Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ A change for the Better ❯ Ranma lost... Now Found?! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Change for the Better part 4
by Ryouga's best friend


Yukiko stared wide-eyed in shock, "did Saotome just change into a girl?!" she rubbed her eyes just to make sure. After a moment she brought up her energy reader it flickered a bit. "That's odd, I can't pick up a reading on her. I'm just getting static, I can't pick up Saotome anywhere. Where did he go?" she scratched her head and walked off. "Maybe the master will know?" she left the school yard and headed back to her apartment.

Ami headed home, carrying P-chan. Who had all but given up at this point, he just sat in her arm questioning kami's reason for this irony. They soon arrived at a small house, Ami opened the door. "Hello Mom!" she called receiving no answer. She dropped her bag by the door and headed to the kitchen, her eye catching the note from her mom. It read:

Dear Ami,
I was called in for a huge emergency. I'll be back as soon as I can.
Love you ,
Mom

She placed P-chan on the counter, "Looks like I'm making dinner tonight, are you hungry?" she asked the pig. P-chan nodded, much to Ami's surprise. "You can understand what I'm saying?" she asked, P-chan nodded slowly. This peaked Ami's interest, she examined the pig closely. She quickly caught the bandanna around it's neck *That's one of Ryouga's bandannas, But how could he have a pet if he travels so much, hmm* she calculated. "Do you belong to Ryouga?" it was an innocent question and was surprised to see the pig sweat and get nervous. P-chan didn't know what to do, should he just get it over with or let history repeat it self. He let out a frustrated "BWEE!" and raced off the counter. He headed to the door but ended up running up stairs. "Hey wait, where are you going?" Ami hurried after the frantic animal, amazed by how fast it was moving. P-chan went bouncing from door to door trying to find one open. He managed to rush into one and he was rewarded with a large splash, Ami hurried up the hall after the frantic pig. She opened up the bathroom door. "Now what was that all abo-!" she froze staring blankly into the bathroom, Where a very naked Ryouga sat in the water, "Ry-Ryouga!?" she had no train of logic that could explain what was going on.

"Uh, H-hi Ami" He said clumsily and very red, finally her mind over loaded and she fainted in the hallway.
-------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
Far away in Nerima, There is a solemn vibration echoing through the whole city. The chaos has subsided with it's main player gone, it's all quiet. Both nekoken and Ucchan's are closed much to the dismay of many frequent customers. Kasumi sadly sweeps the floor of the Tendo home, Akane hasn't come out of her room since Ranma left, Genma and Soun couldn't stand it and went on there own journey, but everyone's faith was in Nabiki...

Kasumi answers the phone, "Tendo residence, may I help you" she say politely. There's a moment of silence as she listens, "okay I'll check, Nabiki it's-" she began.

"I haven't found Ranma yet!" a frustrated shout from Nabiki came from upstairs. Kasumi sighed and went back to the phone.

"I'm sorry Ukyou, nothing yet" with that she sadly hung up as Nabiki came downstairs, very frustrated.

"I can't find him anywhere, he didn't leave any clues, he didn't even take any of his things. It's like he disappeared off the face of the earth" she sat down at the table and thought for a second. "I don't get it, he couldn't of run away. He's too proud" her elder sister joined her.

"Well that's what Akane told us when she got home, but she wasn't sad about it until the next day" Kasumi stated thinking back for a moment they looked at each other for a second.

"Maybe she killed him" Nabiki stated as a joke, but silence followed for a moment. Then they both shook those thoughts out of there heads, "but she might know something she didn't tell us" she stood up and headed upstairs followed by her sister. "Akane" she said softly knocking on the door, she opened it to find the room devoid of light, all of her book torn off the selves, sheets and stuffed animals thrown everywhere and Akane laying limply on the bed, almost totally motionless, Kasumi gasped.

"what?" the girl said, her voice empty and emotionless. Nabiki sat at the edge of the bed, she took a deep breath.

"What really happened four days ago, what happened to Ranma?" she tried to keep her voice firm, Akane rolled over her tear stained face was now visible.

"I-I told you he ran off" she finished with uncertainty, Nabiki looked her straight in the eyes.

"You can't lie to me Akane" she said coldly. She didn't want to do it this way, but it's really the only way she knew how. Akane suddenly broke down, Kasumi sat down and held her.

"I..did..it" she said between sobs, much to Nabiki's surprise. "I don't know what happened I just got so angry at him, I saw black...I ha-hat..ed him. I told him, I said so many horrible things. Then I hit him as hard as I could and..and.. he didn't come back" she was hysterical. Nabiki went into shock. she knew that her sister had a temper, but this was insane.

"oh my, this is terrible" Kasumi stated very serious holding a shaking Akane. Nabiki silently stood up and walked to the door, "Nabiki?" Kasumi asked worried.

"I-I have to make a call" she said shakily, she left the room Akane still sobbing on Kasumi's shoulder. Nabiki really wanted to stay and comfort her sister, but she was never good at that sort of thing. She sat sadly on the couch, just as the phone rang. Nabiki almost smiled at the irony, she answered it. "yeah?" she said bluntly

"I think I found him" an excited voice said on the other line, Nabiki nearly collapsed.

"Your kidding" she was astonished that one of her helpers had succeeded where she had failed.

"No joke, I checked the enrollment lists for all the surrounding districts and it seems Ranma Saotome is attending one Juban high school" the voice said very proud. Nabiki mentally slapped herself for missing that. "and you believe this, RYOUGA HABIKI enrolled with him" the girls voice was filled with confusion. Nabiki tried to collect herself, none of this made sense.

"Well thanks Honami, your a life saver" The middle Tendo stated in her normal calm voice with a hint of congratulation.

"Any time boss" she hung up on the other end, Nabiki pondered the situation for a moment. *Why didn't he come back?* she than remembered her sister's hysterical description of events. *He thinks she doesn't love him at all, Maybe she doesn't* Nabiki shocked herself with that thought. Kasumi came down interrupting the thought process.

"The poor girl cried herself to sleep" her sister stated sadly, "who was it on the phone?". Nabiki sat down again and motioned for Kasumi to do the same, she cleared her throat.

"We've found Ranma" she whispered as if people were listening, which some probably were. Kasumi gasped but said nothing, her look said all, Nabiki nodded. "He's doesn't seem on planning a return trip, he enrolled in a new school" she said still talking low.

"What will we do about Akane?" Kasumi whispered with a gaze upstairs. Nabiki shrugged and silence reigned. All that was heard was faint rustling of the outside bushes as Sasuke ran off into the night.

Ranma-chan sat in shade of the tree a little steamed at her current form, not changing in the last few days had made him careless. She relaxed a bit as the wind blew, Ranma-chan suddenly felt jumpy. After a moment she felt stupid, "It's so peaceful here I'm half expectin' Shampoo or Ucchan to come out wanting to go out on a date or somethin'" he said jokingly, "Then Akane would come along an-." she trailed off downhearted. She stared at the ground, *Akane...* the wind blew hard in the silence.

Virgo entered her apartment, it was empty. After dropping her bag in the living she went to the end of the hall, she opened it to find a strange colored vortex. She concentrated and the marks appeared along with the armlet. She took a step inside an to a huge room with a large round table. Seated about were the other zodiacs, she sat in her seat receiving a glare from the twins sitting across from her. "Welcome Virgo, now we can start our meeting" A cold disembodied voice echoed through the hall, the zodiacs nodded. A magic screen appeared in the center of the table, short clips of Ryouga and Ranma during the last fight flash showing the two boys decimate the unfortunate panthergasts. The last image freezes with the sailors celebrating with Ranma and Ryouga. "Now what may I ask is this!" The voice went to full rage causing all of the zodiacs to flinch, Virgo stared at the floor.

"Our minions being defeated by a group of teenagers" She admitted, a cold breeze blew through the room.

"You should have been able to get at least one of the targets" the voice continued calmer, "only three of them could really hurt us". Virgo took a breath.

"The boys are very strong experienced fighters and the girls are a force created solely to destroy us. And I am aware of the failure, But I have a plan" she stated with confidence. Leo shot a look at her but said nothing.

"Continue" the voice urged with a hint of interest. Virgo cleared her throat and motioned to the screen a spit screen picture shows each of the sailors faces along with Ranma and Ryouga.

"Now you have seen their strength with their attacks, but more importantly there teamwork. Their teamwork is what allows them to triumph, each one has a role. Remove any of them an chaos ensues, so we simply have to find the weakest link and snap it" she finished receiving a few nods along with some glares.

"Hmmmm" rumbled the voice, "That sounds like a sound plan, but I recommend you leave it to the other zodiacs. You and the rest of the research party need to hold up your positions in the other world" Virgo, Sagittarius, Taurus and Cancer nodded and left. The voice continued, "Aquarius, you will start the plan, if it show promise will go all out. Each zodiac shall have their own target, is that clear" the voice boomed. The daemons all nodded, though some had resistance. "Now Aquarius chose your victim" with that a young man with long blue hair stood and walked confidently to the screen. He had similar markings on his face, in a deep blue sleeveless vest, white pants and sandals. He gave an evil smirk.

"Yes Fortune" he replied respectfully. He examined all of the pictures with deceptively kind eyes "As for the first Target..." the pictures began to disappear leaving one, which enlarged. "Sailor Mercury will do" The water zodiac stated shouldering his trident.

To be continued