Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos ❯ Wishful Thinking ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma/Warhammer 40K/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo Crossover Fanfiction

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½, Warhammer 40K, Sailor Moon or Tenchi Muyo. Ranma 1/2 belongs to Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Warhammer 40K belong to Games Workshop. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi. Tenchi Muyo OVA ‘Ry-Ohki’ belongs to Kajishima Masaki. This story was created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from this written fanfiction.

The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos

By Montymouse

Chapter Twenty Two – Wishful Thinking

XXXXX

"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

XXXXX

Location: Japan, Juuban District

Blue Spring District Hospital . . .

The desperation and fear at this hospital was palpable. Experience doctors, trained nurses and medical personnel scurried through the hospital long corridors, chock full of patients in makeshift beds. The hospital was heavily inundated with patients displaying symptoms of severe skin discolouration, high fever, and disorientation and severe fits of coughing of blood. In some cases there was internal organ failure and bleed and in rare cases, death. It seemed that an unknown contagious outbreak has appeared in the central commercial area of Juuban. The outbreak has spread at an alarming rate prompting government officials to react to the situation as best they could. Whole areas were sealed off as official press releases from the ministry of Health were released in an effort to reassuring the public whilst secretly sending in legions of Biohazard teams to assess the situation. Yet there was a growing sense of unease from the public. In another wing of the Blue Spring hospital, the wall of facility rang to the agonised cries to hundreds of wounded soldier from the JSD force. The reek of antiseptic cleaning equipment unable to mask the bitter stench of infected flesh and weeping wounds as the wounded soldiers were flown in due to the nearby hospital unable to cope or were full to the brim. These were the first casualties of war and will not be the last.

Meanwhile the media blackout on the events in Nerima was slowing being brought into the public attention. Reporters were reporting news ranging from the simplest to the downright bizarre whilst others were giving far fetched conspiracy theories on the government actions. The public audience demanded answers to what was happening in their country. The speculation was further fuelled as leaked government memo on issuing of quarantined order for the several hospitals in the area along with the events in Nerima didn’t help calm the panic. Many of media speculations were mainly linked to the recent skirmishes between the Sailor Moon and her Sailor Senshi and the appearance of grotesque creatures dubbed Nurgle. Usually the residences of Juuban were used to the fights between the Sailor Senshi and whatever turns up random monster which resulted in serious damage to private and public property and on a few occasions, innocent civilians being involved but in the end, the Sailor Senshi would prevail and everything would return to normal.

Unfortunately the skirmishes against plague minions of Nurgle had far reaching consequences than first thought. Innocent bystanders were beginning to suffer the terrible after effects as the Chaos God of Decay and Pestilence began to make its first move.

Juuban Central District Hospital . . .

Rei’s grandfather and his shrine assistant Yuuichirou along with Ami Mizuno, Minako Aino and Makoto Kino were all waiting in unbearable tense silence. They were all waiting for the doctor in charge of Rei Hino to appear so that they could gain an insight in her condition. Several hours had passed since Rei was admitted into the hospital for emergency theatre surgery and the only word they receive about her condition was an hour ago. Just then, a grey haired doctor in charge appeared and approached the group. Everyone looped up anxiously at the doctor as he walked over towards Rei’s grandfather. The doctor then led him away to talk in private as he explained to him what was happening so far. Everyone watched as the doctor produced a couple of papers for him to sign before leading him to see her. Rei’s grandfather glanced over his shoulder and nodded for his assistant to stay put as he goes to see how his granddaughter is coping. The girls in the reception room looked haggard and weary; none of them looked like they slept in days as they waited.

Just then a certain twin ponytail blond girl busted through the infirmary doors into the reception lounge with pent up energy. Concern and hysteria was clearly etched across her face as she scanned the room looking for her.

“Where is she? Where is Rei!” she shouted, almost screaming. She was unable to comprehend to what she was told over her communicator.

Everyone in the lounge looked up at the frantic girl. She was almost in a state of hysteria when she was told by Ami Mizuno that something terrible had happened at the Hikawa Shrine and that Rei was involved in the incident. She was then informed that Rei was being transferred to the Juuban Central Hospital for emergency treatment. Ami quickly informed the others about the situation and arranged for them to meet her there as soon as possible.

“Usagi, please calm down, remember where you are,” Ami said to stop her from tearing up the place.

Usagi blinked as she calm down to her senses before looking into Ami’s eyes and . . .

“ImsorryImsorryfornotbeinghereearlierIgotheldupintrafficandtherewasaccid entonthemainroadand . . .” Usagi said in almost wailing voice and bowed apologetically to everyone including the people who she didn’t know.

“Its okay, it’s okay, it’s not your fault, what matters are that you are here for her,” Ami said reassuringly, trying calming her down as she led her to where Minako and Makoto were sitting. Usagi looked ready to protest. She desperately wanted to find out if her best friend was all right or not but saw the looks from her friends and others in the reception lounge that she wasn’t the only one and promptly calmed down.

“What happened?” Usagi asked in a low voice. Ami looked at her and sighed.

“Just what I told you over the communicator is all we know right now.” She answers softly as she glances over to where Yuuichirou was sitting looking sorry. Usagi nodded.

“She just been through immediate emergency surgery a few hours ago since then, I’m not really sure. The details are unclear, that why we still doesn’t know what happened.” Ami said in uncertain tone of voice. Not even her mother who worked here would tell her what was going on when she tried to inquire about it. Due to patient confidentially that only members of her family were to be informed right now which was Rei’s Grandfather.

A few tense moments of silence passed . . .

“Ami, was she . . . err . . . was she . . . assaulted? I mean was she . . .” Usagi asked quietly in a nervous voice, afraid of what the answer might be.

“Was she raped,” Ami finished her sentence. Usagi nodded slightly as she held her breath.

Ami looked her in the eye for a split moment. She then shook her head and smiled a little. This simple action bought Usagi a huge sign of relief.

“That, I do know at least, she wasn’t, thank goodness.” Ami said before her expression change in a sombre look. “She was in critical state the last time I heard but I did overhear that the doctor in charge say that she a thirty percent chance of . . .” Ami hesitated, unable to pull the words in her mouth.

“Thirty percent chance of . . .” Usagi asked, not really understanding.

Ami paused for moment. “Of pulling through, she might recovery or end up in a coma for a long time. Only time will tell, let us pray that she pulls through. Please, I don’t want to talk about it.” She said quietly.

Usagi nodded as she noticed that Ami was trying to pull back the tears and change the subject to something more important.

“Ami, please tell me who bought her in? Was it Rei’s Grandfather?” Usagi asked, hoping to learn more about the situation.

Ami shook her head. “That’s the problem, we don’t know. Someone called in the emergency services and came in with her. He promptly left mysteriously without leaving his name or contact details as soon as Rei’s grandfather and Yuuichirou arrived at the hospital.”

“But how?” inquired Usagi.

Ami shook her head. “We don’t know but what I heard is that he came in looking worse off that her like he came back from a war zone. Somehow he managed to elude being questioned by the police and the doctors before disappeared out of nowhere. They suspect he was involved in all of this and have issued a warrant for his immediate arrest. The Hikawa shrine and surrounding area have been corded off by the police; it looks like someone dropped a bomb in there.” Ami replied.

“I know, I seen it on the local news broadcast, who would do such a thing to a shrine,” Usagi said, looking across the lounge to see a television set in the corner of the reception.

Usagi paused for moment. “We should know what he should looked like, there got to hundred of cameras who should have taken a pretty good shot of him and as soon as we get some good news we should easily find him with our capabilities,” she said, formulating a plan of action in her mind.

Ami shook her head in defeat. Usagi blinked as she stared blankly at her blue haired friend.

“You have got to be kidding?” she said flabbergasted.

“I’m not,” Ami admitted and leaned in closer towards Usagi. “I managed to hack my way into the hospital CCTV security system using a new feature on my computer.”

“And?” she said.

“I found that there isn’t one clear picture of his face to reveal his identity except for one . . . it’s not very clear, just second before he disappeared.” Ami handed to Usagi a small printout.

Usagi looked at the blurred image of someone leaving but the quality of picture was pretty bad, guessing that the security cameras need more funding. Usagi’s eye widened slightly in recognition but wasn’t picked up by Ami as she turned to talk to Makoto and Minako who understood what was happening. Ami quickly turned her attention back to Usagi.

“Well, do you recognise anything?” Ami asked.

Usagi looked at Ami and shook her head.

“No,” she lied as she saw something very familiar in the picture.

“Oh, well we have nothing to go against, all that we can do is wait,” Ami said in a disappointing tone.

“We have to be here for her when she wakes so until then, we wait before taking any action,” Usagi said in strong tone of voice.

Ami, Minako and Makoto nodded in agreement, surprised in her change in personality of a born leader than a cry baby but didn’t say anything about it.

A few hours later . . .

Usagi Tsukino, Ami Mizuno, Minako Aino and Makoto Kino were all gathered together in the reception lounge in contempt silence as they waited for Rei’s Grandfather to return, hoping that he would shed some light on her condition and status. Everyone in the small group had small plastic cups in their hands from the drinks machine to keep them awake, some more than others as earlier, Ami had to take away Usagi’s drink due to her hyperactive mood and that was just her first. The tension in the atmosphere was almost unbearable. Many doctors and nurses passed through the reception room but none of them knew or were unwilling to give information about on Rei’s condition. Towards the other side of the lounge was Yuuichirou, looking very sorry and depressed, he was basically reflecting the general mood.

Just then, Rei’s Grandfather entered into the reception lounge, catching everyone who was concerned to attention as he stepped through the infirmary doors. Everyone focused his attention on the Shinto Priest in charge of the Hikawa Shrine as he stepped across the lounge and sat beside his shrine helper, Yuuichirou. Rei’s Grandfather bowed and his hands clasped together which started to worry the four girls about Rei’s condition. Usagi decide to find out about Rei as the doctors were unwilling to divulge any information to them when she asked.

Usagi rose from her seat and walked over to Rei’s Grandfather. She waited as he lifted his face from his hands and looked up. Usagi smiled gently and crouched down in front of him. She reached out for his hand and held it in her own.

“Is she . . .” Usagi began to say, afraid of what the answer might be as she placed her other hand on his shoulder.

Rei’s Grandfather shook his head, too choked with grief and sadness to answer. A few brief moments passed between them until Usagi Tsukino stood up and opened her arms to him. The old Shinto Priest looked up for moment before accepting her embrace. She enfolded his shuddering body as the old shrine priest wept for his granddaughter. Usagi looked Ami Mizuno in the eye with steel determine look in her eye that she would find out what actually happened at the Hikawa shrine at any cost.

Ami caught the iron resolve in Usagi’s stare. She instantly knew what she had to do and politely departed through the infirmary door. Underneath her arm was her mercurial supercomputer and transformation henshin pen in her hand. Makoto spared a brief glance at her friend Minako before getting up and followed Ami through the infirmary doors. It was dangerous for anyone to be working alone now. Minako stayed behind and rose to her feet. She turned and walking towards the pair, uncertain what to say or do.

Usagi Tsukino and Rei’s Grandfather stood locked together for several minutes as the old Shinto priest allowed the frustration and sadness to wash through. Usagi held him, understanding his need to let out his feeling. When he had finally finished, she took out a small handkerchief from her pocket and offer it to him. Usagi took a slight step back as the old man took a deep, cleansing breath. She smiled weakly at him and straightened her shoulders and twin pigtails.

“Thank you dear, you are such an angel. You are one of the few friends that my daughter had. You were always there for her when she needed it and although she is a little stubborn at times. I’m sure that she felt the same way,” the old priest said wistfully. He was about to turn to leave when he stopped, he felt the need that he should say something more to Usagi.

“The physician and doctors says that her condition is now stable, she currently unconscious and would probably remain that way for several day. She sustained severe injuries and internal bleeding, who ever done this to my sweet granddaughter must be some monster!” Usagi could see his fragile hands tightening into a fist and slightly shaking in rage. “That’s all I know right now, please stay here until she wakes up,” he said almost pleading tone.

Usagi nodded silently.

Rei’s Grandfather sighed heavily and turned around, walking towards his seat where Yuuichirou was sat, his face in his hands, clearly frustrated and angry. Usagi smiled weakly but deep down she silently vowed that she would find those who were responsible and punish them in the name of Justice and . . . revenge.

“Usagi, I . . .” Minako’s voice was heard as she turned around to face her blond friend. Minako was startled slightly by the iron cold resolve in her eyes.

“I should have been there for her,” she said under her breath, she was determine that she wouldn’t cry, not here, not now for the sake of Rei.

“I . . . I . . . don’t really know what I should do, I wasn’t there when she needed . . .” Usagi bowed her head down, her chin resting against her chest. Her mood darkening as she avoids eye contact.

Minako took a step forward and held her by the shoulder, resisting the urge to slap her across her face.

“There was nothing that you could have done! Don’t beat yourself up over this, we will find out what happened and Rei will make a full recovery!” Minako consoled her and started shaking her shoulders slightly to snap her out of it.

Usagi took a moment to regain her composure and took a deep cleansing breath. She looked up at her friend and nodded.

“Yes, you are right, thanks,” Usagi said and was immediately receiving a heart warming hug from Minako which she accepted gladly.

“Don’t worry, you aren’t alone in this. We will punish those who are responsible and show no mercy in dealing out our justice,” Minako whispered soothingly in Usagi’s ear. Usagi nodded softly. She needed to be strong not just for her or her friends but to Rei. She looked blankly ahead which her blue eyes began to taken on a harden look, a dangerous glint in her right eye.

‘If you are in anyway involved in hurting Rei, I WILL kill you myself,’ she thought darkly.

XXX

Location: Japan, Okayama Region . . .

“Can you hear me? Come on, Cypher, answer me!” Ranma Saotome said as he was trying to contact his friend via the teleportation homing device.

Although he didn’t fully understand how the actual device worked, he was convinced he could raise him on this device. He decided against giving the device to Washu, just in case she decided to add some ‘modifications’. So far, he only managed to pick up random static or nothing at all. Ranma simply sighed at his lack of success. Deciding to take a break, Ranma placed the complicated device beside him as he gazed across the beautiful scenery in front of him. It was a warm hazy afternoon at the Masaki residence, much different to the scenes of destruction and devastations he witnessed in Nerima and Juuban. Blinking away from the images, Ranma clasped his hands together behind his head and leaned lazily against a large oak tree he was sitting under, taking the time to relax a bit. He was currently a stone throw away from the Masaki residence.

It was unofficially his favourite place to either mediate or just simply to gather his thoughts together in peace without interruption. Here, in this spot, the scenery was of a peaceful and serene picturesque environment. It was unlike the constant carnage and chaos when he was in Nerima. His official favourite hangout was in Nerima, underneath the footbridge near the school he attended. As he was going to be spending a lot more time here, he was beginning to rethink about his number one hangout. It was clearly going to take second place.

The utter quietness and natural woodland environment reminded him of the lonely wilderness when he was in China. The natural atmosphere helped him with his concentration and to relax his guard after a hard day training which he rarely does considering his chaotic life. Most importantly to him, it was the exact same sport where he first encountered the divine Goddess, Tsunami Jurai and secretly, he had hoped that he would be given the chance to see her again if he waited long enough as he began to reminisce over the memorable encounter . . .

Flashback . . .

Ranko was soaking wet as she quickly tipped the glass of hot water over her head after falling face first into the lake. It only took a split second or so for the transformation to turn her into a he. The pigtailed martial artist looked up at the shimmering being standing or floating in front of him and bowed respectfully whilst ensuring that he managed to show off one of his confident trademark smirks.

“Thanks,” he said and began to introduce himself. “I’m Ranma Saotome.”

The celestial being returned the friendly smile with her own as she floated a little bit closer towards him with her arms out in a friendly non-threatening gesture.

“I know, you already said that to me earlier,” she said and notices that he was waiting for a response from her.

“I am Tsunami Jurai,” she said with a soft smile.

End of Flashback . . .

Ranma stared up at the sky and grinned, it was the first time he met a Goddess in person who a. didn’t want him dead and b. to be married against his will. Here was a being that he actually felt comfortable to be with which after introducing themselves they had a nice chat about anything they could think of. Throughout the conversation, he didn’t feel the need to get the hell out of here like he normally did nor prepare himself for battle like he did when he encountered divine beings or immortals.

Ranma then started to reminisce about the second time he met Tsunami when he was somehow transported to that weird celestial plane of existence. It was at this place he encountered the rather friendly Moon Cat, Master Felix Acarya Ramirez or Felix as liked to be known as. He was then introduced to beautiful Queen Serenity and the Emperor of the Imperium. Now that he thought about it, the Emperor told him his true name, just referring himself as the Emperor which was kinda odd, Ranma wondered. He also got to meet a couple of powerful warriors or Primarchs as they are commonly known in their world.

Ranma winched when remember the stern lesson in honour and trust by Lion El Jonson, Primarch of the Dark Angels, he wouldn’t forget that lesion in a hurry and somehow managed to learn more about the swordplay techniques than he could in five years. Something must had happened which he didn’t notice during his meeting with Jonson. Ranma shook his head as he remembered the brief moment he shared with Tsunami afterwards. He couldn’t describe the feeling exactly, it was more like a feeling of soothing warmth and gentleness or like the refreshing breeze after a hard downpour of rain.

Ranma shook his head again to clear his head. He slowly rose to his feet, walked along the bank of the lake and picked out a smooth flat stone and with one quick flick of the wrist, he threw the stone. Ranma watched as the stone skipped across the water, circles of ripples appeared as it landed. The stone continued on a few times before disappearing underneath the darkness of the lake. Ranma sighed and began to reflect on the events of the past few hours when he was with Ryoga Hibiki and Tenchi Masaki as they walked back from the carrot field to the Masaki Residence.

Flashback . . .

“Somehow Cypher managed to trick us into stepping onto the teleportation platform and, the next thing we knew, we ended up in the field with you rushing towards us,” Ranma said as he concluded the series of events that led them here.

Tenchi nodded, trusting Ranma’s word completely.

“Yeah, it was quite a shock to me. You almost scared the living hell out of me when those blue and white lightning arcs appeared out of nowhere.” Tenchi commented.

Ranma chuckled quietly. “Sorry about that, I didn’t mean to . . .”

Tenchi waved a dismissive hand as they continued walking.

“Forget about it, no one was hurt. I’m just glad to see you back in one piece, Ranma.” Tenchi then looked over his shoulder.

“Hey, Ryoga, how are you holding up back there?” Tenchi asked him as he had been awfully quiet behind them.

“Huh?” Ryoga replied, snapping himself out of his quiet demeanour. “What did you say?” he said, not hearing him the first time.

“I said how are you holding up back there?” Tenchi repeated his question.

“Are you still with us?” Tenchi joked in light humour.

“Bite me, Tenchi!” Ryoga replied harshly followed with a piecing glare.

Tenchi was slightly taken back by Ryoga’s response and wondered what he had done to offend him. He was about to apologise until he felt someone tapping on his right shoulder. Tenchi turned his attention with an inquisitive look to his friend.

“Don’t worry about him, you done nothing wrong,” Ranma said in an assuring tone of voice.

“But . . .” Tenchi started to say but was halted as Ranma shook his head.

“He has been in that brooding mood ever since Cypher whipped his butt. He doesn’t really man it so don’t take it personally.” Ranma explained and tapping his chin to ponder for a moment. “I think he been itching for a rematch. I don’t think he will stop until he had become victorious.”

Ranma then started to chuckle lightly.

“And what is so funny?” Tenchi asked, slightly puzzled and curious at the same time.

“It nothing really, just a familiar feeling of déjà vu back when me and Ryoga were at that all boys’ school,” Ranma explained and took the opportunity to look over his shoulder.

“Hey Ryoga, for the sanity and the peace of mind of everyone, just let it go,” Ranma said in an amusing tone of voice.

“Shut up, Ranma, it has nothing to do with you this time!” Ryoga snapped.

Ranma shook his head and sighed when he notice Ryoga sulking even deeper.

“There is no helping that guy,” Ranma muttered under his breath.

Tenchi nodded completely in agreement. It was at that point he realise that they were all standing in front of the main entrance of the Masaki Residence.

“We’re here,” Tenchi announced. “I think that everyone here will be please to see the both of you,” Tenchi smiled as pushed back the front gate and took a step back.

Ranma nodded. He couldn’t help but smile broadly as this was the first time that he genuinely felt welcomed into someone’s home. Back in Nerima, he couldn’t help shake off that feeling that he was intruding and that he shouldn’t be here. There something in the general ambience of the Tendo household that just wasn’t right. There was so much sadness . . . but also much anger and rage and it was not definitely coming from Akane Tendo like most people had assumed. Ranma snapped himself out of his current stupor when he saw someone coming out the Masaki household. His smile grew as he was both happy and relieved to see her well since the terrible events in Nerima. Ranma knew instantly who it was that came out of the hose. She was wearing a very simple but beautiful long blue sleeve kimono.

Tenchi brush past Ranma towards to greet her. Ranma smile turned into a smirk when he noticed something in the brief jovial exchange. Obviously something had happened while he was away between those two and they seemed even closer than before. Ranma quickly looked over his shoulder and notice that Ryoga was nowhere in sight. Ranma shook his head at his disappearance, he probably hadn’t gone too far, might even turned up later when he least expected it. Ranma then quickened his pace toward the couple.

“Ah, Lord Tenchi, you finally back from your daily chores, early than expected. I have already taken the liberty of drawing you a hot bath and . . .” It was at that point she noticed the person standing next to Tenchi. She tried to hide her surprise beneath her demure but Ranma saw it clearly.

“Lord Ranma Saotome, you finally arrived, it’s good to see you again. It’s has been so long since we have seen you. Everyone here will be pleased,” she said smiling and bowed respectfully with her palms of her hands together.

“Princess Ayeka . . .” Ranma bowed in an ancient and traditional Jurai gesture of welcoming along with a few selected words.

Awhile back, Ranma had remembered something from his conversation with Tsunami about an ancient customary when meeting members of the Juraian Royal Family and she had asked of him to perform this simple act to Ayeka the next time he saw her. Ayeka’s reaction was simply priceless.

Tenchi had a amuse look on his face when he witness Ranma’s performance in front of Ayeka. He just wished he bought his camera phone with him. Ryoko would probably pay a good price just to see it.

“Ah, well . . .” Ayeka was left speechless as she racked her brain for a suitable reply.

Tenchi leaned and whispered into Ranma’s ear. He just wanted to learn what on earth made him do such a thing. Ranma’s response was simply a shrug followed with his trademark smirk. Tenchi rolled his eyes up, doubting that he would get an answer from him and lightly tapped on Ayeka’s shoulder before entering the Masaki household, leaving her and Ranma outside on the porch.

“Err . . . ahem,” Ayeka coughed in her closed hand. She looked Ranma straight in the eye and responded with a suitable answer.

Ranma smiled and bowed respectfully. “Princess Ayeka, would you mind if you would just call me Ranma. I would appreciate very much as we not strangers.”

Ayeka frowned slightly at Ranma’s request. She reluctantly accepted his request as her expression change into a friendly smile and a nodded of acknowledgement.

“Very well, Ranma . . . on one condition,” she said.

“Err . . . sure, go ahead,” Ranma said. He was hoping it wasn’t some weird or impossible request.

“Your request will be accepted as long as . . .” Ayeka paused.

Ranma resisted the urge to wince as he saw her take a sharp intake.

“As long as you do the same request for me,” Ayeka said. “Yes, you are right we are not strangers and although we have known each other for a short period of time. I have learnt to trust and respect you. Tenchi places his trust in you and I will do the same, Ranma,” Ayeka stated formally.

Ranma blinked. “Is that it?”

He had been expecting something more . . .

Ayeka smiled and nodded. “That’s it.”

Ranma smiled and nodded. “That’s be just fine, Ayeka.”

Ayeka took a small sidestep and gestured for Ranma to follow her into the household, welcoming him in. Ranma complied and entered into the household, taking off his slippers and continued through to the main lounge area.

“So where is Sasami?” Ranma casually as he hadn’t notice her presence anywhere.

“Oh, my sister . . . she out shopping with Ry-Ohki,” Ayeka answered. “I’m sure she would be here to welcome you if she knew that you would be arriving today.”

Ranma knew instantly that she was making excuses for her not being here. Her slight hesitation in her voice and in her body language told him what he needed to know. He also felt that he was being watch since he stepped into the Masaki compound and looked up at the top of the stairway. He could have sworn there was someone there watching him.

“Is something, Lord Ra . . . err . . . Ranma?” Ayeka asked as she corrected herself. She noticed that Ranma was awfully quiet.

“Huh . . . oh, it’s nothing,” Ranma answered calmly. Ayeka wasn’t fully convinced by his answer. She could sense there was something bothering him and could fairly guess what it could be or more specifically who it could be. She decided that it would best for not to pursue it further and opted for another topic to talk about.

“I see, anyway you rooms are prepared,” Ayeka said, feinting ignorance.

“Err . . . my room?” Ranma turned around with a surprised look.

“Yes, for you, Cypher and err . . . Ryoga. Individual rooms have already been prepared.” Ayeka replied and tilted her head slightly. “Is there something wrong?”

“Hmm . . . the last time I was here, there was barely enough room for me and Cypher we had to share,” Ranma said as a matter of fact.

Ayeka smiled, amused at Ranma’s behaviour. “Oh, don’t be so concern. Miss Washu has already installed a couple of extra sub dimensional rooms without having to expand the current layout of the household exterior.”

“I do hope you will be staying with us. You are most welcome here. I think that Lord Tenchi and my sister will appreciate it greatly if you do.”

The last sentence clinched the deal for Ranma.

“Sure, why not,” Ranma replied with a nod. A smirk appeared when he saw Ayeka’s expression changed. She was smiling and seemed relieved like a heavyweight off her shoulders was lifted. “I promise I won’t be a burden to you.”

“Thank you,” she said gracefully

“Err . . . for what?” Ranma said in confused tone. In his mind there wasn’t anything she would be thankful for.

Ayeka didn’t answer as she turned and walked away, leaving Ranma more confused than before.

‘Hmm . . . what did I just agree to?’ Ranma thought mentally.
.
End of Flashback . . .

Ranma blinked away the reminisce memory and stared up at the cloudless midnight sky. He happened to notice the bright stars glittering as they appeared, lighting up the midnight sky backdrop. He could see in the corner of his eye large dark clouds forming and flecking the sky in the east which gave the slight possibility of heavy rain. Ranma silently hoped it wouldn’t happen as it was the last thing he needed now was to transform into his cursed form. Ranma grinned when he suddenly realised that it must have been the longest period of time, probably setting an all time personal best without being drenched or accidentally splash with cold water. Then again, it might be because his luck was holding up until now and the next splash was just round the next corner. Shaking the thought away Ranma focused his attention onto something else.

Looking up at the sky, he notice something moving across the sky which was moving significantly faster than he expected and wondered if it was maybe just a star or the Blood Angels Battle Barge, either way, it made Ranma start to consider some of the issues that he hadn’t really put serious thought into. In particular, he started to rethink his decision over Lord Sanguinius’ proposal to leave all the troubles that had plagued his whole life by leaving Earth and joining him in order to fulfil his ‘destiny’. Well, that what he could understand from Sanguinius anyway. Although he had initially refused his offer, he was beginning to think about it. In all honesty, Ranma didn’t ever expected or consider leaving Nerima, let alone the planet but the series of events has caused him to do some serious thinking about his life and what he really wanted to do with it.

He tried to justify his initial decision back then on a rational basis, weighting the pros and cons. He realised that perhaps his decision acted on impulse rather than putting serious thought into it. He guessed than his mouth was working way ahead of his mind when he said that to Sanguinius.

There was nothing left for him in Nerima even the Tendo-Saotome engagement was not enough for him stay, once that official word was out about the natural of the arrangement. Ranma had hoped he could still be friends with Akane Tendo but somehow that was going to be more trouble than it was worth with her constant mistrust in him. She actually believed that he would cheat on her or run off with some girl never realising how much Ranma held his honour over anything else. Her constant accusations were beginning to grate on his nerves and his sanity. Although he wasn’t perfect in a personality sense, Ranma tried his damn best to make it work but there was something about her or perhaps himself that kept them apart. The importance of mutual understanding was a vital key factor in any relationship if it was going to be happy and lasting one, and they certainly didn’t have any of that. The constant bickering, insulting and Akane dishing out punishment certainly didn’t help the relationship between them.

Ranma wondered . . . no . . . knew that if he wasn’t a so called Primarch, he would probably be dead a week later. The indication of a coffee table smacked on his head was clear sign of the things to come during the first initial meeting with Soun Tendo and his three daughters. Perhaps things might have gone differently if he was engaged to . . . suddenly a rustling of leaves drew Ranma’s attention from his thoughts and looked over his shoulders. Waiting for a few moments, Ranma realised that it was perhaps nothing but the wind as he couldn’t sense an aura signature anywhere. Ranma berated himself slightly for being paranoid as his thoughts turned towards his childhood friend.

His childhood friend Ukyo Kounji was still missing which was beginning to worry him as he was missing her quite a lot. He admitted he hadn’t treated her with the same respect and attention to her she deserved. She was always there for him when he needed someone to talk to or in some days pour out his frustration and problems onto without being judged or accused. The marriage agreement with Ukyo’s father and Genma Saotome which he honestly didn’t know about until it was literally dropped on him when she turned up one day at his school. Although with hindsight he should have picked up on the clear signs that Ukyo was actually a girl from the moment he met her. Things likes she wouldn’t go bathing or change together with him after a rough and tumble fight should have rung bells in his mind. Believe it or not, Ranma actually thought she was a boy . . . that opinion changed when he accidentally saw her in the local bath house . . . damn that Happosai!

‘Damn you Genma . . . what didn’t you tell me about it earlier,’ Ranma thought bitterly as he dredge up painful memories when Ukyo finally caught up with him in Nerima.

Ranma managed to control his temper as a small smile reappeared when he remember the way he managed to diffuse the situation her, turning a potential enemy to a close personal friend but nothing more. It seemed that Ukyo was pinning her hopes on something more. Ranma was actually glad he managed to somehow avoid saying something to her that would have bought on more trouble than it was worth, like blurting out that she was cute or something daft, instead what he said to her was . . . Ranma immediately broke his trail of thoughts when he suddenly heard the sound of a twig snapping and this time he definitely sensed something. Without breaking sweat, Ranma leapt to his feet to a loose defensive stance as he spun around to face whoever it was.

“Whoever is out there, show yourself!” Ranma warned. It wasn’t everyday that someone would be able to close to him without being detected.

There was a silent pause.

“A bit touchy, aren’t you these days, Ranma,” a familiar voice was head. Amusement clearly in the tone of the voice as the person stepped out of the forest undergrowth.

Ranma took a good look at the person before loosing his stance. He started to scratch the back of his head in a mixture of embarrassment and relief.

“Well, can you blame me with all we been through, eh, Ryoga?” Ranma said.

Ryoga simply shrugged his shoulders rather than comment.

“So what brings you here? You aren’t lost are you?” Ranma inquired.

Ryoga shook his head. “Nope, it’s getting dark and everyone is worried about you.”

“Including you?” Ranma teased.

“Shut up,” Ryoga growled and spun around and stomped off in the general direction of the Masaki residence.

Ranma blinked, wondering for second or so what just happened before dismissing the thought as started to follow him. As soon as he caught up with Ryoga, he began to walk at a gentle pace beside him. There was a moment of silence between them, neither one of them in a chatting mood.

“You’re getting better at hiding your presence, Ryoga,” Ranma commented.

Ryoga didn’t answer or gave the indication he was interested.

“Learnt a new technique or found a new training manual on your travels?” Ranma inquired but still didn’t get a reply.

Another moment of silence passed.

“Oh come on, Ryoga. You weren’t that good in hiding your aura. I could sense you coming a mile off,” Ranma said, trying to act cool and composed.

“Fight me, and if you beat me. I tell you what I know,” Ryoga stopped and grinned evilly at him.

Ranma grinned but deep down sighed inwards. He looked him straight in the eye and saw the telling glint in his eye he was serious about the challenge.

“When and where?” Ranma asked, sensing a bit of déjà vu for the second time.

‘Why do I have the strangest feeling I am falling into some sort of ploy?’ wondered Ranma silently.

“It has better be somewhere nearby and easy to reach without you getting lost,” Ranma added as he remember a distant memory when they were young and at that all boys school.

It took almost of Ryoga’s willpower and restraint to keep up his smirk without frowning or punching his lights out at that sly comment.

“Early morning at the open clearing near the Masaki Shrine ground, the old man has given me permission to do some training for some apparent reason. Anyway are you up for it or not?”

Ranma nodded. “Yeah, of course I’m in.”

‘Also I need to know how good Ryoga is if what he said is true,’ Ranma thought when he recalled the last words said to him when he was spirited away from the eternal planes.

“Good,” Ryoga grinned, revealing his significantly long canine teeth.

‘This time I will beat you,’ Ryoga thought.

As they were about to enter the Masaki compound, Ranma could smell something good being cooked up. Perhaps Sasami’s cooking would lighten up his spirits and most importantly he hope he would be able to talk to her. Ever since his return at the Masaki residence, Sasami had been avoiding him at every opportunity, and when he managed to get her attention to speak to her. She would make some excuse like she was busy before rushing off before he had the chance to say a word. Ranma rubbed his forehead in wonder if it was something he had said to her to put her off or something.

It was at that point that Ranma realise he was standing in front of the entrance of the Masaki residence. Ryoga had already entered. Ranma promptly took off his shoes and placed them on the appropriate rack and entered, little realising he was being watched by a small furry Cabbit. Her large amber eyes watched him for quite some time now from behind a large tree.

“Miya?” the Cabbit said and looked promptly look up to a blue haired girl.

“Yes, Ry-Ohki, I know,” she replied softly.

Her pinkish eyes express a mixture of longing and confusion. She had thought that her feeling for him would simply pass and she would be able get over it where thing would resume back to normal. She admitted she had habit of latching on people who had been kind to her like Tenchi and Ryoko. Yet this feeling was different and now that Ranma had returned, her feeling for him grew stronger since then. Sasami started to fidget nervously with her carrot pattern apron, form what she heard about him, he had many beautiful girls chasing him all over the place. How could see compare to them. She was nervous and afraid of what he might say if she asked him that ‘question’ would he accept her for who she was and what she will become as she grew older or would he be too freaked out by the fact and leave her forever. The last thing she really didn’t want to happen is for him to consider her as a little sister.

Sasami was beginning to grow out of her cute and childish phase and had even consider getting rid of her long twin ponytail hairstyle, opting for a simple ponytail. She was mature, sensible and affectionate and a damn good cook. There was one problem that she could think which might prove problematic if she was to fully pursue him. It wasn’t her eventual assimilation with Tsunami; it was her physical age appearance which gave Sasami an outlook of a fourteen ear old girl. Although her real mental age was close to seven hundred and twenty years, her appearance would make ‘him’ very uncomfortable due to society trends and perhaps would make him unable to accept her for that very reason.

“Miya Meow?” the Cabbit said in a slightly longer tone.

“It’s too early, I just can’t speak to him right now,” she answered in a hesitant voice.

“Miya,” Ry-Ohki said.

Sasami didn’t reply or acknowledge that she heard as she headed back into the household via the rear entrance.

“Miya,” Ry-Ohki said in a confused tone.

Ry-Ohki stared at her friend. She knew that Sasami was too nervous and afraid to meet Ranma for a good old fashion heart to heart talk. A devious cunning plan started to form in Ry-Ohki mind which she would hopefully implement tomorrow with Sasami knowing but right now . . . the smell of steamed carrot stew and carrot cake from the kitchen was overwhelming, drawing her like a moth to a candle flame.

Meanwhile Washu immediately stopped typing her invisible supercomputer keyboard and looked up. She smiled as her strong telepathic bond with Ry-Okhi, similar to the bond she shared with her daughter told her of Ry-Ohki plan. She understood everything and vice versa to a certain degree.

Washu laughed and grinned in the same fashion as a mad doctor would do when his experiment had succeeded.

“Simple and wicked to execute, good plan,” she whisper to no one before resuming back to her work.

XXX

Location: High Orbit around Earth . . .

Blood Angels Battle Barge ‘Angel of Death’

The Angel of Death was the finest battleship to have ever been constructed in the orbital shipyards of Baal. It was a heavily modified version of the fearsome Battle Barge of Adeptus Astartes and served as the flagship of the Blood Angels and Sanguinius command vessel. Modifications to its initial design such as enlarged drop pods bay, heavily reinforced armour plating in crucial sections plus additional servitors manned turrets and void shield generators.

The wide flight deck was a hive activity. The murmuring of Adeptus Mechanicus trained Techmarines and specialist resonated off the high gantries amongst the chatter of rivet guns and clanks of the chains of the ordinance loaders. Welding torches sparked bright blue white in the repair bay. Red power armour Space Marines patrolled up and down the deck, keeping a watchful eye on practically everything whilst human Tech Adepts and mindless servitors crawled between massive Thunderhawk Gunships, attending and repairing battle damage sustained whilst loading new ordnance. Everyone had a specific job to do at a high level of performance and efficiency, operating like a will oiled machine.

The giant Lord Admiral Tabris watched everything down on the flight deck below with a sense of satisfaction. It was rare nowadays for him to venture here were the heart of all planetary assaults would take place as he presence was required on the command bridge. He cast his gaze around him, looking at the bulky shapes of the Thunderhawk Assault Crafts and Gunships in the launching alcoves on the far side of the flight hanger or the large triangular shaped drop pods used for orbital insertion in tempered hot zones or simply known as Deep Strike. Tabris attention perked when he heard the wailing warning sounds and flashing yellow beacons of amber and red light indicating of a launch. Tabris suspicions were confirmed when he heard the familiar roaring blast of thrusters ringing in his ear and turned towards the source of the sound. He just managed to catch a sharp glimpse of a Thunderhawk Gunship in one of the launch bays. With another roar from its thrusters, the assault craft was gone.

Tabris knew who it was onboard the craft as it was one of the two Thunderhawk Gunships scheduled to leave today which was personally clear through him. Brother Captain Garus of the Honour Guard on a diplomatic mission to China was the reason sated in his logbooks but he had a feeling that there was more to it than meets the eye. With a short sigh, Tabris turned around and headed towards the operation deck located on the far side of port side hanger deck. He looked slightly to his left to see the scheduled Thunderhawk being prepared with sacred oils applied to its armoured hull by dedicated and devoted Tech Priests.

“Hmm . . .” Tabris rubbed his chin as he wasn’t sure about this. Sanguinius going out alone on the planet surface to meet him wasn’t a sensible idea and without escort in a tactical sense.

‘What was he to gain from this? He has already refused his offer so what else could he offer?” Tabris thought seriously, something about the whole situation gave him a feeling of unease.

Lord Sanguinius wasn’t one of those people would on impulse or without rational thought. The great winged Angel Primarch was one of those people that made the Imperium great. He was decisive, confident, dedicated and had absolute faith in the all mighty God Emperor of Man. He was a living legend in his own right. His devotion and faith to the Emperor was unquestionable. He was one of the eight Primarchs that resisted the temptation and corruption of Chaos. Sanguinius had fought against their traitorous brothers alongside the Emperor knowing the dire situation until the very end. Tabris thoughts were on Sanguinius as he tried to piece together everything as best as he could. He wanted to be sure that he understood Sanguinius motives so that he could do his best to achieve his Lord’s ambition and wishes.

Tabris realised he was standing outside the elevator that led up into the operation deck now and stepped into the small chamber. Inside, a hardwired servitor was stationed inside the tiny booth.

“Bridge Tier, Level three, Forward Observation Deck,” Tabris said with commanding authority in his tone of voice.

The soulless servitor obeyed without question or delay and slammed the grating shut of the elevator. Tabris could feel the momentum shift inside the booth as the elevator swiftly ascending smoothly.

‘Ranma Saotome,’ Tabris thoughts shifted towards the young man that accompanies Lord Sanguinius. Ranma did not have the powerful commanding presence or the inspiring battle aura that made Sanguinius, a powerful force to be reckoned with.

Tabris wasn’t sure if Ranma was either simply hiding his powers from view or that he didn’t have any powers to speak of. It would have made this arduous journey through dimension, a complete waste of time and resource which could have been best served destroy the vile enemies of Mankind. His thoughts were about to turned toward the other person that came aboard his ship when there was a sudden interruption when the lifter reached its designated deck.

“Designated Level Reached, Admiral Tabris,” the servitor said in a slow monotonous voice from its digital voice box.

The servitor pulled back the door as the Admiral stepped out. Tabris looked ahead and marched towards the double doors leading to the operation deck and nodded to the two armed Space Marine sentries standing guard.

“Security Check,” a Space Marine announced.

Tabris knew the procedures for this and stood still as a small panel above the doorway slid open and a brass plated servo skull appeared and hovered towards Tabris. Attracted to the side of its skull was a powerful needle gun.

Tabris stood absolutely still as the servo skull approached within a few inches from his head. A cylindrical device slung beneath its perpetual grinning jaw as a red light swept across and over Tabris’ head, bathing him in eerie red light. A moment passed as the servo skull beam of red light suddenly switched to a green light. The hovering skull retreated back from where it appeared from, the panel sliding back behind it. Seeing that Tabris has passed the security ordeal, one of the Space Marine turned and activated the communicator panel on the wall behind him, announcing Lord Admiral was here. There was an affirmative and several second later, the armoured plating seals were retracted followed by the double doors swung back with a hiss of hidden pistons. The two Space Marine guards parted and saluted by placing their clenched fist across their chest as Tabris stepped through.

A blue glow filled the operations bridge of the Adeptus Astartes battle barge. Tech adepts were operating silently in the shadows, taking on the menial work that was required. Hooded servitors sat immobile before their consoles, insulated bundles of cables snaking from their backs of their robes to sockets in the grilled floors. Tabris felt the air was cooler due to silent efficient recycling units keeping the atmosphere at the correct temperature.

In the middle of operations deck stood Lord Sanguinius of the Blood Angels.

Tabris coughed in his hand before approaching the Primarch with one arm behind his back. He looked to his left and studied a large hololithic image of a large detailed region of the designated war zone. The hololithic map was constantly changed as grainy static washing through the image every second. Reconnaissance and tactical information was being received from numerous sources which were then fed into the main display. Coloured triangle markers appeared across the rippling green representation of the landscape. Tabris mentally took notes on the information being shown for future reference.

Just then a Space Marine Officer approached Tabris and silently passed to him a data slate. Tabris looked at it for a few moments before looking up at the main view screen that Sanguinius was observing which dominated the centre of the deck, six metres high, twice as long. Tabris raised an eyebrow in curiosity, according to the Mechanicus Adepts reports from the surveyors and logistic servitors, the coordinates keyed in by Cypher was traced as planned and there nothing with that.

What really perked his interest was a large area directly northwest of the teleporting position. The terrain was consisted of woodland forests and agricultural fields but according to the data slate, there seemed to be a large estate protected by what seemed to be a hidden disruption or magnetic field ruling out any sort of teleportation methods. This conflicted with other reports by technology development level report on the overall planet stating that they shouldn’t have any such technology as advance or as sophisticated.

‘Interesting indeed, perhaps a relic of dark technology or reversed engineered alien artefact?’ Tabris thought and looked down at the data slate.

According to orbital mapping near the end of the slate, there were no signs of any missile or batteries around to threaten a low level Thunderhawk Gunship approach, Tabris thought. An air of caution was required he mentally added.

“Gather as much as you can and report back to me within the next hour,” Tabris ordered and handed it back to the Space Marine officer.

“Admiral Tabris,” Sanguinius called out, attracting Tabris attention immediately.

“My Lord,” he said, standing directly behind him.

“How are things going?” Sanguinius inquired.

“Everything is as it should be, smoothly and exactly as I planned, my Lord. Your transportation will be complete as soon as the rite of awakening of the machine spirit has been completed.” Tabris replied and it was at that moment that he happened to notice someone else that he need to directly aware of.

“He speaks the truth, there is no deceit or hesitation,” the voice said as he stepped out from behind one of the main monitoring stations.

Sanguinius almost grinned and nodded directly towards the heavily robed Space Marine. Tabris knew who he was and was he was fully capable of just by the mere glimpse of his armour and significant runes marking on his power armour. He was one of the most powerful Librarians under Sanguinius’ command.

“I already know, Brother Calistarius with or without your counsel.” Sanguinius said and gave a nod towards Tabris.

Tabris stood in silence behind the winged Primarch, knowing that it was best to wait rather than ask. The Admiral ignored everything around him for a moment until a Space Marine lieutenant came up towards him and handed him a data stale. Tabris quickly scanned the stale and nodded to the lieutenant that he would handle it from here. The lieutenant saluted and went back to his work station.

Meanwhile Chief Librarian Calistarius was standing motionless like a stone stature near the monitoring station. Tabris couldn’t tell if his piecing gaze focused directly at him or that his mind was concentrating on something else. It didn’t bother Tabris as he wasn’t easily cowed and waited. Just then Sanguinius moved aside from the map and view screen, turning his attention to men standing before him. Tabris spared a second glance out from the corner of his eye at the Librarian before snapping his attention directly when he heard Sanguinius start to speak.

“You have your doubts, don’t you Brother Tabris,” Sanguinius said, fixing his gaze at the veteran Space Marine.

Tabris nodded, “Sire, there are some key issues that require some clarification about our mission objectives and . . .”

“In due time, Brother Tabris,” Sanguinius said abruptly. “Do you have the post mission reports?”

Tabris took a split second to regain his composure before looking up at the winged Primarch. He nodded slightly and step forward; handling him the data slate that the lieutenant has given him.

Sanguinius scanned the slate with a critical eye. “Is everything in here?” he inquired.

“Not, everything, sire,” Tabris admitted and spare a glance towards Calistarius before continuing. He was slight feeling that he was under some sort of interrogation with the Chief Librarian present especially with the numerous rumours and myths about their powers and what they are capable of.

“We have the numbers, but apart from that, nothing concrete to base anything on. They don’t tell me why the taint of chaos has decided to settle on this world or why they are here. Our numbers are strong and we have the resources to operate in the short run depending on our level of conventional engagement with our oldest enemies. Only the Emperor’s knows where we are, and without fresh replacement of initiates to replace our numbers, we will have critical problems in the long term.”

Tabris decided to voice out his concerns, he was unhappy that he was felt like he was being left out of the shadows. “We should be routing out the sources of Chaos down on the planet’s surface, the taint of Chaos has to expunge before it spreads further.”

Tabris coughed in his hand and continued on “This world is fortunate that we are not as eager as the Inquisition in routing out the traitors and those who have assorted with them. We are after all, Emperor’s Finest yet we do nothing along with many other issues.”

“And, you are not happy about this, Brother Tabris?” Sanguinius asked rather inquiring.

“No, sire, I’m not,” Tabris replied solemnly, looking back at Calistarius, his face impassive.

Sanguinius smiled. “Well then, everything is going as smoothly, exactly as I planned, I would say,” Sanguinius said and after a moment’s thought, he looked at his Chief Librarian. ‘Better than I have expected . . .’

Tabris raised an eyebrow. “Exactly as planned?” he repeated.

“Admiral Tabris, I find that your lack of faith in our Lord . . . unpleasant hearing,” a voice interrupted him.

Tabris turned and immediately fixes his attention at the interrupter.

“Chief Librarian Calistarius, you of all should know where my loyalty and faith lies.” Tabris paused as he shot him with a hard look. “My loyalty is with our Lord; my faith is with the Emperor of whom I serve, nothing more and nothing less. Is there anything else you want to say?”

Tabris knew full well that Calistarius would not speak unless he had something critical to add. He was a warrior full of wisdom and experience although he rarely speaks out during these conference meeting. When he does, everyone’s attention in the room was required.

“Your theories are merely speculations.”

Tabris raised an eyebrow. “How so Brother Calistarius?” he asked cautiously.

Calistarius closed his eyes for a moment before addressing the Admiral’s question.

“During the first confirm contact with our traitorous brothers on the field of battle, I sensed there was much more to this than first expected. I sensed there was a much darker motive behind their seemingly random attack on this world.” Calistarius paused.

“Go on, Chief Librarian,” Tabris said. Sanguinius remain silent as it was rare for the Chief Librarian to explain in detail of what he knew.

“Lord Sanguinius, Admiral Tabris, we must face the darkest truth,” said Calistarius. “I have studied the data sent to me concerning this theatre of operation. The confirmation that the pawns have the full backing of the Ruinous Powers is clear evidence that the forces of Chaos are at full work here. Why? The answer is simple, to spread a taint.”

“A taint?” murmured Admiral Tabris, slowly understanding.

Sanguinius nodded to Calistarius to carry on.

“Before I continue, there is something you must understand that I will explain.” Calistarius stated.

Tabris and Sanguinius nodded in acknowledgement.

“Like ours, this space, it is always prone to warp storms even in this dimension but unlike our dimension, they do not have abnormal tear between the immaterial and the material universe that spans twenty thousand light years across which we know as simply the Eye of Terror. As you all know, the Eye of Terror is a naturally occurring warp storm where frequent storms engulf worlds for days, months, years or perhaps even years. At the heart of the Eye of Terror lies the area of warp and real space, a vast, open wound upon the fabric of reality constantly weeping filth and corruption. The powers within the Empyrean have direct influences within the Eye, making it a region where the laws of physics hold no sway and worlds are shaped entirely on the whim of Ruinous powers.” Calistarius explained.

“Hmm . . . interesting but apart from one thing, our sensors have not reported anything remotely like the dread Eye of Terror.” Tabris interrupted him.

Calistarius raised his hand. “Let me finish before giving judgement.”

Tabris bowed slightly for the sudden interruption.

“As you know, the invasion on Nerima was short lived as few but the strongest servants of Chaos can exist for long at any distance from the twisted energies of the Warp and as you said, there isn’t anything remotely like the Eye of Terror in this dimension to sustain the immerse Ruinous daemonic legions of the Chaos Gods . . . except?”

“Death . . . the death of thousands of innocent victims can maintain the forces of Chaos and as records show, the price of maintaining the Daemonic Legions are always unimaginably high. In my experience usually the entire populations of several worlds are sacrificed to the ever hungry daemons of the Warp.”

“Chief Librarian Calistarius, there is only one world that is populated and able to sustain life, surely one world is not enough to feed the needs of the Daemonic Legion, am I correct?”

Calistarius nodded in agreement. “You are correct, Admiral, if this was simply a world inhabited by the servants of Mankind or just a human colony, the entire sacrifice of the entire population of this world simply would not satisfy the needs of the daemonic legion.”

Admiral Tabris was about to nod to Calistarius statement until something clicked in his mind.

“This isn’t a simply world, is it, Brother Calistarius,” Sanguinius said more in a statement than a comment.

Calistarius turned his gaze at the Blood Angels Primarch. Tabris raised an eyebrow.

“Unfortunately,” said Calistarius in an audible whisper before raising his tone. “My finding has revealed some startling and worrying issues which I am concerned about.”

“This is the first time in my experience to find an entire world’s population heavily saturated with potential psi talents and psykers. Ranging from simple telekinetic tricks to powerful individuals able to wield God like powers. Many are unaware that they possess such powers but there are those who have realised their powers gifted to them to do either great good or evil. Unfortunately the human societies that exist on this world are not able to recognise the tremendous contributions that they could offer, most are shunned or treated as outcast.” Calistarius paused to see if he hadn’t lost them.

“Yet to these lurking daemons of the warp, these are the most valued source which they feed and draw their dark energies from like a secondary source. It takes tremendous amounts of energy and power to call a daemon into the normal universe, and even then they are only able to stay for a brief period but with a psyker to feed upon, that brief period is extended to days perhaps months through possession.”

“Possession of a human or worse, a psyker enables a daemon to appear without the necessary hungry or dependences but also grants them an increase in their power to wield.” Sanguinius added.

“Hmm . . . I am beginning to understand now,” Tabris commented. “Do have any evidence of this?”

Calistarius nodded. “I do, I will present my evidence and finding as soon as my research have been completed and logged into the database.”

“The price is high, if the forces of Chaos were to control this world, there can be no doubt that the poison of the Warp set upon every single man, woman and child on a frenzied path of butchery and sacrifice on this world and everything on it. The combined death of so many potential psyker sacrificed to the powers of the Ruinous Powers will vastly increased by ten folds enabling them to launch their Daemonic Armies without fear or limitations . . .” Calistarius stated.

As Calistarius began to conclude his theory, Sanguinius was surprised his Chief Librarian was able to understand so much logically, his assumptions and theories were very good, better than he had expected but his conclusion was flawed. The Ruinous Powers would not simply sacrifice every living person on the planet just to supply their hungry daemonic legions . . . no, that was too straight forward and simple even by human logic. Sanguinius knew how to think out of the box, he knew it involved Ranma Saotome, how he was involved or what part did he play? He didn’t know but in his experience combined with the visions he has seen over past weeks told him that the Ruinous Powers needed to . . .

“Lord Sanguinius, do you agree?” Calistarius’ voice broke Sanguinius mental thought.

“Yes, your logic is sound, we must assume the worst,” Sanguinius replied without hesitation.

Sanguinius quickly glance at his two senior brothers. Calistarius face was unreadable; his stern expression gave no clue on what he was thinking at that moment. Admiral Tabris seemed convinced and accepted Calistarius reasoning and explanation.

“The taint of Chaos is a dangerous weapon in a population unaware of the dangers. We must be vigilant in rooting out the chaos but we also have to be careful in our approach.” Calistarius suggested.

Sanguinius nodded. “Remember this is Brother Ranma’s homeworld.”

“I understand,” Calistarius replied.

Silently a Space Marine officer came up beside the admiral and handed him a data slate. A few words were exchanged between them before he looked solemnly at the winged Primarch. The officer was dismissed and sent back to his station.

“Lord Sanguinius,” Tabris turned to address the Primarch. “The ritual has been completed by our Tech Priest. The exact coordinates have been keyed in, I have assigned one of best pilots, we have done all that we can, are you sure you want to go ahead with this?” he asked in concern voice.

“Thank You, Admiral Tabris. Your concern is heartening but unnecessary. It is something I must do personally,” Sanguinius answered.

“The meeting is over, Admiral Tabris; I will be leaving you in charge during my absence. Chief Librarian Calistarius, I leave it up to you on what you should do next.”

“Yes, Lord Sanguinius, Emperor praised,” Calistarius and Tabris bowed deeply as Sanguinius turned to leave.

As Sanguinius was about to brush past the Calistarius. The Chief Librarian whispered something that only the Blood Angels Primarch could pick up.

“Remember your duties and responsibilities . . . do not waste what the Emperor has given you,” he said quietly as he fixed his stern gaze directly ahead.

Sanguinius continue on without any indication that he had acknowledged his words of advice as the winged Primarch was stride towards the armoured shutters. Space Marine Honour Guards were present to escort him to the hanger bay.

Calistarius waited until he heard the distinctive sound of the armoured shutters closing. He then turned towards the general direction of the main tactical station where in the middle of it stood Admiral Tabris with his hands clasped behind his back. Calistarius paused as to wonder if Tabris knew more than he was letting on but dismissed the thought as quickly as it came as there no need for doubt or suspicion. Calistarius knew brother Tabris well, and like the rest of the battle brothers who have fought for the Emperor and Sanguinius for centuries. One should always remember that they were simply the instruments of the Emperor’s will.

The Emperor’s Finest, the Space Marines, nothing more, and nothing less. Calistarius repeatedly recited in his mind, he had to be stronger in faith and devotion more than any Space Marine if they were to escape . . .

Calistarius immediately dismissed the thought less it taints his soul.

XXX

Location: Japan, Okayama Region

Early Dawn . . . Just outside the Masaki Shrine ground . . .

Ryoga Hibiki rose up almost onto his toes, his moving slightly from side to side as he tense up. He took in a few sharp intakes of cool morning air. Closing his eyes momentarily and relaxed before tensing up again, ready to strike at any moment. He moved with precision as he remember the amount of training he had been previous been through, the amount of punishment his body took, months of training in the wilderness has honed in his acute senses, wrestling with massive beasts and living without the benefit of modern luxury or comforts that people took for granted. Hunting or gathering what he could just to survive. He didn’t dare tell anyone not even Ranma of what he actually did when he was gone. They assume that he just got lose like his family curse of the Hibiki . . .

“Are you ready Ryoga?”

In truth it was simply a lie or fabrication of the real reason that he was really at home with . . . the wilderness. He didn’t know why but he felt at ease when he alone with nature. No wonder he didn’t get on well at the schools he attended to. His senses were keener and sharper than before. He could see for tens of miles, hear the crack of a twig a mile away, and smell the musk trail of deer. He had grown strong beyond the imagining of a mortal man, able to uproot trees, lift huge boulders without straining himself, and run for days without rest or food. He was immune to the biting chill when he traveled through Alps or the unforgiving sun of the Sahara desert . . .

“Err . . . Ryoga?”

Yet, despite all his powerful abilities and strength were rendered useless just by a splash of cold water. Ryoga hated his curse more than anything. With just a splash of water, he would fall from a near invincible warrior of the ancient to just a simple little pig waiting to be served up on a roasting tray . . .

“Erm . . . are you listening to me, Ryoga?”

This was the main reason why he made Ranma swore on his honour not to reveal his curse to anyone. At least Ranma’s cursed form could defend himself. His cursed form could only just give someone a nasty bit. It has nothing to do with getting along with Akane . . . well maybe a little just to annoy Ranma like hell. So far Ranma had kept to his promise and he was eternally grateful for it. On the other hand he was still pissed off at Ranma for giving him this curse. What a conflict of interest he had in his hands . . .

“Earth to Ryoga, can you hear me!”

Today was the fighting he been waiting for. He was ready with every muscle in his body to go in any direction at a split second notice, to dodge or parry or to strike and to destroy . . .

“Möko Takabisha!”

Ryoga’s eyes flicker open as he saw a basketball sized Chi fireball heading straight for him. Without a second thought, Ryoga raised his arms up in guard stance and legs placed firmly apart into the ground as he absorbed the impact of the fireball full on.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR, RANMA, YOU IDIOT?” Ryoga exclaimed as the impact numbed his arms temporary.

“I was only trying to get your attention! You have been becoming increasingly absence minded, is something on your mind?” Ranma replied casually. His head cocked slightly to the side as he smirked confidently.

Ryoga gritted his teeth. “It’s none of your or anyone else’s business!”

Ranma raised his hands up in warding gesture. “Take it easy, no offense.”

Ryoga closed his eyes, taking in another sharp intake of air. He needed to be calm and collected, to unleash his rage and anger at the right moment of time.

“Ready, Ranma?” Ryoga asked in a deadly serious tone of voice.

Ryoga lifted his head and looked directly ahead of his opponent, Ranma Saotome, his friend and his bitter rival. He notice that around his neck hung two penchants on a silver chain which was unusual as Ranma would never wear anything without a reason as it would normally constrict his fighting potential.

‘This time I will win!’ Ryoga thought seriously. Ranma nodded and shook his arms loose and dropped into a fighting crouch, his fist raise before him.

“You seem confident today,” Ranma comment as he observes how strong his stance was and the battle aura he was projecting.

“Been putting in those extra hours of training?” Ranma asked. He remembers the words that the Emperor said to him before his left to return back to the material world.

“‘Your friend bears two curses, the first is Jusenkyö. The second is the curse of the Wulfen.’” Ranma recalled but he had no idea what this second curse was.

Ryoga grinned, revealing his unusually long canine teeth.

‘You have no idea, Ranma,” Ryoga thought. Most of his injuries sustained had healed due to his super physique.

Meanwhile Ranma only thought was . . . ‘Did Ryoga just growled at me?’

“Let’s begin!” Ryoga exclaimed as the sparring battle commenced.

Ranma smirked and stood up straight out of his crouching stance and gesture or rather taunt him to make the first move.

“Show me what you got, P-Chan!” Ranma taunted him in a bold attempt break his concentration.

Ryoga felt his confidence flowing through his body and crossed the distance between them in one bound and launched a slashing right cross towards Ranma’s stupid head. Ranma feinted and swayed aside to avoid the bone crunching blow and parry to deflect Ryoga’s follow up punch. Ranma quickly spun inside Ryoga’s narrow guard and hammered his elbow towards his opponent’s throat.

Ryoga pivoted smoothly away thanking his harsh discipline training regime in the mountains had paid off, managing to deflect Ranma’s strike, pulling him slightly off balance. Ranma’s response was to duck forwards and kicked out at Ryoga’s knee.

Ryoga saw it coming as he predicted what Ranma hoped he would do and turned to one side and half stepped away from the oncoming kick. Ranma reacted to the sudden change and swung behind him and drove an elbow into his back, knocking him forward off balance. Ranma pounced like a crouching tiger, throwing his body weight onto the yellow bandanna clad fighter. Ryoga fell forwards but turned as he did so with dexterity and brought his foot right smack into Ranma’s stomach. Ranma slammed onto the stone paved floor whilst Ranma flew away from him. Ryoga smirked as he heard him land with a heavy thump.

Ranma recovered first and leapt to his feet into a different fighting stance just as Ryoga’s charge in with a thunderous punch with such power and speed that it almost caught him. Ranma without thinking ducked beneath the scything punch and leapt backwards in time to dodge a thunderous kick to his groin. Ranma didn’t even want to think what might have happened if that kick managed to connect.

‘Damn, that was close!’ thought Ranma, trying to find a way to counter his furious assault.

‘Stay still, Ranma!’ Ryoga growled as he pressed on with his assault.

‘Gotcha you now’ Ryoga thought as he managed despite Ranma’s agility and speed, the heel of his right foot hammered into Ranma as he feint his attack just enough to distract him.

Ranma turned his body away as much as he could. His quick evasion robbed most of the potent damage in Ryoga’s kick. Ranma grunted as the pain flared up in his body.

Ranma dodged away from the next blow, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet as Ryoga came at him again. Blocking and countering everything that Ryoga was throwing at him. Ranma knew in the back of his mind that he could not avoid being hit like that forever certainly if he kept being forced on the defensive. He knew that as soon as Ryoga landed a clean blow, very few rarely got up, normally ending up in the hospital intensive ward for weeks on end.

‘Is this the side effect of his second curse?’ Ranma wondered. ‘How can this be? How did it become active?’

Ranma cleared his mind of the thoughts as it wasn’t the time to start thinking. At first opportunity, Ranma saw a gap between his guards and threw a couple of lightning fast punches at him, pivoting his hips and shoulders to get his full weight behind his blows and ducked into delivering rapid fire punches to Ryoga’s ribs.

“Kachü Tenshin Amaguriken!” Ranma exclaimed as his fist launched a tidal of furious punches.

Ryoga stepped back, seemingly untroubled by Ranma’s special techniques which in the past would have nailed him. Ryoga smirked as he crackled his knuckles in anticipation of dishing out serious punishment.

Ryoga grinned and took on slightly different offensive stance, raising his fists before him.

“Heh . . . you have got to TRY better than that, Ranma!” Ryoga taunted him.

“I didn’t even feel it,” Ryoga charged up his battle aura.

Ranma took a step back to take account of the battle. He knew that Ryoga was attempting to taunt him into losing his concentration and coolness.

“Now FEEL this!” Ryoga pulled back his hands back into a cupping motion.

Ranma almost didn’t see the fiery red sphere of Ki as it moved within a blink of an eye. His natural danger instincts saved him as he raised his arms to guard against it. He braced himself as the Ki sphere slammed against him, pushing him back a few steps.

‘Damn, that was powerful!’ Ranma thought as he felt his arms gone slightly numb against the impact.

It was definitely not one of Ryoga’s regular moves like Shishi Houkou Dan otherwise he would have heard him utter the words to that technique. Whatever it was, this new technique was potentially more powerful as it didn’t require him to speak out the name of technique that would have given normal opponent a brief of time to prepare themselves.

Ryoga growled in anger, stepping forward to smash his fist against Ranma’s chest. His strength was phenomenal even one who have trained for years under the strictest conditions to be stronger and powerful, and Ranma was hurled back, skidding through the ground as Ryoga raised his fists together to deliver a powerful hammer blow.

Ranma coughed as he rubbed his chest to ease away the pain and looked up in time to see Ryoga’s trying to deliver the final blow to finish the match quickly. Ranma rolled aside as Ryoga’s double hammer blow smashed into the ground, kicking out at his kneecap. Ranma shouted as he struck, putting his entire strength behind the blow, enough to break a normal person’s bone into fragments. Lucky for Ryoga, his bone structure and density was far greater than the average man. Ryoga howled and dropped to the ground, clutching his knee.

Ranma staggered to his feet, clutching his chest as Ryoga’s punch knocked the wind out of him, wheezing over slightly. He didn’t have the chance to advantage of his down opponent as he wasn’t in the shape to do so.

“Damn you, Ranma!” Ryoga shouted as tried to get up to his feet.

“What is it now?” Ranma took a step back and raising his hands up in warding gesture. “You almost tore my heart out with that punch!”

“That was such a cheap move!” Ryoga exclaimed, hopping alternatively on each leg to shake off the pain in his kneecap.

Ranma took in a deep breath before looking him straight in the eye.

“I thought this was a sparring match . . . not, an all out I’m going to kill you sparring match,” Ranma accused him.

“Heh . . . I should have known.” Ryoga crossed his arms against his chest, temporary forgetting the pain in his knee. “I see that you can’t fight me anymore that you have to resort to lame excuses. I think you are getting lax in your martial arts.” He taunted.

“What?” Ranma looked at him with astonished look. “Ryoga, I have beaten your ass so many times that it isn’t funny any more.”

“Heh,” Ryoga grinned and decided to taunt him some more.

“I just let you win, I was just holding back against you all this time. I wanted to see how strong you can become before I dish out some payback.”

“Well . . . if that’s the case,” Ranma paused, looking at him oddly.

“I see there is no reason to hold back against you.” Ranma smirked confidently.

Ryoga raised a curious eyebrow, slightly confused by Ranma’s sentence. He did notice a powerful darker battle aura completely engulfing Ranma rather than his usual aura he normally emits.

“What do you mean holding back? I thought I was the one holding back.” Ryoga stated as Ranma’s smirk grew larger.

“Oh . . .” Ryoga said as he saw Ranma disappeared into a speeding black and red blur.

The Masaki Residence . . .

“Ah, Sasami, there you are. I been looking for you,” Ayeka said as she saw her younger sister about to go upstairs to her room with Ry-Ohki in Cabbit form perched on her shoulder.

Sasami stopped as she gripped the stair rail. She took a deep breath and she turned around to face her sister. A forced smile appeared on her face on her delicate features. Ry-Ohki looked concerned.

“What is it, Ayeka?” Sasami said nicely. Ayeka stopped at the foot of the stairwell.

“Well, you see I was busy and sorta forgot something. I was hoping you could help deliver something to Ranma and his friend.” Ayeka asked.

“Couldn’t Tenchi do it?” Sasami inquired.

She was feeling slightly dejected and depressed as she had been trying to avoid Ranma for most of the day as she tried to sort out her feeling and courage.

Ayeka blinked, surprised at her out of character behavior. She quickly continued as she shook her head.

“Tenchi is out in the city, fixing the television set and also to collect a few items for dinner.”

“What about Washu?” Surely she could do it in a blink of an eye.” Sasami suggested.

Again, Ayeka shook her head.

“Now, Sasami,” Ayeka said a sisterly tone. “You know that Miss Washu is busy looking after Ryoko and Kiima plus she has a large backlog of research to complete afterwards.”

Sasami tried to think of someone else to do it but Ayeka stopped her as she revealed a neat and tidy picnic basket.

“Beside, I don’t want anything to happen this picnic basket, the last thing we need is to have transform into a monster or become radioactive,” Ayeka said as she made the point that the picnic basket needed to be hand deliver safely to Ranma.

Sasami averted her gaze from her sister and looked down at her feet. She really didn’t know what to do. She wanted to have more time to sort out her feelings which was the main reason why she had been avoiding him. Deep down, she wanted to see him, hoping to talk like they did before but was afraid of what he might say or respond. Also if she didn’t do what Ayeka just asked her, it would make her sister worried which could led to the issue being more complicated than it should be like the time when they were at the Hot Springs.

“Oh all right,” she said reluctantly and took the small picnic basket from Ayeka’s hands. Her sister simply smiled.

“Do you know where Ranma is right now?” Sasami asked in a small voice.

Ayeka paused for a moment. “Hmm . . . I think I heard Ranma saying that he going with Ryoga to do some morning sparring at the Shrine grounds.”

Sasami lifted her head and tried to give a convincing smile.

“Okay then, bye Ayeka,” she said and turned to leave. Ry-Ohki meowed.

Ayeka looked at her sister and sighed heavily.

“Are you sure this is going to work?” she said out loud.

A brilliant red haired scientist popped out from her laboratory/cloakroom door and grinned.

Ayeka sighed again.

Meanwhile . . .

The sparring match has somehow turned out in a full scale battle without the property damage as Ranma and Ryoga tried to outdo each in terms of skill and strength, so far no luck . . . that is . . .

“Kachü . . .” Ranma shouted.

“Ranma, didn’t you just try this already. For the very last time it doesn’t work on me!” Ryoga taunted.

Unfortunately for Ryoga, he has other ideas. Ryoga noticing the change in his technique sighed as he tried as best as he could to brace himself against the punishment was about to receive.

“Kachü Bisha Takaken!” Ranma cried out his alternative technique to chestnut fist as he calmly and easily slip past Ryoga’s defenses and landed over ten thousand clean hits all over Ryoga’s body.

This time, Ryoga stumbled back, coughing a little as he staggered back from Ranma’s onslaught. Ranma swiftly followed him, throwing a hook punch at his head. It was risky gamble and could be easily blocked and countered, but instead of Ryoga’s a forearm coming up to block the blow, Ranma’s Ki enhanced fist smashed home against his right temple. Ryoga was sent stumbling back and dropped to one knee, bright blood weeping from where the skin has split above his right eye and was partially absorbed by his yellow and black spotted bandanna which was turning into a dark crimson colour. The amount of power that Ranma put into his powerful punch was more than usually put in as he had expected him to block, and would hopefully numb his arms before following up with another move that was his intention anyway.

Ranma stepped away from Ryoga, dropping his fist and easing his breathing as he stared confused and puzzled at just what happened.

“Are you all right, Ryoga?” asked Ranma. “What the hell happened? You could have easily have blocked that in your sleep!”

“You just caught me by surprise,” replied Ryoga, wiping away the blood with his hand. Ranma bent down to one knee and immediately started tearing a length of cloth from his black shirt and started taking the blood drenched bandanna that he wore

“You won, Ranma.” Ryoga grudgingly said. “What are you complaining about? There is no need to rub it in.”

“It’s just that I’ve never seen you miss such as easy block, that’s all.” Ranma explained as he tossed him a blue towel from his bag.

“Yeah, I don’t want your pity or anyone else okay! I already had my share of sympathies and pity looks from everyone!” Ryoga snapped whilst placing the towel over his head to get of the sweat and blood.

“I see,” Ranma said. He was a little hurt by his outburst which Ryoga felt in his tone of voice.

Ranma sat down beside Ryoga. He silently admires the beautiful forest and mountain scenery around the Masaki shrine. He tried to ignore the impact craters and broken trees directly behind from the resulting fight between them.

“I’m sorry.” Ryoga said in sincere tone of voice which caught Ranma completely off guard to such words from him. “It’s just this whole situation with creatures of chaos and the impending war has me a little . . . err . . . off balance.”

“Yeah, I know, Ryoga, I know.” Ranma said softly. He was kinda relieved that he said that because he had thought he was the only one to feeling these doubts but feeling that his close friend and former rival feeling the same way was like a great weight was lifted from his shoulders.

“I don’t know when the war will begin but what I do know is that we will be ready for it when it comes.” Ranma said, still looking out at the beautiful forest.

Ryoga lowered the towel from his head and started to chuckle a little.

“You sure are confident about that, Ranma.” Ryoga said and suddenly started shaking his head.

“What wrong?” Ranma asked. He was concern when Ryoga clutched his head to one side.

Ryoga waved a dismissive hand. “It’s nothing . . .”

“Oh . . . err . . . you know, Ryoga, I did hit you quite hard in head.”

“Yeah, I’m glad that you didn’t hold back otherwise I would have pounded you into the ground if you did.” Ryoga said in good humor.

“Yeah . . .” Ranma said in a half convincing voice. Fortunately for Ranma, the bandanna clad fang fighter didn’t pick up the hesitation in his voice due to Ryoga’s slight migraine.

‘If only he knew . . .’ Ranma thought.

Ryoga blinked as his migraine started to subside slightly. He just happened to see someone climbing up the stairs that lead to the Masaki shrine but suddenly turned away from the path in another direction. Ryoga sighed as he knew who it was that had shy away.

“Ranma,” Ryoga said.

“Huh, what is it? You need something for your headache? I can get something from the house for it.” Ranma offered and started to get to his feet but Ryoga firmly dragged him down.

“Will you just sit down and no, it’s isn’t my headache.” Ryoga said as Ranma looked at him confusingly.

“Ranma, ever since I known you, you are as clueless as I am when it comes to personal feelings and the opposite sex even THOUGHT you have every single girl under the sun chasing after you.”

“HEY! I’m not my fault!” Ranma protested and calmed down when he saw Ryoga was just joking.

“Yeah,” Ranma bowed his head, slightly embarrassed. “They are a complete mystery to me.”

Ryoga grinned and patted his shoulder. “I might not know what’s going on around here or what been happening, nor do I want to know. What I do know is that young blue haired girl likes you and it isn’t a just a simple crush, if you know what I mean.”

“You mean Sasami?” Ryoga nodded at Ranma’s surprised outburst.

“Yeah, I think that’s her name. She has been avoiding us ever since you and I teleported here. I think it has something to do with you . . .” Ryoga thought for a bit. “Most certainly you . . .”

“Erm . . . thanks a lot.” Ranma said.

“I’m being serious, Ranma! I don’t care what you think or what you do. You have to talk to her truthfully about your own feeling towards her. You said something back in Nerima which wasn’t the truth. You were always a bad liar.”

Ranma was silent as he thought over his words. “I . . . I just don’t know.” He said and hung his head low.

‘Idiot,’ thought Ryoga.

“Ranma, I might not have liked how you treated Akane Tendo or your other fiancées in the past but for goodness sake! Have a backbone, you are Ranma Saotome. We don’t want a repeat of fiancée mess again; just clear it up before it goes any further.”

“. . .” Ranma was about to say something but Ryoga cut before he had the chance.

“Ranma, as a friend, I’m not asking you to do the impossible . . . just talk to her.” Ryoga stared into Ranma’s eyes, strongly emphasizing each word to make it sure got into his thick skull.

Ranma nodded. Ryoga smiled. “She just taken the path that leads to that large tree, I think, not so long ago. I think you can find her there.”

Ranma smiled. “Thanks.”

“Just don’t go all mushy of soft on me because we had this talk. I WILL deny completely if Cypher hears about this, okay!” Ryoga said in a threatening tone and turned his head in another direction.

“Okay, my lips are sealed.” Ranma said. Ryoga just sighed.

There was a moment of silence between the two fighters and rivals. Suddenly out of the blue, Ranma started to burst into laugher.

“What’s so funny?” Ryoga inquired, wondering why he was acting this way.

“You are beginning to sound like Cypher,” Ranma said between chuckles.

“I am not! Just shut up!” Ryoga said in mock anger. He then smiled and soon joined Ranma in laughter.

Ryoga suddenly clutched his head as he felt a sharp pain flared in his head. Ranma was concerned and was about to help but was stopped when Ryoga waved his hand dismissively. “It’s nothing, Ranma.”

“But . . .” Ranma said and rose to his feet.

“Just go and talk to her before I change my mind!” Ryoga snapped at him.

Ranma cast a wary look at Ryoga, unsure if he should leave him in his condition.

“Go now!” Ryoga pointed in the general direction of where she went to. “Just trust me, okay.”

Ranma paused for a moment and swiftly turned around and headed down the steps.

Ryoga watched Ranma reached midway down the steps and turned sharply away and down another path.

‘Stubborn as always, idiot,’ Ryoga grinned but his expression soon changed as pain flared up again in his head and clutched his head in discomfort and pain.

‘Dammit, Ranma must have hit me harder than I first realised.’ Ryoga thought and staggered towards the small shrine house.

XXX

Location: Eye of Terror.

Daemon Held World Nemesis . . .

M'Kachan, Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, Lord of Nemesis and Archmage of Chaos sat uncomfortable on a midnight black high throne, drumming his clawed finger on its arm. He was not displeased by the turn of events. With the destruction of the Chaos Gate, it had become clear to him that his operation in Nerima was at an end. Besides, now that the second phase of his master's plan was already underway, there was little need to maintain it.

The eventual civil turmoil on planet would provide a perfect smokescreen to shroud his operations from prying eyes such as the Blood Angels Strike force that orbits the Earth. Angron and his spawns of Khorne could be left in Japan to their own devices, perhaps providing a useful distraction away from his main operations. Magnus the Red would become a powerful ally against any magic users such as the Sailor Senshi. The great libraries of the Serenities would be raided of all its knowledge and wisdom. It has been rumoured to be greater than the Black Library of the Elder. He was well aware of the unexpected allies that had joined in the fight in Nerima such as the Phoenix God Saffron and the members of the Juraian Royal Family. He had already devised a plan to ensure that they do not interfere anymore with his operations. Almost all the loose ends of the operation would thereby be neatly tied off, without him having to raise a finger.

Who would enslave the human natives of this planet was no longer a subject for M’Kachan or his dark master but he had a strong feeling that Angron and N’Kari might compete with one another after their usefulness had expired for the human population of Earth. In a few more years now the hand of Darkness would swamp the entire planet and chaos would reign supreme in this universe.

M’Kachan smiled a macabre smile. Things were working out almost too perfectly. His dark master wanted a sacrifice, and he even had a sacrifice or two lined up to be offered to Tzeentch deep within the dungeons of Nemesis. M’Kachan drummed his clawed finger again. He still hadn’t played his trump card yet which had yet to be awakened.

Suddenly there was a great pounding on the great doors of his private throne chamber. The two monstrous multi limbs daemonic spawn on either side of it sprang to attention. These creatures were once mighty mortal champions of Tzeentch whose original form and sanity has been lost beneath the overly generous gifts of Tzeentch. The Chaos Gods are generous, but irresponsible with their favours as the gifts they lavish upon their chosen one could either be a blessing or curse, whatever the case, the unfortunate souls are damned forever to their Chaos masters.

More pounding hammered against the door as the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch waited a moment longer. The nine chaos runes of Tzeentch etched into the golden doors prevented them from being smashed into pieces by the sheer force of the pounding.

With a single glance, M’Kachan indicated that they should open it.

Angron appeared, the flashes on his brass armour and psychic aura proclaiming his position and seniority within the daemonic minions of Ruinous Powers of Chaos. His presence radiate sheer terror, his body exudes the stink of death and his yellow glowing eyes carry the promise of cold execution.

M’Kachan wasn’t even remotely fazed by Angron’s entrance or overwhelming presence.

Angron’s massive fist hammered into the long refectory table, splintering its surface. M’Kachan remained impassive, almost on the borderline of indifference at Angron’s antics.

“Everything,” thundered the Daemon Primarch of Khorne, “is beginning to fall apart, we should be conquering the backwater planet by now. My master is demanding more skulls from this little adventure and yet we do nothing but wait!”

M’Kachan just looked at the remains of the table.

“A little more subtlety and little less anger would bring about the same effect,” M’Kachan commented, “I just had this place refurnish.” He added as the last time, his private chamber was completely destroyed by the sheer stupidity and efforts from N’Kari and Foulspawn.

Angron snarled as this time it was the wall that bore the brunt of his wrath. One of the many magnificent twisted portraits of Tzeentch jumped off its hook and fell with a smash.

“I want answers!” Angron demanded. “Why did you retreat in the face of our enemies?”

“There were . . .” M’Kachan paused to think of the right word, “some extraneous circumstances,”

“What is the hell is that suppose to mean!” Angron stomped towards him within a few feet. “It seems that all your efforts have come to a halt due to the circumstances that seems to been extraneous in Nerima and Juuban due to this Ranma and Cypher.”

M’Kachan shook his head. “I have merely underestimated the strength of that whelp of a Primarch and his dunderhead companion.”

“I’m sure that you have foreseen this,” Angron said sarcastically, “not even the great Tzeentch could have not seen this coming. Well there is always a first . . .”

M’Kachan levelled a withering gaze at him for insulting his dark master but refrained himself for time being for doing anything else. He decided not to go down to his level of intelligence which against the very nature of Tzeentch.

“This Ranma Saotome,” M’Kachan whispered. “He was so close to us that we could have closed a fist and crushed him. But somehow he escaped . . . thanks, once again, to your incompetence. The great Primarch of the Worldeaters unable to defeat a simple whelp in hand to hand combat, nor does he possess the intelligence or cunning to tempt him to your cause.”

Angron snarled angrily and unhook his mighty brass plated Axe of Khorne from his back to emphasize the point. “Shut your mouth before I permanently tear it from face!”

“Hmm . . . why do I sense a bit of déjà vu,” M’Kachan raised a claw finger to his chin, “Oh yes . . . the first war of Armageddon, I remember that fondly.”

“I’m warning you, M’Kachan, say another word and I will destroy you!”

M’Kachan smirked, knowing that it was sensitive subject to him. He had the planet of Armageddon within his grasp but due to some minor problems regarding the Warp Storms activities, it simply slips out from his fingers.

M’Kachan waved his hand to dismiss the subject. “Your problem is of little concern to me now,” he said icily.

Angron glared at him harder, wishing that he would be vaporized from his sights. There was a long silence between the two Daemon Princes until it was broken by the stomping of Angron’s hoof like feet.

Angron suddenly roared out in laugher which M’Kachan looked at him with mild curiosity and raised a clawed finger at him. The bestial laughter echoed around and around the chamber.

“Am I amusing you in some twisted fashion?”

“I think that you are right for once.” Angron answered.

“Which is?”

“Ranma Saotome, the whelp of a Primarch, surely he cannot present any danger to us now?” Angron said. “He’s only one man against my elite warrior hordes and the chaos powers of Tzeentch.”

“Yes, yes,” M’Kachan said, paying little attention and broadly rubbing his forehead with his claw. “That’s all true if he is only one man . . .” Angron missed the subtlety in his voice.

‘Hmm . . . although Queen Beryl and her remaining Generals are useless to me now, I do not know why my master wants them alive,’ M’Kachan thought.

“So why is he still alive? We should destroy him at the very first opportunity we have!” Angron demanded, his impatience clearly showing on his bestial face.

“You have to learn to have a little patience, Angron,” M’Kachan assured him. “When the time is right and shifts of time has alight at its greatest point. He will die.”

Angron grinned in satisfaction. “I will be his executioner?”

M’Kachan nodded, his bird face remained impassive. “You shall be the executioner.”

Angron was about to roar out with glee when M’Kachan raised his clawed hand up.

“But until that time has come, you shall do nothing to interfere or warn them of my operations.” M’Kachan warned.

Angron levelled a death glare at Daemon Prince of Tzeentch for a full minute or so. It was M’Kachan who broke the silence this time.

“Should the Primarch whelp join forces with the Juraian Royal Family either through marriage or alliance, all my calculations may have to be changed,” M’Kachan whispered in a low voice. “His tactical mind and his prowess at arms and those with the Light Hawk Wings with the ability to influence even the strongest daemonic auras and distort it willingly . . . perhaps I’m being overly gloomy but it has been bothering me.”

Angron roared out with inhuman laughter. “Now you’re over estimating him now!”

M’Kachan cackled to join him. ‘I have something far worse in mind for you!’ he mentally thought.

“Never let it be said that I do not have a sense of humour,” Angron proclaimed.

His massive chest heaved as if there were a wild daemon locked inside it, trying to escape. Angron swiftly turned around and retreated through the doorway and passed between the two Chaos spawns without a sideway glance.

As Angron marched through the twisted corridors and stairways of the damned citadel, there were many doubts in his mind as he strode along the many torture chambers, sacrifice altars and daemonic portals. Although he had accepted M’Kachan reasoning without getting a proper straight answer, he was suspicious of the Tzeentch Daemon Prince plans. M’Kachan had made no mention of the contingency plans after the Ruinous Powers Alliance had expires its usefulness. More importantly, M’Kachan has said nothing who would share galaxy amongst the major Chaos Gods once they have bought the darkness. M’Kachan was showing the same over confidence that Horus has shown during the final hours. Angron had an unsettling feeling that history was about to repeat itself. He shrugged his massive shoulders, there wasn’t anything HE could do to alter the situation without voiding the alliance of his Chaos master unless . . .

Kharn the Betrayer, Champion of Khorne and Worldeaters Legion.

Angron grinned as he knew someone willing to carry out Khorne’s insatiable hunger for skulls.

He wasn’t about to write off his champion of Khorne. Well, not just yet as recall that he and a number of his elite warriors were still wandering in Japan without orders or direction. His stomping quickened as he had a few calls to make to his psychotic champion of Khorne.

Meanwhile . . .

M’Kachan drummed his clawed fingers on the throne arm, he was having unaccustomed doubts. He’d been wrong to think that everything was going so perfectly. There were still some loose ends that needed his attention. The pigtailed Primarch whelp was still alive and at large. He had somehow evaded the elite Khorne Berzerkers of Worldeaters and Thousand Sons legion that he had personally sent to exterminate Ranma from the face of the Earth. Managed to come back from the dead after the delicately laid trap he planned. He had somehow managed to come and ruin his operations by destroyed the Chaos Gate. The red haired young girl who had tried to destroy him was still free, and he had no idea where she might have gone to. The girl who had penetrated his chaotic aura field with such ridiculous ease was going to die once he gets his hands on her.

Right now, M’Kachan was feeling bloodthirsty; he wanted all of their heads on a silver encrusted platter. He’s even settled for the head of Cypher who’d followed the Primarch around like a faithful hound. But the lust for vengeance was the way for Khorne, not the path of Tzeentch. Ranma Saotome somehow managed to ruin his schemes in Nerima, well almost all of his schemes.

M’Kachan thoughts turned to the red haired witch was beginning to intrigue him. She was something new in his long experience. She had seemed to make no effort whatsoever to take him down just because he managed to take out the Cyan haired woman with such ease with her brutish strength and arrogance. This red haired witch seemed to rely on technology rather than magic quite similar to the Adeptus Mechanicus Cults on Mars but there was something about her he couldn’t quite place a finger on. M’Kachan shook his head side to side in a raging fury, furious with himself for letting him have such doubts. He was letting doubts cloud his vision and mental state. He was a Daemon Prince of the Chaos God Tzeentch, perfectly created to his whim. No one could stop him now, not even Ranma Saotome. Now that he had two female mortals who was close to him was safely within his clutches.

Time was passing and M’Kachan was about to stand up from his throne when he sensed someone approaching him. The two Chaos Spawn sentries shifted their bloated weight to allow space.

The stranger walked with confident arrogance to stand before him. The massive spider like limb machine on his back whirred and hummed whilst musky and unclear liquid pumped into his body, keeping him alive and immortal. M’Kachan noticed that his left hand was now a huge unnaturally sharp talon whilst his right hand rested on the head of his needle like cane.

“Been experimenting with yourself, old man?” M’Kachan stated the obvious.

“Your powers of observation are amazing even by daemon standards,” he said sarcastically. “Actually it been kinda useful in cutting up and dissecting my patients, not that you would know about it, M’Kachan.”

“What do you want, old man?” M’Kachan asked the Primogenitor.

The stranger looked repugnance at the huge form of the Daemon Prince whilst leaning on his needle cane casually slightly to show that he wasn’t afraid or didn’t care.

A long silence passed.

“Well, old man? The Daemonettes suddenly got your tongue.” M’Kachan sneered.

Suddenly without warning, the old man turned around and marched back out of the chamber.

M’Kachan rose up from his seated. “STOP!” he bellowed, echoing around his chamber.

The old man continued without pausing.

M’Kachan cursed under his breath, furious at his lack of respect for him. He would play his game once his usefulness had run out.

“Tell me what you have to say . . . Fabius Bile,” he said venomously.

The Primogenitor stopped but didn’t turn around to face the Daemon Prince.

“Heh . . . I wanted to inform you that preparations have been completed. The enhancements and genetic alterations you have requested have been included.”

M’Kachan grinned. “Excellent.”

“As soon as you give a subject to perform the operation, I will conduct the necessary procedure and surgery. Also I expect triple my usual fee for my services.”

“Yes, of course,” M’Kachan sat down on his throne and waved his hand to dismiss him.

‘I already have the perfect subject in mind.’ The Daemon Prince grinned.

Bile nodded and continued his way out of the chamber.

M’Kachan slumped against his throne chair, a slightly bored expression etched on his face. He cast his thoughts into the strands of chaos, hoping to glimpse something that he may have missed. Nothing could stop him now.

TBC . . .

XXXXX

Author Notes: I’m just lucky that I managed to have time to write a chapter. So here it is finished, hopefully you like it, enjoy. It’s not as long as other chapters that’s because I decide to split the original work in half for to post it early. Hopefully the chapter remaining will be posted afterwards.

The Administration will accept and process all reviews, comments and constructive criticism. The Inquisition will purge all flames with righteous fury.

Version 1.0 25/03/06
Version 2.0 02/05/06 (Minor Changes to Scenes and Grammar)