Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma&Kurama Battalion Wars ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, I know it's been like a year since I have updated this, wanna know why? Because I felt like my writing style needs to improve, well...I was going to abandon this story, but had second thoughts and decided to get this story to start running again. I know it's been like a year now. But I hope you'll enjoy this story.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Ranma or YuYu Hakusho or Battalion Wars.
 
Chapter Start!
 
 
It wasn't long before the sun rose over the horizons, it was rather quiet at dawn, the eastern skies were a mixed colours of red, orange, pink, yellow, and some blue at the nearest end of the horizons. Hours have past as the slowly moved from the horizons to the almost top of the beautiful azure skies with the clouds gently blowing winds from their very bodies as they moved about freely in the skies, making it a look like a very peaceful scenery. Of course, the peaceful scenery didn't last long before the sounds of a very loud engine coming from a direction. Also the sounds of lots of footsteps which seem to be a running motion coming from the opposite direction.
 
Soon, soldiers wearing military helmets that had a single white stripe going from the back to the front. They all wore green face masks, leaving only the tip of the nose and eyes exposed for the world to see, they wore green zippered coats with white stripes that goes around each of the wrists and waist of the coat, they wore green pants that had brown pockets on each knee. They wore black boots and brown gloves to keep their hands from getting cold on the battlefield. There was a big heavy looking green backpack on each of their backs, in their arms were M17 Fully Automatic Assault Rifles, each carrying them.
 
They were the Rifle Grunts, said to be frightening shock troopers in the battlefield, known for eliminating enemy infantry in large groups, also said that they are good scouts.
 
About twelve of them came running on the track, which is beside the road that ground vehicles drive on. They ran past the green Light Tank that was on the road, which is slowly moving along. The Light Tank had a large, yet short barrel 100mm cannon equipped, the tank had one star on the front of the body, one on the side, while the other white star was on the other side of the body of the tank. The tank had a searchlight on the side of cockpit of the tank. This tank, was built for two soldiers, one was controlling the tank, acceleration, handling, and the 100mm cannon. While the other was perched on top of the tank with the short ranged Heavy Machine Gun, shooting enemy infantry that was nearby the Light Tank. Who was perched on top of the tank? The guy had back length long black hair tied in a pig tail and had blue eyes. This guy was Ranma Saotome, recruited to the Western Frontier Army, soldier of the Third Battalion Unit. He was dressed like those Rifle Grunts that ran by, except for the helmet, backpack, and the face mask.
 
He just watched the Rifle Grunts pass by as they ran towards the watch tower with haste, he saw a familiar white haired short man with a yellow suit with a loud phone in his hand. The Rifle Grunts came to a halt in front of the football test dummies to catch their breath.
 

He heard the General say, “Wars are combat sports gentlemen! Now sap those defenses! Go, go, go!” One Rifle Grunt who was brave enough to stand on his feet, ran towards the dummy, unfortunately, he didn't even move the dummy the slightest bit, he ended up hanging onto the dummy and fell down on his rear. Ranma laughed from faraway, the embarrassed soldier heard his eleven comrades laughing at him for his unfortunate situation. The soldier that was inside the tank heard him laughing. “ Hey Ranma, what's so funny?” Asked the soldier who was inside the tank, Ranma, who had calmed down from his laughing, replied. “Just watching that guy embarrass himself” “Really? What happened?” Ranma then explained about the soldier who embarrassed himself. He heard him laughing his ass off after he finished explaining.
 
“So, h-he ended up latching onto the d-dummy and fell down on his r-r-rear?” The soldier said between his laughs, “Yep.” Ranma answered which earned him more laughs from the soldier. He began to look around him. There were chain link fences set across the field, to prevent anyone from entering these training grounds. There were trees set on the fields and on the hills and mountains surrounding them. It's been about two months after he and Shuiichi, or Kurama finished their military gruesome training. Of course, he didn't want to use guns at first, but when he met this Brigadier Betty, she convinced, or rather forced him to use guns, because she kicked him in his most sensitive spot. The location? Between his legs. She said he could use his hand to hand combat but on one condition, only when enemies come close to him, if he refuses, he'd get another `punishment' from Betty. Damn, it has hurt him much more than Akane malleting him into LEO. He remembered her appearance. She had long waist length blonde hair tied in a ponytail, she wore a hat that soldiers wear when they're presenting the Western Frontier Army to the public. She wore a green sweater that had a mini skirt. She wore a pair of white socks that almost reach to her knees and wore a pair of brown boots.
 
He had to admit, she was quite beautiful, in her own way. He sometimes saw glimpses of her emerald green eyes sparkling and gave off her cheerful smile, and he saw the look that was not lost on him. The very same determined look in her eyes that he always had when there was challenge and his determination to win. Yes, it was the eyes that was not lost on him. Which will be around him forever...
 
His thoughts, however, was completely smashed to smithereens when he heard General Herman from faraway from the Rifle Grunts say “AND WHERE'S THE CONFLICT?!” from the loud speaker phone which was followed by a loud screeching sound. Ranma began to wonder what Herman was doing and talking about at the lookout guard tower. “RANMA! SHUIICHI! Get yer butts over at Headquarters, NOW!” Came Herman`s loud, booming voice from the lookout guard tower. Ranma just shook his head a few times before addressing his comrade. “Hey, can you take me to headquarters, soldier?” Ranma asked politely. “Sure thing, our shifts just over now, I can take you to headquarters” Came the soldiers voice from inside the tank. Thus, the tank drove slowly towards his destination.
 
Ranma didn't remember what happened to him, and how he got here. All he remembered was that he was in the park, a black sphere appeared out of no where and swallowed him. The same goes for Kurama, he said that he was walking home when a black sphere appeared and swallowed him also. Ranma felt like there was a connection about that sphere, but couldn't place his finger on it. He doesn't know why he ended up here, but he definitely knows this is not his world, even Kurama knows about that. When they first met the General, they thought about telling him that they're from different worlds, but decided not to, like who would believe them? Then again, he still has his strength and power, which he is thankful for.
 
He was brought out of his musings when the soldier announced, “We're here” Ranma grabbed his assault rifle and thanked the soldier before he drove away with the tank. Ranma faced the large building, it was as big as last time he saw it. Two Rifle Grunts were guarding the gate, each having the air of toughness about them. He walked towards them and gave them a nod. They acknowledged his presence and opened the gates, he walked past them and didn't look back. He heard the gates groaning and closed loudly as he continued to walk to his destination. There were guards all over the place, to prevent intruders attacking and never get away with it. He still remembers about the truce that was held a week ago. The truce between the Western Frontier Army and the Tundra Army. It was an agreement of peace between these two nations.
 
No War. No Conflict. No Bloodshed.
 
Ranma and his friend, Kurama were there when the peace treaty was signed, in their uniforms of course, they've never seen such a large number of soldiers. There were a couple of thousands of soldiers at each border of the two nations, and a couple of hundred ground vehicles. They saw thousands of Tundra soldiers, every one of them carrying their weapons, just like the Western Frontier soldiers did.
 
He was brought out of his thoughts when he came to a door with two guards beside the door, they nodded at him and opened the door for him as he walked in. He wasn't surprised when he saw that mischievous, flame haired, green eyed teen already there. Kurama was already there, obviously waiting for him. He also wore the uniform like the Rifle Grunts, except for the backpack, helmet, and face mask. He walked and stood beside Kurama as they stood straight and saluted the General.
 
“Well, since ye' two are here, I have a mission for the two of you” Herman began, the pair sent Herman their full attention. “Your mission is to patrol at the Tundra border” That was it? Patrolling? They were expecting like delivering documents but patrolling the borders. “ Your mission will start at 11:00a.m, it's 10:15a.m now, so you only get forty-five minutes to prepare, so get MOVING!” Herman ordered. Ranma and Kurama both said “Yessir!” and both left the office.
 
Once the pair was outside, Ranma said “Didn't expect our first mission to be patrolling the borders” “Yes” Kurama answered. The conversation didn't last long as the transport copters arrived and stepped into the very large green copter, said not only capable of transporting soldiers, but also ground vehicles. The twin propellers started to spin and hummed loudly as it lifted off the surface and flew off to the air.
 
Destination: Tundra Borders
 
Half an hour later, Ranma and Kurama stepped out of Transport Copter as the icy winds met their face. It was snowing out on the borders, and was really cold. The pair quickly ran to the cabin that they were living in. Ranma opened the door as Kurama ran in and closed it. “Damn, it's really cold out there” Ranma muttered. Kurama just nodded in agreement. They both went to their beds, put on their face masks first, then their helmet on, of course, Kurama shoved his long red hair into the helmet while Ranma just simply put his on. They put their large backpacks on the backs. They grabbed their black M17 Fully Automatic Assault Rifles and loaded them, looking like Rifle Grunts and headed out to the cold world.
 
Chapter Ends
 
Hey, don't blame if the characters act Out Of Character or to put it simply, OOC. I know they would have proof that they are from the other world, but I have already decided the plot of this story.