Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Mousse Muad Dib ❯ All quacked up ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mousse Muad Dib

By

Mari

Co-author by rob

Disclaimer: Ranma ½ is the Ó property of Rumiko Takahashi. Tenchi Muyo-Universe is the Ó property Kajishima Masaki.

Dune is the Ó property of Frank Herbert. Star Wars is the Ó property of George Lucas.

Chapter 4…..All quacked up

Mousse thought to himself 'great, now how do I tell them that I need hot water to change back..hmmmm' he waddled over to the tea pot and started pecking at the lid. The three people just stared in awe at the sudden transformation. His mom was standing over him trying to pick him up making comforting noises. While Stilgard just looked on in astonishment. The maid screamed and ran from the room quickly.

"Quack!" Mousse hollered , pecking at the tea.

"I do believe my son wish's a cup of tea." Beikng-Pan smiled.

Stilgard still confused a little on the curse picked up the porcelain tea pot and started to pour Mousse a cup, as the tea tumbled from the pot , Mousse shot forward and was splashed by the hot tea coming out of the pot.

Instantly whoosh

Mousse kneeled naked under the teapot sputtering , his clothes which had fallen off of him during the transformation were laying on the ground next to his chair.

"Thank you.. I'm sorry to startle you, I had hoped to let you know about the curse at a more convenient time." Responded Mousse sadly. Picking up his clothes he donned them quickly. Stilgard still impressed with this feat sputtered.

"How..uh..er.. um .. I mean .. how did this befall you my prince." Stilgard exclaimed.

"Well I guess there's no use keep it the secret from both of you now." Mousse begins to his turn to tell his story. "It all started when I visited Jusenkyo to do some training. The guide showed me all of the springs of those drowned in them. Unfortunately I wasn't wearing my glasses during that time and I accidentally step and fell into the Spring of Drown Duck."

"Amazing." Stilgard complemented Mousse's explanation. "I have no idea that some kind of place even existed." He added.

"Only hot water can turn me back to human but cold water will change me into the duck you all saw before." Mousse reminded Stilgard and his mother.

"So that's why you asking for the tea pot." Stilgard got the idea. "I'll remember that next time."

"But my son, why did go training in Jusenkyo when everyone knows that it's dangerous to do so?" Beikng-Pan questioned her son with a little bit of scolding.

"I'm sorry, Mother." Mousse apologized. "I only did so that I can be strong enough to able to defeat this one guy." He explained the best he could.

"And who is it that you were trying to defeat, your Highness?" Stilgard queried.

"Ranma Saotome." Mousse answered plainly with a bit of anger in his voice.

"You mean it's got something to do with that foolish law?" Beikng-Pan inquired and Mousse simply nodded in response.

" I needed to get stronger, and faster, Ranma is very quick and strong and so I went to the spring in the hopes of learning how he became so good. As he himself had gone to the springs to train." Responded Mousse.

Stilgard looked at Mousse with new eyes, trying to decide what would be the best way to use this new gift in a defense/offence situation. "I'm sorry I am not familiar with this law of which you speak or your reasons to fight this Ranma Saotome. Could you please enlighten me on the situation."

"Well it is a bit complicated you see." Mousse started. "It all began with a kiss."

Bang.. clump…

The ruckus was so loud that the three turned to the door as a group of men piled in , several holding cleavers. They wore green and black cover-alls and were shouting.

"GET THEM!" the large mustached leader screamed pointing a cleaver at Beikng-Pan.

Without rehearsal the three launched up and in different directions. Stilgard reaching into his cloak did a spinning circle kick towards one of the assailants. His right heel connected with the mans lower jaw and a sharp crack gave him the satisfaction of knowing that he had broken his assailants neck. The man dropped like a ton of bricks , twitching in his death throws. Landing back on his two feet , Stilgard lifted from his coat a large blaster which he pointed at the mustached man. Just as he was about to pull the trigger , Mousse flashed in front of him and was hitting the man so quickly that his arms were a blur.

Beikng-Pan not to be outdone by her son and guest had reached back under the table and came up with a wooden practice sword. With a yell she launched herself at two of the intruders who were armed with meat cleavers. "I told you once I have told you before the next time you attack my home you leave in a body bag Tie-Yang." The wooden blade made circles clicking against both blades as the men tried desperately to get their weapons anywhere near the swerving woman. Her body seemingly boneless was twisting and twirling in an intricate dance , one that Stilgard remembered from the academy days. 'She's good' he thought to himself momentarily distracted by the display of martial arts prowess.

Whack

A cleaver narrowly missed hitting Stilgard as his instinct taught him to duck . the gun grazed by the cleaver on its way towards him fell from his nerveless fingers and the numbness caused him to shake his arm in dismay. 'wow , that was close, I have to keep an eye on those guys'

More than 10 men were now vying for the honour of entering the melee. The room would only hold several at a time. "We should try to get out of here." Commented Stilgard.

"Never!" huffed Beikng-Pan , "This my home, I will fight till the death to defend it." As she bent her back so far her hair touched the ground in order to miss being decapitated from a swung cleaver. Stilgard watched as she rebound back up fluidly and kicked her assailant in the throat. The mustached man sprayed blood as he grasped he broken esophagus. Slowly the bandits leader collapsed. The sounds of further fighting in the halls came into the room. Letting Mousse and the rest know that the house staff had finally armed themselves and were in the process of getting to them. This spurred them on to even greater feats of daring. Mousse launched himself into the air and as he flipped over two men he brought his arms quickly down and grasped the two by their heads. With all of his force Mousse caused the two heads to collide making a very loud clunking noise. He finished his summersault and not even looking back at his targets , continued his motion by leaping up and planting both feet into the chest of a third man who so surprised at this feat of physical daring only stood and watched the boy. The force of the kick caused the man to bend almost in two as he flew out the door taking several of the bandits with him to the floor.

The room momentarily quiet and the men stopped to breath looked at the carnage in the hall and the room. The sounds of help were getting closer. A small rat faced man whispered. "I'm not going to die here today , but I will return." And he dashed down the hall away from the oncoming rescuers.

Stilgard could not really believe that all this action was only moments. Yet less than 10 minutes had passed without any of them getting seriously hurt. He surveyed the enemy and saw that there were 4 unconscious men and 3 dead ones. As the room filled with servants all caring swords and quarter staffs. He wondered. In this day and age. Wouldn't guns have been better. If they had really come to kill them why not just bomb them , or shoot them from a distance. Why all the carnage?

Beikng-Pan was giving orders for the mess to be cleaned up and handing her wooden practice sword to a large attendant wearing black and purple clothes.

"Ma-am , I am so glad that you are ok and Mousse, that was some fantastic fighting I saw."

"Thank you Mr. Stilgard. Mousse let us adjourn the to the green room where we can finish our tea."

Mousse led the two over the bodies being hauled away. One of the servants , Stilgard noticed it was the same one that took the sword from Beikng-Pan came up and whispered hoarsely into her ear. Stilgard could just make out the dialect they spoke.

"Miss , what would you have us do with the living."

Beikng-Pan smiled grimly. "What living."

"I understand ." The servant walked away.

"Come Mr. Stilgard, a fresh cup of tea awaits us, and you were asking a question before we were interrupted." Beikng-Pan smiled. This time the smile was genuinely warm.

"But what was this all about." He waved his arms at the fallen and the servants cleaning the blood off the wooden floor.

"All in good time, as we were saying .. the Wu-Sul occasionally try to wipe us out." She waved at the mercenaries.

"I see." He replied even more confused. This woman strong and lithe was more than she displayed in public, also very ruthless as an enemy. He was very admiring of all those traits. 'I am glad that Lucus , found such a suitable mate.' He thought to himself.

They entered the room and Stilgard sat to the left of Mousse , Mousse's mother was to his right. Mousse poured tea into lavender coloured cups and smiled.

"I believe the last thing I was saying is it all started with a kiss. Right?" Mousse commented.

"Yes." Stilgard smiled , "You were."

THE PAST - Mousse's Tale

"I was doing some practice training of Hidden Weapons when I heard the news that Shampoo was coming back home. I was so exited that I wanted to welcome her back then I also heard of a male outsider and she had given him the kiss of marriage. I was infuriated at first but then she also told me that he turned out to be a she and was the one who defeated Shampoo in the village's tournament and given her the kiss of death. Elder Cologne was disappointed of Shampoo's failure of her mission so she made her train at Jusenkyo.

Unfortunately Shampoo fell into the Spring of Drown Cat. That's when Cologne realized that Ranma might have fallen into one of the springs as well. So Shampoo left again to see if she was right and followed her as well. so how can this Ranma who defeated the woman that I wanted to marry be both. That's when I first met him but he wasn't what I pictured him. Then it became clear to me, he had fallen into the Spring of Drown Girl but for some reason he couldn't change back into a man. That is until I hit upon the fact that Cologne had hit a pressure point that made him sensitive to hot water so he won't change unless he agrees to marry Shampoo.

It seems that cologne deems the marriage a good one because of Ranma's skill in the martial arts. The fact that when he gets cold water on him that he turns into a girl is beside the point. I am still not sure how Shampoo feels about the whole thing because I have never really confessed the fact that I love her so deeply. That it is really I that should be given the kiss of marriage. I was a very bitter rival with Ranma because of that at first. But he is of such a kind and giving soul that we became friends after a fashion. Though I would still love to win in a contest against him. "

"I see , that sounds extremely complicated." Stilgard replied after hearing the sad tail. " Why have you never told Shampoo of your love for her."

"I don't believe that my martial arts is strong enough to win her over yet." Replied Mousse.

"Stupid." Muttered Mousse's mother. "You should just tell her how you feel , that way you can either marry the girl or get over her." Beikng-Pan got up and went to the wall hanging in the room, it was a rendition of a mountain spring done in old Chinese calligraphy. Lifting the painting she reached into a recess in the wall and brought out a picture which she carried back to the table. Placing it down before Mousse she pointed to the man standing proudly next to her in the image. "That is your father."

Mousse stared at the image for a long time drinking in the essence that was his father. The man was Caucasian looking , standing well over Beikgn-Pan's height. Very broad of shoulder and arms that were strong and well toned. He had short-cropped black hair and wore glasses similar to Mousse's. Mousse indeed looked ever bit the spitting image of his father. The only difference that he could see really was that his eyes were a little more Asiatic than his dads, whom he believed were lent him more of an air of mystery. Reaching into his travel kit, Mousse took out the picture he kept there of Shampoo, she was standing next to Cologne with a slight frown on her face.

"Here mother this is the woman I would wed some day if she will have me." Mousse handed over the picture.

His mother stopped and looked into the picture intently , her face going ghastly white. Her slender fingers pressing so firmly onto the picture that her knuckles were white. A small gasp came from her and Mousse for the first time looked afraid. For he had not noticed his mothers reaction to the picture because he had been staring at the picture of his father.

"What is it mother. Why are you so upset." Mousse exclaimed.

Stilgard looked over to the picture and noticed nothing unusual about the setting or the stance. The two woman one tiny balancing on a large pogo stick the other tall and very pretty. A golden locket around her neck, then with a double take Stilgard looked closer into the picture, letting his senses guide him. There was something strange about his picture. It wasn't the temple surroundings, or the weather. Nor what the women's expressions or dress they had on that had alerted his senses. Why hadn't he seen this before. The locket. It was…

"My god, Son this woman , I am assuming it is the young one you are referring to." Beikng-Pan gasped.

"Yes mother. What's wrong, why do you act so strange." Mousse frowned.

"This women is part of the Wu-Sul clan and is one of there assassins." Beikng-Pan growled.

"You must be mistaken mother. She is a wonderful women and though very hot tempered she wouldn't hurt a fly." Replied Mousse quickly trying to put his mother at ease.

"NO!" Yelled Beikng-Pan, "I know that look, that dress. It is true. Plus there is one other thing."

"What ?" Cried Mousse. "What other thing."

"That locket," Whispered Stilgard, everyone in the room paused for one felt like an eternity. "I should have noticed it when we were there, but after all the disturbances and finding you it never crossed my mind."

Exasperated Mousse nearly to tears grasped the picture from his mothers hands and stared at his love. Looked into the soft eyes that he desired with all his heart. He felt inside himself a tearing , as if the very soul inside him was being torn from his body. "Shampoo !!!" Mousse wailed. "What have you done!?!"

"The locket Mousse, you must get it from her." Stilgard grasped Mousses hands firmly trying to bring the young man back to reality. "YOU HAVE TO GET THE LOCKET!" He used the voice.

"Why ????" Mousse cried , so unnerved by the entire episode. "What is so important about a stupid locket."

"Remember what I told you about your father. There was the ring as your key to the past you would seek?" Beikng-Pan said quietly , her hands twisting in the fold of her dress, the effort tearing small pieces from the hem.

"Yes" Mousse blubbered.

"That locket she wears it is your father's. It is the one that he was supposed to have had on him when he went to that fight, the one that he was murdered at. We never found it. But I believe it may be his." Beikng-Pan said very sadly , tears rolling down her face at the memory of those tragic times.

"It can't be , it just can't." Mousse denied the words he heard. Standing up he grasped the picture close to his bosom "You both don't understand I love her , she couldn't have done those things you say. It is not possible."

"I'm sorry Mousse but it is , for I know that locket anywhere and no where on this planet is there an inscription or a seal that would match the Atreides family and that necklace does." Stilgard said, his words choking him as he saw how deep they hammered into the young Amazon, The tears the boy was shedding fell from behind his glasses and trickled down his face as a small river running down his downy cheeks and falling to wet the table he stood over.

Gasping he cried "Why , why her, why the woman I love god, noooooooooo!" And with that he bolted from the room. Stilgard raised quickly to follow him. Beikng-Pan put an arm swiftly on him to stop him.

"Sometimes people just need to be alone." Beikng-Pan exclaimed.

"But he is so distressed what if he does something stupid." Stilgard replied.

"He is my SON." Beikng-Pan suddenly sounded very regal indeed. " And he is strong , a lot stronger than even he himself would admit to. If only he could find his inner core and release his chi properly he would be unbeatable." She turned from Stilgard lifting her arm quickly. Stilgard never noticed the slight blush on her face for her having touched him without permission.

"I see. Well what should we do then?" Inquired Arwin Stilgard. Standing by the portrait of a bonsai tree.

"We … we my dear man must wait for Mousse to realize that not every rose grows without thorns." Beikng-Pan smiled mysteriously. "Interesting I wonder how it came to be that they would have met and not known each other."

Stilgard lifted his tea cup draining the last bits of the sweet tea from the round porcelain bowl. "I don't know but I do believe in fate. Maybe it is that they are going to be of some assistance to us."

"Let me show you to your room." Beikng-Pan turned from the hidden alcove and started towards the door. "Let him work things out for himself , it should be better in a day or so."

Mousse dashed out of the room and into the hallway. Although it had been years since he had been home the hallways and rooms had never changed, and he unerringly made his way to his secret childhood holdout. His place of safety. A small storage closet that no one had used since he could remember. It was still there, still covered in dust. He made his way to the secret panel he had cut himself more than a decade ago and went into the walls themselves. The space between the walls had been sufficient as a small child to afford him a place of safety and a retreat that no one was aware of . Giving him the perfect sense of security. Although he had grown quite a bit since the last time he had entered this secret passage he was still able to worm his way into the space that he had create in a junction between 4 adjourning rooms. He could hear the hustle and bustle of cleaners and apprentices he made his way further into his hiding area.

Suddenly he stopped. For he sensed ahead of him a presence , someone else was in his hiding place. A small candle was lit and a small boy , several years his junior was laying on some pilfered bedding. The boy was looking at a scroll so intently he never even heard Mousse approach.

"What are you doing in MY hiding area?" Inquired the agitated young man suddenly.

Mousse realizing that he had been spotted finally came closer and sat down just out of reach of the young man. "Your hiding area?" He inquired.

"Yes MY HIDING AREA!" The young man exclaimed a little to loudly.

"Shhhh you idiot , do you want the whole household to know of this place?" Snapped Mousse.

"Well since you are here how many others know of it. I only discovered it a month ago while routing around from boredom."

"Funny that's how I found it 5 years ago." Mousse smiled suddenly. "I think I know you , or have seen you before what is your name ."

"You will tell ME your name first peasant" The young man sneered.

"Your pretty mouthy for a child." Smiled Mousse cracking his knuckles.

"You are an intruder and a bore. You will either leave here never to return or you will tell me the reason you are here , or I will beat you." The young man stood up. Mousse watched him smiling , just what he needed someone to vent his frustrations off of. He stood up and twisted around stretching his back and arms preparing for a sparring match.

"Fine with me. We will spar for the room, and who ever loses has to leave." Mousse exclaimed happily.

"Agreed." The young man stomped forward on one foot , right extended into an open palm stance. His left arm slightly crooked and bent behind his slim body. "Although in a room this small , I will have the advantage over you."

"Don't worry I'm about to teach you some manners squirt." Laughed the young Amazon. Mousse launched into a whirlwind kick that was brought up short by a wall, the thud echoed throughout the room , and plaster dust fell down from the ceiling like rain.

"See I told you I would have the advantage." Then the young man launched himself at Mousse both feet extended straight forward into a standing drop kick which connected so quickly that mousse's only reflection of the incident was of himself flying back to break through the wall into the larger room next to the hiding place.

Dusting himself off Mousse stood and looked into the darkness. "Ah well it was a nice spot." He said sadly.

The young man launched himself from the darkness and spinning tried to land kick after kick. Mousse in the light and having more room to maneuver dodged them easily. Angered at having lost his hiding place he jumped up landing a knee into the nose of the young assailant and watched as the young boy bounced across the room and landed in the dark. The noise of his crash echoed throughout the room.

Several cleaners entered the room with Beikng-Pan and Stilgard. The looked at the hole in the wall and the mess all over the small bed and table. "It would seem my son has beaten us to your room Sir."

Stilgard looked at Mousse incredulously . "What in gods creation do you think you are doing young man."

"I was fighting him." Mousse pointed angrily at the dark hole. No person could be seen at that time.

"Him who?" Beikng-Pan exclaimed walking over to the hole and spying a foot. Reaching in she pulled the young fighter out into the light of the room and gasped.

"You are fighting again. And after you have been told not to. You will be punished for this young man." Beikng-Pan exclaimed with a frosty voice.

"Who is he?" Mousse asked.

"He, the one you have been roughing housing with is Prince regent Sai Yuk Sang, next Emperor of China."

Well it seems that there are now two princes in the house. Will Mousse and Sai Yuk become friends? Will Stilgard and Beikng-Pan grow closer together? Will the Wu-Sul try again to raid the dojo? And will Mousse confront Shampoo and get the locket back from her? All these and more will be answered in our next chapter of "Mousse Muad Dib"