Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ Ranguard ❯ Prologue

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: *blink* *blink* If you still don't know this is not mind I suggest you should go and have a check up in mental department!

Author Notes:

Hmm I sort of come out with this after I watch the show and motivated by writers in the Vandread ML. I hope you enjoy it!

**

Timeline:

It is after the end of the manga for Ranma, right in the Vandread beginning of the story.

**

Ranma was tired, painful and losing his conscious. He looked up upon his opponent the dragon prince Herb who was equally hurt and tired, now gathering all his Ki for a finally blast.

"Hey, Herb! I guess you really improved much since our last match, however I am getting tired of bashing each other around so what say we finished this faster?"

"Indeed Saotome I am also looking forward to finished this earlier, although this rematch is quite enjoyable but it is starting to annoy me!" The musk prince change into a Ki gathering post, "I will declare you as the winner if you could survived the this attack Saotome!"

Ranma just smirk as he immediately generated his owned from of Ki Blast.

"Musk Shokei Fist Final Attack - Dark Banisher!" as a large Black Ki dragon was form and charge toward Ranma.

"Well here goes nothing! 'Perfect Mouko Takabisha!" shouted Ranma as a whirl of golden Ki was generated on his palm till the Ki ball reach the size of a Ryouga's 'Perfect Shishi Houkoudan' and release it toward the Musk prince before it reach. However as the two Ki Blast clash, Ranma Ki blast surprisingly being absorb by Herb's Ki blast. As the black dragon consume Ranma's blast while taking Ranma with it. Leaving nothing but people's memory of Ranma behind.

**

Gourrina_Chan not so proudly presents a Ranma 1/2 and Vanguard cross.

Ranguard (I know I is lame but hey if you can think a better title e-mail me)

#01: Boys meet girls

**

Tokai Hibiki ran toward the Ikazuchi as he recalled all those taunt that his so call friend said,

[Well, anywhere, we're just third class citizens.]

*No *

[Don't think anything stupid. Just shut up and make these parts and you won't have to worry about food for the rest of your life. Don't try to be smart, Kid. You won't become an upper class even if you do a headstand. ]

*Damn it I am not trying to be smart! It just that the blood inside me is calling! That I am something more than a mere worker!*

[That's impossible. You should know yourself more. Prove it. Not with just words but with your actions. ]

*Fine! Just shut up and see how I get it done! * As the young Hibiki steel himself and run faster toward his destination. With a few tricks in his pocket and some training he had gone though with his grandpa before he left and a lots of Hibiki Luck as his grandfather always pound of. He managed to pass all the guards and security system without much interference. Finally he reached his destination the ex-ship hanger. The bandanna boy smirks in a way that would make his uncle proud as he saw the hand identify security system

"I don't just come here without a little preparation you know! I did my proper research too." As the young Hibiki pulled out a plastic glove that have an elite hand print on it which he managed to obtain due to his careful plans. However his smile broke off when the computer rejected his palm-print.

"Why- why it don't works."

"Where do you think you are going Kiddo?" as the bandanna boy suddenly been scope up. The bandanna boy turned his head to face his fate but found out a familiar pigtail man in his late teen, he couldn't help but smile.

"Uncle…Hmmm!" as Hibiki mouth was close by Ranma's hand.

"Shhh! You idiot do you want both of us to get caught or something?"

"Uncle Saotome, how come you are here?" Asked the bandanna boy in surprise since he never expect to see his favorite older bother here ever since he disappears one year ago.

"Well, I can't let my nephew get kill for nothing don't I. Beside Ryouga will kill me if he found out his precious grandson is death because he couldn't hold his stupid temper!"

"Err…sorry I guess." Answer the bandanna boy sheepishly.

"Now lets get going and get that stupid marked part of yours!"

Ranma glow a bit as he place his hand on the palm scanner causing it to short circuits.

`Shall we!" Ranma smirk as he put on a dramatic pose as the door open without trigging the alarm.

"Uncle Saotome, you never cause to amaze me! Now lets get going!"

**

Ranma was impress the place that they managed to heck in, appeared to be a large storage room, which was filled with two rows of the new mecha that the Tarak had built which they had name it 99-type Bangata Bokugeki-ki (Vanguard). However even he was impress, years of discipline did paid off as he recollect himself quickly and remind the equally awe bandanna boy.

"Now Kiddo, I believe you should grab your stuff and get out of here fast."

"Err…yeah! Lets see…hmmm there you are, partner! Damn, you've become big! (An: Not pervert type BIG!) I come to take you back now!" as the bandanna boy excitedly jump forward to the marked Vanguard. However something happened, before he can reach the Vanguard the ship move, causing him to fall backward

"What happened?" asked Hibiki particularly to no one.

"I believe they just launch Ikazuchi."

"Uncle Saotome, you don't need to tell me the obvious! I already know that!"

"Well I was just trying to be helpful!" state Ranma in an as the matter of fact tone.

**

Just outside of the hanger the cadets of the Tarak Space Force were busy enjoying the inauguration ceremonies as they drank and doing some mindless conversed with each other.

"Wow! With those new Vanguard, we can defiantly put those Woman in their place!"

"Hey, when we come back from the mission, you wanna make a child?"

"A child with you? Not a bad idea."

"Duero, you definitely headed for HQ right?" asked one of the cadets toward a long hair man "I guess you probably have a lot of admirers."

The man with longhaired ignore the cadet as he take another sip of his wine.

"I hear that he left the position line of his submissions entry form completely blank." Another cadet said.

Just then, a cadet with blonde hair walked in on them, holding a box of pink and white colored pellets.

"Hey everyone! Excited enough?" the blonde speaks as he offered the men some of his nutrition pills. "This is a new product from our company. It's specially produced Geo Power Pill." Than he walked closer to the other as he said in a rather low tone, "I can't say this out loud, but compared to the Pelts over there, these are different from the normal ingredients! So how `bout some? As a proof of being friends?"

Looking at the weird pink color the cadets knew that for the sake of their life they should not take the pills, "Nah…we're you see are really full. I am sorry we can't tried your new pills, but I am sure it taste good."

"Ah, really? What a shame. You might never get another chance to try this. Ell I guess it's your lost Bye!" Then the blonde boy walked away and continue his search for `victims' no testers."

"Who is that guy?" asked a blonde cadet curiously.

"He is the third generation owner of Garsus Food Corp. Let's just say that our stomachs are granted to us by him."

"Geez, I feel sick."

Just then, the lights went down as an announcer began addressing the assembled personnel. The crowds directed their attention to a movie screen, which began showing images of the military's latest weapon, the 99-type Bangata Bokugeki-ki. The announcer then began giving a brief documentary on the mecha.

The crowds cheer for their latest tools to fight against woman. Then the light turned back on and the wall opened revealing two lines of Vanguard. When the mecha turned and the cadets, their cheer dies off as they saw two third class citizens, one is a short boy clinging to the codpiece of a Vanguard. Another was a pigtail man that seems unaffected by the crowds whom just stand there smiling.

Despite the Chaos, Duero Mcfile managed to assess the intruders. The short intruder was like any typical third class citizen, which he is not interested. But the Pigtail intruder was entirely different case; the pigtail man was in excellent physical condition, with a lean, but finely tone muscled form. He wears a strange design red silk clothes that he never seen before. Furthermore he had the clearest gray blue eyes that he had ever seen. Around his neck was an ID tag that clearly denoted his rank, but the young doctor doubt he is just a mere third-class citizen. There was just something about him that marked the pigtail man special.

"What are you doing? Capture him!" The Minister's yelled in frustration as Hibiki Tokai sprang from the robot and onto the bust of "Grandpa". While Ranma just seems to knock out all the guard that send to capture him, causing Duero to suspect that he was just only toying with them. *Could this guy one of the elites in disgust? *

"Stop resisting or I will shot your friend here!" yelled one of the guards as he stuck the gun on Hibiki's head after they restrain the young Hibiki,

*Shit I shouldn't play with these guys! Oh well! * The pigtail martial artist let out sigh as he stopped moving and raised his hands in a non-threatening gesture and surrendered without a word.

The guard quickly surrounded the pigtail martial artist with guns pointing at him, for safety measure one of the guard walk forward and knocked out the pigtail martial artist then they drag those two intruders toward the cell.

Everyone in the party was slightly disturb since the party was complete ruined by the two third class citizen but all except two person in the crowds one is Duero, who smile at the incident, as he wonder if this is a sign from god indicating a change of destiny. Another one is Bart who just doesn't care.

**

"Keep an eye on this two Cell Unit 6." The guard ordered as a squat, oval-shaped mechanoid hovered near the laser bars of Ranma and Hibiki's cell. The brig was in actuality, a storage room. The men of Tarak had not been planning on taking any prisoners in their war with the women.

"Beep! Beep! Roger!" The robot replied as it took up its position in front of the cell.

As the guards left, Ranma jumps up and surprise the young Hibiki who was about to check on him.

"Wow! Uncle Saotome you sure wake up fast!"

"Well, didn't you old man tell you I am the best martial artist in the world or not galaxy?"

"Well he just told me that you're a bread thief!"

Ranma roll his eyes in disbelieve while muttering softly under his breathe, "Geez, that idiot still don't forget that incident even after three hundred years!"

"What did you say Uncle Saotome?"

"Oh it is nothing! So how are we going to get out?"

"That I was about to asked you Mr. Greatest Martial Artist!"

Letting out a small sigh as Ranma replied "Well we can always break away during the execution or…"

"Or what?" asked the young Hibiki curiously.

"Or we can simply we blast our way out!"

"What do you mean…" The bandanna boy eyes turn as wide as a beach ball as he see his uncle produced an baseball size energy ball on his palm, but it fade off when the robot zap the pigtail martial artist with a shots of electric. Saying something about energy threats must be eliminated.

"Darn that dumb robot!"

Hibiki look at his Uncle in skeptic look, "Got any more bright idea?"

"Oh- just shut up kiddo! I am thinking!"

"Very well than might as well tried it my way!" The bandanna boy turn toward the navy robot, "Hey! Partner, please let us out of here. Since we are both born in the factory, we are like bothers."

"Beep…Beep…we are composed of different materials…so `bothers' are not a suitable expression."

"How about like this I got a good sound generator. I'll install it for you if you let me out."

"Refused. The observed subject's request is not suitable. Instigation of escape as well as attempt to bribery is crime…therefore…"

"Therefore." As Hibiki gets his hopes up but disappointed when the robot replied with "punishment!" without another words the robot zap the bandanna boy with the similar electric blast as it zap Ranma.

Ranma could contain the urge to laugh anymore as he saw his adopted nephew argued with the robot but his laugh dies off when suddenly the ship shacks. Judging by the movement Ranma faintly can determine that the ship has been shot.

The massive explosion rocked the section of the ship and causes the robot guard to temporarily lose its balance. It suddenly pitched forward and slammed into the energy grid of their cell, causing it to short-circuit itself and the grid. The energy bars weakened in intensity, but remained in place. Without hesitation Hibiki took the robot wires out and short circuit the energy bars.

"Don't underestimate the intelligence of a mech-engineer! Now lets go Uncle Saotome!"

"Kiddo I guess you wins this time!" As the pigtail martial artist walk out from the cell.

"Sure, after all I learn from the best!" As the bandanna boy smile cockily while he took the malfunction navy robot and run after his Uncle.

**

"Even if it is a disinfectant, but I don't think that I'll ever get used to this smell." Jura commented. She was a tall, voluptuous woman of twenty with long, lush, blonde hair. She wore a very snug dress with a plunging neckline.

"Where's Dita?" Meia asked. She was girl in her late teen with light aqua hair cropped short in a boyish style. Over her left eye she wore a kind of metal circlet. She was dressed in a form-fitting body suit that emphasized her curves.

"She was firing beams at random and ran into a wall, thanks to that...ow!" Barnette glared at her comrade Paiway. Barnette was about the same age as Jura and she wore an outfit that had an open front to display her bosom's cleavage. She had dark hair that was also cropped short. "Watch it Paiway! It delicate skin you know!"

"I can't help it!" Replied the apprentice nurse call Paiway who is a short eleven years old young girl wearing Nurse outfit with long, dark purple hair that was tied up in a fashion like certain Kasumi like Jurain princess we know. She continued to add disinfectant to the wound that Barnette had received in the battle with the men.

"You are a nurse aren't you?"

"But…"

Looking at the situation Duero walk toward the locker for emergency medical used and pulled out a doctor cloths and wear it. This action has capture one of the female pirate attention.

"Don't get off the line! Get on the capsule." Warned the female pirate.

"Don't worried, I'll go on later." Replied Duero plainly which causes the female pirate anger and she lift up her gun as she threaten the raven hair doctor.

"You can't do what you want! I will shoot if you disobey!"

"No need to worry, cause I am a doctor."

**

"Ouch! My head, that stupid woman must have ram her dread over me." As Ranma rubbed his head in annoyed however his attention immediately was draw by an interesting scene. His nephew was currently in a situation where Ranma's mother would say very Manly. A woman is lying on top of him with her breast pressing against his head.

*Why that lucky dog. Well I guess I should sit back and entertain myself a bit. * Ranma smile as he sat on the Paksis core and observed. Unknown to him the Paksis seems to glow as time pass.

**

"I expected a lot when they said `big catch,' but all we get here is just junks."

Ignoring her complain Meia went toward one of the holes in the walls. She then called to Jura.

"Jura! I'm going to go look for Dita."

The blonde shrugged. "This is the reason why I didn't want to bring along a apprentice along."

"We're short-handed!" Meia snapped back. "If you were gonna oppose, she should've done that before."

"Fine. Okay. I am coming." While she mutters a few unpleasant words under her breathe.

**

Back in the Paksis chamber, Hibiki slowly began coming around. His vision was blocked by something that was lying on top of him and he reached up with a hand to feel around. He encountered something that was round, warm and…squishy. Curiously he opened his eyes and saw something he fear the most - woman. It was a woman like the picture in those books he read. Without second taught he quickly threw off whatever was on top of him and scrambled backward.

"WAIT!"

He stopped as he heard the voice and then watched as the person he had pushed removed her helmet.

Dita became more excited than she had ever been before as she removed her helmet. Her bright eyes twinkled as she shook her long mane of auburn hair. She had a decorative hairpiece that looked like a tiara.

"Wow! It's a real live alien!"

"A…alien?" asked the confused Hibiki.

However Dita completely ignore him as she raised a hand and began making simple gestures with it. When Hibiki mimicked those hand signals, she became even more excited.

"I did it! We communicated! First contact!"

"Good Bye!" For his owned healths the bandanna boy without hesitated turn away and run away as if a dog was chasing him.

Dita quickly rummaged about her suit for her camera. "Hey wait! I haven't taken a picture yet!"

"Wait! Let's just sit down and have a little chat!" Dita called as she keeps taking snapshot of the terrified boy.

"What do you take me for stupid? I am not letting you eat my livers."

"Dita is a peaceful race!"

"I don't know what you are talking about!" yelled back by the obviously frighten bandanna boy. Unknown to the bandanna boy at the top of the Paksis his Uncle Saotome frown, *I never knew that kid actually believe those bull. Oh well might as well continue to enjoy the show. Unless something happened*

**

Ezra gasped as she looked at the readout and saw the danger. "Oh my! We got a missile lock."

"What! Parfait, can you move the ship?" asked Buzom (BC) to the large oversized glasses girl beside.

"Negative, the engine is still dead."

"Boss!"

"I see it too. The `big catch' is regrettable, so everyone pull out!" replied the old woman who wears robes who is the leader of the female pirates.

"Understand Meia, did you hear that!"

"We lost Dita! We'll escape as soon as we find her." However the light aqua hair girl attention was quickly drawn toward the voice of a shaken male and a hyper excited girl

"Don't come near me! Don't touch me!"

"Why?" asked the auburn hair girl curiously

"Dita!" As the light aqua hair girl couldn't contain her surprises.

"Wow! Did you see that? She is following a man."

**

"There, that should do it."

The medic then contemplated Barnette with a natural curiosity. Like most men on Tarak, he had never seen a woman before and she was quite different from the propaganda films.

Barnette became extremely agitated at his gaze. "W…What! It is nothing interesting?"

"No. It is interesting."

"I am not going to thank you!"

"I don't care." As the medic stand up and move toward his next patient. "Well, Then, who is next?"

Behind him, Paiway was busy listing down the girls name Duero touch on a notepad. "He touched 5 girls. 5 girls."

**

The pirate ship flew to the underside of the old Ikazuchi and connected a boarding tube to it. The crew extraction commenced, but it was too late as the missile slowly getting nearer.

The old woman quickly activated her communication link with her second in command, "BC, report the statues!"

"Everyone other than myself has escaped. Meia and 2 others still here."

"They will use the Dreads to come back. BC pull out now!"

"Roger!"

**

Back to the Paksis core area, Dita was still chasing the poor frighten boy.

"Hey, wait!" But before the girl could go on further, Meia stopped her by pushing her down.

"Dita, what are you doing! Don't move away from the team by yourself!" scold Meia.

"Leader, I am sorry."

Meia just about to scold her more she received a beep sound from her communication, she immediately pick up the line as she ensure Buzom they will escape at once on their Dreads. Unnoticed by the girls, Ranma heard the whole conversation. *Hmmm…escape? This must be bad! * As the pigtail martial artist scanned around to search for escaped route, *Aha! There are two Vanguards there! Well I think we will stand a better chance within a Vanguard than a bare skin. *

With that taught in mind, Ranma hoop down from his hiding place and land in front of his still shivering nephew. "Come on Kiddo, lets get out of here, NOW and FAST!"

Using his inhuman speed, Ranma rush toward the Vanguard and throw the bandanna boy into the cockpit of the Vanguard. "Closed the door and pray Kiddo."

Ranma than run toward another Vanguard beside Hibiki and close the door, while leaving the rest toward the infamous Saotome luck to take place.

**

"There is still 25 second left before the impact." Report one of the Bridge crew.

"It's all up to chance now." Old woman simply state out the fact as she pray for a miracle.

**

Meia take off as soon as she went into her dread but as she turn and check out her comrade, she found our Dita didn't seems to follow them, "Dita?!"

"Leader, my dread is stuck and I can't get it out!"

"Dita, we can't wait any longer!"

"Somebody save me!!" Cried the auburn ditz as the binding light crash surrounded the Pirates mother ship and everything nearby leaving nothing.

At the same time when the light began to surround Ranma, he became very nervous as he recalled the last duel he had with certain dragon prince, "Shit, it was that same feeling again!"

TBC

Author notes: Got to rewrite the whole damn thing after reading the reviews so I hope you like it. And for those who still don't know why Ranma looks so young! Well all I can say all will be reveal as the story unfold.