Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Cries ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!" From outside.
"Breakfast is ready." From downstairs.
These are the sounds that woke Akane from sleep. 'Are they at it again?' she thought as she got dressed for school. 'Can't they at least be quieter about it? It’s not like they have to make so much noise when practicing.' This thought brought her all the way downstairs, where Kasumi was setting out her usual breakfast.
"Oh, good morning, Akane." Kasumi said as Akane came in. She sat down at her usual spot as Ranma-chan walked in, followed by a very wet and annoyed panda.
"Why do I always end up in the pond?" Ranma-chan grumbled, as he walked into the kitchen and came back out a few seconds later as a male Ranma. He then proceeded to speed eat his way through his own food, while fighting off his fathers attempts to steal his food. A few minutes later, Akane grabbed their bentos as they ran out the door on their way to school. Akane ran down the road with Ranma taking his usual spot on the fence. "Hey, you think Kuno's outta the hospital yet?"
Akane replied," I hope not. I don't feel like putting him into lower earth orbit today. That would make me late for class again, and I don't want to have to stand out in the hall with a stupid baka like you."
"Well, who would-" Ranma was cut off by a bicycle bell and a "Nihao, Airen!" as Shampoo came along the fence behind Ranma and stopped with her tire on Ranma's head.
"Ranma no go school. Ranma go on date with Shampoo?"
Ranma calmly flipped the bike off of his head, but not soon enough to avoid an Amazon Glomp from Shampoo.
"No, thanks, I gotta go to school." 'Man, I can't believe this. School actually has a use… Getting me away from an insane Amazon….'

"Okay, Airen, Shampoo bring you lunch then." With a final glomp, Shampoo, jumped on her bicycle and returned to her deliveries. After she left, Ranma noticed that Akane had simply walked on ahead without him.
"Hey, Akane, wait up." Ranma yelled as he ran to catch up.
"Oh, are you done playing kissy face with Shampoo?" Akane asked. As they approached the gates, they found Kuno was, indeed, out of the hospital, and waiting for them.
"Oh, my lovely Tendo Akane, and the fiery Pig-Tailed Girl, both here together! What have I done to be graced by the Kami themselves with such a beautiful sight?" It was only then that Ranma noticed he was a she again. It only took a moment and a combined hit from Ranma-chan and Akane to send Kuno flying into orbit. As they were nearly late for class again, Ranma-chan decided to just go to class as she was, and wait till class break to change back to his male form. Within five minutes of them showing up in class, Ranma was asleep on her desk, and Akane was quietly taking notes, hoping the baka wouldn't snore again today...
Newspaper Clippings from the Nerima GazettePolice are still baffled over the recent string of strange deaths that have been occurring in and around Tokyo for the last month. The bodies are all young females, each having been apparently eaten by a large creature. This reporter has seen a few of the photos of the bodies and is still wondering what kind of animal would be able to...