Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Japanese Amazon ❯ The Last Straw ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Ranma ½ or anything connected to it. *pout* Wish I did though…
***
This is my first attempt a fanfiction so please be kind. C&C are appreciated but flames are not (they smell funny). Please e-mail me with any suggestions you may have for the plot (I’m kind of stuck). This is not a story about Shampoo, and I don’t particularly like her. Well here it goes…
***

Japanese Amazon
By: Shoichi

Prologue-

Near midnight, a pair of hazel eyes watched from concealment as a young woman with short blue-black hair slipped out of the Tendo family home. The owner of the eyes followed silently.

***

This was the last straw, Akane could take no more. Today had been her 17th birthday and Ranma’s other fiancés had done everything in their power to make her life a living hell. Ranma didn’t even notice and said she was imagining things. Well she was done, with him, his fiancés, the whole damned situation. She was leaving. For how long or where to she didn’t know or care.
As she ran the sound of her steps covered the approach of the shadow that slipped from cover to cover. So it was a complete surprise when she was grabbed from behind and a hand snaked around to clamp over her mouth, muffling her scream.

***
The letter arrived a few days after Akane disappeared.

Everyone,

Things here have gotten too crazy for me. I’m going to train for a while with a friend. Please don’t try to follow me, or I will only say away longer. I will write again soon. I love you all.
Akane

***One Year Later***

Ranma paced the length of the yard for the hundredth time, body tense nerves frayed. Today was the day Akane would return, according to her last letter. He didn’t know what to do with himself; it wasn’t like he liked the uncute tomboy, but he just couldn’t sit still…
Things wad changed while she was gone. Ryoga was disappearing fore longer now, and for the two or three months instead of weeks. The first time he came back after she disappeared he looked a little green, but soon recovered. His battle cry of ‘Ranma prepare to die!’ had abruptly disappeared, though they still fought. Ukyo had gotten in the habit if taking him in of his infrequent stops in Nerma, and seemed a bit sad when he left. Kuno, with Nabiki’s help finally had his sister committed. With therapy, and the judicious use of various medications, he almost seemed normal, though he still occasionally spouted mangled Shakespeare. Mousse finally got some contacts and could see just fine now. Also, surprisingly, after a while his sometimes violent pursuit of Shampoo had… cooled, especially after Ranma was ‘encouraged’ to eat certain Amazon spices. The two young men certainly weren’t friends, but they where no longer enemies. Shampoo seemed confused by the change in her formerly blind suitor, though she still ardently chased Ranma.
The rest of the crew seemed to be handling the situation better than him. Kasumi was making a birthday dinner with all of Akane’s favorite dishes with the help of Ukyo and Shampoo. Sitting of the porch Nabiki was typing away on her new laptop (a thank you gift from Kuno). Soun and Genma where playing their endless games of Shogi, cheating at every opportunity. And Mousse was sorting and polishing his weapons (damn, where does he keep all that stuff!). All the while Ranma just wanted to throw a fit. She was coming home after an entire year away and they where acting like it was just any other day. Suddenly his battle senses started screaming. There was another fighter nearby, a strong one. Ranma spun around to face the wall that surrounded the Tendo home…