said in utter surprise. "Cypher, we're in a middle of a bloody battle and all you do is criticising me! What is wrong with you! Have you lost your marbles or something?"

Cypher took a careful shot at a Daemonette that got too close. "What was that, I was too busy fighting for our lives. All that I could hear is you talking rather than killing them." He said and finished it with a sly grin.

"ARGH!" exclaimed Ryoga.

If this was on any other day or they weren't fighting the hordes of Chaos then, Ryoga would have attempted to kick the stuffing out of him then moved onto his daily bout with Ranma.

"I hate you," said Ryoga.

"Same here," replied Cypher. By now, the SDF division had been completely routed, slaughtered, killed or ran away in fear. Cypher and Ryoga became surrounded by the Daemons what were advancing on them with evil intent; Ryoga definitely did not like the look in some of them and he didn't really want to know . . .

"What now?"

"Now, we fight to the death." Cypher unleashing a torrent of plasma fire the daemons as much as could. He was also running low of ammunition and he knew that he was pushing his luck against these daemons in hand to hand combat where his advantage held them off at bay, within a few minutes that advantage would be compensated for. The Daemonettes were closing in. Ryoga was having difficulty in fending the Daemons coming from left to right with his chainswords, splitting and crushing their skulls with tremendous force.

Suddenly Ryoga had an idea. "Cypher, say something to get me emotionally depressed!"

The robed warrior looked his shoulder briefly, wondering what he meant by that.

"Like what?" Cypher replied, taking perfect aim at the Daemon's vital organs with his plasma pistol.

"Think of something!" Ryoga shouted, "Make it quick too!"

Cypher paused to think, "You're an idiot!"

Ryoga glared at him, "I said to make me depressed not angry!"

"Hmm . . . "Cypher thought about that a little more as he threw two Krak grenades at the advancing Daemons.

"Come on, we don't have all day, you know!" demanded Ryoga.

"Akane hates you because you are a uncaring and selfish piece of trash, and a complete asshole!" Cypher exclaimed.

"What's that supposed to achieve! She would not say those words and . . . "Ryoga answered to him as the Daemons of Tzeentch prepared their final attack on the two warriors. He was about sixty percent there but needed something to push him into that zone.

"She knows you're P-Chan and hates you!" Ryoga shook his head, as it wasn't working. Cypher decided to try one more try.

"So what it doesn't change a thing because I know those words aren't true and . . . "

"Also she will never forgive you before she . . . died." Cypher whispered the last part very quietly and immediately activated a powerful device beneath his robes.

He knew what was to come next.

"DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!" Ryoga felt his emotions reaching breakpoint and that last word for Cypher triggered it off . . . unfortunately rather than using his normal depression feelings to unleash his final Ki attack, he used another negative and even more devastating emotion, one that Ranma almost never used, Hatred. Sanguinius, Ranma, Tenchi and practically everyone in the vicinity turned to see a HUGE Ki horizontal projectile shot up into the sky before falling back to the ground. The ground shook with a tremendous force, more than any earthquake or force of nature could have achieved.

'Ryoga sure must have been that desperate to pull that off!' thought Ranma.

Others said . . .

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!"

"Interesting . . . "

"How can this be?"

"Oh, it's so pretty!"

"Another Guinea pig to play with! MUHAHAHAHAHA" A red haired scientist laughed like a manic like fashion. Her laughter stopped when she thought of something. "Hang on second, that sounds awfully familiar."

***

Location: Juuban

Usagi Tsukino, most commonly known as Sailor Moon, looked around to see that most of the park and all the nearby buildings were absolutely wrecked by the horrid Prince of Nurgle and his Plague minions' attack. The park was deemed as uninhabitable and highly dangerous as government teams cleared up the mess and were constantly picking up biological hazards along the way left by the Chaos army. Fortunately, none of the sensors was picking up any airborne plagues or gases what could have propagated. She and her Sailor Senshi had decided to move to somewhere more discreet as the Japanese government and armed forces moved into the immediate area. She turned around and was glad that her friends were still alive. Sailor Mercury was tending to some minor injuries that Jupiter and Mars had picked up, none fortunately was sustained from attacks of the Plague Swords. Venus was currently on the lookout for the reappearance of the Nurgle Daemons that could be lurking in the shadows just in case.

Moon quickly cast a look towards Mercury and received reassuring nod from her as she moved onto Mars. The Senshi leader sighed and at down behind a low wall out of their vision from the other Sailor Senshi to collect her thoughts.

'That was a close one; we could have been defeated there and then.' Sailor Moon thought quietly. She thought about Ranma Saotome and wondered if what Sailor Pluto's prediction been accurate or not. He did not seem to fit the profile of an evil and brutal warlord of Chaos despite the unique aura that she sensed when she was with him.

A sudden thought popped into her mind; perhaps this was a deception to lower her guard and to entrust her faith in him, to be double-crossed in the end. Moon sighed again and placed her hands on her delicate face, confused on the situation.

"That was a close one, you know that if he didn't turn in the nick of time, you would be dead by now." Moon lifted her head, glanced down to her right, and was startled and surprised to see a black and gray cat. At her first thought, she believed it was Luna, who had appeared there and was sitting beside her, ready to give her one of her lectures again. It was not Luna as she noted something different about the cat as it licked its paws, unconcernedly before it stopped in its daily grooming and looked up into her deep blue eyes.

"You owe him twice for saving your life." The cat spoke to her and was slightly relieved that she did not act like Ranma and wondered if she had encounter others like him and suddenly remembered that she already had two other cats with her.

"You must be Usagi Tsukino or Sailor Moon; I have been waiting to meet you for sometime . . . I hope that you still retain your memories from the Moon Kingdom era, if not . . . it's going to make my duty slightly harder." The cat grinned widely as he noticed her shock expression.

"I think you are mistaken, I am Sailor Moon, leader of the Sailor Senshi and . . ." Moon said as she tried to cover up her surprise but was failing miserably.

"I can see through you disguise field and besides I already know who you are, Princess." The cat replied, noticing the rest of Senshi were approaching him and Usagi.

"Who are you and how do you know who I am?" Moon asked hesitantly as she had though it was Luna but the crest on its head was different. She hoped that this cat was on their side.

The cat smirked, "Oh, where are my manners, Princess, ladies." The cat stood up to his full height.

"My name is Felix Acarya Ramirez, loyal advisor to Queen Serenity and familiar to Ranma Saotome." Felix said as he bowed his head in a gentle and respectful way.

"I suppose you want a logical explanation for all this?" Felix said.

Usagi nodded slowly, "Err . . . yes please."

Felix sighed at how he going to explain this one and sighed again when he was then surrounded by the rest of Sailor Senshi. All of them, having a whole bunch of questions they wanted to ask him.

'Why do I have to be the one that have to clean up this mess," thought Felix. Then he remembered why Queen Serenity and the Emperor sent him here on this world.

Felix grinned. 'I'll bet Sailor Pluto will have one huge headache by now, the timeline that she wanted probably be so messed up and confusing, well serves her right for meddling with the timegate.'

***

Location: The Gates of Time

"I REALLY need an aspirin or something right now!" Sailor Pluto rubbed her forehead in frustration and she had one bad migraine right now as she monitored the timeline.

Sighing again, she sat down and placed her time key beside her as she wondered how this Ranma Saotome would contribute to the future of humanity. She also thought about how she could still save her idea of the Crystal Tokyo even thought the future that she initially planned had fallen to pieces now. Perhaps Ranma could compromised on sharing power with the Princess or something as the future she was receiving from the Timegate was showing nothing but hazy random images like something was interfering with the timeline to prevent her from predicting what would going to happen. Deciding she needed a break, she leaned against the wall and adjusted the black cloak that Ranma had given her to keep warm, suddenly something fell from a hidden pocket. Setsuna a.k.a. Sailor Pluto glanced down and saw the object rolling across the marble floor.

"Hmm . . . " She slowly got up and walked towards the object as the item stopped rolled when it hit the base of short steps that led to the Gate. She kneeled down slightly, picked up the scroll, and carefully examined it. She thought it belonged to Ranma, but gasped when she saw what the scroll had the royal seal of the Moon Kingdom with the golden crest of an Eagle imprinted that bounded the scroll tightly. Quickly breaking the seal, she unrolled the scroll and began to skim read the royal document wondering why Ranma possessed this and what did it had to do with her.

"'Hmm . . . If you are reading this, Pluto as a friend . . . STOPS being so manipulative all the time! The future is unforeseeable but there is still hope so therefore.'" Pluto blinked and blinked again wondering how she knew that she would read it and continued on reading.

"'Hmm . . . On the behalf of Queen Serenity . . . to strength the everlasting relations with the Imperium and the Moon Kingdom . . . in order to secure our alliance with them . . . I hereby engage . . . Primarch Ranma Saotome to . . ."

Three seconds later . . .

"Oh my!" Pluto said out loud. 'She had got to be kidding, there is no way that she going to go through with that.' She thought until she read the last part at the bottom of the scroll.

P.S.: I am not kidding; you have better not mess up this future.

Signed.
Queen Serenity.

Setsuna Meiou a.k.a. Sailor Pluto could feel what ANOTHER migraine has begun to appear again . . .

Ranma Saotome sneezed twice and felt a familiar cold chill go up his spine, which almost made him fall as he leapt over the daemons, taking out as many daemons as possible, and almost made him lose his guard.

"I knew it," Ranma sighed, " . . . I just hope I can sort this out before it gets worse but then anyway . . . it's going to get worse no matter what I do!"

Facing a daemon chaos army and kicking their butts wasn't a problem for Ranma,

Nor fighting superhuman beings with God-like powers one on one, but . . .

. . . Having another fiancée was a PROBLEM.

***

Meanwhile . . .

Ryoga collapsed to his knees, emotionally empty, his strength was exhausted, as he looked around the complete devastation what surrounded them. It really looked like a miniature nuclear explosion was set off, as everything was vaporised. He then looked beside him to see Cypher still alive and in one piece; the device he activated at the last instant had allowed him to survive such a powerful attack. The device was blow into pieces, as such force overwhelmed the shield limits. Cypher jerked up to an upright position as he looked at Ryoga with a bit of respect and whistled to the complete carnage.

"Nicely done, Ryoga." Cypher commented and was about to fall into unconsciousness when he heard him asks something.

"Is she really . . .? "Ryoga started to say to Cypher.

"No," he said before passing out.

Ryoga was relieved and was about to get up when a sharp pain shot up through his body which caused him to fall back to the ground. Suddenly he heard the sound of a Thunderhawk's engines roaring overhead as they circled around to pick the two up. Blood Angels Assault Marines deployed themselves out as the Japanese SDF pouring into the area as they found this area of Nerima strangely empty of enemy activities.

Ryoga sighed as the Gunship hovered above them.

This was just the beginning . . .

***

The sound of shattered glass and the inhuman screeching were a clear signal of what she now wasn't alone in her home. Kasumi Tendo was deeply frightened by the daemonic intruders that were roaming now in her home downstairs. She was in her bedroom at that time when she heard the frightening snarling and shriek as they began to tear up the house as if they were searching for something or someone. Kasumi Tendo berated herself for return back to her home to gathering some of her treasured personal belongings despite the dangers and warning given by the Japanese police and military. The whole area was sealed off with blockades at every junction but as she got closer to her home, she felt what something was out of place. She was surprised at how easily she managed to get here, without being stopped or seen by the patrols, speaking of the patrols.... Where were they now? This area was classified as one of the hot zones of Daemonic activity, most of the heavy fighting was in the northern part of Nerima but she had expected to be some sort of military presence in area.

Sensing what she had little time, she pressed on what she had to do, reminding herself not to panic or scare despite the danger downstairs. Where are the military guards? thought Kasumi. She was totally unaware that an unseen dark force had already dealt with them. Slowly closing the door behind her, she quietly crept towards the end of her bed and knelt down, pulling a small bag from underneath her bed and started to gather some of her treasure things such as a picture of her mother, a few items of jewellery. Kasumi then took an off her dresser, a silver broach with an insignia of a horse which Ranma had given her as a gift, which was a complete surprise to her.

[Flashback]

Ranma was munching on a meat bun as he walked past the kitchen, and suddenly felt a strong emission of negative Ki in the house what he had detected other times. Genma and Soun were gone or in a better sense, dragged kicking and screaming by Happosai that ruled them out.

Nabiki was on a field trip somewhere in Kyoto and Akane was feeling a little angry with him for reasons unknown. Yet the negative energy wasn't based in anger.

Shampoo and Ukyo were constantly busy at their respective restaurants and Ryoga... well he hadn't seen him in weeks. It wouldn't be a normal week if nothing happened. Fortunately, something did happen when Taro came around looking and the usual happened, with Ranma beating the nine shades of hell out of Taro with an unseen technique that not even Genma or Happosai knew about. Manipulation of the own Ki or Chi energies of one is a thing, but to create a vortex of energy blades from nowhere was an impressive sight, it a shame that no one saw it.

"Kasumi, is there something wrong?" Ranma asked quietly as he noticed the look of sadness in her eyes what was reflected in the window, despite the cheerful expression she usually wore on every day. She was standing over the kitchen sink and was just staring at a plate in her hands.

Slightly started, Kasumi lifted her head to the pigtailed martial artist whilst putting away the plate. "Nothing . . . Ranma. I'm fine, continue eating . . . " she said, trying to convince him that nothing was wrong but was she trying to convince herself she thought subconsciously.

Ranma paused and walked towards the eldest of the Tendo's sisters. He now knew that something was wrong in the tone of her voice.

"Kasumi," he said, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "You might think I'm a dumb martial artist or something and . . . "

"Ranma! I don't you are that like that, at all and . . . " Kasumi countered sharply.

"Hey, let me finish, okay?" Kasumi nodded at Ranma words. "But I'm here for you, no matter what so just tell me what's bothering you and we can sort out it together, right Kasumi?"

"Thanks you," Kasumi nodded and smiled genuinely. Although she didn't show it, she was astonished and fascinated by this secret insight of Ranma's true self, what she had never seen during the whole time that the Saotomes had resided in the Tendo house.

Ranma smiled back and mentally noted what the negative Ki he had felt before was replaced with something familiar, that he had suspected about her. "So . . . will you tell me what is bothering you?" he said as he walked beside her towards the Tendo living room.

"Ranma, promise me that you won't tell a soul what I'm going to reveal to you." She stopped and stared into his eyes. Slightly taken back by the tone of her voice, Ranma nodded.

"Okay, Kasumi, anything you say goes with me to my dying breath."

Kasumi studied him for any sign of lie for his part, and relaxed when she found none.

"Did I pass?" Ranma inquired as he was learning more about her now than the previous year.

Kasumi nodded, "Yes, Ranma . . . I need some fresh air, care to lead the way?" she requested.

"Of course," Ranma said lending his arm towards her as they both started to head to the garden rather than the living room.

"Kasumi, you still haven't told me what was bothering you?"

Taking a deep breath before breathing out. "It's about my mother's art."

"Is it about Cooking? Painting? Domestic skills?" Ranma suggested and continued on.

Kasumi gently shook her head at all Ranma's suggestion.

"Not exactly, Ranma," Kasumi responded, "You see, my mother's art was actually . . . "

[End of Flashback]

Kasumi smiled at that fond memory, it was like a great burden had been lifted off her shoulders, she gained at that particular moment someone that she could confide in. Ranma was gently, polite and caring, very unlike the image of him what she had until now and that pleased her deeply. Ranma was of course surprised by what she confided to him and even offered her to train her in the art without asking for any in return.

Kasumi was extremely surprised at how well he adapted to her mother's art and wondered if he had done this before by the way he moved and the stances he took. Ranma would take the opportunity to train with her in secret as it would likely to cause him more trouble than it worth if everyone knew. The one thing that bothered her the most was the way he acted in front of everyone else like he was a different person, arrogant, stubborn, over confident, the traits that everyone would associate with Ranma. When he was with her, he acted like a mentor to her, like Happosai should have been but with a carefree nature and taking the time to help to improve her skill. The silver broach in her hand was a gift to her as a memento for all her hard work and training that she had done in secret of when she managed to hit Ranma with her mother's art during a sparring match. Akane would be green with envy. The result was that she now realized she had more confidence to do things that she would normally shy away from and it was all thanks to Ranma.

She would never forget it, and if Ranma decided to leave due the deteriorating relationship between him and Akane, she would miss him deeply. Kasumi realized that the reason why he kept saving her little sister time and time again, wasn't because of love, no.... that died a long time ago, but because it was in his nature and his honorable qualities inside him. She was shocked when she happened to stumble across a chance meeting between Ranma and Ukyo who were discussing certain issues and was sworn not to tell anyone, especially Akane and there idiotic fathers. Also she was now convinced that Ranma did not inherit any of Genma's genes perhaps, he had got them from his mother side. The thing was that the bald, fat martial artist had said that she died at giving birth to him, which was an outright lie but had no evidence to prove it.

The sound of more shattered glass, bought her back to reality and the danger that was coming round the corner, or in better terms, up the stairs. She looked over her shoulder and slowly removed a hidden drawer in her dresser table and reached in. She carefully removed a long rectangle shaped wooden case, which was finished with an elegant satin shine. Placing the case on her lap, she had to act fast as she could hear the slow footsteps coming up the stairs.

Kasumi reached for the back of her neck and unclasped a thin necklace. It was almost impossible to see and was colored in a way that it was almost invisible to the naked eye. Plus the way she was dressed added to the effect, she could probably conceal any small item in that dress without no one noticing with the except of Ranma. There was a tiny jade key that hung on the necklace and she quickly slid it off the chain and inserting the key into the keyhole. She then turned the key and lifted the wooden lid revealing the contents of the case.

It was an elegant and beautifully presented Daisho set. Two swords were wrapped individually in satin and silk sheets. She picked the first sword which was a traditional Japanese sword called the Katana and as she slowly removed the elegant sheets from the bundle, she notice that there was a short knife attached to Katana scabbard called a Kogai. Flashbacks of her mother's teaching started to creep back in her memories and she would have forgotten them if it weren't for Ranma helping and assisting in her art.

[Flashback]

"Ranma, I can't do this!" Kasumi breathed heavily as she tried to hold a wooden Katana in the right stance. Years of inactive training were beginning to have a serious effect on her. Both of them were outside the Tendo house, in the front garden near the Koi pond

"Relax, Kasumi, remain focus, just breath in slowly and concentrate," Ranma advised, a wooden Katana was held in his right loosely at his side. "Now, strike."

"Ranma, I'm not like you," Kasumi said, "oh, this is pointless."

Kasumi dropped her Katana on the floor and turned. She started to walk towards the Tendo house, feeling saddened by the fact that she couldn't live up to her mother's expectation. She was felt on the verge of crying at that thought and was about to step on the porch.

"Kasumi!" Ranma shouted. Kasumi turned to see something thrown at her. Somehow, she instinctually caught the object in her hand and looked to see it was her wooden Katana that she dropped.

A serious expression was on Ranma's face, "now Kasumi, I didn't give weeks of my time just that you would give up that easily." Ranma expression softened and smiled at her, "you have the potential, I can see you were the one for this art and I never make mistakes. Don't prove me wrong."

Kasumi looked at Ranma for a few seconds, then at her weapon in her hand. She smiled, as he was right, he was rarely wrong about things.

"Do you really mean it, Ranma?" Kasumi hesitantly.

"What do you think?" Ranma asked with a hint of mischief and confidence.

Kasumi for the first time felt like she was alive again since her mother's death. Ranma was actually telling her that she had the potential and that she could do it.

"Thanks you, Ranma."

"For what?" Ranma said, "It's all your doing."

"For believing in me when no else could," she smiled even brighter as she raised her weapon in the proper offensive stance.

"Just one step at a time, Kasumi, just a step at a time." Ranma smiled, "Let's begin."

Without warning, there was a sudden heavy down pour of rain drenching both Ranma and Kasumi soaking wet.

Ranchan sighed and ringed the water out of her red hair. "It's figures, just when something good happens. This always happens."

Ranchan suddenly heard something and looked towards Kasumi who was giggling loudly despite being soaking wet.

"Hey, what are you laughing at?" Ranchan asked, trying to look annoyed and serious but failing miserably. Kasumi's soft laugh was starting to make Ranchan crack up too with laugh.

"You," Kasumi managed to say before of them started burst into laughter.

"Come on, Kasumi," Ranchan said as he took her hand and led her into the house, "let's get in fast, we don't want to catch a cold."

Kasumi nodded, feeling carefree and without having to think of her responsibility.

[End of Flashback]

Kasumi smiled at that memory, those were the happier times since her father lost it due to mother's untimely death. She felt alive and happy when she trained with Ranma, which really made her wonder why Akane gave him a hard time. Ranma was always carefully with her training to avoid any injuries and accidents. She looked down to see a shorter sword in the case, which she recognized, as a Wakizashi sword. Her mother gave the Daisho set to her for safe keeping before she died and was said to belong to a legendary swordsman during the bloody feudal period. The Katana had a beautiful ornate tracery pattern etched along the length. A few letters were etched near the hilt of the blade. Slowly but surely she wrapped her left hand firmly around the crafted hilt. Her fears were gone as she pulled her blade in offensive stance. She tested her blade with a few quick strokes followed by overhead strike before it back into a defensive position.

Suddenly the door behind was kicked down with tremendous force and there standing in the doorway was a Daemon. Her claws clicked repeatedly as a sinister smirk and the darkness in her eyes as it had finally located it prey.

There were only five metres, the exact distance that separated Kasumi Tendo and the Daemonette. She then noticed the muddy footprints and the blood dripping from its claws that the Daemonette had made. They didn't have the courtesy of wiping or cleaning themselves up in her home. Kasumi anger grew and threw away her simply pleasantries or politeness.

"That," she whispered under her breath, "wasn't a nice thing to do."

Kasumi started to focus on the daemon that had invaded her home, she slowly took a silent step back and held the long Katana in both hands and pulled the blade back for an offensive strike. The Daemonette was pale skinned, her eyes yellow and cat like, infecting her with a cold and terrible beauty. The creature took a step towards her, her razor sharp claws poised to attack. The Daemon was almost female, yet wholly daemonic; disturbingly seductive despite their bestial clawed limbs. Its long body rippled with iridescent light and its eyes were jet black that promised a painful death.

Kasumi glared at the daemon of the warp with distaste, she wasn't afraid as her eyes reflected her determination and courage that she never knew she ever had.

The Daemon was almost female, yet wholly daemonic; disturbingly seductive despite their bestial clawed limbs. Its long body rippled with iridescent light and its eyes were jet black that promised a painful death.

"I'm warning you," Kasumi warned in her most threatening tone, "I want you and your unwanted friends to get out of my house!"

The Daemonette stopped in her movement and snarled at her. Her Daemonic seductive powers were having no effect on this woman, which was a bit odd, never mind, she would have her soul, thought the Daemon.

'Mother, I hope you are watching,' she thought, renewed spiritual strength went coursed through body.

Remembering the almost forgotten lessons from her mother, Kasumi leapt forward, swing her Katana at the creature before her. Its speed was incredible and the feline head ducked below the blade, leaping clear. It lashed out with her claws, narrowly missing Kasumi, but tearing a splintered chunk of wood of her desk. The beast crouched down in preparation for an attack.

The Daemonette leapt towards her. Kasumi dived forwards, beneath its lethal claws. She rolled to her knees, swinging her Katana in a low, sweeping arc. The blade hacked the beast's leg out from under it and it crashed to the ground, thrashing the cauterized stumps of its thighs in fury. Kasumi rose to her feet and stepped in, reversing her grip on her Katana, and drove the blade down through its head. There was a terrifying shriek that echoed throughout the house. Kasumi slumped next to the fading dissolving creature, pulling the blade from the floor. She was breathing heavily and took out a cloth from beneath her apron. She started to wipe the itchier blood from her clothes. She knew that the others Daemons would be looking once they realized that one of them was missing even those there was no physical evidence left as the Daemon dissolved into nothing leaving a pool of slimy substance.

'I'm not cleaning that up,' thought Kasumi. She quickly gathered a few of her belonging in a small bag and slung it over her shoulder along with her Wakizashi. The Katana was sheathed back into its scabbard before deciding her next course of action.

A majority of people would normally think that Kasumi was in a world of her own, unaware of her surrounding, always keeping a smile on her face no matter what the situation. Just like Ranma, she too had secrets and a double personality; one was the normal Kasumi Tendo who would be dead by now. The other was the confident and skilled sword maiden that she always wanted to be. Kasumi decided that going down the stairs wasn't an option, so she opened her bedroom window and looked down. It was only a short drop and for a moment there, thought if this was the right thing to do. Hearing low snarls of more of those demons, she stuck her foot on the ledge and then the other. Kasumi then started to move along the thin ledge toward the corner of her house. The dress that she wore was beginning to make her task difficult as the wind was blowing up her dress.

She was almost to the next window when suddenly the glass shattered as two large claws and lashed out at her followed the menacing feline glare of a Daemonette. Kasumi lost her grip on the window as she fell of the ledge and screamed.

The Daemonette watched with enjoyment as the brown haired woman fell of the ledge to the ground. Her feline smirk changed as she saw the woman get up seemingly unharmed by the short fall. With a high pitched screech to warn nearby daemons, she disappeared from the window ledge to pursue her.

Kasumi looked up when she heard the screech. Her dress had somehow managed to cushion the impact and was relativity unharmed apart from a strained ankle. Kasumi was beginning to become more frightened as she heard more screeching and snarling from the house. Picking up her swords, she tried to make it to the Tendo Dojo and began to limp there due to her minor injury. She checked the bag that was slung over her shoulder and breathed a sigh of relief as the items that belonged to her mother were not broken or damaged.

She slid back the door and entered. Her hand tightened around the long Katana as she quickly scanned the room and closes the door behind her. She then began to limp across the Dojo floor towards the other side where there was another door that would lead down a side street.

She was almost there when suddenly her natural instinct kicked in and halted to a stop just metre away from the door. Kasumi raised her Katana and forearm to shield her when shattered into a thousand pieces as Daemonettes filtered through the narrow doorway. Kasumi looked over her shoulder and found that she was surrounded, her entrance of escape was blocked. Her bag that she was carrying slid off her shoulder.

She now had only one option left . . .

***

Location: Unknown

Ranma leapt over the daemon Bloodletters horde and immediately rushed towards the three-foot chaos staff bearing the glowing symbol of Tzeentch, it's chaotic energy keeping the warp rift in the material open to allow hordes of diabolic demons and creatures of the warp pouring into Nerima. If Sanguinius theory was correct, destroying the chaos staff would close the chaos rift and eventually afterwards the daemons would have to return back to where they came from as there isn't much anything M'Kachan or Angron can do to sustain the material appearance of their daemon minions. He was almost there when his martial art senses told him to wait here. A split second later, Ranma was blown off his feet as a massive creature rushed pasted him and would have flattened him if he took another step. Ranma looked to see who had tried to run him over and saw something that made sweat a little bit more.

"Oh no, not him again!" Ranma groaned when he saw that it was Kharn, but what surprised him the most was the thing over he was mounted.

"HAHAHA! I'M BACK AND I'M GOING TO SETTLE THIS SCORE!" Kharn bellowed, wielding his Gorechild in a fearsome display of dexterity and strength.

Ranma looked Kharn's mount and was surprised at what it was that he saw. It was neither machine nor beast, but some sort of a daemonic amalgam of both things, a creature of living metal with brass as flesh and pure hellfire for blood. Its broad brazen head was like a massive battering ram, capable of pounding a building or crushing the most heavily armored foe into blood pulp. The creature was an immense beast sprouting sharp spikes and blades, and strange runes and symbols hanged off the beast. Steadying himself, Ranma got into an offensive stance, his NekoKen blade in his right hand. Kharn thundered towards him at a terrifying pace on his mount. His Gorechild was raising high into the air posed to cut him down. Ranma held his ground calmly as the Daemon Juggernaut of Khorne hurtled towards him. The Juggernaut crushed and trampled anything that got in the way as it started to gather it full charging speed. Kharn fired a couple of plasma rounds at him but proved to be futile as Ranma deflected each shot with his blade with minimal ease, still holding his ground.

"I SHALL CARVE YOUR HEART OUT AND THEN BURN THIS CITY DOWN TO THE GROUND!" Kharn bellowed from the back of his daemon mount.

Ranma remained quiet, and starting to apply some of his Ki into his blade knowing full well, that a direct Ki blast wouldn't slow the creature down no matter what he did. Raising the blade above his head, he waited until the Juggernaut was about twenty yards. The blade started to crackle with black electricity as Ranma bought the blade down and unleashed the blast into the soil creating a huge trench in the ground. Kharn tried to stop the Juggernaut but crashed into the massive ditch, sending him flying and rolling across the ground.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!" Kharn snarled and pointed his plasma pistol at Ranma but realized that the weapon was leaking plasma. Cursing his luck, he threw the weapon away and got up to his feet.

"LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO DO IT THE HARD WAY!" He then drew a massive writhing sword from the scabbard across his back. Ranma remained impassive as the ogre sized champion of Khorne stomped towards him, angry and pissed. His sword and Gorechild in both of his hands, he glared at him with an eternal rage, intending to have his head on his trophy rack.

Ranma launched himself at Kharn with equal pace and fury, the NekoKen rune sword in his hand scything towards the champion of Khorne with a screech. Kharn parried the blade downward with his axe while thrusting his black sword into him. Ranma took two swift steps to the left without thinking avoiding being skewed by Kharn and brought up his own sword to block his second strike with his axe. Gorechild stuck sparks from Ranma's rune sword as he parried the blow, swiftly riposting with a thrust to the armored gut of Kharn. The sword pieced the ancient chaos armour with ease and into flesh. Kharn let out a howl of pain and retaliated by giving him a brutal headbutt. Ranma shook his head and threw himself backwards with more urgency than before when Kharn delivered an overhead chop with his Gorechild that would have cleaved him from head to groin.

Kharn saw his chance and rushed forward, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" he bellowed unleashing a fury of blows and strikes. His eyes turning blood red as he went into his infamous blood fury of Khorne.

Ranma was slowly took a few steps back by Kharn's berserk fury as he tried to find gaps in Kharn's almost impossible defenses. 'I must disarm him,' Ranma thought, he was having difficulties in trying to parry Kharn's furious assault.

Deciding that he had enough of playing on the defensive, Ranma launched himself at Khorne champion, his NekoKen blade transforming into a two handed sword instantly as he swung his edge in a massive arc. Kharn raised his sword to try to parry the strike, but such was the force of the blow that Kharn's blade was shattered into pieces. Unfazed, he snarled and threw the remnants of his weapon to the ground and gripped his Gorechild and swung his axe trying to cleave Ranma into two but without avail, as Kharn was slower than the Primarch, what was dodging and ducking between swings. Ranma lashed out with his sword, parrying the axe before twisting the sword to avoid the second strike. For what seemed like an eternity the two exchanged blows, weapons ringing relentlessly together, Kharn was showing no sign of fatigue or giving up, his blood fury keeping him going despite the numerous scores of cuts and slashes.

"Kachü Tenshin Amaguriken!" over a thousand punches were thrown into Kharn's face as he stumbled back.

Suddenly Ranma danger senses warned of an immediate danger behind him, instinctually leapt over Kharn, and back kicked him in the head. Kharn stumbled forwards and looked up to see . . .

"Not again!" Kharn cried out as his Juggernaut smashed into him, sending him crashing into a building with tremendous force.

"I will have your head!" Kharn exclaimed as he was flung across.

'That must have hurt,' Ranma thought and then saw the building that he went through suddenly collapsed on top of him due to structural damage, 'That guy doesn't get a break does he, oh well . . . uh oh!' Ranma immediately dived to his right as the Juggernaut rushed past him.

Ranma was in defensive stance and quickly spun his sword and sheathed the blade within its protective scabbard; a look of pure concentration appeared on Ranma's face. A Ki purple blade appeared between his hands.

"Come on, surely you can do better than that!" Ranma taunted the Daemon Juggernaut.

The daemon snarled, revealing its brass teeth and with a bestial roar, the daemon charged.

"Sai Dai Kyü Kijin Rai . . . Oh crap!" A sudden explosion threw him off his feet and ruined his aim with his Ki blade. He then watches helplessly at the Ki blade, missing the Juggernaut completely as the brass hellish creature started to gather speed for the charge.

Ranma braced himself for the impact, as he was expecting a world of pain in the next second. Suddenly he felt two clawed hands grab him by his shoulder and lifting him high into the sky, narrowly avoiding being smashed right across Nerima district. The Juggernaut of Khorne glanced up and roared out in frustration as he saw his victim carried off by a winged Angel. Ranma looked up to see who had saved him, who had similar wings like Sanguinius but his aura was slightly less powerful than he was. Judging by his aura, he could tell that he was a formidable opponent to face and hoped that he would not have to fight him,

"I suppose you're one of Sanguinius friends, right?" Ranma inquired casually, looking down to see that he was taking him over the Daemon hordes.

A small smirk appeared on his face. "Of course Ranma Saotome, otherwise I would've have dropped you by now and fallen to your death if I was your enemy."

"Somehow I doubt that." Ranma muttered under his breath. "You seem to know who I am, mind telling me who you are?"

"Saffron, Lord of the Phoenix tribe." He answered. "How come you don't have wings like your brother, Sanguinius?"

"Beats me, all I know that we are directly related to each on a genetic scale. Where are you taking me?" Ranma asked but was having a dreading feeling on where he was taking.

"Oh you will soon find out." Saffron grinned as he pointed out the target that Sanguinius told him to destroy if they had any chance of winning this battle. The Chaos Gate was directly ahead, radiating pure warp energy out as hordes of Daemon reinforcement emerged out of the portal.

"Hang on now, this going to be a rough ride!" Saffron then swooped down at incredible speed, dodging various magical blasts as he headed towards the sources of the daemon forces.

Ranma tried to help by firing a couple of Ki fireballs at the most threatening targets. Both Ranma and Sanguinius landed in the midst of the Daemon hordes and fifty yards from the huge Chaos Gate.

"RANMA DESTROY IT NOW!" Saffron shouted fending off a couple of Bloodletters daemons giving him some time to destroy the chaos icon. Using his Kinjakan, a weapon capable of giving off intense heat, he fried the nearby Daemons who were trying to get past the Leader of the Phoenix tribe.

"But . . ." Ranma said, seeing Saffron was having difficulties dealing with a pair of bloodhounds while at the same time was trying to avoid being skewed by the Bloodletter's rune swords.

"Go NOW or everything we have fought for will be in vain!" Saffron shouted, snapping the neck of a bloodhound like a twig and threw the body at the daemon hordes.

Saffron then leapt into the sky; his wings outstretched fully as Ki energy started to crackle between his hands. He started to chant a few quiet words before throwing three huge fireballs at the Daemons and continued to repeat it as much as possible drawing the Daemons attention from Ranma as he rushed towards the Daemon altar. Ranma rushed forward up the few stone steps, his sword drawn as he leapt, swirled and ducked under various blades and claws towards the Daemonic arcane device that was maintaining a stable link between the material and the immaterial warp allowing the Daemons easy access.

Ranma swung his powerful weapon in a wide arc removing both the arms and half the head of one of the Daemons. Seeing that he cleared the last of the Daemons that blocked his path to the daemonic warp crystal in the stone dais altar. Sensing the evil and chaos it was emitting, Ranma correctly guessed that this was the control that was keeping the gate open. Ranma raised his blade into the air and was about bring it down with tremendous force onto the device.

"It's now or never!" Ranma exclaimed, as the final sequences on the dais that was about to appear in the next thirty seconds. It would secure the warp tunnel between the Eye of Terror and the mortal realm and would bring the coming darkness to Nerima.

Ranma suddenly reeled back, a bolt of intense, raw emotional energy what seemed to rip through him and twist his guts. As Ranma staggered back, as the memories of the NekoKen training began to flood his mind and the fear and pain of that night began to devour his resolve and courage, and felt again like a tiny child curled in fear. An imaginary feline creature began to rake at his soul and mind. Ranma, what was unprepared for such an intense and devastating mental attack, fell to his knees, just yards away from his objective. The warp crystal was radiating a vivid and swirling color as it continued to prevent him from destroying the crystal. Ranma was unable to shake off the psychic attack when something rang in his mind like someone was calling at him. Barely opening his left eye, he glanced down at the source of the voice that seemed to be very familiar but could not for the life of him, place the source of the voice. The crystal pendant that hung around Ranma's neck began to hum loudly. Ranma was about to lose consciousness . . .

-Flashback-

One week ago . . . near the lake outside the Masaki household.

The meeting with Tsunami had proven to be very successful and a close bond between them had begun. Ranma had correctly guessed that she was a divine being but did not know that she was the Goddess of Life and the patron deity of the Juraians. After spending a few hours talking to Tsunami, he realized that it was time to go before Cypher came looking for him, who knows he might react to the shimmering figure of Tsunami.

"Ranma, before you go, please accept this as a token of our new friendship." Tsunami asked as a small necklace containing a blue crystal pendant materialized in her hand. Ranma was surprised and to be honest, and very relieved and happy that she considered him a friend even thought they have just met. No one in his life, with the exception of Ukyo Kounji, Tenchi Masaki and Cypher had acknowledged him as a friend

"Thanks, Tsunami." Ranma bowed politely as she gave him the pendant.

"Remember Ranma, always believe in yourself and never doubt what you are truly capable of. " Tsunami smiled and winked before she slowly disappeared in a gust of flower petals.

Ranma glanced down at the crystal pendant. He quickly pocketed it and began to make his way back to the Masaki shrine, noticing the blue hair girl, Sasami and Ry-Ohki waiting near the entrance for him, as he got closer.

-End of Flashback-

Ranma opened his eyes and stared at the cursed warp crystal, he sensed the Daemons were rushing up behind him to cut him down meanwhile he was defenceless. Ranma remembered the words and held his hand against his chest to feel the glowing pendant. The fear inducing attack that had incapacitated for a while there was broken by Tsunami's kind words, which pierced the shadowy nightmares like a beacon of light. He rose to his feet, fighting against the fear inducing and overwhelming psychic attack, conjuring within him every ounce of strength and resolve. Ranma held the jewelled pommel of his NekoKen sword in both hands and gritted his teeth.

Staggering steps slowly become a strong stride once again. His body trembling with the effort of concentration as he hurls the last of his mental reserves into the rune sword. Ranma took a final step and bought his sword down with a tremendous force.

The moment he smashed the chaos icon with his NekoKen Sword, there was a blinding flash and a deafening implosion, which knocked everyone off their feet including Saffron and Sanguinius at the sudden shockwave. The implosion was followed for a whirlwind of air and loose rock into its whirling core, a powerful vacuum sucking everything into its vortex. Ranma held onto a lamppost while he watched the daemons of the warp helplessly sucked up into the vortex and looked around to see his friends also were doing the same as him, holding onto dear lives. The vortex continues to whirl but it grows smaller as its collapsing power fades.

It shrinks and shrinks until, with a final crack, collapsed from sight . . .

What was followed by a tremendous shock wave then a brilliant flash, bright as a nova class star . . .

***

Location: Tendo Dojo

Kasumi Tendo bought her Katana back to the guard position as the loathsome creature surged forwards, their shrieks both terrifying and pitiful. Adjusting her grip on her sword and with a quick side step to the right, she slashed her Katana through the first Daemonette, ichor and pus jetting from its soft body as the blade easily though its flesh. She stabbed another, followed by a reverse clean stroke, disemboweling the creature. Kasumi screamed in pain as she felt hot pain lance through her. She staggered back as blood started to pour from her arm; her dress was stained with her blood and those she had killed. She knew they were simply too many of them as the leading Daemonette approached with a sinister smile and raising her claw to finish the mortal woman off.

She immediately took three quick steps to her left as the Daemonette overconfidently missed by an inch, slashing through her dress sleeves. How she managed to evade such an attack at such speed was a mystery as she gathered her wits and swept her Katana low, the blade slicing through the creature inner organs with a sickening sound. Breathing heavily, the other Daemonettes were circling around her, like panthers waiting to attack a wounded animal.

Kasumi Tendo eyed each of the repulsive creatures as she raised her Katana in a defensive stance, knowing that it would take something special to get her out of this situation. She had hoped that Ranma was still here as he had a habit of saving her sister every single time but he had been gone missing for sometime now. She pushed the thought back as the Daemon to her right, charged towards her

Rather than step back, Kasumi changed her strategy and ducked low underneath the daemon's swipe. She immediately switched her Katana with her Wakizashi, which was slightly shorter but allowed more movement in close combat. The momentum of the Daemonette's charge prevented the creature from changing its direction as Kasumi spin around inside the daemon's guard and drove her Wakizashi with all of her strength and into its black heart. The Daemonette spasm, dark ichor bursting from its throat as Kasumi twisted the knife in the wound and plunged it home again.

Kasumi wretched her mother's sword from the dissolving corpse and collapsed to her knees as the Daemonettes began to close the circle, having enough playtime and to finished her off now. Kasumi closed her eye and bowed her head in defeat as she felt her strength leaving her due to her injuries sustained. At least she had taken some of her unwanted guest with her before she was to be killed.

"Children! That's enough play! Back to Business!" A seductive but sinister voice was heard.

Kasumi waited for a few moments and when nothing happened, she raised her head. All the Daemonettes were not moving but she could see the hatred in their eyes. The Daemonettes as one suddenly took a step back and the ones that were directly in front of her took a step back allowing someone to enter. Kasumi brushed back her hair for a better look, her hand resting on the hilt of her Wakizashi.

Dazed, Kasumi looked up and saw a blond haired man over her. There was a sense of familiarity, like she had met him before. She tried desperately to remember who he was, despite her wounds and it wasn't until she made contact with his eyes that she knew . . .

"It's you! Why are you doing this!" Kasumi said accusingly in threatening tone that would shock anyone who knew her.

The man smiled revealing a row of perfect teeth. "Ah, you remember me . . . that's good because it will be the last name you will ever hear."

The man took a few steps towards her and grinned. His appearance suddenly changes to the foreign businessman and then back to his normal form. "As you can see, Kaften Hadona is not my real name. You may call me N'Kari, Daemon Prince of Slaanesh."

Kasumi slowly rose to her feet to facing him and . . .

SLAP!

The man's cheek was red from Kasumi's slap. He seemed to be unconcerned by her attack and looked down his chest. Kasumi glared at N'Kari with hatred, for everything that had happened. The Wakizashi blade was completely imbedded in his chest.

"Hmm . . . that wasn't really nice, was it," N'Kari sighed and pointed his glowing index finger towards her. "You cannot kill me with such primitive weapons, Kasumi Tendo."

Kasumi looked in horror, as the last thing she saw was brilliant flash.

"Slaanesh FORCE BOLT!"

Kasumi was flung across the Dojo floor and slammed against the wall. She immediately lost consciousness on impact and slid down, landing a crumple pile. The Wakizashi fell from her hand.

N'Kari smirked and swiftly turn to walk out.

"Take her!" said N'Kari. The Daemonettes obeyed his command and started to move towards her.

'This one is very strong . . . that's about it,' thought N'Kari. Also the thought of torturing and hearing her suffering from the girl was beginning to turn him on . . . after her purpose has been served,

***

Hours later . . .

When at last the fury of battle has passed Ranma look down and saw the lifeless corpses of the Daemons who mortal bond with the material word was shattered with the destruction of the ancient device that bind the two worlds together. Unbelievably, in the face of such overwhelming odds, they have triumphed. Exhausted by the effort of the ordeal, Ranma drop to his knees, panting heavily. Weakly lifting his head, he could see the NekoKen sword deeply imbedded into the stone altar. Ranma felt a gentle breeze on his face as the Phoenix leader arrived and approached him cautiously.

"It seems I have deeply underestimated you, Ranma," Saffron said to him. He seemed to have suffered little injuries from what Ranma could tell despite the overwhelming odds stacked against them. Saffron studied the exhausted Primarch according to Lord Sanguinius and lowered his Kinjakan in a friendly gesture.

Ranma looked up and raised a curious eyebrow, "A lot of guys like you often do. So what else is new."

"Not many people like you would defy the dark forces of a God." Saffron countered sharply.

Ranma shrugged and was feeling a little better; his natural healing skills were beginning to loosen the discomfort he was feeling. Rising to his feet, Saffron watched as he moved towards his sword and with one quick movement of the wrist, Ranma smoothly lifted the sword and spun the NekoKen blade, sheathing it back within it's protective scabbard, only to be drawn again when the situation called for it. Ranma mentally commanded it to return back to its storage sub pocket using an advance and heavily modified version of Mousse hidden weapon technique.

'Interesting,' Saffron thought and took a step back to make room between himself and Ranma. "We will meet again, Ranma Saotome."

Saffron leapt toward the sky as he headed south. Hopefully the battle there was settled and also to check on his commander in charge, Kiima.

"Sooner than you think, Saffron," Ranma whispered and watched the soaring Phoenix head into the clouds.

Rubbing his right shoulder that he had managed to dislocate during the fighting, he started to apply some of his Chi healing skills to numb the pain and to relax his muscles. He took the time to survey the total destruction and most important the final cost. The Chaos Gate had completely disappeared from existence and there was little left that remained except for the granite dais altar. The Daemon forces had been putting up swift resistance for the Blood Angels and the Japanese Self Defense force but without the Chaos sustaining their physical bodies with constant raw energy from the warp. They had begun to fade away, huge groups of nightmarish beasts and creatures were disappearing by the hour, lifting the pressure on the defending forces.

The Blood Angels fell back in good order to the Thunderhawk Gunship, reading to transport the wounded and dead back to the Angel of Death. Most of the Khorne Berzerkers and Thousand Sons Marines were nowhere in sight as only death and destruction was left in their wake. Speaking of the Khorne Berzerkers, Ranma wondered if this was the last time he would be seeing Kharn . . .

***

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" Kharn roared out loud.

"SKULLS FOR KHORNE!" chanted his followers.

Kharn and a small band of Khorne Berzerkers that were still loyal to him had left vicinity of Nerima and were heading towards fresh killing fields in which to slaughter in the name of Khorne.

'This is not a retreat, this is just a opportunity.' Kharn thought as he decided to screw M'Kachan orders. Like he said before, no one would order him about like a servant especially from a Tzeentch puppet.

Kharn had a manic grin beneath his helmet. Gorechild still tightly gripped in his hands.

"FOR KHORNE!"

***

Most of Nerima commercial and industrial areas were laid to waste during the aftermath of which would be the first of many battles with the forces of Chaos. Difficult times lay ahead for Ranma and his friends. Although they had evacuated most of the civilians from the district, it would never feel the same again. Feeling a little tired; he sat down on the roof of the car and looked up to see the sky was returning to its normal shade. Looking over to his right in the distance, he could see the clean up operation had started after the Japanese military have given the all clear to allow aid workers into Nerima. Ranma felt his heart sank at the sight of the body bags laid across the street to be identified by their families.

Ranma got slightly more depressed at the images he was seeing and was about to get up when he felt yet another strong breeze of air rushed beneath him. Thinking it was Saffron; Ranma turned around and looked up at the tall powerful figure of the Primarch of the Blood Angels.

A knowing smile ran across his face and took a few steps towards Ranma. The pigtailed Primarch looked up at him for a few seconds before nodded at his silent request. Sanguinius sat down beside him and two looked like they have been through hell and back.

There was a moment of peaceful silence that came between them.

"No one blames you for this Ranma. This isn't your fault," said Sanguinius. "You have done more than anyone could have expected from you."

Ranma was silent as Sanguinius continued to speak and just stared out at the scenery of what was left of Nerima. "It was bound to happen, fortunately you and your brave friends were there to prevent this from turning into a mass slaughter for their Dark Gods.

Sanguinius silently signaled to Captain Garus and his Honour Guard to leave them alone for awhile.

Ranma was silent for a few moments before he looked up at Sanguinius. "Shouldn't a martial artist suppose to . . ." He began to talk about the role and duty of a martial artist.

Sanguinius had a feeling of what Ranma was trying to say. "Don't give me that concept about a martial artist should protect the weak and the defenseless, that the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard." He interrupted, shaking his head.

"Everyone has a choice to fight or to run, and besides you can't protect everyone, the only people that you should have top priority over are the people you care and love first, the rest comes second. That's life so face it. Those who try to hurt those you care must be slain without remorse or emotion, which you did and have succeeded where others would have faltered. It is as simple as that."

"But still . . ." Ranma said, still unconvinced about the feeling he was having deep inside. Sanguinius stopped him.

Sanguinius then fixed Ranma with his piercing glaze looking deep into his grayish blue eyes. "I have one question to ask which I want your best and honest answer, do you know who you are?" he asked,

"Of course." Ranma hastily replied at his question, "I'm the best martial artist in my generation and . . . why are you shaking your head?" Ranma inquired.

"You are much more than a martial artist, Ranma. You and I were created after centuries of genetic research, in an attempt at genetic restructuring with the aim of creating godlike creatures. The Dark Gods of Chaos were scared of the fact that a mortal could rise to a level that could match them at their own league."

"So how come, I don't look like you?" Ranma asked. "Am I supposed to the runt of the group?"

Sanguinius shook his head. "Ranma, you are a Primarch, what you lack in physical appearance, you make up with your skills and intelligence kinda like the Primarch of the Alpha legion, Alpharius. We were all scattered across the universe, bought in completely different environments and surrounding. Some were good and some were . . . err . . . not satisfactory. I do not know why you were bought up on this world or taken to this universe but I suspect that the Emperor was involved in this. Given the fact that you are half human and Primarch, you do possess the best qualities of both genes that we sometimes lack in ourselves. The secret project of creating the Primarchs was perfected across centuries of research and development but it was not perfect as the Emperor intended. When the Chaos Gods' evil and corruption was instilled in some of the infant Primarchs it wasn't until Horus Heresy did they show their true colors." Sanguinius informed Ranma.

"So he just abandoned me here on this world, is that what you are telling me?" Ranma demanded. Sanguinius gestured to Ranma to calm down.

"It was out of his control. I suspect that being raised on this world meant the Emperor was unable to find you but it did mean that the Chaos Gods were unable to extend effectively their influence despite their numerous attempts to do so. Perhaps it was good that you were raised on a world where they still have honorable morals and beliefs that the world of Man in our universe has forgotten, I notice that you have been taught well despite your harsh upbringing." The Blood Angel Primarch suggested.

Ranma nodded for Sanguinius to continue.

"Listen to me, Ranma. We were created for a purpose and although we do not know what fate and destiny have planned for us, we can only take a step at a time but with each step, we are a step closer to our true path of destiny. I had thought that my destiny would be at Horus Heresy and my life would come to an end." Sanguinius slightly winced at his memories. "The Emperor managed to save me in time and he said before he was encased in the life sustaining throne that it wasn't my time yet to die but his time to make the ultimate sacrifice. Your actions have already set you on your path of destiny; there is no turning back because you already made your decision."

"I see . . . I'm beginning to understand what you are saying, it's not everyday someone would find themselves battling it out against the minions of the four dark Gods from another dimension then again . . . trouble seems to follow me wherever I go." Ranma sighed, as he felt uncomfortable with the feeling he was getting deep inside his very soul.

Sanguinius noticed the depressed look on Ranma face and tried to lift his spirits, "You are not alone in this war, and you have some fine friends and allies that would gladly aid you in this struggle. I'm going to be with you at every step in this war," a small smile appeared on his face.

Ranma lifted his head and stared at Sanguinius for a moment, "Thanks, brother."

"Still it doesn't feel right," Ranma complained.

"You will never be rid of that feeling, brother," Sanguinius replied. "You'll get used to it eventually; we all do if we are to survive what the future has for us."

"I suppose so," grumbled Ranma, as he felt slightly reassured by the Primarch of the Blood Angels.

"Come with me, there are people waiting to see you, let's not keep them waiting any longer." Sanguinius said as he rested his hand on the pommel of his powersword and clenched his fist over its golden skull. With the invasion halted for now, the Primarch scoured the battlefield for one last time before turned on his heels and together he and Ranma walked south where a large group of friends and allies waited.

As Ranma got closer towards the group, a small smile ran across his face. Tenchi, Katsuhito and Ayeka were waving at him whilst Ryoga and Cypher were there, after be checked over by the Blood Angel Priest. Washu smiled as the giant spaceship Ry-Ohki hovered behind the group ready to take them home.

Captain Garus and Damson approached their Primarch and quickly reported that there were still pockets of resistance but weren't a serious threat. Also there was no sighting of the Daemon Princes, M'Kachan or Angron. Most of the traitorous Space Marines had either retreated or scattered throughout Japan.

"Continue with the purging of the traitors, take the wounded and dead. We shall not leave our fallen on this planet." Sanguinius ordered.

"It shall be done, Lord Sanguinius." Captain Garus and Damson said at the same time.

Meanwhile Sasami beamed down from the ship and instantly ran towards Ranma with a joyful smile and open arms. Ranma's smile brightened even more as he remembered Sanguinius' words of advice and slowly made his way towards them.

"RANMA!" Sasami shouted joyfully.

Ranma bent down as she jumped into his arms, to hug him as tight as possible. Ranma slowly wrapped his arms around Sasami and relaxed in her embrace. Cypher and Ryoga really looked like they had been through hell and back. Both of them looked to see if there were any of Ranma's usual fiancées or rivals around as this would be an appropriate time for them to arrive. Tenchi and Katsuhito smiled at the heart-warming sight. Katsuhito suddenly realized that if Ranma were to take Sasami as his fiancée, he would be second in line for the Juraian throne and wondered about the implications of this. Ayeka simply watched while glancing over to Tenchi for a brief moment. Washu on the other hand was thinking quite the opposite to the rest of the gang.

'This is going to be interesting,' thought Washu, a spark in her eyes of the things she might do.

Cypher walked over to Ranma and placed a hand over his shoulder. Ranma looked up toward him, "This is going to get worse, isn't it?" he asked as a flood of thoughts filled his mind of the future that was in store for him.

Cypher nodded but quickly decided to say something so that it would not spoil the moment.

"Yes, Ranma. I'm afraid that this is the beginning of things to come BUT if we are united and work as a one, we can overcome anything that the Dark Gods of Chaos may throw at us."

"Thanks, Cypher." Ranma said, standing up while Sasami held onto his arm tightly.

"For what?"

"Nothing." Ranma shrugged and noticed something out of the ordinary amongst the ruins. "Shouldn't you release them by now?" he said pointed towards the two Sailor Senshi still trapped in the blue stasis field.

Cypher shrugged, "Maybe later . . . "

***

Location: Eye of Terror

Nemesis Citadel . . .

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning," said a powerful Daemon Prince of Slaanesh as he watched the numberless mass of minions of the Dark Gods roaming around the citadel. Although the sky was pitch black and planet was engulfed in veil of darkness, the Daemon Prince could see quite perfectly what was happening. His daemonic visage could easily pick out the smallest details on the horizon.

The Daemon Prince's body was bedecked with numerous gorgeous jewels and crystals. The delicate colored silks overlay his hideous form as the Daemon stared out in the darkness. His bestial horned head turned slightly into the main chamber which was circular, lit by blue flame torches round the walls, with the Rune of Chaos laid into the ceiling and floor of the chamber in polished black granite. In the centre was a vast long table made from the same granite.

"Sometimes I wish that the end would come," the Daemon Prince whispered as he watched a huge monstrous figure pacing up and down the length of the chamber. He was cladded in full brass armour that was underneath his mutated and twisted power armour that had been merged together with his skin as one. His body was covered with spikes and daemonic sigils. A pair of stained axes hung around his waist along with his barbed chains.

"Where is that back-stabbing! No good for nothing, traitorous Prince of Tzeentch!" Angron exclaimed and slammed his massive fist down on the black granite table with tremendous force. His attention slowly looked up towards the general direction of the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh.

"And what are you smiling about, N'Kari!" demanded Angron.

"Nothing that concerns you, Angron." The Daemon Prince smiled in a sinister kind of way but not the type that M'Kachan would use.

Angron glared at the jeweled freak for a few seconds. 'You're up to something?' he thought before turning back to the issue that he had been fuming about.

"M'Kachan better have a damn good reason why we were forced to retreat!" Angron yelled out again, victory was within his grasp, only to be snatched away by the Daemon Prince in question. N'Kari sighed and turned his attention back to the dark landscape.

"If he doesn't have a good reason, Khorne help me! For when I am done with him, it will make Slaanesh himself wince at the sight of the things I'm going to inflict on him!"

N'Kari snorted at Angron's ranting, "Yeah right."

Behind the ranting Daemon Prince was Jadeite in his human form. The insignia of the Blood God, Khorne gifted him the ability to change back. Nothing much had changed on the outside since his pledge to Khorne, but it someone was to look directly into his eyes, the swirling blood thirst and madness was barely kept in check by the sheer willpower. He was leaning against a wall; arms crossed across his chest, and watched with amusement his new master, who was letting off some frustration and stress. One thing that Jadeite had learnt from an early age when he worked under Queen Beryl was to never being anywhere nears her when she got really angry or frustrated, but always within listening distance if she wanted anything. This was a delicate balance, which Jadeite and Neflyte had refined into an art, among their varied abilities to preserve their skins.

This paid off when Angron earlier had taken some of his frustration on the nearest thing, which could have been Jadeite. Luckily, the blond haired general was able to react quickly and used his cunning to avoid any serious beating from him, by directing his rage into a couple of flamers of Tzeentch that were lurking around. What Angron actually did to them was too disgusting to describe, as he vented his fury over the daemons of Tzeentch; it was not a pretty picture.

N'Kari entered the room, and following him was Neflyte, with a pair of girls.

Jadeite's jaw dropped in a mixture of surprise and extreme envy, "I can't believe what I am seeing, why that lucky bastard!" He thought when he noticed Neflyte's companions. He could see their smooth pale silk skin; they're exotic but strangely beautiful appearance, its playful feline eyes and purple lips and finally its razor sharp claws . . .

'WAIT A MINUTE! RAZOR SHARP CLAWS?' Jadeite thought and realized that Neflyte's companions were not ordinary girls but Daemonettes of Slaanesh, extremely beautiful but also deadly.

Jadeite walked up Neflyte slowly and waved to get his attention. Neflyte nodded and whispered something into their ear in daemon tongue, which they seemed to understand him as they giggled, and kissed him on the cheek before of leaving him.

"Err . . . Neflyte you do know they aren't human and are creatures of the warp that are created for only one purpose which is to kill?"

Neflyte had a glazed look and a funny smile painted on his face as he said. "Yeah, I know . . . but they CERTAINLY know how to pleasure a guy like me!"

Jadeite facefaulted quite loudly, which snapped Neflyte out of his daydreaming state of mind. Neflyte looked down and wondered why his friend's face was planted in the ground as he helped him to get up.

"Err . . . are you okay, Jadeite?" he asked.

'I know what Neflyte had some weird fetishes, but this is ridiculous!' was the thought what passed for Jadeite's head as he accepted the other general's help.

N'Kari was listening quietly and calmly at Angron's outbursts and frustrations. He decided to intervene to avoid the Daemon Primarch from leveling this citadel brick by brick.

"Angron, I might not know why M'Kachan did what he did, but I'm sure that he has a good explanation for his actions. You do know that although I do not like him THAT much, he is a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch. They will never do anything without a good reason, it's not in their nature, you on the other hand . . ." N'Kari answered, after the Daemon Primarch made a pause in his rant.

Angron calmed down a little at his reasoning, "If he had just given me more time, I would've have victory within my grasp! AND WILL YOU STOP TRYING TO READ MY MIND!" exclaimed Angron and in a flash of movement threw an axe at him.

N'Kari's daemonic foresight told him what was he about to do and calmly raised his right hand up, stopping the axe's edge just inches from his neck. "Heh, sorry, can't avoid myself," he replied and started to twirl the axe between his long sharp fingers at a incredible speed before throwing it back to him with deadly accuracy.

"This belongs to you, catch!"

Angron caught the axe with minimal effort and placed it down on the table as he paced up and down the vast chamber waiting for a certain Daemon Prince of Tzeentch to arrive. His double-headed axe of Khorne was resting beside the wall, the blood of countless victims still staining the blade.

"Angron, do you know why M'Kachan decided to take specific female prisoners?" N'Kari asked as he had seen who was being kept in their dungeons.

"No, I don't know why, he just told me to tell you that if you try to go within a hundred feet near them . . . he's going to have your head on a silver plate. Also your body fed to the creatures of the warp and your soul placed in a small glass jar and..."

"Yes, yes I think I got the point." N'Kari sighed, as those prisoners were quite tasty and was disappointed that he could not have fun with them.

Just then, M'Kachan materialized into the room, a small smirk on his face as he strides across the chamber, ignoring Angron's glare of death and the bemused look on N'Kari's face. He slowly pulled up his chair bearing the symbol of Tzeentch and started to read some of the magical transcripts given to him by a small pink Horror who retreated away into the shadows. He then placed his staff beside his chair and resumed his reading as if nothing had happened.

N'Kari took a few steps back and remained quiet while he watch the following events between M'Kachan and Angron knowing that a small spark could led to the whole citadel being blown up, judging by Angron battle aura. Jadeite and Neflyte were wise enough to follow N'Kari action and they slowly back away against the further wall. Angron slowly stalked towards the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, his knuckles turning whiter by the second around the handle of his axe of Khorne, using all of his willpower to refrain himself from taking out M'Kachan right here and right now.

"M'Kachan, is there anything you wanted to tell us? Perhaps about the battle or why you ordered our entire daemon forces to retreat?" Angron asked, trying to keep the bitterness and hatred out of it.

M'Kachan peered over his transcripts, "Can't think about anything to say. Is there, something bothering you?" He replied innocently.

That was the final straw for Angron and swiftly smashed the table in pieces with one powerful smash with his axe of Khorne, "why yes, and there is something bothering me!" Angron leaned forwards and spitted his answer into the Daemon Prince face. N'Kari was laughing quietly behind him.

M'Kachan blinked and slowly wiped the spit off his face, "There no need for that, you just destroyed my favorite table, you owe me now a new one." Angron got even more frustrated and angry, "So what's on your mind?" M'Kachan asked, retaining a calm and relaxed expression.

"Why did you order us to retreat? We could have destroyed them all!" Angron shouted.

M'Kachan slowly rose from his chair and snapped his fingers. Two daemons entered the room carrying something between them, what was covered under a purple veil.

"We needed all our forces back to the realm to prepare for the next stage of the invasion. We cannot wait for our mortal pawn to give us the Negaverse's energy. Tzeentch and the other Dark Gods have merged recently a proportion of their powers, in the form of a powerful gift. We can now proceed to the next stage of our master plan." M'Kachan explained and approached to the object, pulling its purple veil off.

Angron calmed down, "Have you killed her yet?" he asked hopefully.

"Can't you say simply what he messed up big time; is it really necessary to put a whole lot of spin on this?" N'Kari said.

M'Kachan glared at N'Kari for a moment before he shook his head at Angron.

"My master Tzeentch has changed his mind and spared her life for reasons unknown to me for now. She's currently held in one of our rooms, under specific orders that she is not to be touched or harmed in any way."

"Why? Her usefulness has expired so . . . why keep her alive?" Angron asked, admiring the powers contained within the crystal sphere.

"I will not question my master's plans or motives. Everything will fall into its place and we shall be victorious as he has predicted, nothing can stop us now," M'Kachan replied.

"Yeah right, talk about being overconfident," Angron mumbled quietly.

"What did you say, Angron? I didn't quite hear that?" hissed M'Kachan, his Tzeentch staff appearing his hand, fully charged to blast the Daemon Primarch of Khorne for his insolence against the Chaos God of Fire.

"Yeah, you heard me, what are you going to do with that puny stick?" Angron snapped back.

N'Kari, Jadeite and Neflyte sighed as they guessed the obvious response of the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch to Angron's sarcastic remark . . .

M'Kachan unleashed a force bolt that sent the Daemon Primarch through every single wall in the citadel and continued to carry him for quite awhile.

N'Kari gave a questioning look at M'Kachan's act.

"He will be back." M'Kachan simply said in his mysterious and all-knowing way. He then picked up the black glass sphere and stared at the energies contained inside.

"Soon the people of Earth will feel the true wrath of chaos and tremble in fear of its name. Ranma Saotome, you may have won a minor victory here . . . But you're far from winning this war."

TBC . . .

***

Author Note: Well then . . . this concludes the battle in Juuban and Nerima. Nothing much to say but thanks a lot to those who took the time to write a review or email to me, I appreciate the support. Sorry for taking so long it was mainly because of real life and study. Next chapter would be the start of Tzeentch's second stage of the invasion.

Character Profile: Sanguinius - Primarch of the Blood Angels

Sanguinius came to land on the second moon of Baal, there the infant Primarch was found by one of the wandering tribes of humans who called themselves the Folk of pure Blood, or simply, the Blood. Sanguinius life nearly came to an end there and then, for the touch of Chaos had changed him. Tiny vestigial wings, like those of an angel, emerged from his back. Many were those who wanted to kill the child as a mutant, while others wanted to spare the boy, for in every other way, he was as perfect a child as ever seen.

Eventually humanity prevailed and the child was spared.

Sanguinius grew quickly and learned everything his parents could teach him. After three weeks he was as large as a three-year-old child, and could walk. As he grew his wings grew also, changing into mighty pinions that could bare him aloft on the desert air. By this time he was one year old, he looked and acted like a man in his youthful prime. He could walk without a rad-suit in the poison desert, and could shatter mighty boulders with a single blow.

Like the other Primarchs. Sanguinius grew at an incredible rate, and his wings grew also. The feathers were as white and pure as a swan's. But as strong as those of the Imperial Eagle itself. His wings ultimately became mighty pinions that could bear him aloft through the scorching desert air, the inspiring awe and devotion from the lesser beings of Baal.

Others among the Primarchs are said to have fought against the Emperor when they first met but this was not the case with Sanguinius. He immediately recognized the Emperor for who he was and bent his knee before the Lord of Mankind. The Emperor raised him up and looked upon his people and saw they were fair and noble. The best of the warriors were to become Space Marines using the gene-seed extracted from Sanguinius; the rest were to defend mankind's birthright upon Baal Secundus.

Thus were born the Blood Angels, among the chapters of the first founding. They joined the Emperor's fleet and sailed across the Sea of Stars to participate in the Great Crusade

Source (Index Astartes 2003)

Important Note: It was known that Sanguinius was gifted with foretelling, able to see visions of what lay ahead and that he knew full he was going to his doom when he confronted the Warmaster Horus during Horus Heresy. The most important change is that Sanguinius survived the battle against Horus but only just barely. Unfortunately because of the terrible psychic battle, the cost was high and terrible that the black rage was instilled in all the warriors of the Blood Angels legion.

SDF - Self Defense Force (Japanese)

A lot of thanks to Holy Knight and Random Tasking for proof reading this chapter . . . cheers!

And . . . please, stop pointing those weapons at me especially you with the longsword.

The Administration will accept all comments and constructive criticism.

The Inquisition will purge all flames with righteous fury.

Please transmit all encoded comments to: pnmonty@hotmail.com

Version 1.0 08/07/03
Version 2.0 07/06/04